Battle For Middle Earth 3?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Lord_Cocoo_Puff
Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord_Cocoo_Puff
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I know the sequel is such an old game, but with the arrival of the hobbit is thier a chance that WB games might release an RTS based around the Lord of the Rings ?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Nah I doubt it. RTS isn't hot right now unless you are established franchise or aiming for the niche market Try Third Age Total War, a modification for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms. Arguably the best LOTR game ever made and it isn't even official. And definitely does large scale battles a lot better than BfME. Video 1Video 2
Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lord_Cocoo_Puff

I love this Mod by the way XD but yeah i just wish i could see maybe CA do an Offical "Middle Earth:Total War"

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Unless they buy the rights to the game franchise, I doubt it. It's still a really good mod for those wanting them epic LOTR battles.

Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Unless they buy the rights to the game franchise, I doubt it. It's still a really good mod for those wanting them epic LOTR battles.

mhofever

i wish SEGA would be crazy and buy the rights i mean could you imagine the insanity of said undertaking and how it could rekindle the fires of the fading RTS genre! and if not then we always have Thrid Age Total War....Rome 2 Edition!

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Stop salting the wounds man....BFME 1 and 2 were great games, but EA didn't seem to think so.

Armageddon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Armageddon100
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Stop salting the wounds man....BFME 1 and 2 were great games, but EA didn't seem to think so.

QQabitmoar
They are, really, but problem is because rts are not so popular type of game right now, like said in some post above, and not so profitable like mmo games... I havent seen good rts in loooong time, and im still waiting for miracle (definitly Rome 2) playing some old games :)
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

QQabitmoar

I think what happened was that EA lost the LOTR licence. Not sure how, or if it was their decision to let it go or whatever. But that's why there will likely never be a BFME3. Even if someone else decided to make an RTS out of LOTR, I don't think they could call it BFME. The way I understand it, EA still owns the BFME name, but since they don't have the LOTR licence anymore, they can't make another game, and had to shut down support for the 2 they did make. 

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

I would die for 1 solid  RTS.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

I'd love to see BFME3. I can't see how EA viewed BFME 2 as failure. BFME1 was horrible  but BFME2 was on a whole new level. I am seriously suprised there was no follow up. I participated in soo many tournaments that I still think it's top 5 RTS game I've played. 

As far a substative for BFME3, nothing :(