batlefeild 1942 can you use a controller??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rylsadar
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts

Is your keyboard and mouse broken? If it isn't,i will consider such topic an insult.

Using more than 7 control points from a controller,will cause a fatal error to Battlefield 1942.

DennisKumfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 DennisKumfi
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts

I want to know if you can use a pc contoller for battlefield 1942. If so how do you

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

cringer2000

Don't know. Question is, though... why would you?

whet40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 whet40
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
might be able to use it to fly/drive, idk i havent played that in quite a while
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts

Is your keyboard and mouse broken? If it isn't,i will consider such topic an insult.

Rylsadar
Would you dare try to fly an aircraft with just a keyboard and mouse? I wouldn't, for the same reasons everyone prefers to use KB+M on foot. Anyway, you can use DirectInput controllers in BF1942, with the following limitations: -Only the controller on the first ID can be detected. -You can only use four analog axes(TX, TY, TZ, RZ, a.k.a. joystick up/down, joystick left/right, throttle, rudder/twist). (Those aren't issues in later iterations like Battlefield 2, luckily. Too bad I enjoy air combat in BF1942 more.) To actually use the controller, you have to go into Options, then Controls. Click the field of the action you want to bind a controller axis or button to, and then move said axis or press said button accordingly.