Assassin's Creed play order?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

white_wolf922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 white_wolf922
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

I just started playing Assassin's Creed 1 and bought the second one on Steam, but I'm confused about what to play after that. I know the 3rd is out right now, but where does Brotherhood and Revelations fit in?

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Brotherhood after 2 and revelations after that.

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

The order they came out

AC> AC2>Brotherhood>Revelations> AC3

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
AC 1, but quit it fast and read the story, it's extremely boring after the 4th assassination, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and if by that time you still care or you care a lot about the story, do not buy AC 3, forget it exists, if you will ignore that you will watch one of the worst stories in a game ever and also by far the worst ending ever conceived.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

AC 1, but quit it fast and read the story, it's extremely boring after the 4th assassination, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and if by that time you still care or you care a lot about the story, do not buy AC 3, forget it exists, if you will ignore that you will watch one of the worst stories in a game ever and also by far the worst ending ever conceived. DanielDust

Weren't you just in another thread chastising someone for hating on WoW?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Skip the boring AC1 and especially the god horrible AC:R and play AC2, AC:B and AC3.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]AC 1, but quit it fast and read the story, it's extremely boring after the 4th assassination, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and if by that time you still care or you care a lot about the story, do not buy AC 3, forget it exists, if you will ignore that you will watch one of the worst stories in a game ever and also by far the worst ending ever conceived. Cwagmire21

Weren't you just in another thread chastising someone for hating on WoW?

You forgot a very important part of that equation mister cool guy wannabee "and not playing the game ever" (one thinks WoW sucks because only people that want to be cool play it and the other is beyond dumb since I got tired of his stupidity and there's no point going further I'll just say that he never "ever" actually played a Blizzard game, yet he posts on this forum like inousX does, another Blizzard hating moron that didn't play a single one of their games).

Also, to not consider your post completely redundant, in what way is it relevant to assessing the quality of games "I personally played and experienced"?

rann89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rann89
Member since 2004 • 313 Posts

I'm inclined to agree about Assassin's Creed 1. Has to be one of the worst games I've ever, ever played. The most difficult parts of that were A) jumping over water without getting thrown into it by mental patients because your master assassin doesn't know not only how to swim, but how to grab a log that's 3 inches in front of his face once he hits the water and B) throwing 15 guys at you in a 20x20 space that's surrounded by invisible blue walls. Which wouldn't be annoying in itself except for the fact that enemies can get pushed through it but you can't keep attacking them. So you're swinging at nothing while 14 other guys start grabbing and poking you. I started out getting every single piece of information and all the eagle speculations, etc. By the 4th assassination, I was just getting the bare minimum and hitting the Bureau to start the assassinations as soon as possible. I just wanted to play the game to know the story before I continued, but god damn that was painful.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

I'm inclined to agree about Assassin's Creed 1. Has to be one of the worst games I've ever, ever played. The most difficult parts of that were A) jumping over water without getting thrown into it by mental patients because your master assassin doesn't know not only how to swim, but how to grab a log that's 3 inches in front of his face once he hits the water and B) throwing 15 guys at you in a 20x20 space that's surrounded by invisible blue walls. Which wouldn't be annoying in itself except for the fact that enemies can get pushed through it but you can't keep attacking them. So you're swinging at nothing while 14 other guys start grabbing and poking you. I started out getting every single piece of information and all the eagle speculations, etc. By the 4th assassination, I was just getting the bare minimum and hitting the Bureau to start the assassinations as soon as possible. I just wanted to play the game to know the story before I continued, but god damn that was painful.

rann89
If the walls are invisible, how do you know they're blue?
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

AC1> AC2> Brotherhood> Revelations> AC3

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

in my opinion ac1 was way way better than ac2. story and characters were much better, i bored halfway through ac2. sister, father etc.. so lame. plus altair is the coolest character in entire ac series

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

in my opinion ac1 was way way better than ac2. story and characters were much better, i bored halfway through ac2. sister, father etc.. so lame. plus altair is the coolest character in entire ac series

tanerb
Lots of people disagree with you. For a good reason. But I am glad you enjoyed it.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

If you want to be bored play AC1, The must plays are AC2, AC: Brotherhood, and AC3, Revelations is up to you. It didn't add much to the overall story.