Arma 3 launches next week who's excited

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Its going to be very interesting to see the full feature of Arma 3. I'm having a blast playing the deathmatches.

TWIP_joha_runup.jpg

TWIP_qup_runup.jpg

/>TWIP_anku_win.jpg

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Looks incredible.
Priapus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Priapus101
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

Looks incredible.Rattlesnake_8

The big question is, have they done a good job optimising the game?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Probably going to wait until it's on sale, you know - when the campaign is finished.

Ser_Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ser_Charles
Member since 2013 • 76 Posts

I have been expected for this day for like several years...

Machineguns are not able to be fixed by bipod is a pity though.

Ser_Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ser_Charles

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Looks incredible.Priapus101

Actually I think they have. On my Q83+GTX650TI+4G DDR2, it works fine under low graphics.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

just gimmie my heavy tanks

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

How much more are they adding in the "full" game? Hanging around Altis is pretty fun, but I've been doing that for the last couple of weeks already.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

buy the beta it will be cheaper if anyone wants to buy it

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I've had it since they first released the Alpha, probably won't play it much unless my friends are. 

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I am. :-D Not sure when I will get it though... Sooner than later, I hope..
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Probably going to wait until it's on sale, you know - when the campaign is finished.

KHAndAnime
same
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Everyone needs to fly and drive around Altis atleast once in there life, it is sooo pretty

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I will get it when it's under 5 euros on steam.That's how much this game is worth to me.

SSgt_Edward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SSgt_Edward
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Looks incredible.Priapus101

I'd like to say they did a great work on optimizing.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
[QUOTE="Priapus101"]

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Looks incredible.SSgt_Edward

To bad this game can't utilize RAM like it needs to. When I turn up the view distance on Altis it doesn't use more than 2gigs of ram and often crashes.
SSgt_Edward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SSgt_Edward

[QUOTE="SSgt_Edward"][QUOTE="Priapus101"]

PernicioEnigma

To bad this game can't utilize RAM like it needs to. When I turn up the view distance on Altis it doesn't use more than 2gigs of ram and often crashes.

I didn't know that. But I do remember in ArmA2 the maximum RAM could be set by command in shortcut. Maybe this would be still working in ArmA3?

Ser_Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ser_Charles
[QUOTE="Priapus101"]

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Looks incredible.SSgt_Edward

Sometimes I consider it as serendipity...
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="SSgt_Edward"]

I'd like to say they did a great work on optimizing.SSgt_Edward

I didn't know that. But I do remember in ArmA2 the maximum RAM could be set by command in shortcut. Maybe this would be still working in ArmA3?

Im pretty sure the maximum RAM that Arma 2 and also Arma 3 uses is hardcoded to 2047mb even on x64.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I'll wait a few months/years for the steam sale. It's currently an overpriced demo of a graphics engine with zero gameplay.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

havent played in a couple months.. im excited to get back into some wasteland

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
I'll wait a few months/years for the steam sale. It's currently an overpriced demo of a graphics engine with zero gameplay.SKaREO
Do you make it a habit to just not know what you're talking about?
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#23 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I got this when it was first released in alpha and I can't wait for the full release. I've been messing around a lot with the editor and the development branch lately. Also being able to download custom user-made missions on Steam Workshop is probably the best feature they implemented into the game.

SSgt_Edward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SSgt_Edward

[QUOTE="SSgt_Edward"]

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]

To bad this game can't utilize RAM like it needs to. When I turn up the view distance on Altis it doesn't use more than 2gigs of ram and often crashes. pelvist

Im pretty sure the maximum RAM that Arma 2 and also Arma 3 uses is hardcoded to 2047mb even on x64.

Yes, you were right. I checked my ArmA2 shortcut, and the command was:

"F:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -winXP -maxMem=2047 "-mod=F:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Free;Expansion;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@CBA;@vme_clp"

I remembered the "maxMem" is optional. But I wrote 2047mb, I guess the upper bound was 2GB so I didn't set it up to 3GB(I was using XP back then).

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#25 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I got it back when it was like $30 alpha because I just cannot resist. Awesome atmosphere and graphics, but still seems to be the same Arma I was meh about before. I understand it is not CoD, but I really hate when I am prone behind a tree and a bad guy hits me no problem from 200+ meters away. 

Arma has always shined in multiplayer where real people are subject to the same rules as real combat.....you won't magically see where everyone is like the AI does. The single player still sucks because the AI is ridiculous. So if you are thinking of getting this for single player, I would rethink it.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Looking forward to it, will be picking it up.

I got it back when it was like $30 alpha because I just cannot resist. Awesome atmosphere and graphics, but still seems to be the same Arma I was meh about before. I understand it is not CoD, but I really hate when I am prone behind a tree and a bad guy hits me no problem from 200+ meters away. 

Arma has always shined in multiplayer where real people are subject to the same rules as real combat.....you won't magically see where everyone is like the AI does. The single player still sucks because the AI is ridiculous. So if you are thinking of getting this for single player, I would rethink it.

vfibsux
Been playing Bohemia's milgames since 01' and the singleplayer components are generally quite good, OPFlash was outstanding. When it comes to the a.i. accuracy in ArmA 2 and I imagine if this is the case with Arma 3, get an a.i. mod preferably the ACE one. Makes things a lot more balanced and a.i. behaviour a lot less erratic.
Ser_Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ser_Charles
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Looking forward to it, will be picking it up.

vfibsux
Been playing Bohemia's milgames since 01' and the singleplayer components are generally quite good, OPFlash was outstanding. When it comes to the a.i. accuracy in ArmA 2 and I imagine if this is the case with Arma 3, get an a.i. mod preferably the ACE one. Makes things a lot more balanced and a.i. behaviour a lot less erratic.

I feel that the biggest problem with arma3's AI is that they can see through vegetations like trees and grasses, which makes them formidable in forests... AI are able to lean their bodies after covers now, although it has been implemented by ACE2, but it is stll pleasing to see BI adopt this great improvement. And ai's actions become quicker and more decisive, but they still dawdle over mounting...
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 skrat_01
[QUOTE="Ser_Charles"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Looking forward to it, will be picking it up.

vfibsux

I feel that the biggest problem with arma3's AI is that they can see through vegetations like trees and grasses, which makes them formidable in forests... AI are able to lean their bodies after covers now, although it has been implemented by ACE2, but it is stll pleasing to see BI adopt this great improvement. And ai's actions become quicker and more decisive, but they still dawdle over mounting...

can they now? I figured the their raycasting would've been broken or impaired by those, that bites. Hopefully that'll be fixed up. Either way it sounds like a dramatic improvement over vanilla ArmA 2, the a.i. in that was either dwadling or erratic, no inbetween without mods in that game.
SSgt_Edward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SSgt_Edward
[QUOTE="Ser_Charles"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Looking forward to it, will be picking it up.

vfibsux

Another good feature is that the guns in ArmA3 could setup two optics sight. Though this was also implemented in ACE2.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Where's Jebus?
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Been playing Bohemia's milgames since 01' and the singleplayer components are generally quite good, OPFlash was outstanding. skrat_01
  And their campaigns since have never even come close to the quality of Cold War Crisis/Resistance.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

[QUOTE="SSgt_Edward"][QUOTE="Priapus101"]

PernicioEnigma

lol yeah, I was fooling around with that the other day.  It was kind of funny.

I was slowly increasing the slider watching my FPS

"30......30......31......30.....29.....28........oh a light effect 24.....30.....OH MY GOD YOU WENT UP TO 10,000 YARDS CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! AWOOOOOOOOOOOGAH AWOOOOOOOOGAH"

In short, the game freaked the hell out.

But to sum up, its been great seeing the progress of the game on the optimization front.  I think it runs great, waaaaaay better than the previous two games ever have.  

Hell, I can't run ArmA 2 as high as I have ArmA 3 set, and that is just plain weird...anyone else have this "problem"?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#33 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"] Been playing Bohemia's milgames since 01' and the singleplayer components are generally quite good, OPFlash was outstanding. bussinrounds

And their campaigns since have never even come close to the quality of Cold War Crisis/Resistance.

Agreed. The OFP single player campaign was such a masterpiece.
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

JangoWuzHere
same

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skrat_01
So it is out today, at least here in 'Stralia land. Hooo.

[QUOTE="skrat_01"] Been playing Bohemia's milgames since 01' and the singleplayer components are generally quite good, OPFlash was outstanding. bussinrounds

Very much so, they're some of my favourites in any game.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#36 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

So it is out today, at least here in 'Stralia land. Hooo. skrat_01

what are they actually adding to the final release? is it roughly the same as the later builds of the beta? Or does it include more scenarios? 

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wis3boi

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]So it is out today, at least here in 'Stralia land. Hooo. with_teeth26

what are they actually adding to the final release? is it roughly the same as the later builds of the beta? Or does it include more scenarios? 

I would think the vehicles would expand greatly
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
Can anyone tell me what this game is about right now since there is no Campaign? I plan to buy it but I'm not sure yet.....
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wis3boi
Can anyone tell me what this game is about right now since there is no Campaign? I plan to buy it but I'm not sure yet.....DarkblueNinja
Arma games are always about the coop missions and making/sharing your own custom scenarios for solo and cooperative play
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="DarkblueNinja"]Can anyone tell me what this game is about right now since there is no Campaign? I plan to buy it but I'm not sure yet.....wis3boi
Arma games are always about the coop missions and making/sharing your own custom scenarios for solo and cooperative play

Competitve maps have always had their place and popularity as well. I've been playing ArmA since OFP, and I definitely haven't spent any of them time doing any cooperative missions.
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="DarkblueNinja"]Can anyone tell me what this game is about right now since there is no Campaign? I plan to buy it but I'm not sure yet.....KHAndAnime

Competitve maps have always had their place and popularity as well. I've been playing ArmA since OFP, and I definitely haven't spent any of them time doing any cooperative missions.

Ok thanks guys.....I think I'll wait for awhile before buy it.
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

[QUOTE="Ser_Charles"][QUOTE="skrat_01"] Been playing Bohemia's milgames since 01' and the singleplayer components are generally quite good, OPFlash was outstanding. When it comes to the a.i. accuracy in ArmA 2 and I imagine if this is the case with Arma 3, get an a.i. mod preferably the ACE one. Makes things a lot more balanced and a.i. behaviour a lot less erratic.SSgt_Edward

Another good feature is that the guns in ArmA3 could setup two optics sight. Though this was also implemented in ACE2.

I can't wait 'til ACE comes out for Arma 3. I can't play Arma 2 vanilla after playing ACE, so I can only imagine what magic it'll do on 3.

AliceRandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AliceRandell
Well, this sounds exciting. Waiting for the release. Thanks for sharing. Best shooting games
consoletroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 consoletroll
Member since 2013 • 416 Posts

Game performs like shit. Especially on atlis. I have a gtx 780 and 3570k- getting 30fps and under on multiplayer - sometimes as low as 15. Glad I paid 35 for it and not 50 or whatever its going for now. Lesson learned - never pay for a pre-release game.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KHAndAnime

Game performs like shit. Especially on atlis. I have a gtx 780 and 3570k- getting 30fps and under on multiplayer - sometimes as low as 15. Glad I paid 35 for it and not 50 or whatever its going for now. Lesson learned - never pay for a pre-release game.

consoletroll
Or the lesson is to look to history - it probably took at least a couple years for ArmA 2's performance issues to be sorted out. Game developers either typically consistently release games with poor optimization or developers consistently release games with good optimization. This is one of the former cases.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 skrat_01
Holy hell guys ArmA 3 is amazing. Seriously I am astounded how good it is, after being fairly underwhelmed with ArmA 1, ArmA 2 and their expansions on launch this is the first Bohemia game that has genuinely shocked and surprised me. Feels fantastic, runs a treat and is by far the biggest improvement to the formula I've experienced since OFP. It actually feels tight and responsive, bloody hell. Granted it isn't perfect but a whole lot from the a.i. to the aesthetic and the optimisation is leagues ahead of anything ArmA 2 ever was, and feels way better than ACE2 (keeping in mind ACE2's a.i. might be better, but it's hard to say at the moment, I'm just impressed with ArmA 3's). Keeping in mind I never tried the alpha or beta builds so this is as jarring as it gets for me. Feels like I might actually sink as much time into this game as OFP.

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]So it is out today, at least here in 'Stralia land. Hooo. with_teeth26

Honestly I have no idea I never was in the beta or alpha.