Are the Graphics of Crysis: Warhead worse than Crysis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

I ask because I just bought the Warhead Maximum Edition (because it was on sale for $20)... well I have already played the first Crysis and this is where my question comes from...

On Crysis... I run on all High, no AA at 1920x1080 and only get like 20fps... and if I even try to run on Ultra with no AA at the same resolution... I get like 5fps (lol)...

Well I just started playing Warhead and started on the "Gamer" settings, which I am guessing is equivalent to High... and I was get 35+fps at all times... so I decided to try out Enthusiast settings, which I guess is Ultra... and I was getting ~20fps...

Are the graphics downgraded to run better or something? Because I went from 5fps at max on Crysis to 20fps at max on Warhead...

BTW specs are E6750 @ Stock, 8800GTS 640MB (will be GTX 260 tomorrow), and 4GB of DDR2-800 (will be DDR2-1000 tomorrow)...

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

Warhead looks and runs better but crysis the mods and custom levels people made can make it look alot better

big_orc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 big_orc
Member since 2003 • 1158 Posts

warhead looks better then stock crysis(no mods) and has been optimized better. Thats why your seeing the increase in performance. They didnt downgrade the graphics at all, they made them better, and made warhead easier to run on systems. You should have been able to tell that by just playing the game. Warhead looks way better then stock crysis.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Squeets

Thanks for replies...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Warhead looks worse then Crysis. Warhead also has alot more bugs and problems compared to Crysis.

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

Yeah Warhead looks far worse than Original Crysis..... its disgusting how terrible it looks, not joking. I can play Crysis on HIGH at 1680x1050 @ 25fps..... Warhead on Gamer settings looks like a steaming pile of poo and if I remember correctly doesnt even run any better, for me at least.

BOONE123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BOONE123
Member since 2003 • 139 Posts

Where did find Crysis:ME for $20?

big_orc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 big_orc
Member since 2003 • 1158 Posts

Yeah Warhead looks far worse than Original Crysis..... its disgusting how terrible it looks, not joking. I can play Crysis on HIGH at 1680x1050 @ 25fps..... Warhead on Gamer settings looks like a steaming pile of poo and if I remember correctly doesnt even run any better, for me at least.

whatisazerg

...................................................................... you might wanna get your eyes checked.

eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts

I ask because I just bought the Warhead Maximum Edition (because it was on sale for $20)... well I have already played the first Crysis and this is where my question comes from...

On Crysis... I run on all High, no AA at 1920x1080 and only get like 20fps... and if I even try to run on Ultra with no AA at the same resolution... I get like 5fps (lol)...

Well I just started playing Warhead and started on the "Gamer" settings, which I am guessing is equivalent to High... and I was get 35+fps at all times... so I decided to try out Enthusiast settings, which I guess is Ultra... and I was getting ~20fps...

Are the graphics downgraded to run better or something? Because I went from 5fps at max on Crysis to 20fps at max on Warhead...

BTW specs are E6750 @ Stock, 8800GTS 640MB (will be GTX 260 tomorrow), and 4GB of DDR2-800 (will be DDR2-1000 tomorrow)...

Squeets
crysis warhead is alot more optimized than crysis... im sure they improved the visuals for crysis warhead but only by a small amount
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

big_orc

...................................................................... you might wanna get your eyes checked.

you might wanna do the same..... or maybe I could just dip my face into a bowl of acid and see things as you do.

promajo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 promajo
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

in warhead textures sometimes pop in when I'm 5 feet away from a wall, that's the optimization above people are talking about but crysis looks better too may any time

I'm playing both with almost all settings maxed at 1680x1050 except AA

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10446 Posts

warhead seems a little more colourful and has a slight hint of cell shading / cartoon-like style to it making it a little less realistic looking than crysis. i prefer crysis but ive added that many mods that its hard to remember exactly what vanilla crysis looks like. either way theyre both stunning looking games

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Squeets

Where did find Crysis:ME for $20?

BOONE123

Target... I was buying some compressed air and figured I would buy Warhead while I was there... they didn't have Warhead, but they had the Maximum Edition for only $19.99 so I just bought it...

No idea if it was a sale or regular price or what... but it was only $20...

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
warhead looks much better then crysis and runs better luckily using cudats crysis mod lvl4 makes crysis look almost as good as warhead
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I thought Crysis Warhead looked better in some areas, aside from draw distance.
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

Nah Warhead was worse, I recently finished it and then played on Crysis and the difference was noticable.

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
Nah Warhead was better. I played both of them again recently and warhead seemed a little bit better.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

There is not a single simple answer to the question, because some reasons:

1-Crysis was made by Crytek Frankfurt, the parents of the CryEngine 2, while Warhead was made by Crytek Budapest, a filial company.

2-Crysis has better shaders, especially in the iced levels, is more photorrealistic and has more variety in the enviroments, while Warhead has better explosions and a slighty diferent lightning system.

3-Crysis has a slighty worse framerrate, but in Warhead the distance of draw some objects is much reduced, making the poping more evident.

4-Cinematic vids are nicer and have better production values and quality in Crysis.

At the end, Warhead has slighty improved framerrate at the cost of some downgrades in visuals -and some enhancements in others, as in the particles fx-. Both looks gorgeous at max settings even under XP/DX 9.

Sonphil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Sonphil
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

When I first played Warhead I noticed that it did not feel as real as Crysis , Warhead feels like updated Project IGI :{

The only thing that look good in Warhead was the underground level , The lighting is amazing. that's it, In Crysis You can stop and look around

a stay in the one spot like your really there, All you have to do it seat on the beach and have some ice tea.I wish Crysis just made it all human

Stop adding Aliens, The game was fun until you added aliens. Can you say Sewer Shark, Matrix....

The Graphics Never amazed me because skin tex are polished old skool max payne graphics. The goal is to make the polygons look more real like God of

War , Not make them look like real life being. I hope you guys understand me, Games like GTA,God of War,Tomb Raider,Show a perfect example of

Achieving smooth polygons, You can never worry about FPS in these games. Crysis is justand ad to buy new computer hardware.

yoshi454444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yoshi454444
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

I hope you guys understand me, Games like GTA Show a perfect example of

Achieving smooth polygons, You can never worry about FPS in these games

Sonphil

lol wut

emulated retail 360 games ftw

OhReally15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OhReally15
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

Warhead on Gamer settings looks like a steaming pile of poo

whatisazerg

fail.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#22 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The are both amazing games graphically.

Warhead runs better, but Crysis looks a little better imo.