AoC is officially the worst game i have ever bought.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 dcno07
Member since 2002 • 2858 Posts

I have a 8800gtx, overclocked 3.33ghz c2d, 2gb ram, and a 250gb harddrive. This game crashes my computer constantly... It says my graphics driver has stopped working, even tho i have NEVER gotten that message with any other game. I can play teamfortress2 without any problem... I dont get why this game was even launched, i have heard so many problems with it. Their is even an area that it warns you not to go into on the install cuz ppl have gotten stuck and cant leave lol... Anyone else having issues with this pos game?

maartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 maartyr
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts
It's an mmo that came out days ago, you cant expect it to be 100% stable. Are your drivers up-to-date ? They'll patch it, a lot of people are saying the game itself is good though....
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Haven't bought it yet. Going to soon, though.

Your GPU stops responding? ..Sounds more like a driver or hardware issue, rather than an issue with the game itself. Is this a common problem? Maybe nVidia will release a Forceware update soon to address it.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Have you tried upgaring your drivers? Have you asked the technical support on official forums?

You haven't bought many games if AoC is the worst you've bought.

Ryuketsu2043

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ryuketsu2043
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts
I haven't had a single issue. I play on high settings 1680*1050..no problems what so ever. Best launch of an mmo ever for me..game is awsome
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

God why do you people insist on bashing a game based on your "Experiance" , worst game you ever bought because you have obviously not managed your PC well?

Its one of the ebst MMO launches, its a great game, dont spread your satire around here because of the problems your PC is having, most Errors are typically the USERS fault in the first place.

greenblakut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 greenblakut
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
I think you mean worst computer youve ever bought, a 200 mhz p2 could run TF2 its graphocs are so plan, its only used 160 megs of graphics memory for god sake
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

I have a 8800gtx, overclocked 3.33ghz c2d, 2gb ram, and a 250gb harddrive. This game crashes my computer constantly... It says my graphics driver has stopped working, even tho i have NEVER gotten that message with any other game. I can play teamfortress2 without any problem... I dont get why this game was even launched, i have heard so many problems with it. Their is even an area that it warns you not to go into on the install cuz ppl have gotten stuck and cant leave lol... Anyone else having issues with this pos game?

dcno07

Saying your computer can run "teamfortress2" is about as relevant as me saying that mine can run Monopoly.

Update your graphics drivers, and you might have to tone down any overclocking.

But no, I have a 9800gtx and I'm not having problems. I don't know what "area" you're talking about warning of the install, but update everything and defragment your hard drives.

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

God why do you people insist on bashing a game based on your "Experiance" , worst game you ever bought because you have obviously not managed your PC well?

Its one of the ebst MMO launches, its a great game, dont spread your satire around here because of the problems your PC is having, most Errors are typically the USERS fault in the first place.

Meu2k7

Managed his pc well? Well, I wouldn't agree with that. Sometimes games just don't work right with certain cards at first, but it's not like he could predict the future and know that would happen. Patches will come out to fix those issues.

However, saying this is the worst game he ever bought also is not a real accurate way of describing since he obviously hasn't even gotten to play it really. The game itself might be great, but if you can't play it, you can't say it's the worst. It might run like garbage with a specific hardware setup, but if it works perfect on others.... So, it'd be more accurate to say something like, this game has the worst compatibility problems I've seen. Or if they never patch it you could say this game has the worst support ever.. .It just sounds like he is giving an evaluation of the actual gameplay, graphics, sounds, story, etc from his statement.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

df853

Managed his pc well? Well, I wouldn't agree with that. Sometimes games just don't work right with certain cards at first, but it's not like he could predict the future and know that would happen. Patches will come out to fix those issues.

However, saying this is the worst game he ever bought also is not a real accurate way of describing since he obviously hasn't even gotten to play it really. The game itself might be great, but if you can't play it, you can't say it's the worst. It might run like garbage with a specific hardware setup, but if it works perfect on others.... So, it'd be more accurate to say something like, this game has the worst compatibility problems I've seen. Or if they never patch it you could say this game has the worst support ever.. .It just sounds like he is giving an evaluation of the actual gameplay, graphics, sounds, story, etc from his statement.

Fair Enough :P

Chopmo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chopmo81
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
The game is fun and the graphics are sharp. Sucks you're having problems though.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

I have a very similar system, and it runs fine for me.

Check the AoC forums, they have many fixes for people having driver issues. Sorry to hear that you can't enjoy the game because of tech issues, but thats the nature of PC gaming. I'm sure with a little effort and research, you can be up and running. Good luck!

baconbanjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 baconbanjo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Not all the members here are game addicts. AoC anyone?
Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts
My computer is only 2.1Ghz and it runs fine. Most of my other specs are minimun requirements, though I am updating my RAM tomorrow to help with some texture pop-in. I'm enjoying the game so far, even on low settings it looks beautiful, so I would suggest looking at your drivers and making sure they are all up to date.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Ill have the game 2morrow! Cant wait!!! :D
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
hehe you might need to do some hard drive cleaning update drivers etc etc I always do this when a new game comes out I am defragmenting my hd as I type this so i can get smoother performance.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kozzy1234

hehe you might need to do some hard drive cleaning update drivers etc etc I always do this when a new game comes out I am defragmenting my hd as I type this so i can get smoother performance. Hekynn

Im good to go i think man, i recently reformatted and all my games are running perfect (Crysis runs very nicely hehe)so i dont think ill have any problems, since i have all my drivers up to date (:

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dcno07
well it seems like if my 8800gtx works with the other 12 games i own, and some demos with no errors, it should work with AoC..... every time i boot this game it either crashes my computer and gives me the blue screen or it puts my resolution to 800x600 and puts it to the lowest color settings... bassically like i have no graphics card... then i have to restart to get my card to work again....
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kozzy1234
Im loving the game so far, no problems at all either for me yet.
dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dcno07
[QUOTE="dcno07"]

guynamedbilly

Saying your computer can run "teamfortress2" is about as relevant as me saying that mine can run Monopoly.

Update your graphics drivers, and you might have to tone down any overclocking.

But no, I have a 9800gtx and I'm not having problems. I don't know what "area" you're talking about warning of the install, but update everything and defragment your hard drives.

Point is my computer runs games with no problems... besides AoC

And when the game is updating it says "avoid lacheish plains at all costs untill the area is fixed" apparently ppl have gotten stuck in that area because of some glitch...

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dcno07

I have already tried reinstalling my graphics drivers, i have reinstalled the game 4 times now, which is brutal because the game takes about an hour to install and update. i even uninstalled my virus protection...

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Guys, my computer is broke. I think I'll blame it on Age of Conan!
dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dcno07

Meu2k7

So by your logic no other game should run on my computer? since i dont manage it well enough....? I guess crysis, HL2, Sins of a solar empire, CoH, command and conquer... ect... the fact that all those games run without a problem on my computer is just a fluke? really??

FerraraZ23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FerraraZ23
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
hold up just because you can't manage your PC well the game is crap!!!! I've had no problems with this game and I have a PC that is slower than your's
FerraraZ23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FerraraZ23
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
hold up just because you can't manage your PC well the game is crap!!!! I've had no problems with this game and I have a PC that is slower than your's
dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dcno07

This has nothing to do with how "clean" or well managed my computer is. I just did a system restore a couple weeks ago, i have about 220+ gigs free. The only other game i have on my computer is TF2.. I keep my computer very clean and very up to date with drivers. thats why i dont get why THIS game is crashing it and causing my graphics drivers to stop working.... And i cant believe noone else is having this issue.......

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dcno07

hold up just because you can't manage your PC well the game is crap!!!! I've had no problems with this game and I have a PC that is slower than your'sFerraraZ23

just go away, thank you. your responses are baseless and a waste of time.

Shrinekeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shrinekeeper
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts

Hey man, sorry to hear you are having such problems with AoC. I just built my friends PC like 3 weeks ago and your problem sounds like the same one he is having with Crysis. he keeps getting some video driver error, although he has the latest Forceware installed.

Have you tried googling it? Might could find some kinda fix that way.

Does it crash when the updater screen pops up? or does it crash after you hit play and it start to actually load the game? IF the latter you might want to click on settings before you hit play and switch over to DX9 and set your resolution.

And yes I know this game does not support DX10 yet but the option is there and could be causing a issue (unlikely, but maybe)

Hope you get it figured out soon though man, its is a very enjoyable game.

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dcno07

Hey man, sorry to hear you are having such problems with AoC. I just built my friends PC like 3 weeks ago and your problem sounds like the same one he is having with Crysis. he keeps getting some video driver error, although he has the latest Forceware installed.

Have you tried googling it? Might could find some kinda fix that way.

Does it crash when the updater screen pops up? or does it crash after you hit play and it start to actually load the game? IF the latter you might want to click on settings before you hit play and switch over to DX9 and set your resolution.

And yes I know this game does not support DX10 yet but the option is there and could be causing a issue (unlikely, but maybe)

Hope you get it figured out soon though man, its is a very enjoyable game.

Shrinekeeper

ya it sucks, i was looking forward to this game... It will crash when i hit play after it says AoC is up to date... it will pause for about 10-20 seconds and then either give me a blue screen that gives me the error code, or it will go to a black screen that give me a pop up that says your nv_4 (not sure what its called, but im pretty sure its the graphics driver exe?) has stopped working, you must restart... at this point my computer has really bad color and is in 800x600...

Their is a settings option b4 the game actually loads.. when its verifying files or whatever.. I tried going and changing the resolution, since thats the only other option since im not running vista so no dx 10. When i change the res to anything else and try to boot the game, nothing happens, it will just sit thier..... but at 1680x1050 (native res) it crashes... so dunno...

will your friends computer run other games? Im just confused cuz i can run any other game on high settings wiht no issues, its kinda hard to beleive that its a fault of my computer.... i think its a compatability issue with the game... seems more reasonable...

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
Go on AoC's forums and see if anyone else is having the same problem. Although I had a similar issue with AoC's beta weekend, Vista gave me a popup saying "your graphics driver has stopped working." I have an ATI graphics card though.
dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dcno07
well im open to suggestions to get this game working. so far i have reinstalled drivers, cleaned out my computer-defrag, cleaned registry, ect.. and uninstalled my virus protection... i just reinstalled the game and it just got done updating.. so what should i do, since everyone seems to think i dont know how to manage my computer....?
Shrinekeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shrinekeeper

LoL I dont think that :p and yes my friends PC plays everything else, its just Crysis that gives him the "you graphics driver has stopped working" fault. Well this might sound like a no-no, but have you maybe tried a older driver just too see?

Is everything inside your Nvidia Control Panel set to "Program controlled"? like all your AA and AF and stuff?

I doubt any of this has anything to do with it, but figured its all worth a try.

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dcno07

LoL I dont think that :p and yes my friends PC plays everything else, its just Crysis that gives him the "you graphics driver has stopped working" fault. Well this might sound like a no-no, but have you maybe tried a older driver just too see?

Is everything inside your Nvidia Control Panel set to "Program controlled"? like all your AA and AF and stuff?

I doubt any of this has anything to do with it, but figured its all worth a try.

Shrinekeeper

Thanks, I changed a small thing in the video settings and it works now.

Shrinekeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shrinekeeper
Oh SWEET! lol, did'nt really think I would help, I was just spouting ideas :p Glad to hear its up and running, now all haters will leave you alone. Just so you know I am playing on the PvE server Set. My name is Draygeth. I should be on tonight if not I'll definetly be on tomorrow night
fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts
You know in the time it took to make all the posts in this thread a person could have gone on Google and probably found out that all they had to do to get the game running was change a few settings. Just an observation. On a side note is the game still the worst game you've ever bought or fo you like it now? :lol: I'm just kidding with you though. I've had more than a few similiar experiences with a lot of games, and a few non game programs also. Strange how making a few minor changes in the options can cause a game to work or crash.
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
Lead Story: MMOG has trouble during launch! In other news, water is wet and fire is hot,.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kozzy1234

AoC is now officially one of the best games ive spent money on!

Simply fantastic game!

Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts
This is def one of those games where you need to adjust the settings a few times until things are running smoothly. I've said before that my PC is at the low end of the requirements so I automatically put my settings on low. Last night I started playing with settings again to see if I could improve performance and found that if I turned shadows to 'character only' I could increase my textures to medium and increase my draw distance and the game is actually running better than when it was on low. It's like playing a whole new game.
cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#41 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

dcno07

Sounds more like its your computer than the game itself, and with that message you are getting, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are using Vista. Something along the lines of 'nvlddmkm has stopped responding'. Havcen't had a single issue as of yet with AoC, other than a bit of server downtime, though anyone who is familiar with the launch of MMO's has to expect that.

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dcno07
[QUOTE="dcno07"]

cablemodemx2

Sounds more like its your computer than the game itself, and with that message you are getting, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are using Vista. Something along the lines of 'nvlddmkm has stopped responding'. Havcen't had a single issue as of yet with AoC, other than a bit of server downtime, though anyone who is familiar with the launch of MMO's has to expect that.

No vista. But ya, i got that error ALOT when i was using vista.. thats why i have xp again.

But ya, Im happy i got this game running, im enjoying it so far.

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts
I had the same problem with 2900XT. Before it died in the middle of game, blue screen and thats it ...goodbye graphic card.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

dcno07

Sorry to hear that. I have never had the game crash on me.