Anyone use the 360 controller for Crysis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Im thinking of connecting my pc to my hdtv and i really dont want to use keyboard and mouse on my coffee table, so, i noticed there is full compatibilty with the pc version of the 360 controller in the manual. Does this work as well as any FPS on the 360 ?..., becaue this is fine with me as i am very comfortable with that controller
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Crysis has great 360 controller support. Except that you can't change the controls unless you edit .ini files.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I tried it out, and it really shows that Crysis is too much for the 360 controller. One cool thing though is that the controls are already set when plugged in. Crysis is very hard to play with when using a 360 controller.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Videodogg

I tried it out, and it really shows that Crysis is too much for the 360 controller. One cool thing though is that the controls are already set when plugged in. Crysis is very hard to play with when using a 360 controller.mo0ksi

What is it that you dont like about the control ? What makes it so hard?

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]I tried it out, and it really shows that Crysis is too much for the 360 controller. One cool thing though is that the controls are already set when plugged in. Crysis is very hard to play with when using a 360 controller.Videodogg

What is it that you dont like about the control ? What makes it so hard?

It's definitely hard to use a controller compared to a mouse and keyboard if you're not used to it.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
Crysis has great 360 controller support, it has full rumble and everything. However, the 360 controller doesn't have enough buttons to have all the controls in Crysis mapped to it, and it is MUCH harder to use than a mouse and keyboard. Don't even think about playing with a controller on Delta.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?
rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts
I used to use the 360 control pad for Crysis, it works great, the suit functions work perfectly with the setup and some things are more convenient on the 360 pad, like the purchase menu. All you are missing out on really is being able to lean, honk the horn and turn on the lights in vehicles and go prone, you might want to change the setup to include prone though.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Videodogg

so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?fireandcloud

there is a pc version of the 360 controller i DONT have

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

From what I understand one of the requirements for a game to get the "Games for Windows" tag is to allow 360 controller support. I can understand not wanting to have a tv tray or something in front of you while playing a game on an HDTV....In fact this is the only reason I haven't bothered trying to game on mine. However as previously said, it's not going to be very easy with a controller.

One thing most console gamers don't realize is that the majority console FPS games have a "auto-aim" of sorts built in to help with less prescise controls. It's usually nothing big which is why most people don't notice it. Say you're aiming a few pixels too far to the left of the hitbox of the target, so the game will go ahead and recognize it as a hit. PC games don't do this because the mouse is FAR more prescise.

So yes overall it will work but not very well. Don't even bother trying to get into a multi-player match with it.

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fireandcloud

[QUOTE="fireandcloud"]so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?Videodogg

sorry, mate. didn't know that there were separate 360 360 controllers and pc 360 controllers. what a gyp! ****ing microsoft...

Skull338

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skull338
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts
so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?fireandcloud
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

[QUOTE="fireandcloud"]so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?fireandcloud

sorry, mate. didn't know that there were separate 360 360 controllers and pc 360 controllers. what a gyp! ****ing microsoft...

You can buy the PC edition of the 360 controller in stores, but both controllers are exactly the same. If you use one that came with your xbox you can plug it into a USB port and just download the drivers for it and it will work perfectly fine.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Nope..wouldn't bother using it for any FPS.

I use my 360 controller mainly for Melty Blood: ACvB, Trackmania, GRID, GTR, and a couple others. I've used my wireless 360 controller with my PC more than I have with my 360 >_>..

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fireandcloud
[QUOTE="fireandcloud"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

[QUOTE="fireandcloud"]so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?Colonel_Cool

You can buy the PC edition of the 360 controller in stores, but both controllers are exactly the same. If you use one that came with your xbox you can plug it into a USB port and just download the drivers for it and it will work perfectly fine.

ah, then i'll go back to criticizing the tc instead of microsoft. silly tc, creating this thread instead of trying it out himself... tsk, tsk...

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Videodogg
[QUOTE="Colonel_Cool"][QUOTE="fireandcloud"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

[QUOTE="fireandcloud"]so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?fireandcloud

ah, then i'll go back to criticizing the tc instead of microsoft. silly tc, creating this thread instead of trying it out himself... tsk, tsk...

How do i "plug in" a wireless xbox360 controller into a PC?

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
[QUOTE="fireandcloud"][QUOTE="Colonel_Cool"][QUOTE="fireandcloud"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

[QUOTE="fireandcloud"]so you have a 360 controller, and instead of trying it out and seeing if the game works well with the 360 controller, you come here and create a thread asking if the 360 controller works well with the game? :?Videodogg

How do i "plug in" a wireless xbox360 controller into a PC?

Erm....exactly the same way you plug it into your 360. It's just a standard USB connection. If you have a wireless controller you're going to have to buy the 360 wireless adapter for $20.

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

And download the drivers off MS's site to get it to work right.

By the way, Crysis plays fine with the 360 controller, though I had to edit the .ini files to give me a control scheme that I liked a bit more. Don't let anyone tell you that playing Crysis with a controller sucks- they are probably just talking without actually having played it that way. Sure, its not as accurate, but it's just as fun.