Anybody else pissed off at CoD 4?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

Before I start, I will say to you all that I thought this game was going to be one of the greatest FPS games ever made. Now, I think I possibly wasted my money on this game. The only good Call of Duty was the first one (and it's expansion pack). CoD 2 completely blew. I won't talk about that because there's a list of complaints I have about it. But CoD 4...here are a few reasons why I believe that I wasted my money:

1. SPRAYPRAY. It requires absolutely no skill to aim. You sprayed your target and you got a headshot/kill. No skill required at all.

2. The red dot on the radar whenever you shoot. Completely noobish/handhold. This was changed in CoD 4 if you equipped your gun with a silencer. Guess what? There's UAV scan. You could equip the UAV Jam perk, but that's sacrificing other perks such as double tap, stopping power and sleight of hand. You should not be forced to equip the UAV Jam perk. the UAV scanning should be completely removed as well as the red dots on the map. And don't tell me "go play noobcore (hardcore) mode, because there's still a UAV Scan in that game type. Besides, it required no skill at all to kill someone normally. Now any stupid 4 year old can kill someone in "hardcore" mode.

3. The game is a complete game of luck. Basically, if you want to kill someone, roll the dice. If you see them first (ex: from the side or back of them), you win [congratulations]!

4. Shooting through walls. I rest my case.

5. Air Strikes. It's overly easy to achieve 5 kills and call in a skillless air strike. Oh, guess what? When you get 7 kills (+2 with air strike let's say), you get to call in a helicopter.

6. The servers are absolutely laggy as hell. Sometimes impossible to play on (in the mornings mainly). The company running them (EA Games I believe) have no idea how to run servers, apparently.

7. The maps, all, suck. All of them. Just like Call of Duty 2. They are far too linear.

8. Grenades require the least amount of skill because of the fact that you can prime them and throw them with no effort.

9. Grenade launchers / noob tubes. I rest my case.

Overall, the game is entirely noob-friendly and, for the 100th time, requires no skill at all. I've played the multiplayer to rank 55, achieved almost every weapon (that I really cared about) upgrade/attachment and achieved the majority of the challenges. I have over 300 screenshots mainly consisting of screenshots of me, in first place so I can assure you I'm not a bad player. I've been playing first person shooters for as long as I can remember and have plenty experience. This is a rant not only to make me feel better but to anyone thinking about getting CoD 4, I highly disregard it if you are a player that takes their gaming seriously almost like a sport (like first person shooters used to be). Any brainless idiot can kill you in this game. It just matters if they see you before you see them.

So MY question(s) is, anyone else pissed off like I am at this game? Anyone feeling the same way? Infinity Ward said that they were not going to be making a tactical shooter. Guess what?

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
I found the singleplayer campaign exceptional. Though short, it was intense from start to finish. A couple of the missions were also the toughest out of the entire series. Although I did think the Pripyat Ferris Wheel mission was a bit over the top and came across as too arcadey; I thought I was playing a new Serious Sam game. I also thought the end game was very well done and satisfying.
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

:cry: more

"CoD 2 completely blew" -- I stopped reading there.

I couldn't put CoD 4 down until I beat it, fantastic game.

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts

I dont see how you can cry about "spray and pray" when if you actually aim at someone you will always beat a spray and prayer.

Then you complain about whoever spots the enemy first will always win, yet you complain about the radar. Wtf do you want them to do? Your fault for not paying attention to the radar and/or your surroundings. And you also say the maps are linear, but you complain about getting killed by people seeing you first from differant directions.

And both those points are the same in almost every FPS.

And the servers aren't laggy, pick one close to you with under 100 ping.

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

lol

i bet i know where all this rage is coming from.

you put the game on one of the two hardest difficulties, thinking you could handle it. and then you got the that bloody ferris wheel mission?? ;) i feel your pain.

thats the only issue i had with COD4, besides the fact its just a revamp of all the previous series, except for a change of era, weapons and graphics upgrades. still always gonna be a run and gun blast the **** out of everything game.

DJGOON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJGOON
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts

CoD 4 is great, I recommend though you don't ever play BF2 online as you will hate it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

Are we playing the same game here? Did you get a totally different version of COD4 from me lol?

Sounds to me like you just started playing this game online and haven't quite picked up the basics fully yet.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

lol

i bet i know where all this rage is coming from.

you put the game on one of the two hardest difficulties, thinking you could handle it. and then you got the that bloody ferris wheel mission?? ;) i feel your pain.

thats the only issue i had with COD4, besides the fact its just a revamp of all the previous series, except for a change of era, weapons and graphics upgrades. still always gonna be a run and gun blast the **** out of everything game.

gtarmanrob

His talking about MP

DJGOON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJGOON
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts
Nah only played single player campain of Cod 4 which I loved. A lot of the negatives you list with Cod 4 are pretty common in other multiplayer games so meh whilst some things are annoying (nade spam, nade launchers) not much can be done and I just ignore that and enjoy the other aspects, with time you will get skilled enough to reduce some of the problems you mention.
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ironfungus

I dont see how you can cry about "spray and pray" when if you actually aim at someone you will always beat a spray and prayer.

Then you complain about whoever spots the enemy first will always win, yet you complain about the radar. Wtf do you want them to do? Your fault for not paying attention to the radar and/or your surroundings. And you also say the maps are linear, but you complain about getting killed by people seeing you first from differant directions.

DarkRecruit

The servers are laggy in the mornings, though.

My point is the game is too noob-filled. There is too much handholding for people who don't play first person shooters very often. There isn't enough room for us veterans of the genre who have been playing for years because of the overflowing populace of noobs to FPS'.

"And both those points are the same in almost every FPS."

No, every new FPS. Because they're being made for noobs. I remember the old days of Quake and Unreal Tournament where the FPS genre actually required a godlike amount of skill to master. Now, I can enter a game such as Call of Duty 4 and achieve first place without any real effort what so ever. It's pathetic.

Single player remains brilliant though like all the CoD games. I won't lie about that. The multiplayer is lacking...HIGHLY, though.

PS. The only reason any of you are telling me to stop crying is because you really feel the same way deep down. But to be different, you flame me instead. I opened this thread up for people who feel the same way, not for people to flame me. Like I said above...I can achieve first place easily. TOO easily. The game requires absolutely no skill to play. THAT'S my point I'm trying to make to you.

Are we playing the same game here? Did you get a totally different version of COD4 from me lol?

Sounds to me like you just started playing this game online and haven't quite picked up the basics fully yet.1005

No, buddy. I have been playing the series since it first arrived on PC.

1q3er5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1q3er5
Member since 2003 • 759 Posts

DUDE I TOTALLY AGREE! The single player was alright, the dogs were cool and the whole chernobyl level was neat.

Multiplayer wise- you are RIGHT ON THE MONEY. Spam fest pure and simple. Your opponents are dead with in an instance of your crosshair being placed on them.

Walling takes skill...in CS 1.6. In this game NO.

Why does the sound in CS 1.6 sound better than a game that is almost brand new? ie footsteps,guns,nades ect...I've noticed in all newer games the sound effects just sound muffled and arent crisp

Air strikes? Leave that in BF 2.Ifyour going to have air strikes you mind as well put in tanks and jeeps too....

Grenades? Too powerful in my opinion.

Whats with games with the whole getting tired while you run?? Do you think players enjoy this feature??? It adds to realism yes. BUT in terms of FUN which is the most important, its a stupid feature that just slows the game down even more.

There are alot of signs that this game was designed for consoles first written all over it. Same with UT3. These cross platform games are BAD news for PC players if you ask me.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ironfungus

DUDE I TOTALLY AGREE! The single player was alright, the dogs were cool and the whole chernobyl level was neat.

Multiplayer wise- you are RIGHT ON THE MONEY. Spam fest pure and simple. Your opponents are dead with in an instance of your crosshair being placed on them.

Walling takes skill...in CS 1.6. In this game NO.

Why does the sound in CS 1.6 sound better than a game that is almost brand new? ie footsteps,guns,nades ect...I've noticed in all newer games the sound effects just sound muffled and arent crisp

Air strikes? Leave that in BF 2.Ifyour going to have air strikes you mind as well put in tanks and jeeps too....

Grenades? Too powerful in my opinion.

Whats with games with the whole getting tired while you run?? Do you think players enjoy this feature??? It adds to realism yes. BUT in terms of FUN which is the most important, its a stupid feature that just slows the game down even more.

There are alot of signs that this game was designed for consoles first written all over it. Same with UT3. These cross platform games are BAD news for PC players if you ask me.

1q3er5

The realism movement *is* a bit dumb. Nobody wants to play a game for realism (except for noobs to first person shooters that is. It's a good way to practice with the genre I won't lie -- but requires the least amount of skill in any game).

CoD 4 just simply reminds me of a slow pace Counterstrike (there shouldn't be such a thing).

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ironfungus

Here's some of my screenshots to prove to some of you that you don't know what you're talking about:

Too lazy to "linkify" so you'll just have to copy paste.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0395.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0393.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0385.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0371.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0368.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0345.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0346.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0314.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0328.jpg

And the list goes on. The game is easy. It was made for noobs.

1q3er5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 1q3er5

My point is the game is too noob-filled. There is too much handholding for people who don't play first person shooters very often. There isn't enough room for us veterans of the genre who have been playing for years because of the overflowing populace of noobs to FPS'.

No, every new FPS. Because they're being made for noobs. I remember the old days of Quake and Unreal Tournament where the FPS genre actually required a godlike amount of skill to master. Now, I can enter a game such as Call of Duty 4 and achieve first place without any real effort what so ever. It's pathetic.

I totaly agree these games are getting noobified because of CONSOLES. I miss quake 2, quake 3, ut2004, even cs 1.6 isnt that bad. All the new games are going backwards....requiring less skill and MORE SPAM....

NitroXXXCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NitroXXXCore
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
It runs fine for me. I loved the campagin mode. Its really awesome. Multiplayer runs alright on my computer I got a lag of 45 and 54. Not too bad.
Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts

Dude... 1.Have you ever been shot? Did you ever shoot a gun? No?? Well how do you know that shooting someone shouldn't be so easy? If you haven't noticed, in CoD4 you don't have 6-inch thick titanium armor filled with healer spray and stuff, it's like real life. Don't like realisicticity? Don't play it. You should've known it's a realistic shooter, it's freakin' CoD.

2. Again, UAV... Dude, have you ever used Google Earth? Yeah...

3. Luck. No, if you know how to MOVE and press Ctrl to prone so you hide in the grass.. e.t.c...

4. Very realistic feature, again. And again, you wouldn't know because you've never seen a real MP5 being shot into a wall.

5. So what?? Pros get speacial treatment, I guess. Y'know, like what you call an Ace in real life??

6. Must be your connection. Seriously, I experience NO lag if I'm not playing 25 vs. 25.

7. Linear.. HA! Try exploring bud... Each map has like 4 diff. paths you can take to your goal...

8. GERNADE INDICATOR. And if someone did prime it so tehy can kill you, then I'd call that skill.

9. No, I agree with you on this one.

1q3er5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 1q3er5

Sorry this topic has stirred some emotion in me. hehehe.

Newer games require less "athletism" if you will. Games like quake series were really fast, required quick reflexes, aim and weapon control.

I remember in when playing the older quakes the games weren't so horizontal. You'd be flying in the air or nailing people in the air jumping across the maps. That takes skill. You'd have to aim in front of the oppenents with your rail gun to compensate for its 1 second delay before firing = skill.

From what i've seen of UT3 they've made it a spam fest too.... which is really sad because UT2004 was great!

That being said this is a military shooter, i'm not asking for those features but things like slowing down as you run is just retarded. At least in CS 1.6 you'd have to work a little to kill your oppenent (althoguh the awp is retarded in 1.6).

They need to make it harder to kill people, adding recoil, making players faster ect.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

Ironfungus

It's multiplatformed for console tards, DUUUH.

Half the stuff you are complaining about is stupid though, I mean, THE RED DOTS? C'MON MAN, YOU THINK EVERYONE HAS SURROUND SOUND? If someone shoots behind me, it'll come out my left speaker, but if a red dot indicates it, then I won't screw up so badly. There's way bigger flaws in the game. Sniper rifles are so underpowered it's ridiculous, I just unlocked the barret .50 cal yesterday, I may as well use an M21, the thing just won't kill anyone in 1 shot, that's a high velocity rifle shooting a .50 caliber round! It should blow off limbs! It did so in the single player! Just cuz we have a mouse, doesn't mean you should nerf it for the PC users, you already dumbed the game down IW. You can't even use a UAV and an airstrike at the same time, probably cuz there aren't enough buttons on a controller, so you made it to where it just replaces a UAV...I'd like to have a UAV, get an airstrike, press 6 for UAV, and then 7 for the airstrike, and then call in my chopper.

Unlocking challenges? I've completed almost all of them except the crazy ones like 'kill someone by shooting through a wall, and hitting an explosive device' , which you get at like level 54....wtf? I've completed so many challenges, but here's the problem

IT WAS LOCKED AT THE TIME I DID IT!

Unlocking perks is stupid too, the whole hype about multiplayer was customizing your own class....too bad you have to unlock your own class before you can create it.

Nades are spammed so damn much it's ridiculous, pull the pin, count to 2-3 seconds, throw it in the air, and BOOM you probably got someone, and with perks like sonic boom, martyrdom, and X3 frag, it's like IW says 'oh yeah, nade spamming is totally tactical and part of the game! Have fun not being able to step 2 feet into the map without getting blown up by a stray nade!"

Noob tube...GOD I HATE THAT THING probably the one thing that was worth complaining about in your little rant! People just press '5' and then run out and if they see you, they'll just hit you with the projectile, and they're probably sitting there like 'LOLOLOL OMG YAY I GOT A KILL :p' I hate all noob tubers...hate them...There were some challenges that told me to use it...and I felt ashamed, but hey, it was for 250 xp man!

Also, because of game balance issues, you can only have 1 attachment for your gun at all times, you know, those attachments that you worked so damn hard for! Too bad people would just have silencers, acogs, and grips on their guns, not ever giving noobs a chance to get to level 3. Also, red dot sights, and iron sights, are DEAD ACCURATE...ACOG scopes? Nope, suck ass....you got to like, aim a little to the left to trick it into hitting your target, yet with a red dot sight? pfft, just put the dot on them, doesn't matter how far away they are.

The hit registration bug. I have blown peoples heads off in the game many times...the problem is, they are still breathing because the game didn't register the shot, even though I saw the tracer go RIGHT THROUGH THEM. I have blown people to kingdom come with a shotgun, but too bad, game doesn't say they are dead, so I knife them, but w/e, game just doesn't want me to kill this guy, so he knifes me, and then takes my weapons.

Either punkbuster isn't doing it's job, and kicking me for BS reasons, or there is a bug, I'm sure IW said it's a major bug. Which they have always had in CoD series.

You are also right about hardcore mode, because you can shoot someone with an MP5 from accross the map, in their shoulder or something, and they drop dead.

Bullets go through walls very easily btw, but the only problem is that IW think's that instead of seeing what type of round a gun fires and calculating the bullet speed by using the CPU's power or something, they just decided 'eh, every single bullet in the game, even with the deep impact perk, will just do less then half the damage it would usually do' Man, .50 cal rounds can destroy concrete and fly right through them without even feeling it, yet I'm still not killing people with this stupid sniper rifle. Especially armor piercing rounds, armor piercing rounds go through armor and don't hinder damage what-so-ever.

[/rant]

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
grenade spamming sums up my complaints of it. otherwise, it was pretty good.
Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
realistic games like operation flashpoint and red orchestra require more skill than arcade shooters,sounds like you have never played a realism shooter, and no call of duty 4 is not realistic.
FreyarHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FreyarHunter
Member since 2003 • 2098 Posts

1. SPRAYPRAY. It requires absolutely no skill to aim. You sprayed your target and you got a headshot/kill. No skill required at all.

I have to disagree on this. I've had plenty of times where despite my careful attempts to hit a vital spot with a relatively accurate weapon like the M4A1 or G36C, I end up with the rounds moving around them. I find that "spray-and-pray" only really works when it's used as supression.

Example: Objective maps; Someone throws a smoke grenade at an area a suppression kitted player is watching, and as a result, lights up the smoke with lead. Works just fine as that is what the suppression weapons are designed for.

I don't mind the above example, but in my time playing on both the 360 and the PC version, I don't see any evidence of this claim.

2. The red dot on the radar whenever you shoot. Completely noobish/handhold. This was changed in CoD 4 if you equipped your gun with a silencer. Guess what? There's UAV scan. You could equip the UAV Jam perk, but that's sacrificing other perks such as double tap, stopping power and sleight of hand. You should not be forced to equip the UAV Jam perk. the UAV scanning should be completely removed as well as the red dots on the map. And don't tell me "go play noobcore (hardcore) mode, because there's still a UAV Scan in that game type. Besides, it required no skill at all to kill someone normally. Now any stupid 4 year old can kill someone in "hardcore" mode.

While I can understand this frustration, it is also a major reason why I play on "hardcore". I certainly don't enjoy the "I'm right here" red dot popping up on the map when I decide to fire. I would prefer players having to find me by listening. This is reinforced in "hardcore" by the removal of the map and the "I'm here" dots. As far as the UAV, I have no problem with them. The vulnerabililty is what makes these matches great because people start looking to actually survive (moreso in the 360 version). This provides a sense of vulnerability that should be there when playing matches, and it turns out to be a good balance. A UAV called during a "hardcore" match results in the ones being spied on to think in the back of their heads "this is a very bad thing", and it should. I think it's a great mechanic, especially in "hardcore".

3. The game is a complete game of luck. Basically, if you want to kill someone, roll the dice. If you see them first (ex: from the side or back of them), you win [congratulations]!

What's wrong with flanking? It's done all the time, and it sure isn't my fault if your team isn't co-ordinated enough to give 360 degree cover. Situational awareness is the player's responsibility. With a widescreen monitor it certainly helps, but no one shoudl be penalized for you not keeping an eye on things everywhere. Take a look at the soldier's idle animations and how he checks around him quite often. While I know this isn't the player doing this (hence the idle part of the description), it's done with the same reason that the player should, to keep situational awareness.

4. Shooting through walls. I rest my case.

While I would normally be inclined to agree, I find that round penetration provides interesting tactical ideas. Specifically for suppression soldiers. With the removal of bullet penetration, how would you deal with C4, and Claymores that are planted (I use Bomb Squad a decent amount)? Why should a flimsy wall made of sheet metal or even wood stop every round? Keep in mind that modifiers to accuracy and damage are applied to the shot every time it passes through a piece of material.

5. Air Strikes. It's overly easy to achieve 5 kills and call in a skillless air strike. Oh, guess what? When you get 7 kills (+2 with air strike let's say), you get to call in a helicopter.

What would you have in place of it? I particularly find it interesting when I'm having to find cover from an incoming airstrike (always noticed by the engines of the aircraft overhead with the abscence of a report to the team). It provides a reason to force enemy players into cover so that the friendly team can regroup and prepare if need be.

As far as the helicopter goes. I've never had much luck with them. I call them in, and they just tend to fly about for three minutes shooting dirt before taking off. I can't really put in my opinion on that matter.

6. The servers are absolutely laggy as hell. Sometimes impossible to play on (in the mornings mainly). The company running them (EA Games I believe) have no idea how to run servers, apparently.

EA Games has nothing to do with Infiinty Ward and Activision. Why would EA spend resources on supporting a direct competitor's game? The issue with servers has to do with the netcode or the server owners. I believe the netcode was designed with the 360 in mind, which is dissapointing, but it's... functional to say the least.

7. The maps, all, suck. All of them. Just like Call of Duty 2. They are far too linear.

I'm assuming you'd rather have BF2 styl.e maps. They'd just be too big. While there are some maps I don't like (The Bloc), I do enjoy most of them. It provides a decent amount of action in a certain hotspot without it being too crowded provided the server operators haven't turned up the number of players.

8. Grenades require the least amount of skill because of the fact that you can prime them and throw them with no effort.

I would think it takes a lot of practice to time when to throw them, especially if/when there are no visual indicators of the fuse ticks. The grenades (hand ones at least) are fair in my opinion, and allowing only two initially (not taking into account the perk) is a good choice.

9. Grenade launchers / noob tubes. I rest my case.

There is always going to be one weapon that turns out to fall under that catagory. AWP for Counter-Strike: Source, M203 for Call of Duty 4, The Link Gun in Unreal Tournament 2004. There's always something that will be relatively accessable to everyone that turns out to be effective. Keep in mind it's limited rounds though, and that allows for a limitation. That is, you can't really get more than 3 kills without picking up other weaponry to replace it.

I'm by no means pissed off at CoD4, while I see that there are a few things I don't like, I believe that there will always be something I don't agree with. No one will nor ever really care about a player's rank specifically, especially on the PC side as the profiles are stored locally. I really don't think it's a case of "any brainless idiot can kill you" but more of "anyone acclimated to the styl.e can kill you". I used to play Quake very often (it's like riding a bike), and while I can see that things have changed, the customer bases have really started to demand more than just arena styl.e gameplay, hence the changes.

Multiplayer is a very good component of both versions, and I'm glad I've supported Infinity Ward with this particular game.

gozalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gozalo
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
I miss the old days of FPS also, 1.6 forever.
gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gtarmanrob

sorry about the SP comment...

'spray and pray' is only really present in MP if you either cant aim, have a laggy server/you are the one lagging or you're one of those dudes that takes aim but totally freaks out when you see an enemy and just goes all trigger happy (like the american army.... zing!) haha incoming airstrike on that one.

i found that CoD4 is a lot harder to actually take aim and land your hits, but more rewarding if you do so. shoot in bursts, take proper aim. dont just go "steady, steady...oh **** a *****ing enemy FIRE FIRE FIRE"

as for the nade spamming...at least its not as bad as CoD 2 :S where everyone had like 2 or 3 nades each.

FreyarHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FreyarHunter
Member since 2003 • 2098 Posts

as for the nade spamming...at least its not as bad as CoD 2 :S where everyone had like 2 or 3 nades each.gtarmanrob

Everyone does have 2 or 4 nades each...

lazzy102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 lazzy102
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts
I think that cod4 is an awesome game and not for noobs.... just play a veteran team game mode and the radar and granades wont be shown when thrown at you and every single hit counts.I also like the maps... they are linear, but so what they are still fun to play. Don't find it to be laggy at all..though i play it on the ps3^^( with mouse and key board)
gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gtarmanrob

[QUOTE="gtarmanrob"]as for the nade spamming...at least its not as bad as CoD 2 :S where everyone had like 2 or 3 nades each.FreyarHunter

Everyone does have 2 or 4 nades each...

not Frag grenades though...unless its an unlock i havnt achieved yet. so far i've only ever been able to carry 1 Frag. the other nades can spam away i dont care they are tactical. people just lob Frags and hope for the best..and it usually pays off.

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

A couple of things piss me off about CoD 4. First, the short single player. It was so much fun I didn't want it to end and the story was over in a flash. Second, people who put maps the size of a postage stamp on 32 player servers.

Your complaints just scream "I'm a noob and I am trying to attract other noobs to my cause"

bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts

realistic games like operation flashpoint and red orchestra require more skill than arcade shooters,sounds like you have never played a realism shooter, and no call of duty 4 is not realistic.Artosa

That's what I thought as well. I thought games like Raven Shield and the earlier Ghost Recon games, required a lot of tactics.

bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts

TC you maybe looking for twitch games...try UT 3, or UT 2004 which requires a lot more skill, IMO.

I am still fairly new to FPS, so maybe I will enjoy COD 4 and TF 2. =)

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DarkRecruit
[QUOTE="DarkRecruit"]

Ironfungus

Single player remains brilliant though like all the CoD games. I won't lie about that. The multiplayer is lacking...HIGHLY, though.

PS. The only reason any of you are telling me to stop crying is because you really feel the same way deep down. But to be different, you flame me instead. I opened this thread up for people who feel the same way, not for people to flame me. Like I said above...I can achieve first place easily. TOO easily. The game requires absolutely no skill to play. THAT'S my point I'm trying to make to you.

Sounds to me like you just started playing this game online and haven't quite picked up the basics fully yet.1005

So you're complaining about that people die too fast? Right?

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DarkRecruit
And ACOG scopes aren't less acurate then red dot sites, they SEEM less accurate cause they actually zoom in alot (when they zoom you in, small motions seem big), red dots give you no zoom so they don't seem inaccurate.
FragMonkey09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 FragMonkey09
Member since 2005 • 1543 Posts

Rob_101

qft

and then I beat the multiplayer :)

boyd62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 boyd62
Member since 2003 • 374 Posts

Played MP for a few hours, gave up after awile. spamfest more or less explains what MP is all about.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ironfungus
[QUOTE="Ironfungus"][QUOTE="DarkRecruit"]

DarkRecruit

So you're complaining about that people die too fast? Right?

Yes. It's ridiculously easy to get a kill in Call of Duty 4. That, and there's way too much handholding.

To the idiots calling me a whiner: Look at my screenshots on page 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob_101"]

FragMonkey09

qft

and then I beat the multiplayer :)

I did the same, now i just focus on achieving the more difficult challenges and seeing how many people i can knife in a row before i die.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
From what little of CoD4 multiplayer I was able to play I understand where all these new "elements" are coming from. The amount of detail in the maps is insane. You can hardly see anything whether moving or not. At least in the original CoD you could see your enemy at a distance and take advantage of that if you had the right weapon. In CoD4, the game seems to rely a lot of the games technology and doesn't force the player to use their skills to make the kill... pretty much like actual modern day warfare, computers do most of the work.

I myself will not be purchasing CoD4 on the PC because of these new elements. I will just continue playing the original vanilla CoD like I always have because it is easily the most fun of them all and requires the most skill.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ElArab

And ACOG scopes aren't less acurate then red dot sites, they SEEM less accurate cause they actually zoom in alot (when they zoom you in, small motions seem big), red dots give you no zoom so they don't seem inaccurate. DarkRecruit

Yeah I thought that at first too, but when you look at the 'weapon stats' in Create a Class menu, when you mouse over the ACOG, it shows a little accuracy skewed, and range greatly increased, I fugred it would just make your gun the same and give you more range, but I can live with it.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ironfungus

From what little of CoD4 multiplayer I was able to play I understand where all these new "elements" are coming from. The amount of detail in the maps is insane. You can hardly see anything whether moving or not. At least in the original CoD you could see your enemy at a distance and take advantage of that if you had the right weapon. In CoD4, the game seems to rely a lot of the games technology and doesn't force the player to use their skills to make the kill... pretty much like actual modern day warfare, computers do most of the work.

I myself will not be purchasing CoD4 on the PC because of these new elements. I will just continue playing the original vanilla CoD like I always have because it is easily the most fun of them all and requires the most skill.foxhound_fox

Right on. I might even go as far as to say United Offensive actually did vehiclular combat correctly unlike every other game out there.

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts
CoD 4 is great and I own it, but I just wish it would have vehicles just like cod 3 which might be the greatest ( dont care it's not made by infinity ward, so don't wanna hear that...lol)
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ElArab

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]From what little of CoD4 multiplayer I was able to play I understand where all these new "elements" are coming from. The amount of detail in the maps is insane. You can hardly see anything whether moving or not. At least in the original CoD you could see your enemy at a distance and take advantage of that if you had the right weapon. In CoD4, the game seems to rely a lot of the games technology and doesn't force the player to use their skills to make the kill... pretty much like actual modern day warfare, computers do most of the work.

I myself will not be purchasing CoD4 on the PC because of these new elements. I will just continue playing the original vanilla CoD like I always have because it is easily the most fun of them all and requires the most skill.Ironfungus

Right on. I might even go as far as to say United Offensive actually did vehiclular combat correctly unlike every other game out there.

Yeah there is also way too much handholding, hell, more then any computer in modern war could give you, I mean, even though a UAV isn't present or anything like that, I play search and destroy with C4, Dead Silence, and a UAV jammer, but guess what? I have the bomb, so there's a HUGE sign flying above my head saying 'KILL'

What tactics do I have when everyone know's were I am? THey are all closing in on me iinstead of actually trying to hunt me down, or shall I say, search and destroy me, that with so many people after me, I may as well strap the C4 to MYSELF! I only have such a small time to get the bomb planted, hence my perks, even though they are rendered useless.

'As far as the helicopter goes. I've never had much luck with them. I call them in, and they just tend to fly about for three minutes shooting dirt before taking off. I can't really put in my opinion on that matter.'

I think they are more of a psychological weapon in MP, cuz anyone knows an attack helicopter like the hind and the cobra can annihalate everything they see on the ground till they are out of ammo, but I've noticed that when there is a helicopter in the sky, people are a little less aggressive in the area that thing is flying in.

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts

CoD 4 is great, I recommend though you don't ever play BF2 online as you will hate it.

DJGOON

Sweet jeebus do I LOOOVE BF2.

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts

Here's some of my screenshots to prove to some of you that you don't know what you're talking about:

Too lazy to "linkify" so you'll just have to copy paste.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0395.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0393.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0385.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0371.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0368.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0345.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0346.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0314.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/jake7832/CoD%204%20proof/shot0328.jpg

Ironfungus

Why am I not impressed by your screenshots you posted?

While I'm not disagreeing with your points, your screenshots don't impress. You drop the N bomb way too much when you are not exactly godlike, actually I don't think anyone should call people noobs at all... I despise the word.

Unless you competed in WCG/CPL for q3, cs, or ut. I suggest you stop being so condescending.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ElArab

Yeah people abuse the word 'noob' a lot, but I mainly use it in CoD4 with the grenade launcher.

I cannot stand when people use the grenade launcher on only ONE PERSON!!! They clearly don't care for the real purpose of the grenade launcher, and just want easy kills with no effort, that's why I call them noobs. They just start the round, press 5, and then run along hoping someone will pop in front of them (and instead of knifing them, they'll fire the M203 into their chest.) or that there will be an unsuspecting person to nade, instead of trying to get people out of heavy cover like..a building..or instead of using it on grouped up enemies.

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarkRecruit
You people need to learn to use a silencer. Stop complaining about the minimap. I use the silencer and it's really powerful. I can easily flank a team because when I start killing people, their teammates just go "hmmm, I see dots on the map in front of me, so we must be getting killed from the front", but I'm flanking them, so they just ignore me because they see no dots behind them. One time I even cleared a room of 5 guys by flanking them. They were looking in the other direction, I kill 2, reload while the other guys don't even turn around because they looked at their minimap but saw no dot behind them, and kill the other 3.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ElArab

You people need to learn to use a silencer. Stop complaining about the minimap. I use the silencer and it's really powerful. I can easily flank a team because when I start killing people, their teammates just go "hmmm, I see dots on the map in front of me, so we must be getting killed from the front", but I'm flanking them, so they just ignore me because they see no dots behind them. One time I even cleared a room of 5 guys by flanking them. They were looking in the other direction, I kill 2, reload while the other guys don't even turn around because they looked at their minimap but saw no dot behind them, and kill the other 3.DarkRecruit

HAHA, yeah that's why I also like the UAV jammer with a silenced gun, when they realize 'oh no, one guy left well I've got a secret weapon' they call a UAV and then they are like '.....F***!'

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
I was extremely excited for Call of Duty 4 before it was released, but after playing the full retail version, I was disappointed. While a good game, it's not anywhere near I expected, both multi- and single-player-wise. The multiplayer is basically just respawn/die/respawn/die and the single-player just wasn't as fun as the original Call of Duty's. The grenade spam is especially irritating.
Malphal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Malphal
Member since 2003 • 529 Posts
You are nuts. Almonds perhaps. Cashews? It is the number one game of the millinium. Hl2 is great and so is COD 4.