Any1 lukin forward to Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darrenmol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darrenmol
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts
Just wonderin caus like the first one was a technical marvel but i dont think it got the credit it deserves.... i'm gonna be gettin it on pc and ps3 but i hope map editor is on it caus thats made ,in my opinion, the first 1 awesome!!
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I'm skeptical. It's probably not going to be all too similar to the first one.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

I enjoyed the original, though having it as my first tactical shooter experience probably wasn't too bright seeing as I couldn't figure out how the hell I was supposed to play the game.

I've heard other fans of the first don't like the chances of this one. I'm not very interested in it myself.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I am very excited to play OPF2

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I'm looking forward to the gore and the improved command system.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Just wonderin caus like the first one was a technical marvel but i dont think it got the credit it deserves.... i'm gonna be gettin it on pc and ps3 but i hope map editor is on it caus thats made ,in my opinion, the first 1 awesome!!Darrenmol
The people who made the original aren't making this one - the publisher of the first game owned the rights to the name, and didn't let them make a sequel (they went on to do Armed Assault instead on their own, and now are doing ArmA2). This is a totally different group of developers.
skywarp001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 skywarp001
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

this game will be leet. Ive heard a rumour of it including a mission maker.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

I'm not, too realistic for me, I would get so frustrated if I had to replay the same stage 27 times...

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

I'm not, too realistic for me, I would get so frustrated if I had to replay the same stage 27 times...

rmfd341

In the article PC Gamer did in the most recent issue, they specifically stated that the sequel (being created by a totally different group of guys) will be much more accessible than the original game. I personally preferred the original's insane difficulty because it didn't turn us into girls like so many other modern games do today, but I think the sequel will still be challenging. (Or so I hope..)

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GodLovesDead

rmfd341
I enjoy it. I remember one cooperative mission in the original where you had to ambush a caravan. Boy, I played that mission atleast 50 times with my friend. What makes the game so fun with its difficulty is that you have to be creative with your attacks.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Makari
[QUOTE="rmfd341"]

GodLovesDead
I enjoy it. I remember one cooperative mission in the original where you had to ambush a caravan. Boy, I played that mission atleast 50 times with my friend. What makes the game so fun with its difficulty is that you have to be creative with your attacks.

Is it the nighttime mission where you're generally covert ops guys you're talking about? Man, I replayed that one dozens of times in coop with my friends. We generally got hunted down by the BMP or whatever that was at the tail end of the convoy. :(
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Skeptics might want to check this out: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/967/967634p1.html

I wasn't sure what to make of the game either, but the preview sounds very promising. The thing is, yeah they're different developers from the original OpFor, but those guys released Arma and that went REALLY well, didnt it? I'm not really that excited for Arma 2 if they had to release the first one once they ran out of money, or whatever happened.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of accessibility for these types of games. From what I have read in regards to Dragon Rising, it's still a very believable and detailed sim. They're not taking anything away from the genre, just streamlining it for a smoother experience.

Who knows how it'll turn out, but I'm really looking forward to it after reading some of the latest stuff.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

The thing is, yeah they're different developers from the original OpFor, but those guys released Arma and that went REALLY well, didnt it?

MyopicCanadian

Well, once they patched it...

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Makari

[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]

The thing is, yeah they're different developers from the original OpFor, but those guys released Arma and that went REALLY well, didnt it?

Baranga

Well, once they patched it...

Yeah, he was right, they ran out of money after Codemasters kicked them to the curb. They had to either release unfinished or go out of business, so they released unfinished and used the income from that to finish the game. Hence the massive improvements via patching... the game plain and simple wasn't done when they had to launch it, but they had no choice. With the second game, they're able to take their time and pretty much do it right.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="rmfd341"]

Makari

Is it the nighttime mission where you're generally covert ops guys you're talking about? Man, I replayed that one dozens of times in coop with my friends. We generally got hunted down by the BMP or whatever that was at the tail end of the convoy. :(

It was actually the daytime mission which takes place in a desert. You had a squad of men and you had about 3 minutes to prepare. What we typically did was lay down some mines, run up to a nearby town to grab a jeep, drive back, load up all the supplies, and pick them off from a distance. What really made the level difficult was the helicopter that came later on. I really need to load the game up and play it again.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

I am interested in this game.

Gruug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 Gruug
Member since 2004 • 735 Posts

The first Flashpoint was good. Arma (after being patched) was also pretty good. Since the second Flashpoint is not going to have the same "freedom" of the first, I will probably not be as excited to get this game. Also, since this Flashpoint is going the "dual release" mode (PC and Console), I don't think it will be anywhere as detailed (eye candy does not count). At this point, I am holding out for Arma 2 but not by much as it too is going the dual release mode of both platforms. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

gamer1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 gamer1396
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

I guess im kind of looking forwardto it, the first was okay, i liked how the missions could play out in different ways, like you could get left behind when a extraction chopper comes or something of the sort.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
Member since 2005 • 1735 Posts

I've seen a lot of people saying how it's "dumbed down". I don't really believe that, I enjoyed the first, but found it too hard simply because the UI was awful to navigate... I really hope the second is just as hard, but they improve the interface so it is more accessible and more playable... I don't think that is dumbing it down, it just makes the game more streamlined and in a sense, more realistic, real soldiers can blurt out orders real fast, so why shouldn't gamers be able to?

anyway, after playing quite a bit of ArmA and more recently, project reality, I cannot wait for this game.. it's running onthe EGO engine so I have high hopes for it's techincal performance, unlike ArmA2... ArmA ran like a hog and was bugged to hell and back :(

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Looking forward to it, I really like Tactical Shooters.