am i the only one that wants Games for Windows LIVE to succeed?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 grumpyyoungman
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts
i'm sure the apple fanboys here will say "meh! windows blows!". which is fine, go enjoy your 10 year old ports. but for the rest of the world.....when the games for windows stuff actually works, its great. i love the fact that i can get my achievements, gamerscore, etc crossplatform. and honestly, having the achievements and dlc and all that available makes me want to buy the game more. i know achievements give you absolutely nothing except for the momentary satisfaction of that little *dink* sound and a popup, but they are addicting. that being said, the games for windows LIVE portion is only used on a handful of games. i really wish this would take off though as i would buy more games if they were LIVE enabled. anyone agree?
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

The only thing I don't like about it is buying downloadable content with Microsoft points. If Microsoft would allow Steam to sell the downloadable content also I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Yeah...I mean compared to Steam.. Why use it?
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

I like the idea of having a cross-platform gaming profile, and I find achievements bring a healthy dose of replayability to games.

But with very few games supporting it, and a pretty awful GFWL client, Microsoft have some work to do on it. Until then, I very much prefer Steam.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grumpyyoungman
Yeah...I mean compared to Steam.. Why use it?Shadowhawk000
because of the cross platform achievement system. if you dont have an xbox 360 then i guess gfwl is pretty much pointless. but for people like me that plays pc games, and console games....any time you can mix the two is at least an intriguing idea. im not saying the client itself is great at all compared to the superior steam, but the achievements, friends list, gamerscore, etc all in one deal is cool.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

I don't care about achievements and it's much harder to manage GFWL savegame files.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 grumpyyoungman

I don't care about achievements and it's much harder to manage GFWL savegame files.

thusaha
do you have a 360 though?
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

[QUOTE="thusaha"]

grumpyyoungman

No.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 grumpyyoungman

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="thusaha"]

thusaha

No.

from what i said earlier: "if you dont have an xbox 360 then i guess gfwl is pretty much pointless"
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

No the service is horrible. Its slow and a waste of time. The way it updates itself is horrible. And its not like anyone really cares about the service. Also the majority of pc gamers don't give a crap about worthless achivements.

Dunkonya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dunkonya
Member since 2004 • 1601 Posts
It seems kinda pointless but I was never into the 360 achievements.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

"go enjoy your 10 year old ports" quite an attitude we got there umm? there are recent ports that don't have LIVE and what a shock they work extremely well without it.

LIVE is the most useless annoying crap PC has to put up with, it took me around 8 or 9 hours to get GTA IV to work online, because I couldn't log in into LIVE, I was signing with an account that isn't in a region that is supported by LIVE, well by chance I found out after almost 9 hours that LIVE doesn't download/log in into an account for the first time if you have Steam or Xfire running. So yeah, it's awesome.

I don't care about Xbox or PC achievements, especially Xbox since I don't have one, it's glitchy, slow, extremely annoying simple with lots of sub menus interface.

The only good thing about it is the part with achievements and the friends list, that's all, which in short means it's redundant.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 grumpyyoungman

"go enjoy your 10 year old ports" quite an attitude we got there umm? there are recent ports that don't have LIVE and what a shock they work extremely well without it.

LIVE is the most useless annoying crap PC has to put up with, it took me around 8 or 9 hours to get GTA IV to work online, because I couldn't log in into LIVE, I was signing with an account that isn't in a region that is supported by LIVE, well by chance I found out after almost 9 hours that LIVE doesn't download/log in into an account for the first time if you have Steam or Xfire running. So yeah, it's awesome.

I don't care about Xbox or PC achievements, especially Xbox since I don't have one, it's glitchy, slow, extremely annoying simple with lots of sub menus interface.

The only good thing about it is the part with achievements and the friends list, that's all, which in short means it's redundant.

DanielDust
i said the exact same thing before i actually bought an xbox 360. i used to be a huge nintendo fanboy....until the wii let me down after owning it for 6 months. i thought achievements were pointless (they still kinda are) and that i refused to pay $50 for an online service that i can get free on the pc. im not going to turn this into a system wars post though... all im saying is that there are SOME pc gamers out there that appreciate multiple platforms. and the thought of having those platforms co-exist...through the same gamertag/user account is cool. you may not think so since you dont care about the 360, but being able to login to your live account through xbox OR through pc and get the same content is cool.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
i really hate everything about it(but ironically love steam) but ya, i would certainly like to see it succeed, specifically for the fact that the would be more games released on it that would of never been released onto pc in the first place(gears 2, halo 3, etc)
grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 grumpyyoungman
i really hate everything about it(but ironically love steam) but ya, i would certainly like to see it succeed, specifically for the fact that the would be more games released on it that would of never been released onto pc in the first place(gears 2, halo 3, etc)kidcool189
and i agree that the service isnt exactly "flawlesss"....although ive yet to encounter all these login and update problems everyone seems to be having. but maybe im the minority here. i just think more cross connectivity is a good thing for gamers.
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
I can't say I care for it. I find acheivements pretty pointless.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

i'm sure the apple fanboys here will say "meh! windows blows!". which is fine, go enjoy your 10 year old ports. but for the rest of the world.....when the games for windows stuff actually works, its great. i love the fact that i can get my achievements, gamerscore, etc crossplatform. and honestly, having the achievements and dlc and all that available makes me want to buy the game more. i know achievements give you absolutely nothing except for the momentary satisfaction of that little *dink* sound and a popup, but they are addicting. that being said, the games for windows LIVE portion is only used on a handful of games. i really wish this would take off though as i would buy more games if they were LIVE enabled. anyone agree?grumpyyoungman

If you have played anytime the "old" Dawn Of War & expansions and then you have played Dawn Of War II you can be amazed about how bad is the new multiplayer browser system compared to the older, thanx mainly to the new Steam and GFWL mandatory installment system. Even if the old browse -supported by Gamespy- was far from perfect, at least you could see two dozens of active matches in the main page, instead of the uber-consolized five lines in the new one. In fact, the number. But in fact, the amount of failures in the GFWL tempting to connect to matches, and the boring, intrusive, annoying pop ups with absurd "connection failure" are so high, that is not surprise that the game have less players today than DoW 1.

So yes, you're one of the few people that seems that like the GFWL. Lucky to me, most on my favourite games are based on Battlenet or independet systems not vinculed to these mesh called GFWL.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 grumpyyoungman

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"]i'm sure the apple fanboys here will say "meh! windows blows!". which is fine, go enjoy your 10 year old ports. but for the rest of the world.....when the games for windows stuff actually works, its great. i love the fact that i can get my achievements, gamerscore, etc crossplatform. and honestly, having the achievements and dlc and all that available makes me want to buy the game more. i know achievements give you absolutely nothing except for the momentary satisfaction of that little *dink* sound and a popup, but they are addicting. that being said, the games for windows LIVE portion is only used on a handful of games. i really wish this would take off though as i would buy more games if they were LIVE enabled. anyone agree?Ondoval

If you have played anytime the "old" Dawn Of War & expansions and then you have played Dawn Of War II you can be amazed about how bad is the new multiplayer browser system compared to the older, thanx mainly to the new Steam and GFWL mandatory installment system. Even if the old browse -supported by Gamespy- was far from perfect, at least you could see two dozens of active matches in the main page, instead of the uber-consolized five lines in the new one. In fact, the number. But in fact, the amount of failures in the GFWL tempting to connect to matches, and the boring, intrusive, annoying pop ups with absurd "connection failure" are so high, that is not surprise that the game have less players today than DoW 1.

So yes, you're one of the few people that seems that like the GFWL. Lucky to me, most on my favourite games are based on Battlenet or independet systems not vinculed to these mesh called GFWL.

k i think you are missing my point. i didnt say that the GFWL client was rock solid. it works for me without problems, but i know of all the issues people have with it. thats not my point. remove the "client and connectivity" issues from the post and you are left with "do you like the cross-connectivity of the gamerscore, achievements, friends list, windows live ID, etc all tying in." yes i know the client is some what broken, but the CONCEPT is good. thats the point of my post. sheesh.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

[QUOTE="thusaha"]

grumpyyoungman

I want this to fail because they sell "bonus content" (ie updates) that should be free. Oh and achievements are pointless, it's much better to just enjoy the game for what it is and move on when you get bored, not when you get the achievements.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 grumpyyoungman

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="thusaha"]

True_Sounds

I want this to fail because they sell "bonus content" (ie updates) that should be free. Oh and achievements are pointless, it's much better to just enjoy the game for what it is and move on when you get bored, not when you get the achievements.

i agree that achievements are pointless in that they dont provide any monetary value to the game at all. however, i will say that they have increased the replayability of my games on the 360 and on the pc (the GFWL games anyway) in that if i see an achievement for killing this dude a certain way, then ill go for it. i know games like WoW have achievements, but they arent as publicized. i think if they were though, then people would be more apt to go for them.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
Err... Vavle has achievements too, and a whole in depth community for every game with custom profiles etc. And has better prices/deals ANNDDD has better games ANNNNDDD Kicks the **** out of M$ and EA for qualityl.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]Yeah...I mean compared to Steam.. Why use it?grumpyyoungman
because of the cross platform achievement system. if you dont have an xbox 360 then i guess gfwl is pretty much pointless. but for people like me that plays pc games, and console games....any time you can mix the two is at least an intriguing idea. im not saying the client itself is great at all compared to the superior steam, but the achievements, friends list, gamerscore, etc all in one deal is cool.

Actually, id rather console trash to be kept away from PC gaming, its just low quality poision really.
fish83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fish83
Member since 2003 • 126 Posts

gfwl is awsome for me, i like having the choice of playing the 360 version, or knowing that the pc version will have controler suport and achievements.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

What is Games for Windows? Is that some kind of awesome gaming service exclusively for us PC gamers. Supported by a great company that cares about their customers and knows that their success is dependent upon keeping us happy. Is that what it is?

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 grumpyyoungman

What is Games for Windows? Is that some kind of awesome gaming service exclusively for us PC gamers. Supported by a great company that cares about their customers and knows that their success is dependent upon keeping us happy. Is that what it is?

Gooeykat
how did you know? :-P
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
[QUOTE="Gooeykat"]

grumpyyoungman

:) Well if you hadn't guess already, I'll support GFW as soon as Microsoft starts to support it. Right now Steam blows it out of the water.
grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 grumpyyoungman
[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="Gooeykat"]

Gooeykat

:) Well if you hadn't guess already, I'll support GFW as soon as Microsoft starts to support it. Right now Steam blows it out of the water.

ah yes, microsoft and support...doesn't really go hand in hand these days. i just like the achievements and cross platform ideas. i hope they flesh that out more.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"]i'm sure the apple fanboys here will say "meh! windows blows!". which is fine, go enjoy your 10 year old ports. but for the rest of the world.....when the games for windows stuff actually works, its great. i love the fact that i can get my achievements, gamerscore, etc crossplatform. and honestly, having the achievements and dlc and all that available makes me want to buy the game more. i know achievements give you absolutely nothing except for the momentary satisfaction of that little *dink* sound and a popup, but they are addicting. that being said, the games for windows LIVE portion is only used on a handful of games. i really wish this would take off though as i would buy more games if they were LIVE enabled. anyone agree?grumpyyoungman

k i think you are missing my point. i didnt say that the GFWL client was rock solid. it works for me without problems, but i know of all the issues people have with it. thats not my point. remove the "client and connectivity" issues from the post and you are left with "do you like the cross-connectivity of the gamerscore, achievements, friends list, windows live ID, etc all tying in." yes i know the client is some what broken, but the CONCEPT is good. thats the point of my post. sheesh.

I think that I haven't miss your point. I have a PS3 and a Xbox 360 and IMO Xfire provides better tools to the player than PSN or MS Live systems: you can track all the hours spent in almost any game, jump on fly in matches in a los of games -mainly shooters-, real time chat, real time voip, take screenshots, record vids -even if Fraps is better suited tool to these last two things-, autodowload patches, create/join to a clan, uploading and sharing those stuff you take, etc. Obviously Xfire isn't for buying stuff (you allready have Battlenet or Steam for this purpose), but works WELL, is not INTRUSIVE nor MANDATORY, so I see no positive aspects in the Games For Windows Live CONCEPTS.

It looks as if in every dimension GFWL is surpased for another platforms that do the work better. May I remark that GFWL failed in his first attempt as a monthly fee platform? But the deep problems weren't the money, but the fact that the PC is in fact a open platform and players -most of them adults- are VERY reluctant to external forms of control. The main contribution to PC gamers from Microsoft in the last 10 years was the annihilation of gaming studios and franchises as FASA Corp and the Mechwarrrior saga. To me MS provides not a single product usefull in the PC gaming department; no IPs, no usefull tools, and definitively DX 10 only in Vista was a bad idea -well, in fact DX 10 was a bad idea all arround-.

So no, I'm not very excited with GFWL even if some of my las purchased games -DoW II, Fallout 3, Warhead...- are afiliated to. In fact, I'm studyng the posibility to reprobe future games with GFWL online interaction.

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts

I enjoy Games for Windows Live as the seamless support for the controller and online portal and my Xbox and my Windows Media Center and my TV and to my iPod Touch and to my laptop while on international trips to playing Xbox in other countries while meeting friends in other countries and tracking their accomplishment then coming back home and having fun.

Best thing ever.

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

The thing I really hate about Live! is that they are now charging money for limited added content you used to be able to get for free. Achievements are OK but I wouldn't really miss them much if they dissapeared completely.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
I like GFWL. I haven't hit any problems with it, but I take pretty good care of my network/computer and was already familiar with how the 360 Live does things from owning a 360.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I honestly don't mind it for Dawn of War 2.... Its a farcry better than 99% of every other RTS online service I have used other than Battle.net.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

I won't go as far as saying I want it to fail, but I hope it never becomes #1. There's two reasons.

1. Points? C'mon, I'm an adult. If I'm going to buy something, I'm going to do it with money, not Microsoft points. It's absolutely senseless to tell me that if I want to buy Broken Steel that I need to go to their webpage, "purchase" Microsoft Points, then go over and use the points to buy the DLC. Why can't I just go straight to the DLC page and be charged in dollars? It's just amazingly stupid.

2. While that issue is small, here's where GFWL fails at an epic level. It (attempts to, at least) region locks games. When I finally upgraded my PC last week, I popped in GTA4 and it wouldn't let me into Live because I'm from an unsupported country. You can work around it, but no one should be forced to join a service and then be told that they can't play online or save their game because they're from the "wrong" country. I understand that they can't provide support everywhere, but if someone selects such a country, just put a clear note that GFWL isn't officially supported for that region.

To be honest, I don't like it when these kinds of services are forced upon games. That's probably why I only really like Xfire because it's completely avoidable if I wish. Buy a game from Steam (or uses it for DRM) and you're forced to use it. Same with GFWL. And I actually think Xfire does everything I'd want it to do BETTER than these services. To be honest, I can't see GFWL succeeding right now because there's nothing to really push the service. GTA4 is great (best game of the past few years, IMO) but since it's poorly optimized, it's not a killer app. Microsoft would need a killer app like Halo was for the Xbox (though Halo isn't going to do anything for GFWL).

Edit: I should also add I dont particularly support GFWL because it's going to make PC gaming even more dependent on Microsoft, which hasn't been a very firm supporter of the platform. Frankly, I'd like to see games playable on other OSes.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#34 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

[QUOTE="thusaha"]

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"] do you have a 360 though?grumpyyoungman

No.

from what i said earlier: "if you dont have an xbox 360 then i guess gfwl is pretty much pointless"

yup. But why would you ever have a 360?

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
i'm sure the apple fanboys here will say "meh! windows blows!". which is fine, go enjoy your 10 year old ports. but for the rest of the world.....when the games for windows stuff actually works, its great. i love the fact that i can get my achievements, gamerscore, etc crossplatform. and honestly, having the achievements and dlc and all that available makes me want to buy the game more. i know achievements give you absolutely nothing except for the momentary satisfaction of that little *dink* sound and a popup, but they are addicting. that being said, the games for windows LIVE portion is only used on a handful of games. i really wish this would take off though as i would buy more games if they were LIVE enabled. anyone agree?grumpyyoungman
I actually want it to suceed as well, the whole MS point thing sucks though, Why I can't I just buy something for 7$? Instead you have to spend 12:50$ just to get a 7 dollar item, besides that though, I actually like the GFW Live system.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]Yeah...I mean compared to Steam.. Why use it?grumpyyoungman

I play PC Games and Console games but I personally could care less about the cross platform achievement system. As you said, it has no bearing on the core game or even the multiplayer aspect, so why does it matter? Is it because you like a score to show how much of a person is determined when they game?

Also, Steam easily incorporates achievement within their client. Why can't Microsoft just pay Valve to allow for cross platform achievements with XBL and get rid of the bloated, waste of time that the GFWL client is?

lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

I like the branding on the case actually, certainly livens it up.

secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

When I first got my 360 I thought Gamer Scrore points allowed you to buy things in the market place. I was disapointed and didnt think I would give a crap about them. Over time though it became fun to collect them. My first game was Gears of War and I ended up getting 1200/1250. I find that aiming for achievements added a huge amount of replayability to my favorite games.

I also just recently changed to Windows Vista, one of the major factors that influenced me to get Vista was achievments and direct x 10. The Games for Windows Live experience is a complete flop at the moment. Nothing like the 360 Market place. Only a few games are supported. I hope it becomes something but It will never be as popular as Steam.

SirMordredX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 SirMordredX
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts
I think it's awesome - just pleas stop using Microsoft and I'll be fine with it all the way...
Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#40 Mr_Versipellis
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts
It's like Steam, but worse, buggier, slower and form Microsoft... I love steam, though.... If only it had an achievement noise!
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]Yeah...I mean compared to Steam.. Why use it?Cdscottie

I play PC Games and Console games but I personally could care less about the cross platform achievement system. As you said, it has no bearing on the core game or even the multiplayer aspect, so why does it matter? Is it because you like a score to show how much of a person is determined when they game?

Also, Steam easily incorporates achievement within their client. Why can't Microsoft just pay Valve to allow for cross platform achievements with XBL and get rid of the bloated, waste of time that the GFWL client is?

Why would Microsoft pay Valve to support their own idea? Just because you don't like GFWL doesn't mean everyone does. I don't like Steam- why can't Valve pay Stardock to incorporate Steam achievements into Impulse? I'm sure it's something Valve could do if they wanted to- Impulse will be supporting GFWL achievements eventually (almost made the last Impulse reactor update).
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts
[QUOTE="Cdscottie"]

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"] because of the cross platform achievement system. if you dont have an xbox 360 then i guess gfwl is pretty much pointless. but for people like me that plays pc games, and console games....any time you can mix the two is at least an intriguing idea. im not saying the client itself is great at all compared to the superior steam, but the achievements, friends list, gamerscore, etc all in one deal is cool.LongZhiZi

Why would Microsoft pay Valve to support their own idea? Just because you don't like GFWL doesn't mean everyone does. I don't like Steam- why can't Valve pay Stardock to incorporate Steam achievements into Impulse? I'm sure it's something Valve could do if they wanted to- Impulse will be supporting GFWL achievements eventually (almost made the last Impulse reactor update).

Well look at it this way, GFWL has basically flopped and if it doesn't receive a major overhaul it will go the way of the dodo. I only suggested Steam as it is a popular games client on the PC and if Microsoft truly cared about the PC as a gaming platform (They joined the PC Gaming Alliance after all...) then why not try to help the developers out in giving customers something nice to their experience. As of right now, it is nothing more then a headache to most and a waste of time for others.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
yeah, u sort of are. GFWL isn't really doing anything to advance the platform, and using the points system is just a scam (they only sell it in batches of 500, yet most stuff costs 800...a pretty classic money-making move)
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
I don't care for it. I think GTA4 and tons of other GFWL games would have been much better without it. Achievements, crossplay and the community is something I'm not very interested as it's console based. Points to buy things doesn't float with me either. I don't like it at all. We don't use play money around here. I'm pretty sure it was created for the console gamers that are going to PC. Hopefully those individuals realize that there is a better GFWL free world out there.
jeremy45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeremy45
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts

I prefer steam. I can buy a game when i want anytime i want and not have to wait in line. Yes i know you can do this with xbox live but steam is o so better.

arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
Anything related to Microsoft sucks! Literally, only thing Microsoft ever did good for gamers is inventing DirectX API. That's all. If DX api could work in other systems, I will just kick windows' dirty @$$.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p239/ivazquez71/buzz.jpg

While Live isn't perfect I do admire the cross platform profile. Being able to play cross platform games with buds on the 360 is a huge step forward for gaming entirely. The problem really is Microsoft in addition to developers not using it efficiently to really progress the potential of what Live can offer for PC Gamers. Many can agree that charging for the service can be quite a bummer, but to have the chance to play against gamers not only on PC, but on consoles is satisfying. At home LAN gatherings are marvelous today having both PC gamer friends and Xbox 360 friends play together eating pizza and trash talking.

The perfect service at this point will be to have all Xfire, Steam and Live features/client in sync to push forward the PC Gaming space.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I would rather have Steam become standard tbh.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

I also want it to succeed but they need to make some improvements. It also needs some good games using it. I can't count 5 good games that use GFWL.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#50 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
[QUOTE="Gooeykat"][QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="Gooeykat"]

Pretty much this. I'll use GFW when I play Fallout 3, but until thn, it's STEAM and Impulse to buy and dowload games.