aion, no surround sound windows 7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

anybody know of a fix? Its not using directsound so alchemy/3d soundback doesnt help. I can install xp again, but Id rather not...

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

Bump

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

anybody know of a fix? Its not using directsound so alchemy/3d soundback doesnt help. I can install xp again, but Id rather not...

TerroRizing
For some reason (I don't remember why), but the surround only works on XP in Aion. Vista and Win 7 cannot run surround for the game. People have tried doing a lot of work around, altering files, using other programs and such, but to no avail. The sound is really loud and annoying in Vista and Win 7 while playing Aion because of the lack for surround support. Everything just generally blares out of the two front speakers. I've got the sound effects, music and environmental sounds turned down to 10% and the volume level on my speakers setting is only turned up to 1 and it's annoying loud. Hopefully they fix the problem for us Vista and Win 7 users. If you can't live without the surround, go back to XP. If you can deal with it, then hope and pray they get a patch going to fix the problem.