Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures fees???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nikeswoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nikeswoosh
Member since 2003 • 943 Posts
Is there any montly fees for this game it looks pretty good
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Yes, about $15 a month.
nikeswoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nikeswoosh
or is hellgate london better?? looking for a new pc rpg game
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RK-Mara
Does it need to be online?
nikeswoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nikeswoosh
not really but if not then id like alot of gameplay hrs
enjoi91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 enjoi91
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
Hellgate doesn't have a monthly fee i belive well i play offline so idk
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Neverwinter Night 2?
Kokihatu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Kokihatu_
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
Staying somewhat ontopic; There are no AoC gamecards to be found here in Finland, how is it for the rest of you?
fightinglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fightinglove
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

Staying somewhat ontopic; There are no AoC gamecards to be found here in Finland, how is it for the rest of you?Kokihatu_

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/popups/prodinfo.php?id=32146

:roll:

Kokihatu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kokihatu_

O.o

Then I got lied to in the store XD

Hells_rebelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Hells_rebelion
Member since 2003 • 2957 Posts
AoC is absolutely horrible, stay away....I know it's relativily new but it's SO buggy. It may be good under all the flaws, but who knows?
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RK-Mara

O.o

Kokihatu_

So you use Citymarket (local Wal-Mart) for your gaming purchases?

But back on topic, I would rather recommend The Witcher. It's about 40 hours long but already should be more than you spend playing HGL as it's rather bad.

Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

AoC isn't buggy if you have a machine that can run it. The visuals are great and I love the combat. Hellgate is free unless you want special content then theres a monthly fee...unless they did away with that recently. NWN 2 has no fee but its not really an MMO. Guild Wars is a decent MMO with no fee and still has an active community but its not a traditional MMO. You can group with people to wander the world but you wont encounter other random players except in city instances.

Kokihatu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kokihatu_
[QUOTE="Kokihatu_"]

O.o

RK-Mara

So you use Citymarket (local Wal-Mart) for your gaming purchases?

But back on topic, I would rather recommend The Witcher. It's about 40 hours long but already should be more than you spend playing HGL as it's rather bad.

Hey, no need to insult me XD

And the store was Pelimies FYI.

azn_windsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 azn_windsoul
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

game is 15 bucks a month and prepaid game card is 30

i know you didnt ask for this but in my opinion, i dont think age of conan is worth it at all. the most fun you will get out of it is 3 weeks. after 3 weeks evverything gets boring - even the "oh so fun combat" system.

wicked1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wicked1992
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts
I agree, I played AoC since it came out, and got bored real fast, once all the eye candy wears off you realize that the game can be much more, but maybe down the road it will be, untill then pick something else.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Ive been playing Age Of Conan since its release and im still enjoying it alot! Try it out man!
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

game is 15 bucks a month and prepaid game card is 30

i know you didnt ask for this but in my opinion, i dont think age of conan is worth it at all. the most fun you will get out of it is 3 weeks. after 3 weeks evverything gets boring - even the "oh so fun combat" system.

azn_windsoul

agreed.

as soon as the novelty of real time combat wears off you realize your paying for an open beta, and even if they continue to refine it they will be working on it for years before it works properly.

As for Hellgate, I got a lot more fun out of it than I did AoC, but didnt they stop providing servers for Hellgate?

Imo, you should go with Guild Wars, Titan Quest, or even Diablo 2.

theking52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 theking52
Member since 2004 • 2560 Posts

AoC is indeed $15/mo. However, as MOST of us who started it up since launch, realize how lame it is. I'm not going to go around regretting that i spent money on it as I was subscribed for a couple of months because it was ok at the start. And $15 for an entire month is really nothing. But it is SO buggy, and has so many many problems don't bother with it.

Again, some people will tell you it's a great game, blah blah blah and yea they're entitled to their own opinions just like anyone else. But keep in mind that the majority of the people's opinion is that it really is a horrible game. It did have amazing potential, but they didn't even deliver half the things that were promissed. hell, the major things they promissed STILL aren't in.

They had promised it to be the first DX10 game, and guess what? No DX10 right now.

They had made this whole big issue about pvp levels, loot, etc etc... and guess what? None of that in either. Even though about 2 months ago they promised the "next" patch will get the pvp in but nope still nothing.

They promised Seige, which is the ONE thing that actually made it in but ofcourse, it's extremely problamatic as everyone's having issues with it and basically hating it at this point.

They made a big deal about crafting, that's also buggy (may have been fixed somewhat but still not good) and to add to that, the stats are almost useless on items. What is the point of that... i mean seriously.

They promised all these amazing raids and all that, but what's the point of raiding when the rewards aren't worth all the time spent?

I could seriously go on for a long time but... there you go, a list of the "revolutions" they promised and none delivered.

kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

For the most part AoC is not buggy. It's a very vocal, minority that makes it seem FAR worse than it is. I've run it on 4 seperate systems with out problems, but I've noticed it must be run on a pretty decent rig to really enjoy it. It is very "laggy" on lower to medium end systems. Having said that, I'll go on and say to avoid it for at least another half year. Funcom has made many changes to the gameplay that have seriously devolved the game. A few weeks ago they put into place a new tagging system that lets players grief lower level characters by a type of kill stealing. There are a ton of other game play changes that they keep making and giving no reason. People who spent many an hour of work were ripped off when they just up and decided to lower the price of mounts a training guides by 90%. This is turn has started to hurt the game economy a bit. I think this has something to do with the soon to be released 360 version of the game since it PC and 360 players will be able to play on the same servers. Until this settle down on AoC, I would highly suggest waiting a while.

As for Hellgate, well you picked about the wrost time to buy it. While the online servers are still up and running, we dont know for how long. Hellgate is an odd little game. It has a fully unlocked, single player game. As for online play you have (I should say had) several options. The basic version was/is free. This version has a limited inventory system and limited access to new content. Then there was the subscription based version. This pretty much unlocked the online version of the game to be more like the single player version. It also gives complete access to new content. There was the monthly subscription system and the lifetime account. Here is were things have gone a bit hinky. Flagship Studio's is currently having serious money problems and has laid off more than half it's staff. On top of that, one of it's partners (an asian company that I cant remeber the name of at the momment) has decalred it own the right to all of Flagships IP's and is trying to take over by force. Since all this started a few weeks ago, the subscription service has been turned off and the online players are left in limbo. We dont know if the servers will come down and we will lsoe everything we have or will they be moved to a new company and keep all our stuff. We simply dont know.

If you get the game then only play the single player version until things calm down. It would suck to start up your character and get half way through the game, just to lose it all because somebody decided that they didnt want to take the current user base with them.

I saw somebody mention The Witcher in a previous post. Great game, but you might want to wait a few weeks on that one too. There is a few bugs with the game (MAJOR load times for one) and they are going to be ironed out with a really, really big patch that will also add a ton of new missions, and further devlope the story line. As well as all that, the voice acting is getting a major overhaul. This will make a great game truly fantastic for those that havent played it before. But again, it's not scheduled to be preelasd for a few more weeks and it's going to be a really big patch (current beta players say it's about 1.5 the saize of the current game). At least its a free patch and offers to expand what is already a great game. Well worth buying.

If you have a decent rig then I would suggest Two Worlds. The game got a bad rap at first due to many bugs but those have been corrected. It's one of the best looking games you can get and it can be found at $29.99 and under in many places. It's two biggest flaws are it's voice acting (truly some of the worst for any game in history) and the control scheme for the mounts. Outside of that, the bugs are gone, the game is beautiful and it has a great open ended system to let you go grow the way you want. It also has a great soundtrack to boot.

Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

If I were you, I would try AoC, I still play it myself and I like it.

Carbon_Python

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Carbon_Python
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
AoC is a crap game that was overhyped and sucks balls it redifined rpg to cog (Crappy online Games)
GoddyQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GoddyQ
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts
Age of Conan is a brilliant game from 1-19, but once you hit 20 and the main island, the game really start looking like some f2p asian grinder with upgraded graphics sadly. Boring, repeative quests, NPC's not talking anymore, bugs, just not worth it atm, but 1-19 was awesome though.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Age of Conan is a brilliant game from 1-19, but once you hit 20 and the main island, the game really start looking like some f2p asian grinder with upgraded graphics sadly. Boring, repeative quests, NPC's not talking anymore, bugs, just not worth it atm, but 1-19 was awesome though.GoddyQ

Im over level 30 and im still loving the game, to each there own i guess though.

From what ive heard from friends it not as fun once you hit level 70. So for me taht will last me along time.

Cooltechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Cooltechie
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts
Hellgate has an optional monthly fee, if you want an MMO bite the bullet and get WoW, if you don't get The Witcher or Mass Effect, both are good RPGs, or infact morrowind if somehow you have managed to miss the best rpg ever made..
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts
AoC is the buggiest game ever, but i am enjoying it very much (ok, coz i am a fan) ...if you buy a gamecard you are 2 months settled. Its worth the money, despite the bugs which will be fixed somewhere around next year:lol: