A little MMORPG advice, please.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fierce_deity13
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
I'm getting irritated with WoW. It was fun when I started, but now level-grinding, pvp armor-grinding, and of course gold-grinding are just getting tedious. Anybody thing that Wrath of the Lich King will fix some of these problems? If they don't, I might sell my WoW account for Warhammer Online. What do you guys think? Thanks.
Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts
I think you should abandon WoW and make up for all the lost years.
fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fierce_deity13
Yeah, tell me about it.
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
big epic pvp battles of raiding rival factions cities is the most exciting feature if you ask me
tyler2tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 tyler2tyler
Member since 2006 • 2356 Posts
Just Chill. WOTLK is gunna bring a crap load of things for you to do.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

WoW will continue to be WoW. What ever they promised you, it isnt going to happen. WoTLK might bring the "Death Knight" new classes and all that but will continue to be a grind. If you're okay with that, then by all means stay with WoW. If you're looking for fun, try AoC or WAR, or just stay away from MMORPGs. I had a rank 14 Grand Marshal on WoW, did Naxx, and all that. I didnt like what BC brought to WoW so I quit. It's the best thing I ever did.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
UO is still the best.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
Well most MMOs have some grinding in some form or other. WoWs is just more in the form of Korean MMOs...
crazymaghie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazymaghie123
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
Don't get into AoC I've heard it doesn't have much content at all. Wotlk I've heard is pretty fun from beta testers but if you don't like the grind then play another genre because MMOs are about spending lots of time. Personally I have fun questing and leveling but thats just me.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

Don't get into AoC I've heard it doesn't have much content at all. Wotlk I've heard is pretty fun from beta testers but if you don't like the grind then play another genre because MMOs are about spending lots of time. Personally I have fun questing and leveling but thats just me.crazymaghie123

Agreed. AoC is lacking content, and is horribly unbalanced for a PvP-centric game. If you really don't want more of the same WoW, get WAR. And I agree, most MMO's have a grind of some sort. "Casual MMO" is really a term that doesn't exist.

fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fierce_deity13

My biggest complaint with the grinding in WoW is just that I went through it once with one character, and got him to 70. I experienced the endgame for what it was (the BC endgame mind you), and when I go back to make an alt, it's too tedious to have to go through the same thing I did with my main. Same quests, same areas. If they had more depth in the story, or at least make the leveling a little easier to get an alt up to speed with a main, I would give it a second chance. But all the time that I spent getting my main to what it was, is not exactly the amount of time I want to spend on an alt. It increases replay value for sure, but it does make it quite boring after awhile.

I don't mean to offend WoW players, but I liked WoW for what it was, and now that I'm bored, I wonder if Wrath will make it THAT much better (not another BC), or whether I should find another MMO, or better yet, just quit on MMOs all together. I thank you all for the responses, I think I've already made up my mind though. Thanks.

DinAmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DinAmar
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

If you don't find it fun anymore, don't play it. I seriously doubt that an expansion will revolutionise WoW's gameplay - they've found a formula, and will cling to it. You'll get more content, so if that tickes your fancy, great. But you'll be doing the same things, albeit in new places with some new faces.

In my opinion, you should do yourself a favour and get out of MMOs now. Like, NOW. ;P