A good realistic STREET driving game for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#1 Jedo
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

So, I already know about Test Drive Unlimited. I also know about it's sequel that's supposed to have terrible handling.

I know about City Car Driving. I actually tried it and thought that there was something very seriously wrong with the handling (though other people don't seem to have my problem). I will try it again later.

Finally, I recall playing Need For Speed Underground 2 long time ago but it had 0 accent on realism. I don't know about more recent NFS games.

Does anyone know of any other 3D street driving sim or are TDU and City Car Driving pretty much it?

By "sim" I mean option for manual transmission (I have an H shifter) and some sort of realistic handling.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Jedo said:

So, I already know about Test Drive Unlimited. I also know about it's sequel that's supposed to have terrible handling.

I know about City Car Driving. I actually tried it and thought that there was something very seriously wrong with the handling (though other people don't seem to have my problem). I will try it again later.

Finally, I recall playing Need For Speed Underground 2 long time ago but it had 0 accent on realism. I don't know about more recent NFS games.

Does anyone know of any other 3D street driving sim or are TDU and City Car Driving pretty much it?

By "sim" I mean option for manual transmission (I have an H shifter) and some sort of realistic handling.

buggy boy

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Euro Truck Simulator 2...seriously, it's kind of fun.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Jedo said:

I wish Forza Horizon was out on PC, IMO it's the way TDU 2 supposed to be released.

I enjoy original TDU very much, but servers for this game are down and you only left with TDU 2 which is a crap of a game.

If you can get TDU and you're fine that you don't be able to play online get it; other than that if you own Xbox 360 get Forza Horizon.

EDIT: you can also try Euro Truck Sim 2 which is very fun IMO, if you don't mind driving a truck, it also got online radios from all over europe built in the game.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

I third Euro Truck simulator 2....I love that game

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

racedriver grid?

Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#7 Jedo
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

Ah, this is pretty much what I thought. This seems to be a rare breed.

Yes, I got the Eur Truck Sim 2 as well, it's just not a car game :P Sadly Forza Horizon is not on PC. Neither is Midnight Club LA. Street driving sims are rare to begin with (I'm not counting NFS) and some of the better ones are stuck with particular consoles. Sad.

If anyone knows of any upcoming street driving sims please let me know.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@caseystryker: yeah I agree euro truck simulator 2 is really good.

Bus simulator is ok too, although it took me half an hour to work out how to get the bus moving.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By naz99

@Jedo said:

Ah, this is pretty much what I thought. This seems to be a rare breed.

Yes, I got the Eur Truck Sim 2 as well, it's just not a car game :P Sadly Forza Horizon is not on PC. Neither is Midnight Club LA. Street driving sims are rare to begin with (I'm not counting NFS) and some of the better ones are stuck with particular consoles. Sad.

If anyone knows of any upcoming street driving sims please let me know.

You didn't say Car game you Didn't even say racing game you said "Street driving game" :P

static_roller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By static_roller
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but there aren't too many games like this around so I thought I'd mention a game called Drive Isle, it's an open world driving game in style of TDU with quite realistic driving physics. It's still under development, but there's an public alpha available. You can find some videos of it on Youtube too..

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

Well after the TDU online servers went down. I downloaded a modded patch 1.66b, replaced almost half the vehicles with new ones and made small adjustments to the handling engine with newer better audio for car sounds.

It is for me still the best open world driving game and i am glad i modded it.. try it out. I love driving around on my g27 with a 1200bhp Supra lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I don't know about street driving, but GTR2 is a damn realistic driving game. It really is a sim

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 naz99

Also Beam NG

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@static_roller said:

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but there aren't too many games like this around so I thought I'd mention a game called Drive Isle, it's an open world driving game in style of TDU with quite realistic driving physics. It's still under development, but there's an public alpha available. You can find some videos of it on Youtube too..

If an existing thread that covers a similar topic to something you'd like to discuss, feel free to make a new thread. However, bumping old threads is specifically against the rules so I have to lock this one.

-Byshop