• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

110706 040147

The first Hitman 5 teaser has been uploaded to Eurogamer.

Watch it here.

Deathykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Deathykins
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts

Finally! The Hitman series has so much potential with current gen hardware it isn't even funny.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Finally! The Hitman series has so much potential with current gen hardware it isn't even funny.

Deathykins
"potential with current hardware" I dont even know where you coming from with what. Hitman has the potential of being a great game as long they dont turn it into a gears of war clone (it is more apropriate than cod clone in this case) and dont make the levels small and linear because of the current consoles (see crysis 2) also yeah that is console hardware, hitman has always being a console game.
Deathykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deathykins
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts

[QUOTE="Deathykins"]

dakan45

"potential with current hardware" I dont even know where you coming from with what. Hitman has the potential of being a great game as long they dont turn it into a gears of war clone (it is more apropriate than cod clone in this case) and dont make the levels small and linear because of the current consoles (see crysis 2) also yeah that is console hardware, hitman has always being a console game.

It's no secret that the better the hardware they have at their disposal, the bigger the scale of the game can be. Like you said, it can be great as long as they don't make the levels small. With better hardware, they have the potential to make massive levels, which for a series like Hitman, if done correctly, can mean amazing things. They'll likely not tap into that potential, and it will likely be a good game as it always has been. But, its called potential for a reason, right?

Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

110706 040147

The first Hitman 5 teaser has been uploaded to Eurogamer.

Watch it here.

AleksandarTale
after witcher 2 and skyrim were announced this is the next biggest news for me !!! i thought they ended it with blood money !!! awesome awesome awesome!!!
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Deathykins"]

Deathykins

It's no secret that the better the hardware they have at their disposal, the bigger the scale of the game can be. Like you said, it can be great as long as they don't make the levels small. With better hardware, they have the potential to make massive levels, which for a series like Hitman, if done correctly, can mean amazing things. They'll likely not tap into that potential, and it will likely be a good game as it always has been. But, its called potential for a reason, right?

Its no secret, but consoles nowadays stream in order to achieve those graphics... not that pc doesnt (i guess witcher 2 will show) great graphics are complex, its easier to make a huge level in ps1 with low res and fog everywhere rather a smaller more complicated map. It is more propable they will go for consoles and make the game smaller in order to run and look good. Every game can be so much more if pc hardware were used properly, but so far....well lets see witcher 2.

Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Max_Payne2011
Member since 2011 • 67 Posts
Hitman series is the best. But I guess IO should come up with something bigger than previous Hitman games, like Better character physics. Ragdoll and Havok are so outdated. think about Euphouria or something, Hitman with euphoria would be awesome.
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Max_Payne2011
looks like a real one, definitly not fake.
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Max_Payne2011
11 07 06 is the release date. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

Deathykins

the levels were never small to me, some already felt a little empty actually. besides, in hitman it's very important to know what and who is where (and usually also when) so i think bigger levels could easily make it overwhelming and i personally doubt it will make a better game.

anyway, i hope it will rock but since the stealth genre has basically died on us since the last instalment, and not many seem to care, i tend to think a new hitman game will not be what i like to see in a hitman game.

Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Max_Payne2011
checkout the website HITMAN.com
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Max_Payne2011
the official announcement http://release.square-enix.com/na/2011/05/10_01.html
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AleksandarTale

11 07 06 is the release date. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Max_Payne2011

Wow... that kinda makes sense. That's not his original barcode tattoo. But is this just a rumor or do you have a source?

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

have they been developing it all this time, or did they leave it for awhile?

i hope it has been in development all this time, hitman would be great with really in depth gameplay.

it doesn't need to be free roaming on a massive scale, just keep it the same as before.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
11 07 06 is the release date. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Max_Payne2011
it was released 5 years ago? wow.
IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts
[QUOTE="Max_Payne2011"]11 07 06 is the release date. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate bonafidetk

cant tell if you're joking but Im sure you're aware the year comes first on european dating anyway I'd be surprised if the game was released so soon.
Avatar image for deactivated-597bb01c846a2
deactivated-597bb01c846a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#18 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Member since 2011 • 1495 Posts
I have hundreds of hours in Blood Money. Absolution is going to be absolutely awesome.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

have they been developing it all this time, or did they leave it for awhile?

i hope it has been in development all this time, hitman would be great with really in depth gameplay.

it doesn't need to be free roaming on a massive scale, just keep it the same as before.

PcGamingRig

indeed, Hitman is a game that benefits greatly from a focused level design (I'd say "small level design", but that sounds like a negative).

I loved Blood Money, one of my favorite games of all time, but at times I thought the levels were a bit too much. That Mardi Gras level was a bit too big. f they wanted to expand vertically, that'd be awesome, but as far as expanding horizontally I think they could scale it back a bit.

anyway, VERY EXCITED! I just grabbed my shoelaces between my hands like some piano wire lol

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#20 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
iO interactive's only good franchise returns. Oh yeah.
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Max_Payne2011
[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="Max_Payne2011"]11 07 06 is the release date. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate IZoMBiEI

cant tell if you're joking but Im sure you're aware the year comes first on european dating anyway I'd be surprised if the game was released so soon.

It's the date for e3 2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
iO interactive's only good franchise returns. Oh yeah.nutcrackr
Freedom Fighters is another great game by them, but aside from that, all they have is Kane and Lynch and some Mini Ninjas game.
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
It has been too long. Welcome back Agent 47.
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Same_Jeans_On
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
Good game franchise makes a return.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

no love for Freedom Fighters and Mini Ninjas?

:cry:

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#26 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
I've been a big fan since the first one. Blood Money was definitely the best so far, but it's 5 years old. I can't wait for a new Hitman sequel, been too long.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="Max_Payne2011"]11 07 06 is the release date. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate IZoMBiEI

This. Seems so soon in terms of news just coming out now. But they had a long time to work on this game since their last outing. I hope it does release later this year. I'm sure they would love to push this game out before the big hitters... so this date seems plausible.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#28 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Sooo, you're the snake right? I haven't bought a hitman game in a while :(
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Elann2008
Sooo, you're the snake right? I haven't bought a hitman game in a while :( biggest_loser
Well if you do get to play as the snake, the FOV is going to be terrible. I'm calling it! Consolized!
commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

finally.....agent 47 show some silent action...

Ownsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ownsin
Member since 2007 • 1331 Posts
Not really! they also have Freedom Fighters which is amazingly awesome!
snared04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#32 snared04
Member since 2009 • 455 Posts

I'm excited about it regardless... but I'm not sure where the snake comes in...

Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Max_Payne2011
The snake is a symbol of those who betrayed Agent 47 as the devs say; "betrayed by the ones he once trusted"
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Max_Payne2011
it will be released in 2012, damn I can't wait any longer. May be this long development cycle is because of the acquisition of square enix
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

I love hitman, I knew a new hitman was about to be announced... So I went ahead and bought the Hitman Blood money back during the last sale they had of it, and played all the way through it, in preparation for this game.

Lex224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lex224
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

The year doesn't come first on European date formats. Only the day and month are swapped from the US format...

Anyways, exciting news!

sexygirl6t9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sexygirl6t9
Member since 2011 • 237 Posts
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is the best out of the series no contest. I actually played it on console and it was fantastic. I played certain missions over and over. The games that followed SA though were crap. My friend and I were talking about it. Blood Money on PC is pure garbage gameplay wise. Maybe it's better on console, I will never know. SA 2 looked great for it's time and that was on console. But the new one better take advantage of a good engine.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is the best out of the series no contest. I actually played it on console and it was fantastic. I played certain missions over and over. The games that followed SA though were crap. My friend and I were talking about it. Blood Money on PC is pure garbage gameplay wise. Maybe it's better on console, I will never know. SA 2 looked great for it's time and that was on console. But the new one better take advantage of a good engine.sexygirl6t9

Yeah SA was definitely the best so far, but Blood money wasn't too-oo bad lol, it was better than contracts in my opinion. I really hope that the new one is gonna be awesome. I am going to end up getting more splinter cell games and whatnot and games of the like to hold me over till then lol.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Very excited for this. This, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 2, GW 2, BF3....so many games this year! :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
[QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"]Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is the best out of the series no contest. I actually played it on console and it was fantastic. I played certain missions over and over. The games that followed SA though were crap. My friend and I were talking about it. Blood Money on PC is pure garbage gameplay wise. Maybe it's better on console, I will never know. SA 2 looked great for it's time and that was on console. But the new one better take advantage of a good engine.

Meh... Hitman: Blood Money is way more fun, and this is coming from someone who's been with the series since the first. Blood Money allows for more freedom in terms of how you perform your executions, and it's not nearly as frustrating in difficulty, making it a much more accessible game. Furthermore, the controls and mechanics are smoother, making it much less of a daunting task to sneak up behind a target. There are plenty of other improvements in Contracts and Blood Money that I could list, but I think I'll just leave it at that. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was great for it's time, but now it doesn't really stack up to Blood Money. In my eyes, throwing out difficulty in favor of more variety and pure fun is preferable.
sexygirl6t9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sexygirl6t9
[QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"]Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is the best out of the series no contest. I actually played it on console and it was fantastic. I played certain missions over and over. The games that followed SA though were crap. My friend and I were talking about it. Blood Money on PC is pure garbage gameplay wise. Maybe it's better on console, I will never know. SA 2 looked great for it's time and that was on console. But the new one better take advantage of a good engine.

Meh... Hitman: Blood Money is way more fun, and this is coming from someone who's been with the series since the first. Blood Money allows for more freedom in terms of how you perform your executions, and it's not nearly as frustrating in difficulty, making it a much more accessible game. Furthermore, the controls and mechanics are smoother, making it much less of a daunting task to sneak up behind a target. There are plenty of other improvements in Contracts and Blood Money that I could list, but I think I'll just leave it at that. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was great for it's time, but now it doesn't really stack up to Blood Money. In my eyes, throwing out difficulty in favor of more variety and pure fun is preferable.

Are you serious? Blood Money on Console or PC? I played it on PC and it was a huge let down. The controls felt like garbage. I had trouble interacting with weapons at times and enemies were beyond stupid.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Elann2008
[QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"][QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"]Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is the best out of the series no contest. I actually played it on console and it was fantastic. I played certain missions over and over. The games that followed SA though were crap. My friend and I were talking about it. Blood Money on PC is pure garbage gameplay wise. Maybe it's better on console, I will never know. SA 2 looked great for it's time and that was on console. But the new one better take advantage of a good engine.

Are you serious? Blood Money on Console or PC? I played it on PC and it was a huge let down. The controls felt like garbage. I had trouble interacting with weapons at times and enemies were beyond stupid.

I actually prefer Blood Money as well.
sexygirl6t9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sexygirl6t9
this forum has gone to hell! LOL!
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AleksandarTale

You thought LA Noire's technology was cool?

You thought Avatar was cool?

Hitman using the same technology, performance capture in same studio that Cameron used for Avatar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
[QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"][QUOTE="Diophage"][QUOTE="sexygirl6t9"]Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is the best out of the series no contest. I actually played it on console and it was fantastic. I played certain missions over and over. The games that followed SA though were crap. My friend and I were talking about it. Blood Money on PC is pure garbage gameplay wise. Maybe it's better on console, I will never know. SA 2 looked great for it's time and that was on console. But the new one better take advantage of a good engine.

The PC version is superior. I didn't have any trouble with the controls. Besides, they're re-mappable, if you don't like them. And at least, Blood Money doesn't have psychic enemies that overreact to your every single movie (god, was that annoying).
FatSlasH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FatSlasH
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts

hitman has always being a console gamedakan45

?

It started out on PC, and it requires a lot of patience which is not typically what console gamers have :P

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]iO interactive's only good franchise returns. Oh yeah.Ownsin
Not really! they also have Freedom Fighters which is amazingly awesome!

Agreed, but it was only one game. You need more than one to be declared a franchise.
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Max_Payne2011

You thought LA Noire's technology was cool?

You thought Avatar was cool?

Hitman using the same technology, performance capture in same studio that Cameron used for Avatar.

AleksandarTale
AWESOME
Max_Payne2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Max_Payne2011

THE assassin is coming !