43 hours into Skyrim, burned out already.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I finished the main quest, the civil war quests, and the Companions guild quests. I also finished a multitude of other quests, been to over 120 locations, killed 20 dragons, and cleared out around 30 dungeons. I am 43 hours in, and I am burned out by Skyrim. Plus, some quests I have in my journal are bugged and can't be completed because the next event refuses to trigger. Oh well. Go figure.

Well, gentlemen, Skyrim has been a great ride, but I am putting it down now. The bugs are finally getting to me. I'm going to wait until mods come out next year before revisiting the game. I might try to finish the Thieves Guild, the College of Winterhold, and the Dark Brotherhood questlines this Thanksgiving, but other than that, I am done with this game.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
82hrs in and still having a blast.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Capitalist

82hrs in and still having a blast. IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Damn. And I thought I was hardcore, putting at least five hours into it per day.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I think I've played about 48 hours and still loving it. Haven't touched the main quests or stormcloak / empire quests. So much to explore and so many adventurous side quests it never seems to end !

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Capitalist

I think I've played about 48 hours and still loving it. Haven't touched the main quests or stormcloak / empire quests. So much to explore and so many adventurous side quests it never seems to end !

nooblet69

There are a lot of randomly generated quests in this game. The game never will end.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

[QUOTE="nooblet69"]

The_Capitalist

There are a lot of randomly generated quests in this game. The game never will end.

Ye, I mean the non random ones though :P. Just finished the companions for instance and doing black brotherhood. Also doing quests in main cities and towns and stuff. And stop at interesting looking spots or clear random dungeons every now and again. It's just such a beautiful, artistic game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I find that when things start getting to easy, I just up the difficulty to master so it slows things down a bit.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

I finished the main quest, the civil war quests, and the Companions guild quests. I also finished a multitude of other quests, been to over 120 locations, killed 20 dragons, and cleared out around 30 dungeons. I am 43 hours in, and I am burned out by Skyrim. Plus, some quests I have in my journal are bugged and can't be completed because the next event refuses to trigger. Oh well. Go figure.

Well, gentlemen, Skyrim has been a great ride, but I am putting it down now. The bugs are finally getting to me. I'm going to wait until mods come out next year before revisiting the game. I might try to finish the Thieves Guild, the College of Winterhold, and the Dark Brotherhood questlines this Thanksgiving, but other than that, I am done with this game.

The_Capitalist
What bugs?! The only bug ive encountered in over 60 hours of playing is a dragon not giving me a soul.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Capitalist

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

Prexxus

What bugs?! The only bug ive encountered in over 60 hours of playing is a dragon not giving me a soul.

A few quests have been broken for me. For example you that quest where you transcribe an Elder Scroll? That one won't proceed. And a few of the randomly generated quests broke as well.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Good lord.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Was this thread really necessary? Its more fitting for a blog type thing and we have an official Skyrim thread. why not just post it there? What does this thread achieve?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"]82hrs in and still having a blast. The_Capitalist

Damn. And I thought I was hardcore, putting at least five hours into it per day.

Do u guys work/study? How the hell do u find the time?
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Capitalist

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"]82hrs in and still having a blast. FelipeInside

I am a student and I work, but I always find the time.

koen57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 koen57
Member since 2005 • 75 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

8 Hours of work 8 hours of sleep 5 hours of skyrim 3 hours for random stuff Yeh it can be done by anyone without kids/family/social life :P
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

The_Capitalist

I am a student and I work, but I always find the time.

Good to hear. I guess where I live the day must have less hours, lol.... cause I could never fit 5 hrs into gaming per day. I barely get 1-2 hrs if that.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art style. The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming).
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Thats to bad, I am 54 hours into it and I feel like ive barely scrathed the surface of the game. I have only done 4 main quests and 6 side quests, the rest have been guild quests and MISC quests.

I can see myself playing 200 hour atleast before I get bored or burned out, there is just so many missions to do.

Hated Oblivion and Fallout3, loving Skyrim though, its Bethesdas best game since Morrowidn imo. They pretty much fixed 90% of hte issues I had with Oblivion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art **** The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). KHAndAnime

I agree with ur post about the graphics....it's really pretty in most parts but has a few issues in others.

I can't see what u mean by cartoonish art s.tyle though...

ss

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Think I reached that point as well. Doesn't make sense anymore to do fetch quests for farmers, I'm the damn Archmage and Dragonborn. Guess I will finish the main quest and retire for a while, or maybe start a warrior or a thief.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art **** The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). FelipeInside

I agree with ur post about the graphics....it's really pretty in most parts but has a few issues in others.

I said almost-cartoonish. Has to do with the exaggerated faces, coloring, and certain environmental details (subtle stuff). The graphics are dated technically but uses the art ****to come off as much more appealing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art **** The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). KHAndAnime

I said almost-cartoonish. Has to do with the exaggerated faces, coloring, and certain environmental details (subtle stuff). The graphics are dated technically but uses the art ****to come off as much more appealing.

Ahh ok. Weird, I never myself would have called it anywhere near cartoonish... I think they were going for a more realistic display.... but oh well.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

Ahh ok. Weird, I never myself would have called it anywhere near cartoonish... I think they were going for a more realistic display.... but oh well.

It's hard to go for a realistic display without technically proficient graphics. It's pretty clear to me that they relied heavily on art-st*le this time around to bolster the game's overall visual look, due to the dated hardware used by the consoles.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

50hrs in and i havent really tocuhed the main quest besides visiting the greybeards

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

Kind of cheated, I had 5 days off starting 11/11. I work 40hrs/week though!
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Capitalist

I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art style. The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). KHAndAnime

At a distance, the game is beautiful. But, yeah, the textures could use some work up close.

For a game this complex, I am surprised they managed to script so many things without making it completely unplayable. Complain all you want, but unless you have done computer programming, you won't appreciate the amount of QA that was obviously put into this game. A few bugs are inevitable.

Cartoonish? I don't find the art style cartoonish at all. It tries to be more photorealistic than anything.

The game is unbridled fun. It's not the state-of-the-art title that bourgeoisie PC gamers are looking for, but for it is, it's an excellent game.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

Nope. Unemployed and out of school. Its awesome and sucks at the same time. Im probably gaming 7+ hours a day.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wis3boi

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art style. The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). The_Capitalist

At a distance, the game is beautiful. But, yeah, the textures could use some work up close.

For a game this complex, I am surprised they managed to script so many things without making it completely unplayable. Complain all you want, but unless you have done computer programming, you won't appreciate the amount of QA that was obviously put into this game. A few bugs are inevitable.

Cartoonish? I don't find the art style cartoonish at all. It tries to be more photorealistic than anything.

The game is unbridled fun. It's not the state-of-the-art title that bourgeoisie PC gamers are looking for, but for it is, it's an excellent game.

Exactly. I have done loads of programming, scripting, and TES modding, and the engine is really a masterpiece considering how large the worlds are. Also, use the FXAA inejctor mod, and the game looks like The Witcher 2...truely amazing color correction and it really makes all the textures pop out and have vibrant detail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art style. The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). The_Capitalist

This game is beyond complex. The sheer amount of content that is on there is staggering. A game half the size is an achievement but this game just keeps going and going. And the world is absolutely massive but never feels empty (Despite what others say).

One complaint I have is that Bethesda suck at testing. Sure they nail the key core components but their games are always bugged as hell and it doesn't take a long play session to show them that need to be fixed. Which makes me think they just finished it off and sent it out without sitting people down to test it. Play it for an hour and you will get a bug.

Also they suck at optimisation. To go from 60+ outside on a mountain and slowly drop as I approach a village and then get to the 20's is horrid. Its the biggest thing they need to fix. I can live with bugs but a choppy ass game I can't.

But don't get me wrong I still adore the game lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Exactly. I have done loads of programming, scripting, and TES modding, and the engine is really a masterpiece considering how large the worlds are. Also, use the FXAA inejctor mod, and the game looks like The Witcher 2...truely amazing color correction and it really makes all the textures pop out and have vibrant detailwis3boi

it is hugely reminiscent of the witcher 2 and its the first thing i said when I loaded it up :P

Its amazing the difference from such a simple tweak. It brings the whole world to life and makes it pop

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside
Where would one get that mod? Is is easy to install? Does the performance slow down? I'm afraid to install mods cause I've heard sometimes they stuff up ur saves
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Where would one get that mod? Is is easy to install? Does the performance slow down? I'm afraid to install mods cause I've heard sometimes they stuff up ur saves

mods have nothing to do with your saves unless you really really really start to alter the way the game functions on a mass scale
LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

I'm about 55 hours in and still having a BLAST! I don't think i'll burn out...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

I hate to say it but I am also, I love the game, but after 35 hrs, dungeons/store loot/ sell loot/ repeat seems to become stale right now. taking a break and playing halo Ce remake. Tried to play a few times today and couldnt get into it.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#34 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Someone played a game 40+ hours in 7 days and is getting burned out on it?

No way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Someone played a game 40+ hours in 7 days and is getting burned out on it?

No way.

vfibsux
Lol, you could be on to something.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Where would one get that mod? Is is easy to install? Does the performance slow down? I'm afraid to install mods cause I've heard sometimes they stuff up ur saves

mods have nothing to do with your saves unless you really really really start to alter the way the game functions on a mass scale

I installed the mod (saves worked) and WOW, what a difference. I no longer have issues with the graphics. EVERYONE: you should install this mod (FXAA Injector Mod), also bring ur DIGITAL VIBRANCE (Nvidia Control Panel) up to 70% and the game looks amazing (ATI users should also have something like that)
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

Guess what: I have done computer programming for 2+ years. I'm surprised you find the game so complex considering the AI is a minor expansion upon what already existed in Oblivion. And I don't feel like I've seen anything done programming-wise that hasn't already been done (to death) by modders. A lot of the bugs I encounter from a programming standpoint could've been fixed with a little foresight on their behalf (such as more conditional-checks for quests). And the game looks far from photorealistic. If that's what they were going for, it's a complete failure. Crysis looks much more photorealistic and came out four years ago. One example:Go play Morrowind and Oblivion and look at the races. The facial features of each race get more and more exaggerated as time went on. The elves look really silly now if anything. The game also uses lots of really basic effects (wind, distant clouds on mountains, fog), which in turn gives the game a very stylized look.

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

This game is beyond complex. The sheer amount of content that is on there is staggering. A game half the size is an achievement but this game just keeps going and going. And the world is absolutely massive but never feels empty (Despite what others say).

One complaint I have is that Bethesda suck at testing. Sure they nail the key core components but their games are always bugged as hell and it doesn't take a long play session to show them that need to be fixed. Which makes me think they just finished it off and sent it out without sitting people down to test it. Play it for an hour and you will get a bug.

Also they suck at optimisation. To go from 60+ outside on a mountain and slowly drop as I approach a village and then get to the 20's is horrid. Its the biggest thing they need to fix. I can live with bugs but a choppy ass game I can't.

But don't get me wrong I still adore the game lol

I don't really consider content to correlate to more complexity. From the standpoint of how many quests are in the game - yes, there are plenty, and you could consider the amount of writing and effort that went into it, but the overall experience comes off to me as shallow. Honestly I feel like Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption was much more impressive from an open-world sandbox standpoint.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art style. The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). KHAndAnime

Sounds like either A: you didn't do your homework or B: you jumped onto the hype train.

OT: 37 hours in and still sucked in.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I was "burned out" four hours in. Really just nothing drives me to play it further. The game's world and atmosphere was terribly overhyped. It's Oblivion but in the Nordland with Vikings. What really bothers me is the low resolution graphics and almost-cartoonish art style. The game did a good job of implementing ideas taken from mods that existed for Morrowind and Oblivion. Really buggy AI and poorly programmed quests as well (feels like a dozen of the quests I've done suffered from poor programming). Cwagmire21

Sounds like either A: you didn't do your homework or B: you jumped onto the hype train.

OT: 37 hours in and still sucked in.

What homework? I had absolutely no hype for the game whatsoever. I wouldn't even have played it if not for a friend lending me his copy. I had the lowest expectations for this game to begin with.
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

I'm 56 hours in and am VERY far from burning out

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Prexxus

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

KHAndAnime

It's hard to go for a realistic display without technically proficient graphics. It's pretty clear to me that they relied heavily on art-st*le this time around to bolster the game's overall visual look, due to the dated hardware used by the consoles.

Rofl, here we go again! Dem darn consoles!

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Prexxus

So the reason why Skyrim doesn't use DX10/DX11 isn't because it's a multiplatform game with a focus on 360/PS3 sales? Please, enlighten me with your amazing insight and knowledge.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm at about 40 hours or so in.. although I haven't touched it in a week due to school and work (both) full-time. Wish I could play more often. Because of this, I feel like I'm losing immersion in Skyrim and I hope I could get that special feeling back. It still stands as my GOTY but that can easily change with the upcoming Batman Arkham City, or even Revelations although i doubt it? I still haven't played Uncharted 3 either. I'm still having a blast when I do have a chance to play Skyrim. And it's rare for me to invest that many hours into a game. Dragon Age 2 being the second longest time played this year with 45 hours. Skyrim, I predict will be well over 100 hours into the last weeks of winter. But I tend to play every good to great game out there, and I prefer not to invest my time into only one game.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Prexxus
[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] It's hard to go for a realistic display without technically proficient graphics. It's pretty clear to me that they relied heavily on art-st*le this time around to bolster the game's overall visual look, due to the dated hardware used by the consoles.

KHAndAnime

So the reason why Skyrim doesn't use DX10/DX11 isn't because it's a multiplatform game with a focus on 360/PS3 sales? Please, enlighten me with your amazing insight and knowledge.

Oh heavens no dx10 or 11?! Preposterous. I'm gonna have me a word with them consolite kids.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
I don't really consider content to correlate to more complexity. From the standpoint of how many quests are in the game - yes, there are plenty, and you could consider the amount of writing and effort that went into it, but the overall experience comes off to me as shallow. Honestly I feel like Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption was much more impressive from an open-world sandbox standpoint.KHAndAnime
Aye RDR, despite being a console only game(which really has no bearing on the quality of the game itself or the sophistication of the game engine), did show off some of Rockstar's muscle, albeit I was more impressed by Red Faction 3: Guerrilla and Just Cause 2. I haven't played Skyrim enough to really comment on it much but the AI and combat are about as strong(weak) as we saw with Oblivion. Still, looting and punching out armies worth of wild and non-wild life can be rather therapeutic.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="Prexxus"]

Prexxus

Oh heavens no dx10 or 11?! Preposterous. I'm gonna have me a word with them consolite kids.

Lol, so true.. Skyrim looks amazing. I'm playing it maxed out, Ultra, with SSAO, on a 1200p monitor and it's clearly better looking than many games of this gen. Sure, there are low-res textures here and there in dungeons, but that doesn't excuse other games for doing the same thing. It might not be particle-effects-crazy-good like Crysis 1, but that was never its aim. I'm sure if Skyrim used DX10/DX11, then it would look noticeably better. But we're dealing with an engine that Bethesda has been using since 2006-2007 up until its release. They did a fine job at bringing it up to date and it looks great.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="Prexxus"]

Prexxus

Don't you have something better to do than troll the PC Section on Gamespot? I think Skyrim has very impressive graphics for an open-world multiplatform RPG. There's absolutely nothing wrong with focusing on a game's visual art styl'e opposed to boasting the highest quality graphical effects. You're completely misdirecting the discussion as if this is a topic in System Wars and trying to create an argument out of thin air. Might I suggest you stay there instead?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="Prexxus"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] So the reason why Skyrim doesn't use DX10/DX11 isn't because it's a multiplatform game with a focus on 360/PS3 sales? Please, enlighten me with your amazing insight and knowledge.Elann2008

Lol, so true.. Skyrim looks amazing. I'm playing it maxed out, Ultra, with SSAO, on a 1200p monitor and it's clearly better looking than many games of this gen. Sure, there are low-res textures here and there in dungeons, but that doesn't excuse other games for doing the same thing. It might not be particle-effects-crazy-good like Crysis 1, but that was never its aim. I'm sure if Skyrim used DX10/DX11, then it would look noticeably better. But we're dealing with an engine that Bethesda has been using since 2006-2007 up until its release. They did a fine job at bringing it up to date and it looks great.

I've never seen any recent games use low-resolution textures as consistently as Skyrim yet still get praised for looking amazing. Pretty much everything from a distance looks very good, but when you get closer - it all begins to look quite ugly. I'm not rocking 1200P, but 1080P did a good enough job at emphasizing the areas that need improvement graphically.

Thankfully, all of my complaints will be taken care of mods that hopefully will be released in the near future.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Thankfully, all of my complaints will be taken care of mods that hopefully will be released in the near future.KHAndAnime
Well there's one thing, Skyrim while the vanilla version isn't as strong as it could be can depend on its supposed flexibility and mod support, although we haven't seen the Creation engine SDK yet so things could be far better/worse than what we predict for Skyrim as far as modding goes.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

I would just ignore him. He was never going to like Skyrim. He was hating on the game way before it even came out. He already made up in his mind that he would hate the game. So he's going to play the game focusing on every possible detail to self fulfill his prophecy. Just look at his comments about the game. He has no idea what he is talking about.