Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

NO SPOILERS FROM PS4 OWNERS PLEASE

Not been this excited about a game since Star Trek Bridge commander. I not been following no mans sky though I have only been looking forward to it this last 2 month. Bridge commander though I was looking forward to it be for it turned Alpha. First game also where I knew they had stages in making PC games. On one of there web sites they had status checker and when it was at pre alpha and changed to alpha every one was partying lol. Any way just another 24 hours and a couple of mins. 18:00 GMT seems abit of a strange time to me but cant do anything about it.

Smoke me a kipper il be back for breakfast.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm planning on getting it though my expectations are very middling. I've not typically been huge on survival games but the idea of hopping between planets without loading screens is very appealing to me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

There's a huge controversy going on right now about the "multiplayer" aspect of it.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skipper847

I don't think he knew it was going to be this popular to be honest.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2466 Posts

Early impressions seem to be disappointing a la Spore. Probably wait for holiday Steam sale.

Another gaming fail. Sigh.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

Based on the stuff I've read about it I'm not too interested anymore.

I'm sure there's people who will love it but it sounds far to repetitive and shallow for me. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale after some sick mods that add content into the game are made.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@attirex said:

Early impressions seem to be disappointing a la Spore. Probably wait for holiday Steam sale.

Where has this been a fail?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I think I'll get it when it goes on sale in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I dont see it as a fail. I played maybe 6 hours on it on PS4, and it is decent in its current state. If they can flesh it out in a few months, itll be on sale for 25-35, and it should be great then.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Played it at a friends house and it's pretty meh imo. It's nothing but the hundredth or so survival crafting game this year. There's very little to do except hunt for crafting resources. You'll spend 90% of your game time breaking rocks open. Also the developers blatantly lying about multiplayer is really shitty. I wouldn't want to support developers like that. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for this and even that's really pushing it.

Watch people stream it on Twitch. It's all breaking rocks and scanning objects.

zZzZzZzZz

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaintSatan

@FelipeInside said:
@attirex said:

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

@saintsatan said:
@FelipeInside said:
@attirex said:

Is that just one review or are they all coming back negative?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintSatan

@FelipeInside: Mixed reviews but I trust Jim Sterling more than any mainstream site.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its really boring, its not a game, its a mining simulator.

Having watched a live stream for 4.5 hours total over 2 days, its really boring.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@saintsatan: Yeah, the games probably pretty boring... if it ain't what you're into, just like every other game.

Me? I like survival games, I like Minecraft, and I like Sci-fi. So No Man's Sky sounds like my cup of tea.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/no-mans-sky overall users gave it 5/10, critics gave it 7/10

It's a sh^t game, too much hype for unfinished and unpolished game, well that's one game less sadly for me.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SaintSatan

@mordant221 said:

@saintsatan: Yeah, the games probably pretty boring... if it ain't what you're into, just like every other game.

Me? I like survival games, I like Minecraft, and I like Sci-fi. So No Man's Sky sounds like my cup of tea.

I'm into survival and I loved Minecraft and I think No Man's Sky is absolute trash. I wouldn't even buy it for $10, it's that bad. Luckily I played it for free using a friends family share on PS4 and at his house. He was really disappointed in it. Literally the most exciting thing you do is break rocks. That's the entire game. Rock breaking for crafting items is as deep as the gameplay gets. Try watching a stream for it on Twitch and you'll be bored to freakin tears almost instantly. There's a reason the developers never showed much gameplay, because it's a total snooze fest. Avoid this game like the plague, it's garbage.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@saintsatan said:
@mordant221 said:

I'm into survival and I loved Minecraft and I think No Man's Sky is absolute trash. I wouldn't even buy it for $10, it's that bad. Luckily I played it for free using a friends family share on PS4 and at his house. He was really disappointed in it. Literally the most exciting thing you do is break rocks. That's the entire game. Rock breaking for crafting items is as deep as the gameplay gets. Try watching a stream for it on Twitch and you'll be bored to freakin tears almost instantly. There's a reason the developers never showed much gameplay, because it's a total snooze fest. Avoid this game like the plague, it's garbage.

I think the success of this game is mostly what is accomplishes in the programming and scale of everything.

Maybe the actual game is not there yet but it sets a baseline for improvement and for things to come.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

40 hours according to my friend who has it for the PS4.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@GTR12 said:

Having watched a live stream for 4.5 hours total over 2 days, its really boring.

Boring if you dont like exploring, open world. do whateve u want. explore other planets. The streams dont show you everything.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

Played it for a bit on friends place on ps4 and I'm going to skip it

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skipper847

Am I only one getting this for single player?. I always thought it was meant to be single player with online features. Which means not playing with others but got online things like naming planets etc. I always seen him say its single player experience first and this is one reason I bought it?.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@skipper847 said:

Am I only one getting this for single player?. I always thought it was meant to be single player with online features. Which means not playing with others but got online things like naming planets etc. I always seen him say its single player experience first and this is one reason I bought it?.

Nope, you're not the only one.

The whole online database is cool but I'm playing this game as a solo space exploration experience.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

Maybe the actual game is not there yet but it sets a baseline for improvement and for things to come.

Isn't $60 a lot to ask for a game that's "not there yet" or fully baked? I like to buy games, not potential.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@skipper847 said:

NO SPOILERS FROM PS4 OWNERS PLEASE

Not been this excited about a game since Star Trek Bridge commander. I not been following no mans sky though I have only been looking forward to it this last 2 month. Bridge commander though I was looking forward to it be for it turned Alpha. First game also where I knew they had stages in making PC games. On one of there web sites they had status checker and when it was at pre alpha and changed to alpha every one was partying lol. Any way just another 24 hours and a couple of mins. 18:00 GMT seems abit of a strange time to me but cant do anything about it.

Smoke me a kipper il be back for breakfast.

people still buy games without seeing gameplay to see if you will like it?

what is this the 80s and 90s?

i guess its pretty cool to try and feel that sense of wonder again.

but screw that...with all the rip offs these days...im doing my research first.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2466 Posts

When the new Deus Ex comes out in a couple of weeks, everyone will forget about No Man's Sky.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaintSatan

Lol. Don't say I didn't warn ya...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#29 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17836 Posts

@GTR12 said:

Why did u watch it for 4.5 hours if it is so boring? You can tell it is boring right away.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By skipper847

Is there a cheat for save system?.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@saintsatan said:

Almost all of the negative reviews are about optimization though.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Nick3306 said:
@saintsatan said:

Total Biscuit called it "Arkham Knight levels of bad" and rage quit his stream while it had 26k people watching. He has two 1080s and was dipping to 15fps, stuttered really bad, and basically couldn't play it

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts

No Man's Pc can handle it.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

I wonder if any of the performance and stability problems on PC are even fixable. If they were they would have been fixed long ago. Just like mentioned here, the comparison with Arkham Knight... the PC version basically had to be remade to fix its problems...

And this games been in development for years, its unlikely they can fix whats wrong. Sounds like they will just take peoples money and move on. Steam and Gog both offer refunds so it makes you wonder how well they will do though.

I watched some of the gamespot and IGN review in progress videos and they both had many lockups even on the PS4 version, and that hardware is static. PC's have hundreds of different hardware configurations... I fear they will never get it working. Really... how often do console games lock up? Not often unless the game is complete junk.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By skipper847

Well I have played 2 hours and so far a lot better then ED is. Only problem I have with graphics is that textures don't seem to load quick enough and looks like a hologram appears then textures but it only there for a split second. Still annoying though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#36 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

I wonder if any of the performance and stability problems on PC are even fixable. If they were they would have been fixed long ago. Just like mentioned here, the comparison with Arkham Knight... the PC version basically had to be remade to fix its problems...

And this games been in development for years, its unlikely they can fix whats wrong. Sounds like they will just take peoples money and move on. Steam and Gog both offer refunds so it makes you wonder how well they will do though.

I watched some of the gamespot and IGN review in progress videos and they both had many lockups even on the PS4 version, and that hardware is static. PC's have hundreds of different hardware configurations... I fear they will never get it working. Really... how often do console games lock up? Not often unless the game is complete junk.

My cousin bit the bullet, and I have been playing with him for a couple hrs. PErformance is awful and crashes a lot. Both of our rigs slaughter games with much better gfx, and its full of problems. I think he is regretting it. I used my nms money for r6 siege, and deus ex mankind divided. in a couple months this game MIGHT be worth purchasing. Wit these level of graphics, along with the not long draw distance at detail, his rig should be getting 60 fps no problems.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SaintSatan

@wis3boi: @Nick3306: The developer intentionally delayed the PC version to hide how horrid it was so it wouldn't bring negativity towards the PS4 version. No Man's Sky might might have the worst developer of all time. First lying about multiplayer until release date and now this.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@wis3boi said:
@Nick3306 said:
@saintsatan said:

Total Biscuit called it "Arkham Knight levels of bad" and rage quit his stream while it had 26k people watching. He has two 1080s and was dipping to 15fps, stuttered really bad, and basically couldn't play it

Ya almost every friend that I have who bought it says it is unplayable. A few of them say they can't even play the game for more than 5 minutes without it crashing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

@-wildflower- said:
@FelipeInside said:

Isn't $60 a lot to ask for a game that's "not there yet" or fully baked? I like to buy games, not potential.

Yeah the price is a bit heavy but we will see if I get my money's worth or not.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:
@-wildflower- said:
@FelipeInside said:

I wish to see that, might even buy the game, right now I see this game as the biggest fail since DayZ - it got the base and nothing beyond that...

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

If they would release a demo for me to try it out, I'd then make my decision to get this one, though I wanted the PC version but after hearing about it being unplayable, maybe not.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@-wildflower- said:
@FelipeInside said:

I wish to see that, might even buy the game, right now I see this game as the biggest fail since DayZ - it got the base and nothing beyond that...

I saw the 'super secret end of the game, center of the galaxy' thing Sean was hyping up.

This hype train hasn't derailed all the way yet. It's going to be quite a storm I think.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@CommandoAgent said:
@GTR12 said:

Boring if you dont like exploring, open world. do whateve u want. explore other planets. The streams dont show you everything.

Yes they do if the streamer regularly converses with his viewers.

@BassMan said:
@GTR12 said:

Why did u watch it for 4.5 hours if it is so boring? You can tell it is boring right away.

I stuck around cos I like the community and was talking about other stuff in the chat, only around 200 viewers per stream but its regular people and talking always helps.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

So I got the PC version despite all the people having tech issues but I didn't have any issues running the game.

That being said I found the game to be boring. It was fun for an hour but you will quickly notice all the game mechanics are shallow. The only cool thing is the randomly generated worlds but again after seeing a couple planets you realize how similar they all are. And on top of that the horrible inventroy (it's so small you'll fill it in about 5 minutes of gathering...have fun with your adventures when you can't go 10 minutes without having to manage the damn thing) and the game is just plain bad.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

I'm enjoying it, but it's very rough around the edges.

This is why indy studios should not attempt games that are AAA in scope. Or just hire more freaking people to refine the game into something that's more enjoyable to play.

It's not so much the gameplay elements that are bad, but how you interact with them; controls are squirrelly, the visuals are not nearly as good as I was hoping (if you're going to market your game off the notion of exploring visually stunning worlds, they better be visually stunning technically as well as from an art direction point of view), and so forth. Controls are also kind of weird, at least the default ones...speaking of default, frames are set for 30 fps by default so change that!

There are some pretty complex mechanics and while I don't expect or even want a game to hold my hand, some quest log of some sort or waypoints would be nice because right now I have no idea where to find antimatter (can't buy it at the station I am at) and that means I am stuck for the time being in the star system I'm at.

Like I said, a fun game...but rough. If this were an early access title, I'd be impressed. But I just spent 60 dollars on it and I feel suckered.

But, to end on a high note: they said they will support the game for a long time, so I am hopeful the polish will come and the game will be what it should be.

@Croag821 said:

So I got the PC version despite all the people having tech issues but I didn't have any issues running the game.

That being said I found the game to be boring. It was fun for an hour but you will quickly notice all the game mechanics are shallow. The only cool thing is the randomly generated worlds but again after seeing a couple planets you realize how similar they all are. And on top of that the horrible inventroy (it's so small you'll fill it in about 5 minutes of gathering...have fun with your adventures when you can't go 10 minutes without having to manage the damn thing) and the game is just plain bad.

Oh god the inventory, that's the only really hair-pulling part for me. First off, as you said it is small. LIKE REALLY SMALL!

Second, there's essentially two inventories (ship and player), and you can warp stuff to your ship and vice versa, but the range is small so sometimes it's kind of pointless.

And you walk so slow, and sprint really isn't fast either and runs out so quick. Seriously, even if the thing you see is 200 yards away, it's actually faster to run back to your ship, fly there, and land. Yes...it's more efficient to fly a stone's throw away than it is to walk/run there.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@-wildflower- said:
@FelipeInside said:

DayZ though didn't bring anything new to the table. It was basically a mod with an open world map.

NMS on the other hand has created an algorithm to create the biggest map we have ever seen with a 3GB install. Imagine this technology 10 years down the track for gaming.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#47 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I bought it thinking i'd use steam refund if I didn't like what I saw, and ended up going that route.

It runs OK for me - some frame drops when flying into a new planet while it loads the terrain but pretty smooth otherwise. I just don't enjoy the gameplay based on the first couple hours. Its like they took the dull planet exploration from Mass Effect 1 and combined it with the dull planet scanning from ME2. The idea of flying around between randomly generated planets is really cool but most of the planets just seem boring and ugly from what I played and the mining/crafting/survival gameplay has never appealed to me (never been into those types of games in the past either).

I went in knowing that resourcing collecting, crafting and exploring were the main elements but I expected the exploration to have a stronger pull than it does. The sense of discovery I get from something like Stalker or Fallout just isn't there, and I guess that is what I was looking for, atmosphere over finding something unique that no one else has. I don't think its necessarily a bad game, just not something I'm interested in right now.

I might pick it back up when its cheaper and has seen some patches with added features but I can't see it holding my interest for more than 10 hour at this stage.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside: This game doesn't bring anything new to the table neither, you can land on planets on Elite Dangerous as well, are you excited about gathering stuff? Minecraft will do that for less money and with more content.

Biggest map? doubt they've pass Arma 3 sized maps, you can walk for hours on foot from side to side, someone recorded talking a heli from side to side at 170Mph it took him 7 min.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 skipper847

This is better graphics then ED even though the colours are different it just adds to the alien look.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside: This game doesn't bring anything new to the table neither, you can land on planets on Elite Dangerous as well, are you excited about gathering stuff? Minecraft will do that for less money and with more content.

Biggest map? doubt they've pass Arma 3 sized maps, you can walk for hours on foot from side to side, someone recorded talking a heli from side to side at 170Mph it took him 7 min.

I don't know much about Elite but does it also have procedural generated planets, wildlife and flora? Like I said before, NMS is a bit bare at the moment. It's more of a crafting simulator with exploration and a bit of combat. I'm more excited about the technology and what the future brings. Even NMS with some more features will probably get better.

As for map size, I'm talking about the whole universe simulated into the game. It was said it would take someone 5 billion years to explore the whole map. Arma3 map is huge, but it's just one region. A planet in NMS is that, a WHOLE planet sized map.