This topic is locked from further discussion.

jpm27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jpm27
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts

So, I've been away from here and from PC hardware in general for quite away now due to....life. I recently bought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and as I kind of expected, my PC struggles with it. My specs should be in my sig (someone let me know if they aren't and I'll post them). I was leaning toward getting this Asus 480 8GB. But, I'm not sure if I really should just be in the market for a complete overhaul. Also, like I said, I haven't been up with things lately, and I'm in retail (so I'm working 60-70 hours per week at the moment) so, not a lot of time to research. I'm sticking with AMD for a gfx card, is there anything that they have on the horizon I should wait for? I don't mind waiting because I won't have much time to game until January, and the only reason to purchase now would be to take advantage of Christmas pricing.

Any help would, as always, be greatly appreciated!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

490X should come at Q1 2017 if you want to stick with team red, along with Zen CPUs.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@PredatorRules:

Hopefully the RX 490 isnt a dual gpu card

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@PredatorRules:

Hopefully the RX 490 isnt a dual gpu card

AMD is so desperate ATM that they could actually pull the dual GPU trick once again.

Not sure how well they did with their last Duo GPU.

jpm27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jpm27
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts

Thank you both for the info. I'm not much nearer to a decision but I think I may be leaning towards the 480, instead of waiting. It's not a huge investment and if something more worthwhile comes Q1 then I'm sure I could sell it and then upgrade.