bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Unfortunately my pc was pulled out at the plug while on and this seems to have damaged something. Every time I ran FL studio or komplete kontrol (both audio programs) I'd get crashes. Blue screen with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I ran grid 2 out of interest which seemed to run ok although I didn't go as far as trying an actual race.

Tried reinstalling audio drivers which didn't help. Tried reinstalling Windows and it seemed to stay on overnight ok installing loads of bits so I assumed it was fixed but blue screens came back again next day with same software.

Someone suggested running memtest but whenever I selected the usb drive it just went to bios. Now I'm just getting no picture at all although everything seems to be powering up.

I don't have internal GPU on my CPU as it's a 5930. No spare in the house now either.

Is it clearly a GPU issue or could it be the motherboard or anything else?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bluescreen-error-dpcwatchdogviolation/100cb707-0716-40d4-88a8-7bf9dd8f836d?auth=1

Says it's a driver issue.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bulby_g

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to make sense in my situation as now I can't even get anything to load on screen, not even bios.

I wonder if it was a side effect of one of more parts of my hardware failing? Currupt data from failed hd or ram maybe or data issues due to failing motherboard?

I have been running Windows 10 since day one without issue and have been running these specific programs just fine before.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@bulby_g said:

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to make sense in my situation as now I can't even get anything to load on screen, not even bios.

I wonder if it was a side effect of one of more parts of my hardware failing? Currupt data from failed hd or ram maybe or data issues due to failing motherboard?

I have been running Windows 10 since day one without issue and have been running these specific programs just fine before.

Take it apart and put it back together.

Smell around, if you smell burnt board then for some reason it caused a burn out.

Did it fall? It kind of sounds like it fell..... If not, there was probably a problem that existed before becasue it simply being unplugged wouldnt really do anything... or shouldnt.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bulby_g

@kod:

I have already resat all components other than the CPU. I'll have a sniff around too though.

Never been dropped or even banged or something. Sits on the floor safely tucked away.

It has been running without a single issue for 3 years and I have been running Windows 10 since it was first available. All started literally the moment after the power was removed, I booted it straight back up after and the crashes started. ?