deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

So I have a Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT and the thing is an absolute beast. The fact that it outperforms most AIO coolers (and most air coolers) is pretty impressive, but I have two complaints. First, it can get a little noisey, and two the thing is massive and trying to work around it in my Phanteks P400S is a bit cumbersome.

I have been wanting to overclock my Ryzen 7 1700x for quite awhile now, but if I go that route than I just want to settle with an AIO cooler.

Currently here is what I am looking at, but I don't have a lot of experience with AIO coolers so any help would be greatly appreciated.

NXZT Kraken X62

Fractal Design Celsius S24 or S36

Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro

Some coolers I want to avoid:

Anything related to Swiftech (I have had so many friends have systems that have been damaged because of these coolers).

The EKWB EEK-XLC Predator 280 - This thing is an excellent and top-tier AIO cooler, but the price is ridiculous and you have to pay extra if you want an AMD bracket.

Any advice or recommendations would be great appreciated!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu: Kraken x62 is my pick, I have the older x61 (which was upgraded free from the x60 for unknown reasons) and its perfect.

There's 3 modes, silent, performance and custom, its on silent always except when gaming when its on performance, I have a 3570k at 4.7Ghz and on idle or when I'm typing this response out, CPU is at 35c. I also cant hear the pump or fans running, its very quiet.

On performance, I've seen CPU temps get up to 60c, but that's not much when its 40c outside. Its also relatively quiet still even at full speed, its quieter than a 970 Strix at 60% fan speed to put it into perspective.

Also customer service is good IF something goes wrong, in the case of my x60, they said return it to the store, and a week later I got my x61 (this was just released 2 days before, so I can understand delays). Also I don't know what the issue was, the CAM software just told me to contact customer service, and they said they would repair it at first, but got a upgrade instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@GTR12 said:

@mighty-lu-bu: Kraken x62 is my pick, I have the older x61 (which was upgraded free from the x60 for unknown reasons) and its perfect.

There's 3 modes, silent, performance and custom, its on silent always except when gaming when its on performance, I have a 3570k at 4.7Ghz and on idle or when I'm typing this response out, CPU is at 35c. I also cant hear the pump or fans running, its very quiet.

On performance, I've seen CPU temps get up to 60c, but that's not much when its 40c outside. Its also relatively quiet still even at full speed, its quieter than a 970 Strix at 60% fan speed to put it into perspective.

Also customer service is good IF something goes wrong, in the case of my x60, they said return it to the store, and a week later I got my x61 (this was just released 2 days before, so I can understand delays). Also I don't know what the issue was, the CAM software just told me to contact customer service, and they said they would repair it at first, but got a upgrade instead.

I have been heavily leaning towards the Kraken x62. Overall it has gotten outstanding reviews, but I have found a disparity that maybe you can address. I have seen multiple reviewers say that the Kraken x62 is one of the quietest AIO coolers out there, but I have seen other reviews which say it is the loudest- so based on your opinion would you agree with the former or the latter?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu said:

I have been heavily leaning towards the Kraken x62. Overall it has gotten outstanding reviews, but I have found a disparity that maybe you can address. I have seen multiple reviewers say that the Kraken x62 is one of the quietest AIO coolers out there, but I have seen other reviews which say it is the loudest- so based on your opinion would you agree with the former or the latter?

Quietest, you cant hear it on silent. My case doesn't even fit my cooler, Corsair Carbide 400r, and its missing 2 screws to perfectly seat the pump, yet it still is very quiet.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@GTR12: Then it looks like I will go with that. I am actually a pretty big fan of NZXT- my last case was the Phantom 530, but when I initially received it, I noticed it was damaged in shipping. I called NZXT customer support and they overnighted me a brand new case and when I asked what they wanted me to do with the damaged case, they told me to sell it out for parts. Excellent customer service.

Thank you for all the info!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu: Unless you're into extreme OC you're wasting money here, EVO212 will do all that you need and even some small-moderate OC.

I can vote for Corsair H115i v2 aka GTX which was back at that time the best AIO cooler: best silence while gaining great performance.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Also alot of people dont know that for you to actually properly gauge watercooling performance you have test over a period of more than an hour. The reason is it takes time for water"coolant" to be saturated with the heat from whatever your cooling. While air cooler with copper takes no time in transferring and being saturated by the heat. And many of the bigger AiO coolers actually dont perform any better than the big air coolers and same goes with lower tier AiO coolers vs the sub $40 air coolers.

So like PredatorRules stated unless you plan on overclocking or plan on running heavy cpu workloads for long periods. A good air cooler is a cheaper and safer option IMO.

Also I would stay away from Corsair AiO's atm their bolts are cheaply made, just recently someone I know a few bolts broke off his new H115i