Going from Blue to Red

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MdBrOtha04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MdBrOtha04
Member since 2003 • 1828 Posts

Two years ago, I posted in this thread and said the following:

AMD will get my money again when their CPU performs better then Intel's Core i7 with comparable power consumption.

I have seen the leaks. I have viewed the recent videos from known YouTube personalities. I have read Intel's recent statements and projected road maps. All of these grains of salt that we are taking are starting to taste really good.

I believe now is the time for me to switch. My current system isn't slow but my Mobo has had a few issues lately. Typically, I upgrade my CPU and GPU every three years but never on the same year. Last year, I upgraded from a GTX780. I do some media encoding so the extra cores will help.

CPU | RAM | MOBO | Cooler | Case | OS Drive.

A GTX 1080, PG279Q monitor and AX860 PSU will be leftovers from my current build not to mention my current OS SSD and storage HDDs.

I know AMD is "only" catching up to Intel. This is not a Core2Duo blowout from back in the day.

But with such a compelling price for performance ratio...

I have never owned a $1000 CPU before.

I can now get +/- the performance of one for 400 bucks with lower power consumption. Still buying the R7 1800x though :D

ApsisComputers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ApsisComputers
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

It's all about the numbers. If the numbers being leaked are accurate Ryzen is going to be pretty amazing. I am looking forward to the official reviews myself!

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Yeah, all the leaks so far are showing that even the $400 1700X will beat Intel's $1000 CPUs. Great news for those who are looking to upgrade, but even if Ryzen is that good, I personaly will not be building a new system as the 4770K is still great.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

dammmmmmmmmmmmmn look at all those USB ports on that mobo's backside.

damn girl, you fine...