error 1327 for F drive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

I have an external hard drive with all of my steam games and music on it. I am getting an error when I try to load steam now and it is coming up as error 1327 (problem with F drive). When I go into My Computer, the drive isn't even listed. I've tried reconnecting it with another cable. It powers on, light is on, but still not showing up. I tried looking in the registry after seeing a fix online. I didn't have the same problem though...no incorrect labels showing up in the registry area I was looking in.

When I go into my device manager, I can see the hard drive. It says it is working properly, has the most current driver, but nothing shows up on it. It looks like it is empty (or maybe not initialized or formatted maybe???).

Any ideas on a fix?

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#2 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

A couple of possible fixes I found by using Google:

Hit Start, Run and type Regedit

Find the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows| CurrentVersion\ Explorer\User Shell Folders

In the right pane - see if these is any entries which has an F or any other alphabelts not C (your OP folder) modify data to C:\

A few possible fixes in this link

Or you can try this from the Administrator command prompt:

• Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and choose Run as Administrator.

• Type subst Z: "C:\Windows" and press Enter.

Maybe one of these will work for you. Best of luck.