Your thoughts about Islam ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 delol
Member since 2005 • 8793 Posts
IMO is just another monotheist religion the real danger are the fundamentalists but i can say the same of Christians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

へは

well if you ask me its just a religion like any other sure it might be different but i dont know much about this subject

Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

But it is actually in the quran/koran that non-believers should be converted or killed and that they're worth less than muslims.

They also view women as inferior. My thoughts on islam are therefore pretty negative, not to mention all the extremistic fundamentalists.

Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
All religions are meh imo..
Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts
I think we should all hug and be friends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

I think we should all hug and be friendsTwo400

いる

if only we all thought that way

monkeysrfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 monkeysrfat
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts
I got nothin against their beliefs. Its just some of the relgions people can get over sensative and annoyin. Having said that one of my friends is a muslim and he's fine
MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts

But it is actually in the quran/koran that non-believers should be converted or killed and that they're worth less than muslims.

They also view women as inferior. My thoughts on islam are therefore pretty negative, not to mention all the extremistic fundamentalists.

Jelle87

Quote verses from Quran, then. Or accept that you have lied or do not know much about Islam.

frankyfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frankyfitz
Member since 2004 • 4528 Posts
I think we should all hug and be friendsTwo400
I second that
acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts

Jelle87

I am muslim and that is not true. Infact Islam was the first religion to give women rights. Women are equal to men. Except the fundamentalist dont understand that. Fundamentalists are not true muslim.What they are saying is BS. A muslim can under no circumstances kill another person, unless he's fighting for his faith.(Meaning someone wants to destroy muslims just like Hitler wanted the jews to be exterminated.)

Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts
[QUOTE="Jelle87"]

MFaraz_Hayat

Quote verses from Quran, then. Or accept that you have lied or do not know much about Islam.

It was from a Dutch site so don't bother me what they say in english but you know pretty good that they're there.

mohammed also had a relationship with a 12 year old which would make him a pedophile plus he killed thousands of jews.

koran-sura's, sura's 8 and 9.

• 8:12-17
  • 8:39
  • 9:5: try to kill, wage war etc against non-believers but if they want to surrender let them...
  • 9:14: Fight the non-believers for allah will punish them...
  • 9:29

muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts

Islam is not exteremist... its just another case of something being runined by the minority...

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts
[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="Jelle87"]

Jelle87

It was from a Dutch site so don't bother me what they say in english but you know pretty good that they're there.

mohammed also had a relationship with a 12 year old which would make him a pedophile plus he killed thousands of jews.

• 9:5: try to kill, wage war etc against non-believers but if they want to surrender let them...

Present verses according to context. These type of verses prove that you have taken them from a website.

I am not going to explain every one of them. Go search on google for online Quran, read these verses in context. The reply is right there.

General_Gustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 General_Gustaf
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts
I think Islam, as a religion is fine, I don't believe in religion, but I don't mind people having them. It's just the radicals preaching 'Kill the infidels' and all that bull giving it a bad name. We need to spend more time locking these radicals up, and stopping their teaching. Then there will be very little Islamic terrorism.
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
[QUOTE="Jelle87"][QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"][QUOTE="Jelle87"]

MFaraz_Hayat

Present verses according to context. These type of verses prove that you have taken them from a website.

I am not going to explain every one of them. Go search on google for online Quran, read these verses in context. The reply is right there.

Everytime someonesays something that protrays islam in a bad light while being essentialy fact you always say go find quotes or its not true. Then when people come back with the actual quotes you harp on about context, context.

The inferiority of women in islam in enshrined in verse, culture and law so don't even bother trying to come up with your pathetic loopholes

have a nice day

veni-vidi-vici

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 veni-vidi-vici
Member since 2007 • 1299 Posts
Every religion has its radicals i guess and its these people who irritate everyone, including the normal people of that religion. It's the ignorant people who think these crazies accurately represent the faith. I'm a christian i don't consider myself religious. i just have a close friendship with God. yeah. :)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

Not what I believe.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

BlingDigimon

I think you underscored his point....

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 delol
The all idea off a Holly War can contain itself the violence seeds . When the crusaders invaded Jerusalem they kill all the man and woman in the city and did it in the name of god and the Pope blessing. But while the main frame of christianity has evolved towards a new and more tolerant point of view the Islam in the past decades as evolved towards an more fundamentalist reading of the world .I know that most Muslims aren´t in favour of religious fundamentalism but i feel somehow that they are afraid to confront the fundamentalists and if necessary expel them from the religious community
Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rygaros
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

I really don't care about Islam. My concern is the flooding of Muslim immigrants into Europe, where the foundations ofvalues and traditions are based on Christianity.

The trouble I have is not the religion itself, per say, but the undeniable tendency of Muslim immigrants of refusing to assimilate into the nation that host's their stay. Rather, they bring their culture and their way of life and force the indigenous of European nations to accept it. This coupled with their massive numbers is a direct attack on tha various European cultures and peoples and it is at odds with our right, as Europeans, to preserve not only our culture but our gene pool as well.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 delol

I really don't care about Islam. My concern is the flooding of Muslim immigrants into Europe, where the foundations ofvalues and traditions are based on Christianity.

The trouble I have is not the religion itself, per say, but the undeniable tendency of Muslim immigrants of refusing to assimilate into the nation that host's their stay. Rather, they bring their culture and their way of life and force the indigenous of European nations to accept it. This coupled with their massive numbers is a direct attack on tha various European cultures and peoples and it is at odds with our right, as Europeans, to preserve not only our culture but our gene pool as well.

Rygaros
Just to fully understand your worries ,Where do you live ?
Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rygaros
Portugal. I have family in Canada so I'm staying here for the summer.
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 delol
Portugal. I have family in Canada so I'm staying here for the summer.Rygaros
No kidding? I am Portuguese. And in fact we have an immigration problem but i never noticed a great deal of Muslims immigrants here (we are overloaded mostly with Eastern and African people )
serbsta69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 serbsta69
Member since 2006 • 19209 Posts

IMO is just another monotheist religion the real danger are the fundamentalists but i can say the same of Christiansdelol

Agreed with you.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Jelle87

like the Spanish Inquisition?

Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rygaros

[QUOTE="Rygaros"]Portugal. I have family in Canada so I'm staying here for the summer.delol
No kidding? I am Portuguese. And in fact we have an immigration problem but i never noticed a great deal of Muslims immigrants here (we are overloaded mostly with Eastern and African people )

Really? What part of the nation are you from?

I have seen mainly Morrocan Muslims, particularly when I went to Algarve two years back. There were entire Muslim communities; it was as if I was in another land. My sister married a Spaniard from Madrid as well... it seems as if their troubles with Muslims are worse than ours.

And you're quite right: we have an immigration problem. Both Africans and Eastern Europeans are a big problem, as you said, and Brazilians too. I was reading an article not too long ago which discussed how the Portuguese language is at risk of being swallowed by Brazilian-Portuguese, not only in terms of websites, books, and things of that nature, but it's also, apparently, very popular amongst Portuguese youth to speak as the Brazilians do.

Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rygaros

Hewkii

Both the Spanish and Portuguese Inquisitions were justified.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hewkii

Rygaros

by the Pope.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 delol

[QUOTE="delol"][QUOTE="Rygaros"]Portugal. I have family in Canada so I'm staying here for the summer.Rygaros

Really? What part of the nation are you from?

I have seen mainly Morrocan Muslims, particularly when I went to Algarve two years back. There were entire Muslim communities; it was as if I was in another land. My sister married a Spaniard from Madrid as well... it seems as if their troubles with Muslims are worse than ours.

And you're quite right: we have an immigration problem. Both Africans and Eastern Europeans are a big problem, as you said, and Brazilians too. I was reading an article not too long ago which discussed how the Portuguese language is at risk of being swallowed by Brazilian-Portuguese, not only in terms of websites, books, and things of that nature, but it's also, apparently, very popular amongst Portuguese youth to speak as the Brazilians do.

I live in Venda do Pinheiro nearby Lisbon
Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rygaros
[QUOTE="Rygaros"]

Hewkii

by the Pope.

No, it was justified because it is the right of my ancestors to choose who is and who is not welcome in their home. Their methods were violent and brutal, but given the events which led to the Inquisitions, it is not so surprising.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 delol
[QUOTE="Jelle87"]

Hewkii

Exactly my point, the inquisition did exist but we evolve to a religious tolerance and now a days such an institution will be not possible in a catholic country (except maybe Poland ) I don´t see the same attitude in Islam As for women rights i dont know much of thequran but i see that they are absolutely deny in countries such as Saudi Arabia
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hewkii

No, it was justified because it is the right of my ancestors to choose who is and who is not welcome in their home. Their methods were violent and brutal, but given the events which led to the Inquisitions, it is not so surprising.

Rygaros

they wanted cleansing of the Jewish population. how is that a right?

I don´t see the same attitude in Islam delol

simply because it (the Middle East) has been a warzone since Islam was established.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 delol
[QUOTE="Rygaros"]

Hewkii

I don´t see the same attitude in Islam delol

simply because it (the Middle East) has been a warzone since Islam was established.

Right now as we are speaking in Pakistan or Afghanistan there are people dying because of the Holly War and both this countries are far away from the ME .The fact is that i don´t see a strong condemning position of moderate Muslims against the terrorism.

And yes the Inquisition was a shame for the catholics and mainly to Spain and Portugal but we are sorry and we don´t allow religious intolerance anymore .See for instance what happened whit the Mohammed caricatures affair if they were from Jesus we gave a good laugh and continue with our lives

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hewkii

Right now as we are speaking in Pakistan or Afghanistan there are people dying because of the Holly War and both this countries are far away from the ME.

delol

no, they aren't.

Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rygaros
[QUOTE="Rygaros"]

Hewkii

Not just Jews, but allMarranos.

Firstly, you must understand the involvement the Jews had with the Moorish invasion of our home - the Peninsula. The Jews, ultimately, financed the initial Berber invasion of about 5-7 thousand men which was intended to be used to help a rebelious party of Visigoths, a coup d'etat to overthrow the king.

Of course, the invasion didn't end there. More troops of Syrian and Yemeni origin also arrived to further reinfoce the group that was already there. A military intervention eventually became a foreignoccupation that lasted, in some parts, for 800 years.

The Inquisitions were not just a form of religious cleansing but a form of ethnic cleansing and of revenge. As demented as it may sound to a person who isn't interested in their cultural and ethnic preservation, I firmly oppose multiculturalism and, again,believe it is the right of my ancestors to choose who is and who is not welcome in the home in which they built.

Further to this, the Inquisitions are largely hyperbolized. There was no attempt to exterminate the Jews in the fashion of the Nazis, but there was an attempt to make the environment inhospitable for the Jews which would, in turn, force them to leave. And they did. The 'conversos' left the Peninsula for Amsterdam among other places.

But I ask you this: if you are not Iberian, who are you to say what we can and can not do with the societies that we forged and died for?

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 delol
[QUOTE="delol"]

Right now as we are speaking in Pakistan or Afghanistan there are people dying because of the Holly War and both this countries are far away from the ME.

Hewkii

no, they aren't.

They are so far as Portugal is from Poland
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Something that is about as interesting as any other religion but gets the attention of something that's actually special.... And yes, terrorists, I know, that's not some amazing thing either, when the war on Buddhist terrorists begin, I'll be surprised.
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 delol
Something that is about as interesting as any other religion but gets the attention of something that's actually special.... And yes, terrorists, I know, that's not some amazing thing either, when the war on Buddhist terrorists begin, I'll be surprised. wemhim
Little words a lot of wisdom
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hewkii

The Inquisitions were not just a form of religious cleansing but a form of ethnic cleansing and of revenge. As demented as it may sound to a person who isn't interested in their cultural and ethnic preservation, I firmly oppose multiculturalism and, again,believe it is the right of my ancestors to choose who is and who is not welcome in the home in which they built.Rygaros

...you do know that the Jews could stay if they converted. what punishment is that?

There was no attempt to exterminate the Jews in the fashion of the Nazis, but there was an attempt to make the environment inhospitable for the Jews which would, in turn, force them to leave.

Rygaros

that was the original intent of the Nazis: to make a world where there were simply no more room for Jews. later, however, it evolved into the total extermination of them.

But I ask you this: if you are not Iberian, who are you to say what we can and can not do with the societies that we forged and died for?Rygaros

I very well may be, because unlike you, apparently, I have a mixed heritage.

Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rygaros
[QUOTE="Rygaros"]

The Inquisitions were not just a form of religious cleansing but a form of ethnic cleansing and of revenge. As demented as it may sound to a person who isn't interested in their cultural and ethnic preservation, I firmly oppose multiculturalism and, again,believe it is the right of my ancestors to choose who is and who is not welcome in the home in which they built.Hewkii

...you do know that the Jews could stay if they converted. what punishment is that?

There was no attempt to exterminate the Jews in the fashion of the Nazis, but there was an attempt to make the environment inhospitable for the Jews which would, in turn, force them to leave.

Rygaros

that was the original intent of the Nazis: to make a world where there were simply no more room for Jews. later, however, it evolved into the total extermination of them.

But I ask you this: if you are not Iberian, who are you to say what we can and can not do with the societies that we forged and died for?Rygaros

The Jews, however, did not convert. Hence the term 'crypto Jews'.

The discussion is not about Nazis, but about the actions of my ancestors which you criticize. So while the intention of the Nazis may have changed over the course of the years, the intentions of my ancestors did not. There was never an attempt made by Iberian Roman Catholics to completely exterminate the Jews or ensure that the Jews had no place on the earth. Rather, to remove them from the Peninsula - something that is not difficult to understand considering the deceptive ways of 'Iberian' Jews during the time period.

And being partially Iberian does not make you Iberian. So again, considering you avoided my question, who are you to say what we can and can not do with the societies that we forged and died for? Undoubtedly, the methods were vile, but preserving our culture and nation, and by extension, religion, is our right, and the opinion of any non-Iberian should be regarded as of very little value.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 delol
[QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="Rygaros"]

The Inquisitions were not just a form of religious cleansing but a form of ethnic cleansing and of revenge. As demented as it may sound to a person who isn't interested in their cultural and ethnic preservation, I firmly oppose multiculturalism and, again,believe it is the right of my ancestors to choose who is and who is not welcome in the home in which they built.Rygaros

Rygaros

The Jews, however, did not convert. Hence the term 'crypto Jews'.

The discussion is not about Nazis, but about the actions of my ancestors which you criticize. So while the intention of the Nazis may have changed over the course of the years, the intentions of my ancestors did not. There was never an attempt made by Iberian Roman Catholics to completely exterminate the Jews or ensure that the Jews had no place on the earth. Rather, to remove them from the Peninsula - something that is not difficult to understand considering the deceptive ways of 'Iberian' Jews during the time period.

And being partially Iberian does not make you Iberian. So again, considering you avoided my question, who are you to say what we can and can not do with the societies that we forged and died for? Undoubtedly, the methods were vile, but preserving our culture and nation, and by extension, religion, is our right, and the opinion of any non-Iberian should be regarded as of very little value.

I must add here that many of us are descendetns from the converted Jews (myself included i think ) and that at Belmonte there is still a Crypto-Jew community
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hewkii

The Jews, however, did not convert. Hence the term 'crypto Jews'.Rygaros

some did, however, and did so before the real torture began, and so avoided all punishment.

who are you to say what we can and can not do with the societies that we forged and died for?Rygaros

I have as much authority as anyone else, because we are all the same species. parade your ethnic history all you want, I don't care, but don't put innocent people in the way.

and the opinion of any non-Iberian should be regarded as of very little value.Rygaros

it is likely you have Celt blood in you. in such, your opinion also would matter little, if at all. that would make you, by the way, a Celtiberian.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Its a religion, which is bad enough...
Avatar image for pindropviolence
pindropviolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pindropviolence
Member since 2006 • 356 Posts

it about time that they(muslims) cut out the violence... its as if the b******* cannot do any thing without resorting to violence .Matters that should not usually be an issue with otherpeople,infuriate these people and how do these losers seek to resolve this-- by violence.

also what is really irritating is that when people visit the places they live in these people are expected to act and behave as they want ...that is if they dont want to meet a painful death but when they leave whatever country they belong to and go abroad they still wanna behave the way they want to and any objections will be met with outrageous claims of racism and of course more violence

.....and dont even get me started with the religion obsession.....okay you can be religious but dont f***** push your fatwas and gawd alone knows what else on innocent people that are in no way responsible for whatever "trauma" you have been through

Rygaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rygaros
[QUOTE="Rygaros"]

The Jews, however, did not convert. Hence the term 'crypto Jews'.Hewkii

some did, however, and did so before the real torture began, and so avoided all punishment.

who are you to say what we can and can not do with the societies that we forged and died for?Rygaros

I have as much authority as anyone else, because we are all the same species. parade your ethnic history all you want, I don't care, but don't put innocent people in the way.

and the opinion of any non-Iberian should be regarded as of very little value.Rygaros

it is likely you have Celt blood in you. in such, your opinion also would matter little, if at all. that would make you, by the way, a

The general population of Jews did not, however. Otherwise, why would the Inquisitions occur? If the Jews and Muslims simply converted to Catholicism and assimilated into Iberian Roman Catholic society then this discussion would be inexistent. The fact is that my ancestors had demands that these guests were expected to meet. When they not only refused to meet them but did so in the most deceptive of manners, my ancestors did what they deemed to be necessary.

'Innocent people'? Who? The Jews?I've never quite understood why people rush to the defence of Jews, in particular, while completely ignoring orforgivingthe wrongdoings which they have committed while painting others as beingevil. Notice how you could care less about the 'injustices' the Spaniards and Portuguese committed on Moorish Marranos and solely care about defending the Jews? Why is that?

Anyways, these so-called 'innocent Jews' were far from innocent. They were, virtually, the ones who financed an invasion that lasted 800 years and costed the lives of thousands of Roman Catholics and Muslims alike. Yet, somehow, they are the victims?

Being 'Celtic' does not make an Iberian any less Iberian. Aside from this assertion of yours being entirely baseless and unfounded, and aside from the argument that 'Celtic' is not so much an ethnic group but a cultural designation, the fact is that the Celtic, Iberian (and thus Celtiberian),Lusitanian, etc., groups are all equally Iberian. It goes back to the notion of ethnogenesis, and all these groups constitute the ethnogenesis of modern Iberians.

Aside from this, this subject is not about Jews, the Inquisitions, the Moors, the Visigoths, or anyone else. In reality, this is about your opposition to the right of my people to preserve their gene pool and their culture -in the case of thelatter, both the Jews and Muslims are an obstruction to. All people in this world should have a right to preserve their nation and their identity, and I question if you lack of appreciation for this notion derives from the fact that you, as you have confessed, are an ethnic mongrel?

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

It is by far, the most misunderstood, yet the most important subject of our time. A failure to understand it, I fear could be fatal to the human race. In fact, I believe what we have seen in years past is only a highlight of what could happen if we as a people do not work together. When I say people, I mean the entire world. To understand one another and to truly accept one another. The problem lies on both sides of the conflict, yet this is disguised by arrogance.

Then again, whatever fuels my hummer right?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Hewkii

Anyways, these so-called 'innocent Jews' were far from innocent. They were, virtually, the ones who financed an invasion that lasted 800 years.Rygaros

so Jews have long life spans.

Being 'Celtic' does not make an Iberian any less Iberian.Rygaros

yes, yes it does. the Celts came after the Iberians, and such "mixed" with the Iberians. it is no different then the British (Anglo-Saxons) coming to India, or the Africans coming to Spain.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Rygaros"]

Hewkii

by the Pope.

The pope was pressured by Ferdinand II to set up an inquisition controlled by the monarchy and as such all actions were secular.