You don't have to pay income taxes!!!

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

My friend told me that there is no law saying you have to pay income taxes. I don't believe this. Can someone please find me some proof that you do have to pay income taxes.

Edit: O ya I forgot to add, that me and my friend made a bet on this. *Evil Laugh* I just made 100$!!!

Edit2: My friend now wants me to find the law,that says we have to pay income taxes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

My friend told me that there is no law saying you have to pay income taxes. I don't believe this. Can someone please find me some proof that you do have to pay income taxes.darkmark91

Income Tax Evasion = jailtime. Good luck on that...

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Why don't you try it and find out what happens?
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

If you and your friend are American, refer to the Sixteenth Amendment in the Constitution.

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
Haha you believed him?
I heard recently that the Mafia is the biggest Business in Italy (No joke)
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Read the bottom. It was likely done improperly.
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts
I just did a quick Google search. Apparently there are a lot of people who believe that. Look here for clarification.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Call his bluff, tell your friend to go and not pay it and see what happens.

Also if your friend owes you any money you will want to collect ASAP before the government comes for him.

1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
I suppose that would be true, if you weren't making income.
lrrydaqcumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 lrrydaqcumber
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
how about you just try that........
Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
Capone didn't get away with it, why should you?
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmark91"]My friend told me that there is no law saying you have to pay income taxes. I don't believe this. Can someone please find me some proof that you do have to pay income taxes.LJS9502_basic

I don't think proof comes any solider than that :)

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts

It's as illegal as the paper "money" we use. Only thing is we're all so caught up in our daily routine of watching tv or being mad at "terrorist" etc., that barely a few happen to bother to look into it. There are many cases where citizens who hadn't payed their taxes were taken to court for tax evasion and ended up winning vs the IRS due to them not being able to show the law.

The whole entire Federal Reserve System is illegal if you really look at how it operates.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38695 Posts

technically i think its true that there is no law... but you'll get pwned by the IRS ( which does NOT need a warrent to bust down your door and arrest you btw ) if you do not pay

tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts
The winner of Survivor, Richard Hatch, tried that, and guess what? He's in prison for 3 years. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
It's an urban myth. Income tax is very real and very mandatory unless you make under the designated amount.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Oleg_Huzwog

It's as illegal as the paper "money" we use. Only thing is we're all so caught up in our daily routine of watching tv or being mad at "terrorist" etc., that barely a few happen to bother to look into it. There are many cases where citizens who hadn't payed their taxes were taken to court for tax evasion and ended up winning vs the IRS due to them not being able to show the law.

The whole entire Federal Reserve System is illegal if you really look at how it operates.

Truth_Seekr

I'm calling B.S. here. Can you provide one example where the IRS forgot to submit the U.S. Constitution as proof of their authority?

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

Oleg_Huzwog

I'm calling B.S. here. Can you provide one example where the IRS forgot to submit the U.S. Constitution as proof of their authority?

THis guys right. I dont have the link, but I definetly remember seeing something about this. The lawyers (that found out in the middle of the case that there wasnt a law ), won.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Truth_Seekr

Please show me one example of that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

TalesofRaGnArOk

THis guys right. I dont have the link, but I definetly remember seeing something about this. The lawyers (that found out in the middle of the case that there wasnt a law ), won.

No it's not. It would have been a landmark ruling showing that income tax was unconstitutional and would have made national headlines. No one has been able to successfully avoid paying income tax for this reason. No one.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Oleg_Huzwog

TalesofRaGnArOk

I'm still calling B.S. Sixteenth Amendment reads as follows:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

What's to debate?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

No it's not. It would have been a landmark ruling showing that income tax was unconstitutional and would have made national headlines. No one has been able to successfully avoid paying income tax for this reason. No one.

sonicare

Indeed...the IRS brought down Al Capone.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="darkmark91"]My friend told me that there is no law saying you have to pay income taxes. I don't believe this. Can someone please find me some proof that you do have to pay income taxes.Samwel_X

I don't think proof comes any solider than that :)

Unfortunately that's what you're all made to believe.You may have some people that are aware of it, but they quickly give up on trying to do anything about it; "Well they're the gov, what can you do against them?", it's this kind of attitude that is making most of you respond the way you & LJS just did to TC. If you know what you're doing and how to talk, you can definitely prove the illegality of the federal income tax. Look up such people such as Sherry Jackson and Joe Banisterwho both went vs the IRS for not paying the income tax after their own research led them to the conclusion TC's friend attempted to tell him.

Look into it. We are born into debt, and our children will be born into this world practically homeless if we continue to feed this monster we call Federal Reserve and decide to continue living oblivious to the truth.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

sonicare

Please show me one example of that.

Joe Banister vs the IRS

Sherry Jackson vs the IRS

I don't have the links, but give me a bit to dig it up, and you shall have,....or you can look em up yourself. Both worked as Special Agents for the IRS at one time before they came to this conclusion.A central bank(Federal Reserve) is more dangerous to a country and it's people than horde of armies marching towards it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

Unfortunately that's what you're all made to believe.You may have some people that are aware of it, but they quickly give up on trying to do anything about it; "Well they're the gov, what can you do against them?", it's this kind of attitude that is making most of you respond the way you & LJS just did to TC. If you know what you're doing and how to talk, you can definitely prove the illegality of the federal income tax. Look up such people such as Sherry Jackson and Joe Banisterwho both went vs the IRS for not paying the income tax after their own research led them to the conclusion TC's friend attempted to tell him.

Look into it. We are born into debt, and our children will be born into this world practically homeless if we continue to feed this monster we call Federal Reserve and decide to continue living oblivious to the truth.

Truth_Seekr

This should answer your questions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic

Joe Banister vs the IRS

I don't have the links, but give me a bit to dig it up, and you shall have,....or you can look em up yourself. Both worked as Special Agents for the IRS at one time before they came to this conclusion.A central bank(Federal Reserve) is more dangerous to a country and it's people than horde of armies marching towards it.

Truth_Seekr

Um...you have the wrong interpretation on the court case. Banister was charged with conspiracy to commit tax fraud...but it couldn't be proven. Quite different than what you are trying to lead people to believe in this thread dude.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
there was an old couple in new hampshire that had that impression coupled with a hippy morality. they had a stand-off that lasted over a month and were eventually arrested infront of their friends and family. but if you want to try your luck, go for it.
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="TalesofRaGnArOk"]

Oleg_Huzwog

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

What's to debate?

supposedly it is said that only 2 states actually were cool with the idea of income tax. Then again i hear that they needed 2 more states to ratify the 16th amendmant and never got them, but they just passed it either way. This is where I'm at currently with research on this whole drama

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
Erm, it's the 16th Amendment....
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

Joe Banister vs the IRS

LJS9502_basic

Um...you have the wrong interpretation on the court case. Banister was charged with conspiracy to commit tax fraud...but it couldn't be proven. Quite different than what you are trying to lead people to believe in this thread dude.

Not what he said

What about Sherry's case? How are we going to twist that?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Oleg_Huzwog
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"][QUOTE="TalesofRaGnArOk"]

Truth_Seekr

What's to debate?

supposedly it is said that only 2 states actually were cool with the idea of income tax. Then again i hear that they needed 2 more states to ratify the 16th amendmant and never got them, but they just passed it either way. This is where I'm at currently with research on this whole drama

Dude... I can assure you that you aren't the first conspiracy theorist to research rumored corner-cutting behind the ratification of the Amendment. Every argument put together has been rejected by the courts with zero exceptions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

Dude... I can assure you that you aren't the first conspiracy theorist to research rumored corner-cutting behind the ratification of the Amendment. Every argument put together has been rejected by the courts with zero exceptions.

Oleg_Huzwog

I gave him something to read...he didn't read it...and he's incorrect.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

LJS9502_basic

This should answer your questions.

Questions? What questions!? Those "answers" are stupid anyways. Especially these two, as they are practically the same answer reworded...

1. Congress said so.

This is how most citizens think. That "because the government said so, we must oblige to it NO MATTER WHAT WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS like sheep". Right?

&

5. Why risk fines and/or jail time?

Again, "because the government said so, we must oblige to it NO MATTER WHAT WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS like sheep. If we try to prove them wrong, even if they are, we will still face fines and jailtime, so it's best to not do nothing at all".

This is the attitude damn near every citizen has.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

Questions? What questions!? Those "answers" are stupid anyways. Especially these two, as they are practically the same answer reworded...

1. Congress said so.

This is how most citizens think. That "because the government said so, we must oblige to it NO MATTER WHAT WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS like sheep". Right?

&

Again, "because the government said so, we must oblige to it NO MATTER WHAT WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS like sheep. If we try to prove them wrong, even if they are, we will still face fines and jailtime, so it's best to not do nothing at all".

Truth_Seekr

I see you didn't read it.*sigh*

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Oleg_Huzwog

1. Congress said so.

&

Truth_Seekr

Oh for the love of... It's says right there, in the U.S. Consitution. It's right along side Women's right to vote, abolishment of slavery, right to bear arms, etc.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

LJS9502_basic

I gave him something to read...he didn't read it...and he's incorrect.

I already looked at your link which provided nothing more than the same old reasons as to why we shouldn't even try to prove anything against the government. I read it, just that I've read/heard those4 excuses before and the information I keep coming across disputes that.

RmanForLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RmanForLife
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
Learned this a long time ago. There is no "law" that states you must file for income taxes. Infact, I believe reading in the IRS code where it states its done on a "voluntary" basis. Sorry, cant provide you with a link for that one. Still, if you dont pay up, they will come after you BIG time.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

Taxes are fine with me. I drive on the roads. I went to school for 12 years for free. The FD comes when there is a fire alarm in my apartment complex. I don't agree with the war, but it's not like I can choose what services to pay for.

I'm not lacking anything now that I would have if I didn't pay taxes. Actually, the opposite. That's the whole point.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

1. Congress said so.

&

LJS9502_basic

I see you didn't read it.*sigh*

No I did. It's just that because I don't agree with it, you automatically disqualify mefrom attempting to understand your point.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

No I did. It's just that because I don't agree with it, you automatically disqualify mefrom attempting to understand your point.

Truth_Seekr

It did state the amendment was ratified...and legal dude. So you are disagreeing with the Constitution.:)

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I'm sure the judge will believe you.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

The tax-truth theory is ridiculous garbage. It was recently popularized by bull**** documentaries like America: Freedom to Fasmism and Zeitgeist. There is no truth to it. It's become a preposterous conspiracy theory.

Tax myths deunked:

http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/Personal/taxes/F2F.htm

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

Joe Banister vs the IRS

Truth_Seekr

Not what he said

Do you have any references on the Sherry Jackson case that don't come from far-right and/or conspiracy sites? Just curious, as I find trying to read through the all-caps crazyspeak on conspiracy sites pretty painful.
Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

LJS9502_basic

It did state the amendment was ratified...and legal dude. So you are disagreeing with the Constitution.:)

as I said earlier, this where my current research is at. Attempting to find all these "loop holes" about the 16th Amendmant and how it got ratified and the Federal Reserve Act.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Truth_Seekr
[QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

Joe Banister vs the IRS

xaos

Not what he said

Do you have any references on the Sherry Jackson case that don't come from far-right and/or conspiracy sites? Just curious, as I find trying to read through the all-caps crazyspeak on conspiracy sites pretty painful.

I'm sure I can look up some links, but either way it's going to be considered as biased, so why even bother?Videos of her case are on YouTube and other media viewing websites. Just do Sherry Jackson vs IRS in Google.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

Truth_Seekr

as I said earlier, this where my current research is at. Attempting to find all these "loop holes" about the 16th Amendmant and how it got ratified and the Federal Reserve Act.

So in other words...the proof to your statement doesn't exist.:|

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

Truth_Seekr

I didn't look that one up...since your first case was not as you presented it...and as to what he said....meh. I read what the case was about...not what one participate SAID it was about. He was charged in two cases by the way.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Truth_Seekr"]

Joe Banister vs the IRS

Truth_Seekr

Not what he said

I'm sure I can look up some links, but either way it's going to be considered as biased, so why even bother?Videos of her case are on YouTube and other media viewing websites. Just do Sherry Jackson vs IRS in Google.

I did and all the sites I found on the first four pages had "liberty", "conspiracy", "911", etc in the domain name. I'd prefer a source with journalistic integrity over frothing incoherence.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#49 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Income Tax Evasion = Hide and Seek time. Good luck on that...

LJS9502_basic
Fixed. 8)
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38695 Posts

define "income"