you are a citizen of westoros, who is your king?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I think I would prefer to live under Tywin's rule.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

I'd go with the North.

Yes the weather sucks, and it's a harder life. But you're less likely to be screwed by taxes, and the Starks (assuming the Starks are in charge) are honorable and won't screw you over/take your land/give it to someone else like the Lannisters. Plus I hate playing politics, and the north doesn't really care about that.

2nd would be Danni

3rd Stannis, because he's a worse version of the North.

4/5 would be tied Greyjoys/Lannisters. No thank you. The iron price is Westeros' version of capitalism, except if you lose you are probably dead. The Lannisters will make you a lord one day, and the next day you'll be homeless, not for me.

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
Margaery Tyrell. Mmmm.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Daenerys -So damn fine -Quality army -Dragons
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Stark as my king. Then Daenerys.
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

daenerys. she's a strong leader and genuinely cares about the well-being of her people

plus, dragons

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

...I really should watch TV more.

T-Bone91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 T-Bone91
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts
Daenerys and if Jon Snow turns out to be Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen's son then him as her king.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

Stannis "the Mannis" Baratheon

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Daenerys Targaryen

The others haven't faired too well.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Stannis is the one true king.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#12 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Daenerys is 14 so I'm going with Marge. Although she's only young too I think so... um.. forget it. I'll marry her grandmother.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
Jon Snow
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

The King in the North!

[spoiler] When he was alive and everything of course. [/spoiler]

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Stannis "the Mannis" Baratheon

iloverikku11
Hells yea!
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
King of the North! King of the North! King of the North!
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

King of the North!  King Jon Snow!

Dany is will go all wacky.  I just know it.  

Don't read below if you haven't read the 5th book.

[spoiler]

But i'm interested in this possible Aegon guy who has been in "training" for his entire life.  

[/spoiler]

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
The poll options are absurd because they do not include Renly, who is (was) a much better king than any of those listed. Why would you include an obscure person like Balon Greyjoy and leave out Renly Baratheon? I also admire Cersei Lannister as a person, but I am not sure that I would want to live under her rule.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Laihendi

RadecSupreme
Stannis murdered his brother Renly, who was the legitimate King. Renly had the support of almost all of the major houses of Westeros. Stannis does not have a right to rule people who do not consent to his rule. The legitimacy of government is derived from the consent of the governed. Stannis is a violent killer who rules through fear and force rather than justice and peace.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Jon SnowNEWMAHAY
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hoola

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

Laihendi

Stannis murdered his brother Renly, who was the legitimate King. Renly had the support of almost all of the major houses of Westeros. Stannis does not have a right to rule people who do not consent to his rule. The legitimacy of government is derived from the consent of the governed. Stannis is a violent killer who rules through fear and force rather than justice and peace.

I don't accept Renly as king, therefore he is not king.  

There is no legitimate government unless 100% of the population agrees with the choice of leaders, otherwise it is being forced upon the citizenry who do not accept the government and that is immoral and should not exist.  If I do not accept someone as king then their power over me is only possible by force.  Someone who uses force to impose their position of power is not legitimate. 

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shottayouth13-

[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

Laihendi

Umm whut? Only the Tyrells supported Renly.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

hoola

There is no legitimate government unless 100% of the population agrees with the choice of leaders, otherwise it is being forced upon the citizenry who do not accept the government and that is immoral and should not exist.  If I do not accept someone as king then their power over me is only possible by force.  Someone who uses force to impose their position of power is not legitimate. 

The small folk loved Renly, and GRRM made that very clear in the books. He had the unanimous consent of his subjects. You do not live in Westeros so it does not matter if you consent to him or not. I do not see what your point is by saying that.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

Shottayouth13-

The Starks were also prepared to join. It was basically everyone except the Lannisters and those being held (politically or physically) hostage by them, and Stannis.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

King in the North! Honor and they treat their people best.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shottayouth13-
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Stannis murdered his brother Renly, who was the legitimate King. Renly had the support of almost all of the major houses of Westeros. Stannis does not have a right to rule people who do not consent to his rule. The legitimacy of government is derived from the consent of the governed. Stannis is a violent killer who rules through fear and force rather than justice and peace.Laihendi

The Starks were also prepared to join. It was basically everyone except the Lannisters and those being held (politically or physically) hostage by them, and Stannis.

The Starks (and the entire North at that) were too busy fighting their own war to care about Stannis' and Renly's feud. Moreover, the entire North had unofficially defected from the rule of the King when they crowned Robb the King in the North. And again, no. Houses in the Vale were neutral. Balon Grejoy crowned himself King of the Iron Island so he didn't give a shit. Riverlands were fighting for the North's cause. Dorne was not even in it. It was only the Tyrells and probably some house sworn to Baratheon.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hoola

[QUOTE="hoola"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Stannis murdered his brother Renly, who was the legitimate King. Renly had the support of almost all of the major houses of Westeros. Stannis does not have a right to rule people who do not consent to his rule. The legitimacy of government is derived from the consent of the governed. Stannis is a violent killer who rules through fear and force rather than justice and peace.Laihendi

The small folk loved Renly, and GRRM made that very clear in the books. He had the unanimous consent of his subjects. You do not live in Westeros so it does not matter if you consent to him or not. I do not see what your point is by saying that.

He had unanimous concent?  Guess thats why he needed an army of 100,000 to become king.  

Joffrey opposed him, Stannis opposed him, Lannisters opposed him, Starks opposed him, and Dany opposed him.  They would all become his subjects if he forced himself to become king.  That sure has heck isn't unanimous concent.

T-Bone91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 T-Bone91
Since we are on this topic who do you guys think Jon Snow's parents really are?I can't be the only one who thinks he is Lyanna Stark's son.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Out of those, Dany is probably the best choice. BTW, its King IN the North.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wolverine4262
Since we are on this topic who do you guys think Jon Snow's parents really are?I can't be the only one who thinks he is Lyanna Stark's son.T-Bone91
[spoiler] Lyanna and Rhaegar me thinks. There is a Bran chapter in SoS that almost gives it away. [/spoiler]
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Stannis is the only true king of the Westeros. Though, if there was no war, I would want to live under Renly. He seems like a nice guy. He would've been a decent king, provided that he succeeded without any conflicts.
T-Bone91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 T-Bone91
[QUOTE="T-Bone91"]Since we are on this topic who do you guys think Jon Snow's parents really are?I can't be the only one who thinks he is Lyanna Stark's son.wolverine4262
[spoiler] Lyanna and Rhaegar me thinks. There is a Bran chapter in SoS that almost gives it away. [/spoiler]

So that might make him the true heir to the Iron throne.Man I would love it if he and Dany end up together in the final book.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="T-Bone91"]Since we are on this topic who do you guys think Jon Snow's parents really are?I can't be the only one who thinks he is Lyanna Stark's son.T-Bone91

So that might make him the true heir to the Iron throne.Man I would love it if he and Dany end up together in the final book.

Ice and Fire bro
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shottayouth13-
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="T-Bone91"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"] [spoiler] Lyanna and Rhaegar me thinks. There is a Bran chapter in SoS that almost gives it away. [/spoiler]

Ice and Fire bro

[spoiler] What about Aegon? Wouldn't he have more claim than Jon? [/spoiler]
T-Bone91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 T-Bone91
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="T-Bone91"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"] [spoiler] Lyanna and Rhaegar me thinks. There is a Bran chapter in SoS that almost gives it away. [/spoiler]

Ice and Fire bro

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Walter White

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] [spoiler] What about Aegon? Wouldn't he have more claim than Jon? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Well yea, but does it really matter who has the better claim at this point? [/spoiler]
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shottayouth13-
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] [spoiler] What about Aegon? Wouldn't he have more claim than Jon? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Well yea, but does it really matter who has the better claim at this point? [/spoiler]

Hah, quite true.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wolverine4262

He had unanimous concent?  Guess thats why he needed an army of 100,000 to become king.  

Joffrey opposed him, Stannis opposed him, Lannisters opposed him, Starks opposed him, and Dany opposed him.  They would all become his subjects if he forced himself to become king.  That sure has heck isn't unanimous concent.

hoola
He has that massive army BECAUSE of his overwhelming support. He would have won and everyone would have loved him.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zlurodirom

[QUOTE="T-Bone91"]Since we are on this topic who do you guys think Jon Snow's parents really are?I can't be the only one who thinks he is Lyanna Stark's son.wolverine4262

[spoiler] The story the frog kid (cant remember his name) told Bran? I was thinking it was Ned/Brandon who was the hero (considering he was so surprised Bran hadn't heard the tale), but if the Lyanna & Raegar hypothesis is correct, then that's good support. I need to re-read the books since finishing, I probably missed a bunch of early stuff because I didn't know what was going on. [/spoiler]

Ice and Fire browolverine4262

Jon and Ygritte, Jon and Melisandre, Jon and [spoiler] Aegon :P [/spoiler] are all as likely, well maybe not the Ygritte one.

[spoiler] of course throwing Jon in depends on how you want to interpret Jon's ending in the 5th book as well [/spoiler]

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zlurodirom

The poll options are absurd because they do not include Renly, who is (was) a much better king than any of those listed. Why would you include an obscure person like Balon Greyjoy and leave out Renly Baratheon? I also admire Cersei Lannister as a person, but I am not sure that I would want to live under her rule.Laihendi

Hard to be King when you're dead..

The Iron Islands play a much larger role than Renly does.

Read all the books, then tell me you want Cersei to continue to be Regent please.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wolverine4262

[spoiler] The story the frog kid (cant remember his name) told Bran? I was thinking it was Ned/Brandon who was the hero (considering he was so surprised Bran hadn't heard the tale), but if the Lyanna & Raegar hypothesis is correct, then that's good support. I need to re-read the books since finishing, I probably missed a bunch of early stuff because I didn't know what was going on. [/spoiler]

Jon and Ygritte, Jon and Melisandre, Jon and [spoiler] Aegon :P [/spoiler] are all as likely, well maybe not the Ygritte one.

[spoiler] of course throwing Jon in depends on how you want to interpret Jon's ending in the 5th book as well [/spoiler]

Zlurodirom

To me the main point of the frog story was that Lyanna was fawning over Rheagar. And Jojen was so surprised that Bran didnt know the story because its essentially where the war began and how Jon came to be. To Jojen this is probably common knowledge because either his greensight or his dad told him the truth. So, he expected the same from Ned.

Or, maybe Ice and Fire is just Jon period, huh?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]The poll options are absurd because they do not include Renly, who is (was) a much better king than any of those listed. Why would you include an obscure person like Balon Greyjoy and leave out Renly Baratheon? I also admire Cersei Lannister as a person, but I am not sure that I would want to live under her rule.Zlurodirom

Read all the books, then tell me you want Cersei to continue to be Regent please.

More than half the characters on that list are dead from my point of view.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zlurodirom

To me the main point of the frog story was that Lyanna was fawning over Rheagar. And Jojen was so surprised that Bran didnt know the story because its essentially where the war began and how Jon came to be. To Jojen this is probably common knowledge because either his greensight or his dad told him the truth. So, he expected the same from Ned.

Or, maybe Ice and Fire is just Jon period, huh?

wolverine4262

I really need to re-read that then, because that must have gone way over my head. I just remember thinking I was clever for realizing those 4 were the Starks, because I don't think they ever mentioned them by name.

Before you mentioned Jon and Danni as Ice and Fire, I really hadn't thought of it like that. Those were off the top of my head, and I'd agree Danni and Jon might be the most likely. [spoiler] Remember there are the 3 heads of the dragon for Danni, Aegon(?) and Jon(?), keep the incest going? [/spoiler]

More than half the characters on that list are dead from my point of view.

wolverine4262

Well I was going with where I think the show might be at right now (don't have access to the show to know) [spoiler] I made that assumption considering it has Joffery and Balon on the list [/spoiler]

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]The poll options are absurd because they do not include Renly, who is (was) a much better king than any of those listed. Why would you include an obscure person like Balon Greyjoy and leave out Renly Baratheon? I also admire Cersei Lannister as a person, but I am not sure that I would want to live under her rule.Zlurodirom

1. I have read all of the books. 2. I said I admire Cersei as a person, but am not sure I would want to live under her rule. Balon Greyjoy was a bitter old man who lived in the backwaters of the Seven Kingdoms. Renly was a powerful king with the greatest army in Westeros.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

the kalesi is my king

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Dany for sure...it would be pretty awesome having the reborn Azor Ahai on my side.....possibly. :P
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

Shottayouth13-

The Starks (and the entire North at that) were too busy fighting their own war to care about Stannis' and Renly's feud. Moreover, the entire North had unofficially defected from the rule of the King when they crowned Robb the King in the North. And again, no. Houses in the Vale were neutral. Balon Grejoy crowned himself King of the Iron Island so he didn't give a shit. Riverlands were fighting for the North's cause. Dorne was not even in it. It was only the Tyrells and probably some house sworn to Baratheon.

If a house is neutral then that means it is fine with Renly being king and it consents to his rule. It seemed pretty clear shortly before Renly's murder that there was going to be an alliance between him and the Starks.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="hoola"]

hoola

As someone else mentioned, he had such a large army because he had so much support from various people. The Starks did not necessarily oppose him. If they did then Robb would not have sent Catelyn to negotiate with him. And Daenerys opposing him does not matter because she does not even live in Westeros. Also Joffrey is a Lannister so I think you are just stretching out Renly's enemies to make it seem like more than there was. It was really just the Lannisters and Stannis.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Allah