Wow, can't believe how racist people still are.

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

I really can't. I live in NY and I figured up here things are pretty decent as far as race relations go. I am white, I have always had friends of differant races and they have told me stories of differant things. I know racial profiling exists and there is still a lot of people who are ignorant. But, I mean, Obama is president, get over it. Ignorance lost. Its over.

So anyways, I recently decided I am going to try dating outside of my race exclusivly. I am 30 and have pretty much stuck to only white women til now. So I figured, none of them worked out, time to try something new. I dated a Dominican for a bit and now am dating a Black girl. I can't believe the looks we've gotten from people in public. Its like, we arent hurting anyone, why do these people give a ****. I don't care that your ****ing your fat white girlfriend tonight, why do you care who I'm having dinner with?! I had some guylike make hollering noises to us the other night. I just yelled to him, "Keep stairing its not gonna change anything!". Just doesn't make anysense to me at all.

So that was my rant. Anyone who wants to comment or share their own stories feel free.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

Maybe because your black girlfriend is extremely hot? That would explain the hollers and the looks.

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
So you are calling other's racist, while you yourself declared that white women haven't 'worked out' so you are trying 'somthing new'. Women are women. You are discriminating based on race. Also, who gives a flying rat's ass what other people think?
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
We still live in a time where people are still around who were alive when segregation was the norm. You can't expect there to be no racism in this country. Personally I don't care who anyone dates, it isn't my business. If it was a family member I also would not care. My (white) brother is married to a girl from China. Nobody cares in my family and it never even crossed my mind that it was a mixed race couple as I don't think about those things. As I said though with segregation and all of that not being that far in our past it would surprise me greatly that people aren't still a bit weird about mixed race couples. I personally don't feel that way but that past is still ingrained in our culture despite what anyone wants to say or believe.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

My area over the past few years has been filled in by russians, so much to the point that stores are starting to have every sign have the writing in russian underneath english, and it's getting more and more uncommon to hear people speaking english out in stores and such. It's starting a lot of problems here, because people aren't taking too kindly to them or the changes they're bringing about. I don't really care, but it's brought about a bad side in a lot of people around here.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Dude, interracial couples are funny. That's all there is to it. Nothing racist about it, per se. For example, I'm half-white half-Asian, and I think my mom and dad are ****ing HILARIOUS. I don't know why, that's just the way it is.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts
change happens slowly.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
People in NYC ignore people dieing on the ground, they sure as hell don't give a crap who you're dating. Unless you live in hillbilly NY, then I understand.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

I really can't. I live in NY and I figured up here things are pretty decent as far as race relations go. I am white, I have always had friends of differant races and they have told me stories of differant things. I know racial profiling exists and there is still a lot of people who are ignorant. But, I mean, Obama is president, get over it. Ignorance lost. Its over.

So anyways, I recently decided I am going to try dating outside of my race exclusivly. I am 30 and have pretty much stuck to only white women til now. So I figured, none of them worked out, time to try something new. I dated a Dominican for a bit and now am dating a Black girl. I can't believe the looks we've gotten from people in public. Its like, we arent hurting anyone, why do these people give a ****. I don't care that your ****ing your fat white girlfriend tonight, why do you care who I'm having dinner with?! I had some guylike make hollering noises to us the other night. I just yelled to him, "Keep stairing its not gonna change anything!". Just doesn't make anysense to me at all.

So that was my rant. Anyone who wants to comment or share their own stories feel free.

SpideR_CentS

So discrimination based on race is bad but discrimination based on size is ok?

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

QuebecSuperstar

I'm not saying go around hating people on the size of them but I'm also not going to equate it like racism. Discrimination on race is much worse than discrimination on weight because you can do something about your weight.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

i'm white and i'm trying to date this mexican chick, hopefully she likes white boys :P

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

So you are calling other's racist, while you yourself declared that white women haven't 'worked out' so you are trying 'somthing new'. Women are women. You are discriminating based on race. Also, who gives a flying rat's ass what other people think?FragStains

I avoid black girls when I'm dating and I'm black, they are way too loud from my experiences. Does that make me racist against blacks?

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpideR_CentS

So you are calling other's racist, while you yourself declared that white women haven't 'worked out' so you are trying 'somthing new'. Women are women. You are discriminating based on race. Also, who gives a flying rat's ass what other people think?FragStains
I don't care what others think, its just as little jarring seeing it first hand. You can say "women are women" which is true. But there are differances. And differant can be great.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SpideR_CentS

Maybe because your black girlfriend is extremely hot? That would explain the hollers and the looks.

Aku101

Yeah I do tend to date attractive girls. The looks were very differant when I was with a white girl and the other way. Head shakes, sighing, "look at that" whispering, etc.

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

QuebecSuperstar

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: most obesity problems are caused by unealthy lifestyle choices and as such, discrimination and bias against obesity does not rise to the same level as ethnic/racial discrimination.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

QuebecSuperstar

You are correct that I was wrong there. I didn't say that, I was just angry and spoke out of turn here on the forum.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

By yelling at him, you just brought attention to yourself.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpideR_CentS

People in NYC ignore people dieing on the ground, they sure as hell don't give a crap who you're dating. Unless you live in hillbilly NY, then I understand. wstfld
Not NYC or hillbilly. Albany, which is the capital and a city.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Maybe they're looking at you because you're walking round shouting at people?
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

You are just as racist as everyone else... Dating outside of your race exclusively?... Wtf is that about? And it seems to me like you are looking for other people looking at you >_> What makes you think they are looking at you because you two are different races? Did they SAY anything?! No... Your not a mind reader.. I get strange looks all the time too.. Must mean that I have a black girlfriend that i just dont know about

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
It could be worse. Try holding a guy's hand in public...
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

xTheExploited

I'm not saying go around hating people on the size of them but I'm also not going to equate it like racism. Discrimination on race is much worse than discrimination on weight because you can do something about your weight.

So what if a fat person can do something about his/her weight? What gives anybody the right to segregate others based on a physical feature they have the possibility to alter/improve? Does the fact that they can eventually lose weight make it ok to discriminate them while they're fat?

Discrimination is discrimination. You can't quantify it.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
There are still people around from when segregation was still a social norm. That could explain it.
change happens slowly.comp_atkins
 Your post reminded me of that. =P
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
It could be worse. Try holding a guy's hand in public...Bourbons3
Screw that! I'd try making out with him. Wait . . . =P
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts

[QUOTE="xTheExploited"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

QuebecSuperstar

So what if a fat person can do something about his/her weight? What gives anybody the right to segregate others based on a physical feature they have the possibility to alter/improve? Does the fact that they can eventually lose weight make it ok to discriminate them while they're fat?

I'm not talking in favour of discrimination of fat people. I'm saying its a more acceptable form of discrimination and in no way comparable with racism. I can understand if someone doesn't like fat people because they are fat, I don't agree with it but I can understand them. There are many problems that can come around from obesity but there aren't problems that can come around from skin colour.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

One should date someone because they interest them....not due to their race.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

[QUOTE="xTheExploited"] I'm not saying go around hating people on the size of them but I'm also not going to equate it like racism. Discrimination on race is much worse than discrimination on weight because you can do something about your weight.xTheExploited

I'm not talking in favour of discrimination of fat people. I'm saying its a more acceptable form of discrimination and in no way comparable with racism. I can understand if someone doesn't like fat people because they are fat, I don't agree with it but I can understand them. There are many problems that can come around from obesity but there aren't problems that can come around from skin colour.

I don't find any discrimination acceptable.....discrimination is discrimination.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpideR_CentS

By yelling at him, you just brought attention to yourself.

Bluestorm-Kalas

We were on the way out of the place, and I'm no punk. So guy is gonna try and stare down me and mine and make us uncomfortable, Ima strike back.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpideR_CentS

Maybe they're looking at you because you're walking round shouting at people?bobbetybob
Again, this was after. This was walking to my car and I didn't say anything til they did. Wow you people are not getting it at all. I'm saying everywhere I went with either girl there was looks and ish.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SpideR_CentS

One should date someone because they interest them....not due to their race.

LJS9502_basic

No doubt. Its not like I'm like, "Hey your black so we should date lmao" I think it was a great date too. We talked for like an hour and a half with no gaps in convo or anything like that.

Diametraphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Diametraphine
Member since 2010 • 1148 Posts

It's probably because you were in a two man horse costume.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

i only date asian girls. some asians guys try to talk me out of it and i get some looks but thats about it. I am white by the way .

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SpideR_CentS

You are just as racist as everyone else... Dating outside of your race exclusively?... Wtf is that about? And it seems to me like you are looking for other people looking at you >_> What makes you think they are looking at you because you two are different races? Did they SAY anything?! No... Your not a mind reader.. I get strange looks all the time too.. Must mean that I have a black girlfriend that i just dont know about

VendettaRed07

Um, yeah. Listen, how is it racist to say I want to try dating outside my race and give a chance to girls I may not have in the past? And lets put into play that 2 of my best friends are black and I'm normally the one white dude hanging with like 10 black dudes. Knowing that there is differances in races and people in general isn't racism, its just truth. And when the entire bar full of white people like stops what they are doing and looks up at you when you walk in a place, you notice.

Diametraphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Diametraphine

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

SpideR_CentS

Um, yeah. Listen, how is it racist to say I want to try dating outside my race and give a chance to girls I may not have in the past? And lets put into play that 2 of my best friends are black and I'm normally the one white dude hanging with like 10 black dudes. Knowing that there is differances in races and people in general isn't racism, its just truth. And when the entire bar full of white people like stops what they are doing and looks up at you when you walk in a place, you notice.

Why does it matter what race your friends are, and what race you date? It seems as though a lot of the purpose of this thread is for you to try and prove you're personally not racist.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Diametraphine

Why does it matter what race your friends are, and what race you date? It seems as though a lot of the purpose of this thread is for you to try and prove you're personally not racist.

Not at all. I know who I am. Like I said, I was just shocked by the reaction I have gotten. And its not like it was just one place or one person. It was suprising.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

SpideR_CentS

When you let race be the factor is what he's going for I believe.....
Diametraphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Diametraphine

[QUOTE="Diametraphine"][QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"] Um, yeah. Listen, how is it racist to say I want to try dating outside my race and give a chance to girls I may not have in the past? And lets put into play that 2 of my best friends are black and I'm normally the one white dude hanging with like 10 black dudes. Knowing that there is differances in races and people in general isn't racism, its just truth. And when the entire bar full of white people like stops what they are doing and looks up at you when you walk in a place, you notice.

SpideR_CentS

Not at all. I know who I am. Like I said, I was just shocked by the reaction I have gotten. And its not like it was just one place or one person. It was suprising.

If you know who you are there's no need to post all of that stuff, we're not going to call you racist. What, are you calling us racist? And as I said, you got all of those looks because you were in a two man horse costume.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"]It could be worse. Try holding a guy's hand in public...scorch-62
Screw that! I'd try making out with him. Wait . . . =P

I never ventured that far in public :P
bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts

So do you wake up in the morning and say, "hmmm, I think I'll date a black women today"...?

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SpideR_CentS

So do you wake up in the morning and say, "hmmm, I think I'll date a black women today"...?

bruinfan617

Nope, was open to anything.

GHlegend77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 GHlegend77
Member since 2009 • 10328 Posts
I sort of subliminally discount people of other races, I don't mean to, but being raised in Arkansas and having somewhat racist parents ("Why would you want to date a black girl?"), it's sort of natural.
Diametraphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Diametraphine

[QUOTE="bruinfan617"]

SpideR_CentS

"Dating another race exclusively" Not according to your OP.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]There are still people around from when segregation was still a social norm. That could explain it.
change happens slowly.comp_atkins
 Your post reminded me of that. =P

i chuckled
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
I sort of subliminally discount people of other races, I don't mean to, but being raised in Arkansas and having somewhat racist parents ("Why would you want to date a black girl?"), it's sort of natural.GHlegend77
Why wouldn't you want to date a black girl is the real question. And I do mean the hot ones.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
dated three black chicks and never had an issue, well one of their dads was a black panther so we did not see eye to eye, but no public issues.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

Remember: the general public is stupid, don't except anything from...

On a side note: I was pretty much a minority in my high school (Indian) and the school was maybe 4% Indian. So basically, I ended up persuing girls that were anything but Indian. The idea of race in terms of a relationship never crossed my mind.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

[QUOTE="bruinfan617"]

Diametraphine

"Dating another race exclusively" Not according to your OP.

Yeah anything but white women. And can't call me racist on that, I dated white women for years lol.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
Remember: the general public is stupid, don't except anything from... munu9
The general public actually doesn't seem to care about interracial couples from what I've seen....
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="munu9"]Remember: the general public is stupid, don't except anything from... LJS9502_basic
The general public actually doesn't seem to care about interracial couples from what I've seen....

They're still pretty dumb (the general public) :x

AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
Profiling still exists. But more and more you see interracial couples. And it's becoming the norm. I think it's pretty hot XD