Would you rather have lived in Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia?

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Would you rather have lived in Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia?

I'll go with Nazi Germany...what the heck.:P

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Nazi Germany, Hitler wasn't killing his own people in massive droves after all...Well not directly...Unless you're Jewish or Homosexual or not Aryan
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
Interesting question, and to be honest I would say Nazi Germany. I have always respected the Germans in both world wars, and I would have loved to fight with the Germans on the Oder etc etc. ~And yes I am communist, but I would never fight under Stalin.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
I'd likely be dead in both so it doesn't matter to me.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
I'd likely be dead in both so it doesn't matter to me.clayron
Wait, you're African American, correct? You wouldn't be killed under Stalin's communist rule because everyone is treated equally in a communist state.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 optiow
Wait, you're African American, correct? You wouldn't be killed under Stalin's communist rule because everyone is treated equally in a communist state. gamerguru100
Stalin's state was a hidden dictatorship, not communism.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clayron
[QUOTE="clayron"]I'd likely be dead in both so it doesn't matter to me.gamerguru100
Wait, you're African American, correct? You wouldn't be killed under Stalin's communist rule because everyone is treated equally in a communist state.

Correct me if I am wrong, but under Stalin my race isn't the issue...its the fact that I am alive that would bother him...
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
The chance of getting dead in Nazi Germany is lower than that of Stalin's Russia so I'll have to go with Germany. Don't get me wrong, I have a great deal of respect for Russia in WWII but Stalin was a mean bastard, not saying Hitler wasn't, but Hitler was nasty to certain groups, Stalin was nasty to everyone.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Yikes, that's a tough one. As a male of service age, I don't have a great chance of living through either one of those. I guess I'd go with Germany, but try to surrender to the Americans.

ATLBIinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ATLBIinger
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

Nazi Germany because they were really technologically superior and I'm not sure living under stalin is great.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 optiow
Yikes, that's a tough one. As a male of service age, I don't have a great chance of living through either one of those. I guess I'd go with Germany, but try to surrender to the Americans.Palantas
Definitely. I would rather die than surrender to Russia.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
Nazi Germany. It'd give me an excuse to learn German.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

I suppose Nazi Germany. I'm not Jewish, so I wouldn't be sent away to die, where in Stalin's Russia, I may have had a higher chance of doing something to get myself killed. And even if I were drafted into the Nazi military, the casualty rate was not as high as it was for the Soviet army, so I suppose I'd have a better chance of living through the war.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Nazi Germany because with my luck I would be given ammo instead of a gun in the russian army.

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

nazi Germany. Never ever would i want to live in a communist country. Especially with that monster Stalin.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Palantas

And even if I were drafted into the Nazi military, the casualty rate was not as high as it was for the Soviet army...

Cube_of_MooN

You're probably correct about this. I'm going to run some numbers...

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

nazi Germany. Never ever would i want to live in a communist country. Especially with that monster Stalin.

dissonantblack
Pretty much
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

I'd go with Nazi Germany. I think I'd have better chances of survival there since I'm not jewish, and I would try to flee the country to neutral ground before getting drafted into the military.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clayron
Damn my ethnicity, getting me killed in time periods and countries I was never a part of. At least all of you could reasonably get by. *becomes a bitter man*
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Palantas

[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]

And even if I were drafted into the Nazi military, the casualty rate was not as high as it was for the Soviet army...

I

You're probably correct about this. I'm going to run some numbers...

If you look at the Wiki article...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_2_casualties#Human_losses_by_country

You had a 14% chance of dying in the Soviet Union, and a 10% chance of dying in Germany. Now, that's for everyone. Military servicemembers would have a greater chance of dying.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 optiow
And even if I were drafted into the Nazi military, the casualty rate was not as high as it was for the Soviet army, so I suppose I'd have a better chance of living through the war.Cube_of_MooN
It depends. If you were on the Eastern front you were pretty much dead, but on the western front you had a good chance of survival.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Palantas

I'd go with Nazi Germany. I think I'd have better chances of survival there since I'm not jewish, and I would try to flee the country to neutral ground before getting drafted into the military.

black_cat19

Well yeah, if you knew what was coming, Germany all the way. You'd have more money (high per capita income) and fewer restrictions on travel.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Palantas

It depends. If you were on the Eastern front you were pretty much dead, but on the western front you had a good chance of survival.optiow

I'd be interested in seeing those numbers, unfortunately, that might involve real research instead of just Wiki-ing it up.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]And even if I were drafted into the Nazi military, the casualty rate was not as high as it was for the Soviet army, so I suppose I'd have a better chance of living through the war.optiow
It depends. If you were on the Eastern front you were pretty much dead, but on the western front you had a good chance of survival.

I'd take 50/50 odds over 100% odds of being on the Eastern Front.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 optiow
I'd go with Nazi Germany. I think I'd have better chances of survival there since I'm not jewish, and I would try to flee the country to neutral ground before getting drafted into the military.black_cat19
But most of europe was taken over by Germany, and many from those countries were conscripted into the German military.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I guess Germany.
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 optiow
I'd be interested in seeing those numbers, unfortunately, that might involve real research instead of just Wiki-ing it up.Palantas
I don't know numbers, but I have researched it and most Germans ended up dead on the Eastern front, either from being taken prisoner or combat. Because those divisons were hardly ever pulled out, and many fought there from 1941 to 1945 without breaks.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I suppose Nazi Germany. I'm not Jewish and don't look like someone of Slavic descent (even though I am) so I think I would be alright on that part. I'm reasonably tall and blond so there's some points there. Either way though I would be serving in the army since I'm 20 and able bodied. At least in the German army you were better fed and equipped than the Red Army...
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
[QUOTE="Palantas"]I'd be interested in seeing those numbers, unfortunately, that might involve real research instead of just Wiki-ing it up.optiow
I don't know numbers, but I have researched it and most Germans ended up dead on the Eastern front, either from being taken prisoner or combat. Because those divisons were hardly ever pulled out, and many fought there from 1941 to 1945 without breaks.

Don't forget about the weather conditions as well since they were not prepared for the freezing winter of Russia.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Well I'm Jewish, so... neither. :?

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 optiow
[QUOTE="muller39"] Don't forget about the weather conditions as well since they were not prepared for the freezing winter of Russia.

Very true. I had forgotten about that. ~Also because the Russians attacked in later years in numbers, and so eventually your positions were overrun. And that equals death.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Nazi Germany. me and Hitler would have gotten along well.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Nazi Germany without a second thought. Though I'm not actually sure what they did to black people during the place and era...
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

If I was what Hitler described as the 'Aryan' race, I'd probably go with Nazi Germany to be honest.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Palantas

[QUOTE="muller39"]

Don't forget about the weather conditions as well since they were not prepared for the freezing winter of Russia.

optiow

Very true. I had forgotten about that.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm thinking all major wars up to Vietnam had more casualties from the environment (basically, disease) than from battlefield action.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#37 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
In all honesty, Nazi Germany.
YoJim8obaJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 YoJim8obaJoe
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts

Nazi Germany,highly efficient and had the best unifroms :)

SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts

Seriously, Russia. Its quite simple to stay alive in Russia during Stalins reign. You just don't ever mention his name.

And Stalin may have been as much of a butcher as Hitler but Stalin never did scientific experiments of people. Or gave soap made out of human fat to the inmates to wash with or gas people. No they just died from labor which is far better then dying from starvation.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Nazi Germany by far. For a Christian white guy, Nazi Germany would be infinitely better than the craphole that was Stalin's USSR
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
i would take russia
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Can i vote for Feudel japan :D

but i'd guess germany casue i love teh german tanks. *Jumps into Sturmtiger* what city block you want flattend first?

Note: i love blowing stuff up, so if your offended by my comment heads up.

StripTheSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StripTheSoul
Member since 2009 • 1665 Posts

Nazi Germany. I wouldn't be harassed, but I wouldn't be part of the master race. I could just go about my own thing, throw in a few anti-semite calls to keep Gestapo happy and life will be fine until Russia gets to Berlin, in which case I will flee to England.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Oh, and some else said. GERMAN WOMEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RUSSIAN WOMEN. Sorry but i've had only good experiances with the german ladies and mostly bad with ruskies.

dante5395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dante5395
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

since i'm not jewish probably german i mean he loved his people (unlike stalin in some way) exept if they were jewish or homosexual. But in the end everyone fought at berlin EVERYONE.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

Seriously, Russia. Its quite simple to stay alive in Russia during Stalins reign. You just don't ever mention his name.

And Stalin may have been as much of a butcher as Hitler but Stalin never did scientific experiments of people. Or gave soap made out of human fat to the inmates to wash with or gas people. No they just died from labor which is far better then dying from starvation.

SunofVich
I'm not a history buff. But wasn't there a lot of starvation going on in Russia at the time? My choice is neither.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Nazis please. White, male, Christian, Irish, tall, reasonably fit :P Yup Hitler would have loved me :D
hungry_pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hungry_pirate
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts

Nazi Germany without a second thought. Though I'm not actually sure what they did to black people during the place and era...tocool340
LOl they thought black people were even worse then jewish people. So don't think you would've had a quality life. Being black in that period it's pretty much garanteed that you will have a hard life.
As i'm half black and white with a jewish mother I would be ****ed in germany so I guess i'll take my chances in russia.(I think I would die pretty fast there too).

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

I'd probably have it much easier under Nazi Germany, but due to mysemiticlooks I'd probably have to change my name to sound more germanic and make sure I carry some indentification card with me clarifying that I wasn't jewish.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
[QUOTE="clayron"]I'd likely be dead in both so it doesn't matter to me.gamerguru100

my grandfathers whole family was purged by stalin, his mother father and three brothers were all killed.