Would You Press The Button that Ends The World?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
So let's say someone who really doesn't like us or our way of life uses their nukes on us and YOU are president. The country is guaranteed to be completely annihilated; no survivors and no chance to rebuild. Would you retaliate knowing full well you could drastically change the course of ALL human life or even get rid of it entirely? At first I was thinking I would push the button just to be like, "Well **** you too." However, I feel that a better decision would be to just let our enemies live and be hopeful that down the line, the people rise and come to their senses. Because the only country I could see nuking anyone would be one with a tyrant and I wouldn't want to knowingly end the human race.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

yes i would

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

That's a hard one, I don't have an option to just blow up the country or people that did this too us?

I'm going to say no, and hope that other countries realize what this other one has done and punish them. Might as well go out as a good guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
I want to say no, but i'd be feeling pretty spiteful. So maybe.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
No but life is just too hard.. too hard.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

No, it's kind of messed up to doom an entire country based on the idiotic decisions made by incompetent people.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

hell yes,and i didn't even read the op for details.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Ezpz lemon squeezey decision, No. Even if I'm doomed, I have no right to murder innocents, the people of the world aren't all evil, just a small group of them. Better to die and let humanity continue living, than die and take everyone with you.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

yes and when i would go down to hell id kick satan off my throne

CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

I wouldn't be able to do it.

Mario_Eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mario_Eater
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts
No, because you would come off as the evil guy in a situation full of bad guys... You would forever be remembered as the guy that screwed humanity for good... Besides, it would haunt my dead conscious for eternity....
tomo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 tomo90
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

Well if your 100% doomed then pressing the button won't solve anything, other than spark a chain reaction and kill billions who might not have even been initially involved in the conflict. This is besides the point however I'd make sure I wasn't doomed in the first place :P

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
It'd be a difficult question if it only obliterated the enemy country. I don't want to let them get away with destroying us without consequence, but I also don't want to kill every person in that country. Surely, most would have just been going along with their day at the time and likely wouldn't have chosen to destroy us if given the chance. Since it's either don't retaliate or destroy the planet, no, I doubt I'd press the button. I'd imagine I'd be disappointed in my final moments that I'd even allow a button to be set up that could launch an attack that destroys the planet.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
I'm a spiteful person so I would happily unleash hell to stop an eternity of suffering that could be.
svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Nope. Why destroy an entire country because of a goverment.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts
the president of the US probably has a bunker well underground stocked with enough food to last two centuries, and tons of concubines, he's no pressing that button
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Nope. Why destroy an entire country because of a government.

svenus97
Oh beautiful. Well said.
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

Hmm I don't know, I'm pretty selfish. If I was doomed I think I would want everybody else to be doomed too.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
No, wouldn't it be logical to go MAD on them?
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Yes I would. IMHO, humanity deserves it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

Say you don't retaliate, and then when you come out of your bomb shelter thirty years later you find that the land you once called home is being ruled by an evil communist government, the same one you declined to retaliate against thirty years ago. I say blow 'em to hell.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Say you don't retaliate, and then when you come out of your bomb shelter thirty years later you find that the land you once called home is being ruled by an evil communist government, the same one you declined to retaliate against thirty years ago. I say blow 'em to hell.

BATTOSAI76
But think about the children! But really, what about all the innocents you'd be killing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Inconsistancy

But think about the children! But really, what about all the innocents you'd be killing.

If their rulers would be so cruel to us then I doubt they would treat their citizens much better, they would probable be better off, as harsh as it sounds. Have you every watched a documentary on North Korea? The whole populace is brainwashed, and many of them don't receive proper medical care, it's really a sad way to live.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

So because my country got it's ass kicked the entire world should pay the consequence? Billions of lives lost just because I'm butthurt that millions in my country died? My family? Friends? Loved ones? Would that really give me an excuse to do what was done to me to billions of other people not involved in the conflict?

I wouldn't press the button, seriously how is yes voted more then no in this poll?

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Absolutely not...
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

Yes I would, since I'm President and therefore it's my job, the threat of the errant nuclear nation against other so-far untouched allied countries would have to be eradicated.

LuxInferior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LuxInferior
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

So because my country got it's ass kicked the entire world should pay the consequence? Billions of lives lost just because I'm butthurt that millions in my country died? My family? Friends? Loved ones? Would that really give me an excuse to do what was done to me to billions of other people not involved in the conflict?

I wouldn't press the button, seriously how is yes voted more then no in this poll?

XileLord
This! Whats up with you crazy peoples??!
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Was this thread inspired by MGS: PW?

And no, I would not.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lancea34
[QUOTE="XileLord"]

LuxInferior

I think it's because humanity deserves it, but others here would it based on their political views.
LuxInferior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LuxInferior
[QUOTE="LuxInferior"][QUOTE="XileLord"]

lancea34

I think it's because humanity deserves it, but others here would it based on their political views.

But it's not just humanity here, its all life on earth....who are we to make that decision? Admittedly, we are already doing a good job of wiping out all other forms of life....I guess if it meant just humanity, I would have to agree that the rest of the world would be better off.
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
No, selfish much?
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

I don't understand how half the people have voted yes. What's wrong with you ****:evil:

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

BATTOSAI76
Why does the evil government have to be communist ?
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lancea34

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

svenus97

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts
Firstly :lol: Do you honestly think anything humans can do short of ripping the earth apart into milions of bit size pieceswill end life here? If so you overestimate our races power Anyway, this is tough. I personally wouldnt want to, but... I'd never know. I hope I'd find a way to stop it before it happens though...
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

This is relevant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku2wFaaPAzI

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts
Yeah, sure. It's not like I'd care what happens to the world once I'm dead.... Then again, I could attempt to launch counter-measures to destroy those nukes before they reach my country. I'd at least attempt that before I press the button....
LuxInferior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LuxInferior

[QUOTE="svenus97"][QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

lancea34

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

All communists are evil, dontcha know?? They killed my cat.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Yes. I'm a vengeful person, if someone is willing to completely annihilate the lives of me and my people I'm sure not gonna stand there and take it. We go down fighting, we go down taking the world with us. I understand this is the greatest form of selfishness. But better him then me...
Feryraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Feryraiser
Member since 2009 • 1574 Posts

I suppose i wouldn't, just because id end up killing a lot of people directly, and then the aftermath would kill the rest of the worlds population indirectly.

LordsLoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LordsLoss
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

I would press it. If I'm going down I'm taking someone with me. After saying that, it reminds me of this story. I'm sure she would have pressed the button lol

"People say it was caused by a voodoo curse. A woman named Julia Brown used to rock on her front porch and sing a song that went, 'When I die I'm gonna take the whole town with me.' Well, on the day of her funeral, as they lowered her casket into the ground, the wind whipped up and the entire town of Frenier was swallowed."

http://www.paganspace.net/forum/topics/new-orleans-the-curse-of

BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
Yeah I would, might as well take them with me
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

even a lone totalitarian superpower contains the seeds of a revolution and an Enlightenment, which could grow and lead to another age of freedom and prosperity. that could be decades or centuries in the future, but I don't know if a completely anarchic Fallout-esque world would be a better starting position.

Techn0holic89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Techn0holic89
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts
I would but it would be unintentionally because I can be a klutz sometimes. Yup,the world would end all because I meant to hit the snooze button right next to it. poetic isn't it?
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Yeah, if we're all going to die indefinitely, might as well go out with our attackers too. Other countries will still reamin though so humanity won't just end.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I didn't think the split in the poll would be so even. :?