would you go out with this girl?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

If you found a girl who was extremely nice, very loving, had an amazing heart, very beautiful(your opinion of her), BUT you felt that your level of intelligence was like 500 times hers would you go out with her? My girlfriend right now isn't an idiot, but she's definitely not intelligent by any means and its ****ed up that I'm saying this, but its true. She IS an AMAZING gf, but I feel like i can never hold an intelligent conversation with her and if I do I have to seriously dumb it down. Thing is I'm not sure if its her fault or the school systems fault. I tried reading a few of her text books and I felt like they were written for a 4th grader... Also her Spanish text book was like 80% English. She also *****es at me saying I don't need a teacher I need a boyfriend when ever I try correcting something she messes up on, but I HAVE taught her a lot and she does speak a lot better, but her writing skills are a joke and her reading ability is decent. Whats your view on this? Would you go out with a chick like this?

swiftkillz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 swiftkillz0
Member since 2009 • 836 Posts
i get what you mean. if its an issue that makes you cringe and sigh i say end it. its reasonable too want a gf at your level intelectually
DjCristii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DjCristii
Member since 2009 • 247 Posts
yes, i dont need a smart girl in bed
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
I don't know. I hate stupid people. I could probably go out with her but as for a lasting relationship, I don't think it would work.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
no, i like having intellegent conversations with people, especially a person id spend a lot of time with. also i tend to look down apon people less intellegent than me, even if i dont show it. i dont want to look down apon my own GF.. if i did.. id put myself down because id say to myself thats the best i could get. to sum it up.. no, i want a nasa scientist.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bigblunt537

Shes mexican right? Makes sure shes a legal citizen first; then decide.Kasceis18

She's Puerto Rican and I honestly don't see how that relates to anything as I am Puerto Rican as well...

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
yes, i dont need a smart girl in bedDjCristii
yeah this.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

A wide margin in intelligence could be a problem but I think the most important thing is if you love spending time with her. If her intelligence is too low for you to enjoy yourself with her then it might not be worth it.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Just for clarification, this isn't one of those 'situations' where she's 12 and you're, like, 25 is it?
Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts

I would if I was looking for a short term relationship, I could never get into a serious relationship with her no matter how good looking she is.

Then again I can't say I've been put in this situation to many times.

swiftkillz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 swiftkillz0
Member since 2009 • 836 Posts

[QUOTE="Kasceis18"]Shes mexican right? Makes sure shes a legal citizen first; then decide.bigblunt537

She's Puerto Rican and I honestly don't see how that relates to anything as I am Puerto Rican as well...

yeah that was a random comment
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Just for clarification, this isn't one of those 'situations' where she's 12 and you're, like, 25 is it?67gt500
lol But really, I would probably say that if it's that much of a struggle and it bothers you then probably a no.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
I tend to be more attracted to girls with a level of intelligence similar to my own, and even more to girls with intelligence somewhat higher than my own (but not intimidatingly so).
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigblunt537

Just for clarification, this isn't one of those 'situations' where she's 12 and you're, like, 25 is it?67gt500

Uhh no I'm 19 and she's 18. Thanks for the replies though, but how would you feel if you thought you could possibly help her with her education? I mean I feel like I cant put all this on her as her fault because of the **** i witnessed.

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
For me it would depend on what you mean by stupid exactly. If you mean she doesn't know some facts which some consider to be common knowledge, then I wouldn't mind. But if you mean she doesn't understand how to make decisions that are beneficial for herself, or how to figure things out, then I could see that being a problem.
cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts

i dont know i do get kinda anoyed having to explain everything and do everything because im the only one who knows how even for my gf

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Shes mexican right? Makes sure shes a legal citizen first; then decide.Kasceis18

The band in your avatar has pretty much broken up :o

Time to change it?

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bigblunt537

I think i'm going to wait about a month and see if I can try and overlook this because in reality I dont think I've ever found an attractive girl that I could relate to on an intellectual level(although most are smarter then she is), and if I do find an attractive one they're taken or they're sluts.

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts

If you found a girl who was extremely nice, very loving, had an amazing heart, very beautiful(your opinion of her), BUT you felt that your level of intelligence was like 500 times hers would you go out with her? My girlfriend right now isn't an idiot, but she's definitely not intelligent by any means and its ****ed up that I'm saying this, but its true. She IS an AMAZING gf, but I feel like i can never hold an intelligent conversation with her and if I do I have to seriously dumb it down. Thing is I'm not sure if its her fault or the school systems fault. I tried reading a few of her text books and I felt like they were written for a 4th grader... Also her Spanish text book was like 80% English. She also *****es at me saying I don't need a teacher I need a boyfriend when ever I try correcting something she messes up on, but I HAVE taught her a lot and she does speak a lot better, but her writing skills are a joke and her reading ability is decent. Whats your view on this? Would you go out with a chick like this?

bigblunt537

Its so hard to find a loyal, caring, genuine girl it doesn't matter how acadamically intelligent she is. As long as she's not mentally retarded. The only type of stupid girls I dont like are ones that are ignorant.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

[QUOTE="67gt500"]Just for clarification, this isn't one of those 'situations' where she's 12 and you're, like, 25 is it?bigblunt537

Uhh no I'm 19 and she's 18. Thanks for the replies though, but how would you feel if you thought you could possibly help her with her education? I mean I feel like I cant put all this on her as her fault because of the **** i witnessed.

Well, like she said, she doesn't want you to be her teacher, she wants you to be her boyfriend... so, just be her boyfriend then. Be the best boyfriend that you can be for her and leave the education part to the, uh, educators!
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bigblunt537

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

Silvereign

Its so hard to find a loyal, caring, genuine girl it doesn't matter how acadamically intelligent she is. As long as she's not mentally retarded. The only type of stupid girls I dont like are ones that are ignorant.

Thats exactly how I feel...

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silvereign

I don't know. I hate stupid people. I could probably go out with her but as for a lasting relationship, I don't think it would work.Immortalica

The only stupid people I hate are stupid people who refuse to learn anything. If a girl is stupid but she's good looking, good heart, good morales and she's willing to learn and grow I would have no hangups about going exclusive with her.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

There somethings that I can ignore or let go.

Can't critize much about someone grades because mine are only average, but if she is blantly an idiot then no.

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silvereign

[QUOTE="Silvereign"]

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

bigblunt537

Thats exactly how I feel...

Everyone has their faults, their flaws. Where not perfect. You have to sacrfice. Some girl may be ugly but smart and good personality. Some girl may be good looking smart but a cold her b****.

A girl being a little bit behind but excelling in everything else is nothing to complain about.

At least you know she will never try to make you feel stupid. ;)

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

[QUOTE="Immortalica"]I don't know. I hate stupid people. I could probably go out with her but as for a lasting relationship, I don't think it would work.Silvereign

The only stupid people I hate are stupid people who refuse to learn anything. If a girl is stupid but she's good looking, good heart, good morales and she's willing to learn and grow I would have no hangups about going exclusive with her.

That what I was trying to say.

I hate the kind of people who are just lazy and don't want improve themselves. It is actually really unattractive.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Although i prefer smart girls... i would probably still date her.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Yes, I'd go out with her, but it'd be short term.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bigblunt537

Yes, I'd go out with her, but it'd be short term.GodLovesDead

Why would you waste your time and effort for a short term relationship? I've neevr understood that...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

This is why I dont go out with the chearleader stereotype I need intelligent conversations and I am willing to sacrafice some beauty in the women I go out with to get this because there will come a point in time when you are just talking to each other without having sex.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
As long as she is loving, caring, supporting, and is willing to stick with you until the end and as long as you love her, nothing else should matter. Ever.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
If she's as dumb as you say she is, no I wouldn't go out with her.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Intelligence is the most important thing I look for in a woman. As great a person as she may be, I want her to be either as smart as me or smarter. I personally find intelligence very sexy.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Yes, I'd go out with her, but it'd be short term.bigblunt537

Why would you waste your time and effort for a short term relationship? I've neevr understood that...

To see if the positives outweigh the negatives.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thepwninator

Intelligence is the most important thing I look for in a woman. As great a person as she may be, I want her to be either as smart as me or smarter. I personally find intelligence very sexy.

foxhound_fox
I agree wholeheartedly.
Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
I'm not expecting an Einstein or even a girl who is as intelligent with me, but she has to be able to hold her own in a conversation and be willing to learn.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#40 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

I see girls like this all the time. I'll humor them if I must, but I've a rule against dating people who are dumber than me. Or smarter than me. Or dating at all.

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Silvereign

As long as she is loving, caring, supporting, and is willing to stick with you until the end and as long as you love her, nothing else should matter. Ever.Im_single

TC IM TELLING YOU this is your answer. Judge someone on their morales and personality. Not how well their grades are.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I don't care if she is smarter than me or if I am smarter than her, or if we are equal in intelligence. Now I wouldn't want a complete ditzy girl, she needs some knowledge in that cranium of hers.

If she is caring and loving and has some physical attractiveness to her, she is okay in my boooks.

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

For a long-term relationship I couldn't be with an unintelligent girl. It's really your choice, though.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bigblunt537

thanks for the well thought out replies I truly appreciate it.

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Silvereign

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

thepwninator

I agree wholeheartedly.

I disagree. Intelligence is not the most important thing you should look for in a women. Their's some smart gold diggers, and female playas out there. Actually pretty much all the girls I have personally witnessed cheating on their boyfriends were pretty smart.

I say

1) Morales

2) Personality

3) Looks

4) Intelligence

Theirs just as many smart women as their is dumb women who suck at conversation.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thepwninator

[QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

Silvereign

I agree wholeheartedly.

I disagree. Intelligence is not the most important thing you should look for in a women. Their's some smart gold diggers, and female playas out there. Actually pretty much all the girls I have personally witnessed cheating on their boyfriends were pretty smart.

I say

1) Morales

2) Personality

3) Looks

4) Intelligence

Theirs just as many smart women as their is dumb women who suck at conversation.

With me, it'd be

1) integrity=intelligence

2) see above

3) personality

Scalien26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Scalien26
Member since 2006 • 5116 Posts

i really can't judge unless i see pics tbqh

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I would date someone like that, honestly I would love dating someone like that.

If she has a good sense of humor too, I fail to see any problems really.

Honestly speaking it is rare for me to meet someone who is on my mental level, and theyre often dry as a corpse, with the humor of a dead Tuna.

So Ive always prefered people who are less brainpower, more feeling (is it just me? or do smart people usually show less emotion then more grounded people?)

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bigblunt537

I would date someone like that, honestly I would love dating someone like that.

If she has a good sense of humor too, I fail to see any problems really.

Honestly speaking it is rare for me to meet someone who is on my mental level, and theyre often dry as a corpse, with the humor of a dead Tuna.

So Ive always prefered people who are less brainpower, more feeling (is it just me? or do smart people usually show less emotion then more grounded people?)

Maddie_Larkin

lmao the dead tuna made me laugh, but its true. Also to the other poster no pic, because it would be photoshopped a million times and end up on the interwebz forever although she is on my myspace which I'm not giving out either because then she'd have stupid friend request.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I say

1) Morales

2) Personality

3) Looks

4) Intelligence

Silvereign

Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't look for in a woman? I find a smart woman incredibly sexy, especially if she can debate me and win. I don't want to be in a relationship with a woman who can't match my intelligence. What are we going to spend all night talking about? Shoe shopping? Challenging me intellectually is basically the sexiest thing a woman can do to impress me.

Personality comes with intelligence, as does morals... and a woman who is as intelligent as me will most likely share my ideas about life. Looks are the least important thing I look for in a woman. Everyone gets old, everyone gets fat and there is no telling if someone is going to get severely injured and lose their looks. I want to love the person on the inside and have them be a match to who I am. If she isn't smart like I am, she won't match with me at all.

And I won't have to worry about gold diggers... I don't plan on living a life of luxury. If a woman finds out that I plan to live a modest life in a modest home with modest things and her major concerns in life are building a Prada collection, she'll leave pretty quickly, I can bet you that.