Would you be for or against legalizing drugs in USA?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HBK4life9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 HBK4life9
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

I would be for it to be honest. In my opinion having it illegal isn't deterring use. What it is doing is creating a much higher demand for them and raising costs. And as long as there is a lot of money in it there will be drug dealers willing to risk it. If it were legal companies would start selling it the way alcohol, tobacco and recently marijuana are being sold. That would drive down costs both allowing users to not degenerate into stealing, prostitution and other means of making money for it and draining some of the money from crime networks by taking away the need to go to them to get a fix. This is coming from the son of a crack addict who was the son of a crack addict. I also have uncles who were heroin addicts and a deep history of alcoholism on my mothers side so I know what they do to people but I also know that having them remain illegal isn't stopping most people from using that were going to use anyways

HBK4life9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HBK4life9
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Why would you need to bump the thread four minutes after you made it? This forum has almost zero activity. It'll stay on the first page, unless it gets locked, for days.

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aebghdfsc
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

No, because I don't use them and I don't see why anyone else should. I don't even care for the drugs we already have legal.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Portugal has decriminalized all drugs, which is not the same as legalization. However, the results have been very positive according to nearly every study after about 12-ish years of this policy.

While i think there needs to be a bit more time, according to the empirical evidence we have, I would be in favor of decriminalizing drugs. As far as legalizing them? Maybe. But lets get there one step at a time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Depends on the drug. I have no problem with marijuana being legal or at least decriminalized. However, harder core drugs such as heroin or cocaine certainly need to be regulated. Opium (precursor of heroin) nearly destroyed China in the past.

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aebghdfsc

The way I see it, if you support legalizing some drug, you obviously use it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@aebghdfsc: insane logic. Maybe we feel the harm it causes being a crime is greater and more expensive than the damage it causes being used. I suppose we should make alcohol illegal again as well?

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@aebghdfsc said:

Hardly. Straight people still support gay marriage, even if they have no use for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@XaosII said:

Portugal has decriminalized all drugs, which is not the same as legalization. However, the results have been very positive according to nearly every study after about 12-ish years of this policy.

While i think there needs to be a bit more time, according to the empirical evidence we have, I would be in favor of decriminalizing drugs. As far as legalizing them? Maybe. But lets get there one step at a time.

I'm from Portugal and I never really considered how this was different from other countries; to me it was just "normal".

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aebghdfsc

@AutoPilotOn said:

@aebghdfsc: insane logic. Maybe we feel the harm it causes being a crime is greater and more expensive than the damage it causes being used. I suppose we should make alcohol illegal again as well?

If you have a problem with getting caught with drugs, don't do them. Simple as that. I've never heard of anyone who didn't do drugs that suggested they be legalized.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XaosII

@korvus said:

I'm from Portugal and I never really considered how this was different from other countries; to me it was just "normal".

That's exactly it. From the evidence we have so far, decriminalization of drugs doesn't lead to the downward collapsing spiral of a society. It's perfectly normal for a society to coexist with strong recreational drugs as long as the population is well informed.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AutoPilotOn

@aebghdfsc: I am pretty sure in states that already legalized weed not everyone who voted for it uses it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AutoPilotOn

@XaosII: and instead of using tax money to arrest and put people in jail the taxes for the sells of drugs could be used for information and addiction help if things did get out if hand with certain people. Kind like what gambling does.

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aebghdfsc

@thegerg said:

@aebghdfsc said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

If you have a problem with getting caught with drugs, don't do them. Simple as that. I've never heard of anyone who didn't do drugs that suggested they be legalized.

"The way I see it, if you support legalizing some drug, you obviously use it."

The way you see it is factually incorrect.

And I suppose you have evidence to prove me incorrect?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AutoPilotOn

@aebghdfsc: I haven't see u prove your point either.

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By aebghdfsc
@AutoPilotOn said:

I don't have to prove anything. It's simple logic. If you don't smoke weed, you know how bad it is and see no reason to make it legal. And if someone DOES want it legal, then clearly they want to smoke it without getting busted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@XaosII said:

That's exactly it. From the evidence we have so far, decriminalization of drugs doesn't lead to the downward collapsing spiral of a society. It's perfectly normal for a society to coexist with strong recreational drugs as long as the population is well informed.

Yep. I grew up seeing drug dealers as criminals and addicts as people in need of treatment. Not once have I thought "Woohoo! I'm going to start doing drugs because I won't go to jail!". I also won't go to jail if I stick my penis in a blender, but I haven't tried that either. Somehow some people think that the only thing preventing people from doing things is jail time.

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aebghdfsc

@thegerg: Well, if you thought about what would happen from a societal standpoint, as opposed to an economic and judicial standpoint, you'd think differently.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@aebghdfsc: Your logic is flawed, of someone supports gay marriage, are they then obviously gay because why else would they support it? There are a lot of reasons why someone would support legalizing it, and if you cant see that you are either a troll or a 12 year old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@deeliman said:

@aebghdfsc: Your logic is flawed, of someone supports gay marriage, are they then obviously gay because why else would they support it? There are a lot of reasons why someone would support legalizing it, and if you cant see that you are either a troll or a 12 year old.

Now he's going to call you a junkie *** =P

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aebghdfsc

@deeliman said:

If I was a 12-year-old, I'd probably be doing drugs. Right now, anyone under the age of 20 is a stoner or some other druggie.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AutoPilotOn

@aebghdfsc: lol wow your really busting out facts today.

So your saying your choice to not use drugs is simply based on your age and if you were younger you'd be one of those druggies?

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aebghdfsc

@AutoPilotOn said:

So your saying your choice to not use drugs is simply based on your age and if you were younger you'd be one of those druggies?

Not because I want to, but because it's pretty much mandatory in American society. All teens are pressured into doing drugs, and they all succumb to said pressure. When I was a teen, I didn't do any drugs and I knew a lot of other kids who didn't do them. Things were more level back then. Now, with weed culture through the roof, there's no such thing as a drug-free teenager. This is a problem, because their generation will be taking the helm of America in the future, and with how perpetually stoned they are, our nation is doomed.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

@aebghdfsc said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Not because I want to, but because it's pretty much mandatory in American society. All teens are pressured into doing drugs, and they all succumb to said pressure. When I was a teen, I didn't do any drugs and I knew a lot of other kids who didn't do them. Things were more level back then. Now, with weed culture through the roof, there's no such thing as a drug-free teenager. This is a problem, because their generation will be taking the helm of America in the future, and with how perpetually stoned they are, our nation is doomed.

Don't be so naive; the nation is already doomed.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@deeliman said:

lol I made this point about five posts in

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Obviously. Portugal did it a while back and they've seen a drop in use.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

This thread has the potential to be extremely entertaining. Like watching shoppers at Wal-Mart. For the love of god, please continue.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I would be for legalizing marijuana, numerous designer drugs, and other recreational ones. I would not be for legalizing like crack cocaine and heroin.

@aebghdfsc said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

I don't have to prove anything. It's simple logic. If you don't smoke weed, you know how bad it is and see no reason to make it legal. And if someone DOES want it legal, then clearly they want to smoke it without getting busted.

If you don't smoke weed, you have zero experience with it and have absolutely no clue as to how "bad" it is.

aebghdfsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aebghdfsc
@Senor_Kami said:

I would be for legalizing marijuana, numerous designer drugs, and other recreational ones. I would not be for legalizing like crack cocaine and heroin.

@aebghdfsc said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

If you don't smoke weed, you have zero experience with it and have absolutely no clue as to how "bad" it is.

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that only stoners think weed should be legal.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 plageus900

@aebghdfsc said:
@Senor_Kami said:

@aebghdfsc said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that only stoners think weed should be legal.

Oh you're good.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@aebghdfsc said:
@Senor_Kami said:

@aebghdfsc said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

go back under your bridge

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@aebghdfsc said:

Or you dont want the jails overrunning with people who use drugs. I'd rather they be for more serious crimes.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Tough question. We're clearly wasting money fighting illegal drugs, even the devastating drugs. If people want it, they can get it. This enriches violent criminals by creating a black market. Illicit drugs would be made more safe and would curtain a great deal of crime where they regulated.

However, do we really want things like Heroin and Methamphetamine available for purchase at retail?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By plageus900

@aebghdfsc: How much wood could a wood-chuck chuck if a wood-chuck could chuck wood?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bforrester420

@aebghdfsc said:
@AutoPilotOn said:

You've clearly never taken a college-level course on logic. Stay away from Law School or Computer Science...your brain just may melt.

I don't smoke weed, I did a bunch in college and my early 20s, and I think it should be legalized. I've never done Coke or Heroin and I think they should probably be legally sold in a highly regulated manner. My mom and mother/father-in-law think Marijuana should be legal, and they've never touched it in their lives.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 XaosII

@aebghdfsc: I would really love for you to explain how all empirical evidence seems to be completely contrary to your point of view.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bforrester420

@XaosII: Because all empirical evidence points to aebghdfc being a complete and utter moron.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

It REALLY depends on the drug. For example, it's hard for me to ever see heroin being legal. It would have to be highly-regulated for sure.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AutoPilotOn

It's not his stance that drugs should stay illegal that I have a problem I understand everyone has opinions on the matter. It's his idea that the only people that could support legalizing use of drugs must be a user that's well crazy talk.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@korvus: lol. I dont know why people are stil bothering with him, his trolling is so obvious.

Tbh i shouldnt have replied either, but i guess thats just a weak spot of mine.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AutoPilotOn

@deeliman: but it seems to be what's keeping this thread going lol

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

@aebghdfsc said:

If I was a 12-year-old, I'd probably be doing drugs. Right now, anyone under the age of 20 is a stoner or some other druggie.

C'mon now, how can you guys take this man seriously? He's obviously trolling hard.