worst teacher you had at school/college

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wwe1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wwe1235
Member since 2011 • 37 Posts

who would you say has been your worst teacher , you dont have to say the name of the teacher if you dont want , you can do it if you want , but say why the person was a bad teacher

my 2 choices were both in primary , the first one which i am not going to name was this female teacher who was just really terrible , just kept shouting all the time , even made one boy cry once , and the other one was a male teacher who kept falling asleep in lessons and kept saying Good dog for some reason

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

maybe he had narcolepsy.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

my trig teacher. He knew the material (at least it seems that way) but he was horrible at teaching it to us. good thing trig wasnt that hard.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Mr Perkins my old Technology teacher constantly made jokes about me and was a douche,all because I burnt this kids hand with a solidering iron.......It was an accident of course!

at0micpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 at0micpotato
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

calc 2 professor, was russian can't even spell/pronounce his name but, horrible english, horrible teaching style/method, if anyone had a question and he was unable to explain properly (which most of the class agreed was 99% of the time), he would get pissed at the student for not understanding and say to just consult the book.

his tests covered everythign BUT what we covered in homework/test review, so most were pretty much failing. and it pisses me off how they had crappy teachers like him still employed when i know for a fact there's more than a dozen MUCH better teachers out there, yet this douche who cant even speak english right has a job, and a teaching one at that.......

think his name was eugene eugene kravosky some russian name like that

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Necrifer

Mr Perkins my old Technology teacher constantly made jokes about me and was a douche,all because I burnt this kids hand with a solidering iron.......It was an accident of course!

sexyweapons

That would've been the time you went out of your way to burn the hands of every student in class. Would've showed him! :x

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
IT teacher who couldn't work out how to turn the page in publisher.
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Necrifer

IT teacher who couldn't work out how to turn the page in publisher.

markop2003

What?

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

my calculus teacher in high school

he started off the year telling us he failed the class in college and that he had just taken a class the previous summer on how to teach it.

he didn't really know the material. when going over example problems in class, he would encounter a problem in his work and go look at his notes for 5 minutes, still not know what to do, and we'd end up having to get another math teacher from down the hall to come solve the problem.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Philosophy techer. Didn't know how to teach and questionable how he got a degree on it, considering we had an actual philosophy major in the class who knew more than he did, constantly showing what he was sawing was wrong in some way.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38699 Posts
one of my programming professors in college.. terrible. actually ended up being removed from teaching undergrads the semester after i took his class because there were numerous complaints.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

a "university high school" program English teacher who "corrected" my pronunciation of brethren by telling me to say "brotherin"

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
In college, it was a teacher who I believe is bipolar. Sometimes he would wave to me and call my name from 100 meters, and some other times he would get so pissed off and his eyes would turn red just from seeing me. He was the kind of a teacher that would you repeat a class for no reason, you just ticks him off. Sadly I had to take Embedded systems and database with him. He is one of the reasons that made me forsake a career in computer engineering.
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#14 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

My RE teacher, he use to throw stuff at us. I was happy to learn he was sacked for dating a student a few years after i left! LOL

MarioRPGer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 MarioRPGer
Member since 2005 • 11345 Posts

This replacement Spanish teacher who could barely speak English. Whenever someone asked to go to the bathroom, she would say and oftentimes yell "Control your spinchter!"

That was the only highlight of her duration.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Necrifer

a "university high school" program English teacher who "corrected" my pronunciation of brethren by telling me to say "brotherin"

surrealnumber5

lol, I hate people like that.

raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts

Numerous professors who read directly out of the book and my physics professor who use to work at NASA who couldn't understand how so many people could not make an A on such easy material MFW

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
My last english teacher in highschool... She could not smile.... To mention one thing.
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
My English teacher back in high school, he was kind of abusive. He would throw things and insults, and (I had a hard time with learning English) he said I suck, to give up English, i'll never learn etc. Later i decided to learn English by myself with books and internet, and became fluent in English within about a year. Guess it's my English teacher methods that sucked!
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

ive had two. one in high school and one in college.

in high school, he was a math teacher. i forget which math class. anyway, he was a horrible teacher. for most of the class, he would talk about unrelated junk. like how he knew the guy who invented the zipper, his times in the air force etc. just stuff we really didnt need to know or care about. then eventually, after having to ask him to teach us several times, he would write a problem on the board and go sit down. we would ask to to solve it, and he would say look in the book. only math class i ever failed.

next one is a current teacher i have now in college. she teaches my operating system basics class. she is real old. we have a wide vareity of ages in our class. one in particular looks to be her mid 40s and has no idea how windows 7 works. everyone else seems fine. just some backstory i guess. now i dont have my book yet, as financial aid did some BS on me. but im getting it soon. well she thinks that i HAVE to have the book or i wont know whats going on in class. She couldnt be more wrong. there hasnt been one thing she has taught that i didnt know. and she forgets what i tell her, so ive had to repeat myself three times so far. its just annoying, she treats me like ive never used a computer before, when in fact, i can things faster than she can. then we have the lady in her mid 40s, who has no idea what she is doing. she will ask the teacher a simple question, and the teacher will answer a question that wasnt asked. several times, we(classmates) had to answer her question because the teacher couldnt. i swear she is too old to be teaching. if it wasnt a required class, i would have dropped by now.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Necrifer

My last english teacher in highschool... She could not smile.... To mention one thing.

horgen123

Maybe she just couldn't smile with you around?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i had this biology teacher in high school who was just awful. i can only guess that he felt his class wasnt doing as well because of pressure or something (or maybe he just likes ****ing with people), but he would give us all packets of worksheets and tell us that it would be minor busywork and would be graded on completeness only to later announce "okay everyone, pass in your tests!" and fail us on it. his grading system was just unfathomable too. me and my lab partner would do the questions together and come up with the same answers only to get a 15 point gap in our grades.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts

[QUOTE="horgen123"]

Necrifer

Maybe she just couldn't smile with you around?

Over 6 years I have heard her make something that looks like a smile once. That's the closest to a smile. Honestly it's something people notice in her classes.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#24 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
My English II teacher. She was nuts and had us read stories about grungy everything. When I questioned her about something (pure curiosity) she would go into minute-long tyrades about how asking her questions would be the death of her. She also openly insulted people in the class. I haven't seen her since that semester. Hopefully, it stays that way.
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

Probably my Combinatorial Algothrims course in college. It was taught by this old man who I swear was just about completely senile as he couldn't get through a single problem without messing up somewhere and spending a good portion of the class trying to figure out what he did wrong. I felt bad for the guy because he was trying but I was pissed all the same because the class was essentially a waste of my time and hard-earned money.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

My 4th Grade Teacher Ms. Glaubman. She was a racist and didnt hide it one bit.

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

the teacher that i had for govornment and for psychology. She was a total feminist who talked about absolutely nothing but sex, and woman's rights in both classes. i remember one time we were talking about dreams, and it didn't matter what your dream was about, she said the meaning had something to do with sex. She would also just talk about sex and constantly try to patronize all the men in the room and establish the notion that we're all sex predators. oh, and she also said that Switzerland was part of Scandinavia....

Wren28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wren28
Member since 2005 • 27811 Posts

My algebra teacher in eighth grade...he had a horrible temper and we did not learn much from him that year.

And my English teacher my Junior year in high school. He spent an entire semester on The Scarlet Letter...I hate that book still because of him and he didn't teach us hardly anything beyond that...he also made us watch 2001 A Space Odyssey but fast forwarded through all the speaking parts...I thought this was English cIass, not music?

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
My english teacher who criticizes you on your opinion
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
My sexist fifth grade teacher. I didn't know that's what she was at the time, but now I know. So many unfair things happened it's funny. :P
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
As far learning goes, one of my professors in college had a reputation in the department for being the worst professor at the university. While most professors would use a powerpoint created for each class, this guy just had a 110 page Word document he would scroll through a little bit each day throughout the semester. He freely admitted he made the exams the night before he handed them out in class, and it showed as a lot of questions would have so many typos or vague wording that you just had to guess on an answer because there was no way to know what the question was asking. The best part was that some of these questions would be repeated word for word up to five times throughout the test ("Just another chance to get it right or wrong" he would say). His grading would also be pretty arbitrary, and it wasn't uncommon to put the same answer as someone else and yet get half the credit they did. You could then go up and argue with him about your answer, get to admit that he should have given you full credit for the answer, and yet he still wouldn't do it. And speaking of grading, it was GUARANTEED that he screwed up adding your points together so you would have to go through and add them up yourself to get your real score. I also had a teacher in high school who was less mature than many of the students. It wasn't uncommon for him to actually bully students in his class, I **** you not. The guy was pretty much reviled by everyone in the school.
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

Back in middle school I had a really bad PE teacher. She screamed and got angry at little things, and made my friend cry because he accidentally took someone's planner, thinking it was his.

Now, in AP Physics, my teacher is terrible at teaching. She doesn't explain things well, and is never prepared to class, everyone is freaking out because the things we have to learn are kinda hard already, and having a bad teacher doesn't help.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

My High School computer teacher, the class was a joke in the first place but the teacher was horrible and hated me and my friends.

One of my friends pooped in a bag and left it at her door, she was lucky we weren't mean enough to set the bag on fire too :P

Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts

I really hated one of the chemistry teachers I had. She was on her period 24/7 and just generally unacceptable as a teacher.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

There was my gym teacher in Elementary. He would scream A LOT, I was pretty scared of the guy, he made us march and sing," I don't what I've been told" or "Left foot, right foot" and he made us watch Hanukkahfilms and I still have no clue how that related to our gym class.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Probably one of my college professors that gave automatic A's so long as you just turned in assignments. She didn't care about length or content either. Or maybe that was my best professor...
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I have yet to have a bad teacher but I have had a few boring ones.:P
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I had an English teacher who was just terrible.

Couldn't spell, couldn't write, and couldn't tell the difference between a fact and an opinion.

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

General Maths in year 10.

I had a REALLY good teacher that I had for year 9 because I was in the lowest Maths class (I've only ever had one decent maths teacher in 13 years of school...) then my Principal decided it'd be a smart idea to move ALL the classes around including english, science, geography, history and maths and I got moved up to the 2nd highest class because I was blitzing the other one. This guy just over-explained. You think you'd get what he was talking about then just keep talking and talking. Nobody ever listened and I got 26% in my school certificate for maths...

TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

Ugh, where do I start :lol:

My entire life has been full of bad teachers

This spanish teacher, dudes name was Sr. Juarez and I'd swear the guy was one of the nastiest fellas I'd ever seen in his profession.

He'd openly mock you in front of everyone if you asked a question or made a mistaske, would always go on these racist tirades blaming white people "for the decline of civilization", constantly bash the US. Very rude and never had a good thing to say about anyone other than the studious latino students.

Had this HORRIBLE video teacher. She'd constantly criticize me and put people down, I fell behind in the class because I switched High Schools for a short period of time and where I switched didn't have any video classes. When I came back I was behind a year and was just starting out, I always tried to ask about tutoring or help to get me caught up and show me the ropes of the class but she always told me to ask my classmates. That was fine and good except for the fact that they were busy doing their own thing and never seemed to want to be bothered. I asked others at the school for some tutoring but I basically got nowhere, and she'd always give me a really hard time and make it seem like it was my fault. It was so bad that I left the class about 3 months in to my Senior year of HS

Had a photography teacher who was either high, stoned, or some combination of the two everyday. He couldn't control the class, taught us virtually nothing and never seemed to care.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44723 Posts
I discovered my psychology teacher was stealing his questions from the tests from other professors at prestigious universities, his class scores were based on take hom tests, he said we could use any resource at our disposal just not to allow us to copy off each other, so I used the Google, I don't know why but I Google'd an entire question with quotes and found a hit, with all the same multiple choices, then I learned it worked for most the questions on the test, basically the questions I noticed were on pages from other schools, it was like 100 level psychology class and this clown was taking these from like Psychology 320 from Harvard, Psychology 415 from Stanford, and or whatever, and everything was exactly the same, questions and their multiple choice answers. Also, he accused me of cheating because after I figured his trick out I stopped showing up for classes but I still did well on all the tests while other people that were not showing up were doing horribly, and since I wasn't failing he accused someone else in the class of giving me the answers. I also had a teacher at community college that was sleeping with one of his underage running start students. I swear I was like the only one in the class with a clue, I never said anything though but someone must have a couple a quarter or two later because the teacher got fired and when I was in the math study center I ran into him and asked why he was leaving he blurted out "I don't want to talk about it". I found his teacher rating page and it appears he's been booted out of other schools because many of the students fail his classes... I did good actually just taught myself out of the book (math books are designed that way after all), and he appears to have a history giving special attention to his female students as also mentioned in previous professor ratings, he like gets kicked to a new school every couple years I'm surprised he's still allowed to teach with that record.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Duriing my second semster of college, I took a class called "American Pop Culture." It was an interesting class since we learned about American Culture through comic books, but my teacher sucked mainly because she was one of those teachers that would assign a lot of work towards the last few weeks of the semester and she didn't want to read any of it, just complain about how much work there was to read. She was a half-ass grader too only giving people an A only if they talked in class or she liked them and not really caring for the content of their essays. Most class time was nothing but a waste since she would talk about stuff that wasn't even relevant to class.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12397 Posts

My first math professor ..... he would come in 10-15 minutes late, take another 10-15 minutes to set top his laptop with the projector in a class that was only 50 minutes, threw curveballs all the time in exams and he would tell us to look something up if we asked him a question. I got a C+ in his class ..... he was douche.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
My sixth grade art teacher who had me look through the garbage on the last day of school to find something that could be counted as a project, when I had already handed my real project in and she misplaced it.
amphitheater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 amphitheater
Member since 2011 • 128 Posts
My worst teacher would probably the one who taught the blackboard and not us the students. Whenever he discusses, he never faces us, only the blackboard.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

My math "professor" in college. He was always 30+ minutes late and at the wrong place on the right day. Thoughout the week we had class in different rooms. So on monday we would meet in room A. He would come 30 to 40 minutes late. Then on Tuesday when we meet in class B he would be waiting for us in class A. What a mess.

DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#47 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
Math teacher - She had horribly broken english, she was from egypt and when she moved to canada she went to a french school, then started to teach math at an english school. She never actually taught us anything. She just wrote stuff on the board and told us to copy it. Gave us crossword puzzles every couple of days and when exam time came around we weren't the least bit prepared. French teacher - In Quebec, if you go to an english school its required that you pass french class to graduate high school. This french teacher couldn't speak a word of english, so how are we suppose to learn french. She told us we should already know how to speak french. So we ended up doing french crossword puzzles for the entire year. Another french teacher - This was at a school for adults to basically go back to school (it was my only option to go there because I got kicked out of my other school, I was only 16). My first day in his class, he refused to speak english. He came over and tried and tried to get me to talk to him in french, as I'm in an english school, I should be allowed to speak english. He told me he was not allowed to speak english (it was actually a government policy as a way to teach us faster)... So I told him, well I cant say what I told him here but it was along the lines of "**** you ******" (he was a black man so hint hint about what the last word was) and I walked out of his class and didn't come back.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
My first year maths teacher. She struggled to understand anything beyond basic arithmetic and used to waste lesson time nattering about her form group before telling us all to get on with whatever books we were working from. She had no business teaching maths and definitely should not have been allowed to decide on our streaming - especially as she never once tested us.
FUloin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FUloin33
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts

My computer concepts teacher as of right now.

He has a monotone, and he takes forever explaining something. Everytime in class he makes it a point for us to ALWAYS turn off our monitors, and it affects our grade if we forget to.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

so i dont get banned i'll say i had one C word of a teacher