Worst job you ever had?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts
The job I currently have, working in retail hell.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]I worked receiving/maintenance/Janitor at JC Penny's for about 6 months. Had to clean up diarrhea and vomit on a daily basis for $7/hour.BossPerson
Why are people vomiting at JCPenny?

Let me guess: People thought the changing rooms were bathrooms.

Also, I bet the vomit is from kids.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

Working at McDonald's as a teen. I lost my sanity for the 10 months I worked there. The free desserts were wonderful though. 

cain006

I didn't think it was bad at all. I actually kinda liked it. After a week of working my brain really hard it was nice to not have to think about anything. Of course I worked front counter 80% of the time, probably the easiest job there is.

I did drive-thru the majority of time and the one I worked at had two lanes so it wasn't fun. It was the most annoying thing ever having to wear that headset nearly all day.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#55 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

working for bussels.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]8 hour shifts with no breaks or lunch. KnightSkull

That's illegal.

At least in the UK it is, don't know where you're from, for every 4 hours of work you should get a 15 min break.

Yes, it's illegal here to. I'm not quite sure how they got away with it. I'm sure they are using some law loopholes to screw their employees over.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

For me it depends on how you qualify what makes a bad job. My last job for example I had literally nothing to do most days of the week (essentially I got hired for a job that didn't exist) which is why I'm not at the job anymore. On the other hand when I worked in fast food I did so for five years in front of french fry grease.

Eh fast food is still probably the worst imo.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Definitely my limited stint in retail. Was thinking it would be a chiller low-pay job than the blue collar sh!t that I did until that point. OH GOD WAS I WRONG. WILL NEVER DO AGAIN EVEN IF I MADE TRIPLE WHAT I MADE THEN.

Allicrombie
retail bites big time.

Really sounds like Retail is one of the huge bottom of the barrel jobs no one wants. You'll never see me in Retail.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Working at McDonald's as a teen. I lost my sanity for the 10 months I worked there. The free desserts were wonderful though. 

soulless4now
I don't think I ever want to work at McDonald's either, or perhaps any fast food place. A job like that just feels as though its one of those jobs that's "congrats on the job, but it really feels like you can do better and have a much more successful job than that." However in this day and age, getting an awesome job you really want might as well be a Fairy Tale.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

I washed dishes for a couple of months one summer when I was a student.  Awful work and awful pay.  The only thing that made it worth continuing was the free meal each night.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
People saying retail are lucky to have never had a bad job. Try road construction. Even food service is worse.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#62 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
Unloaders at my stores are paid more then the regular associates. They seem somewhat satisfied with their job, more so then regular associates. And working at Wal-Mart is no where as bad as the job I worked a Kwik Shop (gas station owned by Kroger). It was by far the most miserable job. 8 hour shifts with no breaks or lunch. ferrari2001
You own stores?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lightleggy
Anyways, delivering pizza with your own gas money is horrible. The tips are horrible as well, but tbh I cant blame the customers. The price of pizza has gone up a lot in the past couple years. BossPerson
Lol people in my country don't even tip, literally, I think it's even illegal for a worker to accept a tip.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lightleggy
I've never had a "bad" job tbh, Worked at radioshack for a christmas season once, the only bad part was that everyone automatically assumed that I was some sort of super technician who knew absolutely everything about electronics and who could fix all of their problems and they would get mad when I tried to explain them that I was no expert. maybe the worst job would be as a misc. for a school, having to clean up basically everything or carrying supplies from one room to another, it wasn't a walk in the park either but I can't really complain about it. Also being an Aidecamp for my uncle's wife business which arranged conferences, symposiuns (or whatever their name is) and stuff like that. That one was pretty fun actually, they'd put me in charge of security (the entrance), calling the guests to the hall, sitting them, making sure every expositor was on time or just general supervision...I remember some guys even tried to break into one of the events and they had even made a fake pass, I wouldn't let them go in but they were insisting and were getting kind of violent, so my cousin (who is like a 20 years old Schwarzenegger) had to scare them off :P I do however know people who've had horrible jobs, apparently agriculture is pretty hard, like hard enough to make Mcdonalds feel like paradise. And a shoestore, my friend almost went nuts there, she would have to fake a smile for extremely rude customers who treated her like shit for no reason, all day long, for a horrible wage.
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#65 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

[QUOTE="MuD3"][QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

That's illegal.

At least in the UK it is, don't know where you're from, for every 4 hours of work you should get a 15 min break.

coolbeans90

thats the same law in the US

That varies state by state. Federal gov't technically doesn't mandate a lunch, but it adds certain stipulations IF an employer offers a lunch break.

That's correct.  I've lived in NC for 17 years and only recently found out that North Carolina law doesn't mandate breaks or lunches.   IT's considered a "privilege",  not a right.   But most  business policies still grant a break for every 4 hours, a break and lunch for 6 hours, and two breaks and a lunch for 8 hours.   But if you work some shitty ass job like a gas station clerk,  you might have to take them on the job.   ewww.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

I was a waiter for a couple of months during college. Colleagues and even the boss were nice, but the pay was shit, the hours long and standing for over six hours every day, six days a week is painful (other than having a single day off/week, usually on Monday or Wednesday).

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

Toph_Girl250
I don't think I ever want to work at McDonald's either, or perhaps any fast food place. A job like that just feels as though its one of those jobs that's "congrats on the job, but it really feels like you can do better and have a much more successful job than that." However in this day and age, getting an awesome job you really want might as well be a Fairy Tale.

If you can avoid fast food I highly suggest doing so.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]Unloaders at my stores are paid more then the regular associates. They seem somewhat satisfied with their job, more so then regular associates. And working at Wal-Mart is no where as bad as the job I worked a Kwik Shop (gas station owned by Kroger). It was by far the most miserable job. 8 hour shifts with no breaks or lunch. lightleggy
You own stores?

Nope, that was suppose to be singular. I work at Wal-mart as an associate. I wish I owned Wal-mart then It'd be a much better store and I'd be making millions.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]8 hour shifts with no breaks or lunch. ferrari2001

That's illegal.

Yes, it's illegal here to. I'm not quite sure how they got away with it. I'm sure they are using some law loopholes to screw their employees over.

Actually I just looked it up and I was wrong. Kansas has absolutely no law that requires an employer to provide breaks or lunch periods to their employees. So that explains how Kwik Shop got away with not giving their employees any time to eat during their shift.
Abigorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Abigorus
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

The company I worked for did AT&T Webhosting Tech support for shared webhosting... It was hell.

MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts

Pizza boy. And no, women never invited you into their home :/