Will Thanos to live up to the hype next years Avengers: Infinity War?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56223 Posts

Marvel Cinematic Universe been teasing us for 5 years. Thanos sitting around, acting like he's gonna be the final MCU boss someday without actually doing anything? If MCU movie creators actually follow the way Thanos is portrayed in the comics (specifically The Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War), then Thanos will not only live up to the hype, he will surpass the hype and be one of the most memorable villains in cinematic history!

Has MCU drop the ball for so long or is he still hype?

Not really heavy spoilers but here's a vid of all Thanos small appearance in Avengers 1/2, and Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos-all scenes in the MCU

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They have been teasing the Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet storyline since Iron Man 2.

I've been desperately awaiting next May. Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet are my favourite Marvel character/story. The first Guardians movie caught me completely off guard. And I've been disappointed with the lack of Thanos' presence since then. He is the main reason all these movies have been made... he should have been a bigger threat.

Either way, if it's not a perfect 100 on Rotten Tomatoes, it's going to be considered a disappointment. I fully admit my hype being far higher than it probably should be, but I loved , Guardians 2, Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok, so they are on an up-trend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b173a489ba56
deactivated-5b173a489ba56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-5b173a489ba56
Member since 2017 • 367 Posts

I wouldn't pivot my expectations about Infinity War around Thanos himself.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@stormcast said:

I wouldn't pivot my expectations about Infinity War around Thanos himself.

People are going to see Infinity War for VS Thanos.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44307 Posts

Yeah I think that he’ll live up to the hype. The Marvel movies have been absolutely killing it and I really expect no different from this one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

I doubt it.....nothing does. But Marvel tends to be over-hyped and praised.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3041 Posts

I've been hyped since he was teased in Avengers. There's really no way it can let me down. Just seeing Thanos on screen will be enough for me. All this time while sitting in his chair we could have had a origin movie about him though. Thanos Rising is an amazing comic series , and could have totally been done in a single movie.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

I kind of doubt he will live up to any sort of hype, but I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to some one of the villains anyways aside from Loki who's more of a freinemy at this point anyway. You know? I tune in for the cast of heroes sort of expecting to be let down by the villains, which I usually am (not Hella though) and I still love the movie regardless.