Why legalize weed but not Cocaine or Heroin?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts

I've never understood the stance on drugs like Cocaine and Heroin. If weed were to be legalized, why not cocaine and heroin. The danger of those two drugs is exaggerated to an extreme (just like marijuana is called the gateway drug and there is more nonsense out on it).

Why does it matter if someone consumes something that does not affect you at all. Cigarettes kill your lungs and damage others around you yet it is legal. Alcohol is responsible for more death than a drug like cocaine ever will be. 

Cocaine and heroine are not the only drugs that I want legalized either. Many other like LSD, Crystal meth, etc. 

It seems like the drugs that provide the greatest euphoria are the ones that are banned( Soma, cocaine, LSD, mushrooms). In fact, if you take both Cocaine and heroin at the same time, which is safe as long as you don't overdoes, it provides a greater feeling than an ORGASM for more than TWENTY minutes. 

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.m25105

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.m25105
Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Omni-Wrath

Alcohol can also ruin peoples lives quite as easily. And if heroin is consistantly avaliable legally, it won't be a problem. Same with cocain. Those drugs are cheap to make. If avalaible, there is no problem with them

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

lol @ "the dangers of heroin are exaggerated"

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Omni-Wrath

Also, if heroin does destroy someone, it is their choice. 

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pirate700

[QUOTE="m25105"]Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.Omni-Wrath

Alcohol can also ruin peoples lives quite as easily. And if heroin is consistantly avaliable legally, it won't be a problem. Same with cocain. Those drugs are cheap to make. If avalaible, there is no problem with them

If you're really going to compare alcohol and pot with hardcore drugs like coke and heroin, there really isn't any point trying to debate or reason with you...

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Omni-Wrath

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="m25105"]Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.Pirate700

If you're really going to compare alcohol and pot with hardcore drugs like coke and heroin, there really isn't any point trying to debate or reason with you...

What are the reasons why cocaine and heroine should be illegal? By what standard. Cigaratess and alcohol cause thousands of deaths each year. "Hard core drug." Yes, it is hard core in the euphoria it gives you. And how does it affect you if I do take cocain and heroine? In what way? 

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

I've never understood the stance on drugs like Cocaine and Heroin. If weed were to be legalized, why not cocaine and heroin. The danger of those two drugs is exaggerated to an extreme (just like marijuana is called the gateway drug and there is more nonsense out on it).

Why does it matter if someone consumes something that does not affect you at all. Cigarettes kill your lungs and damage others around you yet it is legal. Alcohol is responsible for more death than a drug like cocaine ever will be. 

Cocaine and heroine are not the only drugs that I want legalized either. Many other like LSD, Crystal meth, etc. 

It seems like the drugs that provide the greatest euphoria are the ones that are banned( Soma, cocaine, LSD, mushrooms). In fact, if you take both Cocaine and heroin at the same time, which is safe as long as you don't overdoes, it provides a greater feeling than an ORGASM for more than TWENTY minutes. 

Omni-Wrath
Don't make me find you a list of famous people that were killed by speedballs. Anyways, I agree for LSD, but heroin is just too hardcore.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

it'll cut into all the opiate and ritalin prescriptions

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Omni-Wrath

What are the reasons why cocaine and heroine should be illegal? By what standard. Cigaratess and alcohol cause thousands of deaths each year. "Hard core drug." Yes, it is hard core in the euphoria it gives you. And how does it affect you if I do take cocain and heroine? In what way? 

If you really don't know the difference in side effects between alcohol/cigs/pot and someone addicted to coke or heroin, you are proving my point that there is no point in discussing this with you.

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Omni-Wrath

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

chaplainDMK

Don't make me find you a list of famous people that were killed by speedballs. Anyways, I agree for LSD, but heroin is just too hardcore.

If you can get a consistant supply of heroin, you'll be fine (which would happen if it were legal).

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Omni-Wrath

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]If you're really going to compare alcohol and pot with hardcore drugs like coke and heroin, there really isn't any point trying to debate or reason with you...

Pirate700

If you really don't know the difference in side effects between alcohol/cigs/pot and someone addicted to coke or heroin, you are proving my point that there is no point in discussing this with you.

You didn't answer any of my questions. You are just sidestepping. 

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pirate700

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"][QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Omni-Wrath

If you can get a consistant supply of heroin, you'll be fine (which would happen if it were legal).

:lol: Ok...this has to be a troll thread. 

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I heard weed isn't addicting and you can't overdose from weed.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="m25105"]Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.Pirate700

Alcohol kills an amazing amount of people every year. Granted alcohol is used more, but that doesn't negate the fact alcohol can be a very dangerous drug. Abuse can cause people to be violent, physically addicted to the point where quitting cold turkey can kill them, and ruin both their professional life as well as their family life. While I do think heroine is a harder drug with greater potential for abuse, I think the comparison is just fine. If we are going to make one drug illegal based on major potential harm, alcohol in no way should get a pass. I personally believe the government shouldn't concern themselves with what an individual puts in their own body.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#18 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Omni-Wrath

That would cost a huge amount of money. You're kidding yourself that if on the extremely slim chance it ever gets legalized it won't get taxed like crazy.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Because heroin and cocaine actually kill the user, and affect more people financially and emotionally.

***My assumptions***

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#20 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Omni-Wrath

What??? Cocaine/heroine/LSD/meth (and even weed) affect far more people than just those who do the drugs. Every time some junky robs another person to get money for their drugs it's affecting other people, every time they drive under the influence they are potentially affecting other people. That is such an ignorant argument. If cocaine/heroine/meth was legal, it would kill far more people than alcohol, it's just not readily available to the general pop like alcohol is. I do think that weed should be legalized, for the most part, but for reasons far more logical than this. 

Your post went from stupid to thoughtless the second you typed "heroine + cocaine=safe."

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
weed has ruined peoples lives lol. i know plenty of guys who gained weight and ended up not finishing high school. life hasnt amounted to much since. its like the underachievers drug for those who can't handle the high while maintaining a job or going to school. but the real answer is because other drugs actually kill people if they overdose.
flashback01231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flashback01231
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

i think this should be discussed in an opium den :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178881 Posts
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Coke and Heroin are alot more damaging, as already mentioned.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
All drugs should be legal and should be treated as what they are: a public health issue. Not a criminal issue. It's your body, you do what you want with it.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kuraimen
Alcohol does that too...
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
All drugs should be legal and should be treated as what they are: a public health issue. Not a criminal issue. It's your body, you do what you want with it.kuraimen
No.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50693 Posts
It is their bodies, let them do what they want with it.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]All drugs should be legal and should be treated as what they are: a public health issue. Not a criminal issue. It's your body, you do what you want with it.LJS9502_basic
No.

Great argument there :roll:
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Not sure if it was mentioned already but a company can distribute weed and not be liable from law suit from the deaths it will cause. Can't say the same for the harder drugs mentioned.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]All drugs should be legal and should be treated as what they are: a public health issue. Not a criminal issue. It's your body, you do what you want with it.kuraimen
No.

Well I thought your points were very naive and did not to address the cost to society. But I expect no less from you TBH.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] No.LJS9502_basic

Well I thought your points were very naive and did not to address the cost to society. But I expect no less from you TBH.

How about the cost of fighting a drug war that can't be won and that causes thousands of deaths in places like Mexico due to drug lords who become powerful by trafficking illegal substances. In order to give an opinion you have to actually know how to analyze and debate the issue not shut off your brain and type a couple of words. A trained parrot could do that.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Omni-Wrath

Don't you think the very fact that you are using a substance that can very easily kill you if you don't take the right amount, and the fact that heroins side effects have to be countered by cocaine, a little bit worrying? I mean sure alcohol can kill you, but you have to take such an ungodly amount most people pass out way before then. Heroin is incredibly easy to OD on (go talk to JJ, Vicious, Staley etc. etc.). The fact that these rock stars that have waaay more money and connections than an average man will ever have, regularly OD on heroin even after years of experience should be point enough.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I would decriminalize everything. Works in Portugal and in the U.S. we have far more people in prison for drugs than they ever did.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Great argument there :roll:kuraimen

How about the cost of fighting a drug war that can't be won and that causes thousands of deaths in places like Mexico due to drug lords who become powerful by trafficking illegal substances. In order to give an opinion you have to actually know how to analyze and debate the issue not shut off your brain and type a couple of words. A trained parrot could do that.

Fighting crime is always going to cost money....that doesn't mean we remove law.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Well I thought your points were very naive and did not to address the cost to society. But I expect no less from you TBH.LJS9502_basic

Fighting crime is always going to cost money....that doesn't mean we remove law.

But the crime is created by the law and the law has proven useless since the problem has no sign of stopping and is getting worse, war-like levels of worse. That money fighting that useless war (trillions of dollars) could be used helping people with addiction to overcome their problems.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Thats like saying we should legalize PCP.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#39 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
All drugs should be legal and should be treated as what they are: a public health issue. Not a criminal issue. It's your body, you do what you want with it.kuraimen
It does when we all have to pay for their mistakes.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14831 Posts

What happens if you smoke too much pot?

What happens if you sniff too much cocaine or inject too much heroin?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

What happens if you smoke too much pot?

What happens if you sniff too much cocaine or inject too much heroin?

SOedipus
All sorts of legal chemicals you can sniff and make you high that will kill you.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]All drugs should be legal and should be treated as what they are: a public health issue. Not a criminal issue. It's your body, you do what you want with it.hiphops_savior
It does when we all have to pay for their mistakes.

We're already paying for a failed drug war that costs trillions of dollars and thousands of innocents dead. I'll say legalizing is the lesser of two evils.

A person driving a car can do a mistake and kill some people that doesn't mean we should ban cars just make sure people don't do stupid stuff with them.

Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Iceozo
Member since 2009 • 6441 Posts

[QUOTE="m25105"]Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.jsmoke03
weed has ruined peoples lives lol. i know plenty of guys who gained weight and ended up not finishing high school. life hasnt amounted to much since. its like the underachievers drug for those who can't handle the high while maintaining a job or going to school. but the real answer is because other drugs actually kill people if they overdose.

Of course if you use too much of anything it can ruin you. If I sat on my arse and played video games all day I would fail at schooling/my job, if I was addicted to caffeine or caffeinated drinks my kidneys would fail me. Every thing is about moderation. Pot is no different, even if abusing the shit out of it won't kill you.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Renevent42

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="m25105"]Last I checked, weed didn't ruin peoples lives and made them into a dick sucking junkie robbing their own mothers to shoot a needle in their vein.Iceozo

Of course if you use too much of anything it can ruin you. If I sat on my arse and played video games all day I would fail at schooling/my job, if I was addicted to caffeine or caffeinated drinks my kidneys would fail me. Every thing is about moderation. Pot is no different, even if abusing the shit out of it won't kill you.

That argument applies to all drugs and activities, though.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

It's physically impossible for a human being to overdose on Marijuana. 

The same is not true for Heroin or Cocaine.  In fact it's quite easy to overdose on both of these drugs and that's what makes them so lethal.  If you manage to survive using them, you may acquire a crippling physical addiction to them. 

Once again, not possible with Marijuana. 

Marijuana is a plant, not a purified manufactured drug that can kill you in a single use.  I'm all for Marijuana, but Cocaine and Heroin are both things that I'm okay with being banned.  

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Renevent42

The OP's original argument was alcohol, though. And the reality is it is very easy to overdose and die from alcohol and many people do each and every year. In addition, alcohol is highly addictive, and even if one doesn't overdose and die tens of thousand of people have their lives ruined due to alcohol addiction.

It's not all that different from cocain and heroine.  They are definetly stronger drugs, but if the idea is banning things based on harm, there is no way in hell alcohol should get a pass.  It's a double standard.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I'm still pretty anti-marijuana, but it has medical benefits and isn't nearly as addictive as people say.

Cocaine and Heroine are cripplingly addictive and rule your lives in most cases.

Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
Too much Mary can cloud the brain, I've seen it happen. Also can lead to some heart issues late in life. Heroin or Cocaine.. I'm pretty sure if you do too much of that I can just look at you and tell. I'd rather smoke all day than shoot up and watch my teeth fall out.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Just decriminalize them. You do cocaine totally fine without sucking dick - ever take sudafed?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Just decriminalize them. You do cocaine totally fine without sucking dick - ever take sudafed?

WTF are you talking about?