Why does the Us support israel?

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crusher89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crusher89
Member since 2007 • 480 Posts

I can understand the religious motives behind it but everything us makes no sense. Its palenstinians land as when we just gave it to them after world war 2. one of the main reasons of terrorism against the us and its allies is because the us supports israel when its their land. some ppl will come in here and say it was theirs first because they lived on it thousands of years ago but lets be realistic here. if americans really believed that then they should give all the land back to the natives as they were here before everyone else. do u think thats ever going to happen? no. so why do ppl accept that its israels land then. wouldn't it be better for western countries and the middle east if we no longer supported israel?

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
I also think it's a bad move. I don't think they should support Palestine, mostly because they are both in the wrong, but they defintely shouldn't be taking sides especially when Israel is doing horrible things.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
to screw my life! thats why. but anyway im sure this topic will turn out to be a perfect example of the world that i hate to no end, so im not coming back to it.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

I can understand the religious motives behind it but everything us makes no sense. Its palenstinians land as when we just gave it to them after world war 2. one of the main reasons of terrorism against the us and its allies is because the us supports israel when its their land. some ppl will come in here and say it was theirs first because they lived on it thousands of years ago but lets be realistic here. if americans really believed that then they should give all the land back to the natives as they were here before everyone else. do u think thats ever going to happen? no. so why do ppl accept that its israels land then. wouldn't it be better for western countries and the middle east if we no longer supported israel?

Crusher89

The land doesn't belong to anyone, you want it then take it, if not then who ever has it now gets to keep it. Thats how its worked since man kind has walked the earth. I don't care who claims to have had it in the past.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Because it's Isreal's territory(now adays) and they give some to others and get attacked for it. That's not right.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

You put them there. Atleast your helping them...
Im not saying that what they are doing is okay, but still its kinda your fault they are there in the first place.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Crusher89

Your looking at this from some sort of a moral perspective in some areas of your post. Scratch that view. Governments don't give a **** about people, as long as their power is retained.

Israel is strategically located where the U.S. has few allies. It is a leverage point of sorts. Is it worth supporting them? I don't know. A lot of hotshots in D.C. think so. There is lots of oil near Israel. Just something to think about.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

Really I don't know... it's seem like both sides are basically completely stupid about the situation.

Also it's not the main reason for terrorism against the US. We've messed up in the middle east several times, but mostly our problem has steamed from Al Qaeda members who we funded to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="Crusher89"]

coolbeans90

Your looking at this from some sort of a moral perspective in some areas of your post. Scratch that view. Governments don't give a **** about people, as long as their power is retained.

Israel is strategically located where the U.S. has few allies. It is a leverage point of sorts. Is it worth supporting them? I don't know. A lot of hotshots in D.C. think so. There is lots of oil near Israel. Just something to think about.

Also Israel can be relied on to keep Middle Eastern countries in line, Iran is more worried about what Israel might do if they go too far with their Nuclear program then what the U.S will.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
The only reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we back Israel.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

I honestly do not know. I mean, the initial support and founding of Israel makes a tiny bit of sense ("Oh, we need a home for the Jews, blah blah blah") but to be truthful that was actually Britain's doing, not the US's. We provided, and still do, military support, hardware, and training, which is a damn shame.

In my opinion, the Jews have a home, its the United States. I dont know why Zionists are so convinced they need a country that is all Jewish.

On moral grounds, however, I think the US needs to stop supporting Israel. What they are doing is simply horrible, and given the history of the Jews, its hypocrisy.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="Crusher89"]

mattisgod01

Also Israel can be relied on to keep Middle Eastern countries in line, Iran is more worried about what Israel might do if they go too far with their Nuclear program then what the U.S will.

I honestly think it is more about keeping oil in line. If the Federal Government was seriously concerned about the nuclear Iran issue, they would have sent them back to the stone age years ago.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25

The only reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we back Israel. wstfld

seriously, you think that is the only reason?

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I think it's partly religious in that Jews as well as many Christians want the Jews to be in the Holy Land. and part political in that we want some ally in the middle east as a check on everyone else there.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

1. Jews own alot of big corps in the US.

2. US wants a lapdog in every part of the world and they want the most powerful one - I don't think they have one in South america as yet but as for the other territories (EU- England, Asia - Japan (too bad china is the super power there.. really tramped with their plans, Middle East - Israel)

3. Israel main religion is not Islam.

4. Did I mention Jews have alot of influence in the US? Too much if you ask me.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
The only reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we back Israel. wstfld
From what I recall it's because the Saudi royalty accepted the US over bin laden :lol: could be wrong as a circle though.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

[QUOTE="wstfld"]The only reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we back Israel. mrbojangles25

LOL. No, but I definitely think its a huge reason.

jehuty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 jehuty12
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

I honestly do not know. I mean, the initial support and founding of Israel makes a tiny bit of sense ("Oh, we need a home for the Jews, blah blah blah") but to be truthful that was actually Britain's doing, not the US's. We provided, and still do, military support, hardware, and training, which is a damn shame.

In my opinion, the Jews have a home, its the United States. I dont know why Zionists are so convinced they need a country that is all Jewish.

On moral grounds, however, I think the US needs to stop supporting Israel. What they are doing is simply horrible, and given the history of the Jews, its hypocrisy.

mrbojangles25

Well Isreal is completely surrounded by people that if they had their way they would have Isreal gone. Although I think that a lot of things that Isreal does is justified I can see how they think such overwhelming force is necessary.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

jehuty12

Well Isreal is completely surrounded by people that if they had their way they would have Isreal gone. Although I think that a lot of things that Isreal does is justified I can see how they think such overwhelming force is necessary.

well the stupid thing is that the Zionists chose the spot. You cant jump into shark-infested waters and go "What the hell? Why did I get bit?!"

But that is besides the point; initially, Israel was able to coexist in the region. I remember speaking to a Holocaust survivor that was one of the first Israeli citizens (she later moved because she did not approve of Israel's actions), and she told me that they had their bit of land, and they existed alongside arabs peacefully.

Israel has generally been the aggressor, and they have done a lot of things to deserve being surrounded by countries that hate them. It goes beyond the traditional ethnic/religious hate, and into far more practical, reasonable causes for conflict.

Patatopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Patatopan
Member since 2008 • 1890 Posts

I'm almost positive that there's some under the table kind of stuff going on.

sosodat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sosodat
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts

Because it's Isreal's territory(now adays) and they give some to others and get attacked for it. That's not right.

Flamecommando
Its not israels territory if the land is occupied! And its not like the palestinians ask for all of israel anymore they understand that the state exists What they want is a state that should be on the 1967 occupied terrotories. Nobody in the international community recognizes israels illegal annexation and yet they still want to take more land WHY? because they understanding that while negotiating they will be able to take the big settlement blocks and thats why israel opposes a new UN resolution that the palestinians and some countries in europe wnat to bring to the securtiy council which recognises the 1967 borders as there land that way enabling them to independently declare a palestinian state. and there are some nooks and crannies as well from both sides but im to lazy to talk about them ha
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

The United States needs a powerful ally in that region. Israel has the military potential to destroy all of their enemies. That is an ally worth having on your side.

sosodat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sosodat
[QUOTE="Ontain"]I think it's partly religious in that Jews as well as many Christians want the Jews to be in the Holy Land. and part political in that we want some ally in the middle east as a check on everyone else there.

Yeah im sure the palestinian and Armenian christians in the holy land are very excited about the israelis owning them all the time ha
sosodat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sosodat

2. US wants a lapdog in every part of the world and they want the most powerful one - I don't think they have one in South america as yet but as for the other territories (EU- England, Asia - Japan (too bad china is the super power there.. really tramped with their plans, Middle East - Israel)

Espada12
I think in latin america it would be columbia chavez and fidel are simply going crazy because of us military presence in teh country! They went far enough to even call it a decleration of war
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="wstfld"]The only reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we back Israel. wstfld

Not really - there aren't really any Palestinians in Al Qaeda, and they hardly ever talk about the Palestinian struggle. If there was a thriving Palestinian state they still would have attacked us.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="wstfld"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

-Sun_Tzu-

Not really - there aren't really any Palestinians in Al Qaeda, and they hardly ever talk about the Palestinian struggle. If there was a thriving Palestinian state they still would have attacked us.

Pretty much, They don't just hate the U.S. They hate everyone who isn't muslim. The U.S isn't the only country to be targeted.

sosodat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sosodat
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

sosodat
I think in latin america it would be columbia chavez and fidel are simply going crazy because of us military presence in teh country! They went far enough to even call it a decleration of war

I think Chavez also called columbia the israel of latin america which is a pretty scary thing for countries that despise imperialism
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fiscope

mrbojangles25

A people without a home is a disaster. The jews have never had an army to defend themselves with, and so, they were killed in massive numbers and nobody really cared. They say that jews own the world, but that is a lie, as the holocaust has proven. They are a people brought within an inch of complete annihilation. They own a small bit of land called israel now, a very tiny, almost insignificant bit of land. Even smaller than florida, a single state in the US. Muslims have an entire part of the world to call home, where their religion is dominant. Let the jews have their little field.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="wstfld"]

mattisgod01

Pretty much, They don't just hate the U.S. They hate everyone who isn't muslim. The U.S isn't the only country to be targeted.

yea, I hate to belittle their actions, but its like South Park said...theyre just a bunch of pissed off Muslims. With money, who are smart and bored, and take advantage of stupid poor Muslims.

(*no, I am not generalizing and saying all muslims are like that...its just a tiny fraction that are prone to acts of terrorism)

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Its not israels territory if the land is occupied! And its not like the palestinians ask for all of israel anymore they understand that the state exists What they want is a state that should be on the 1967 occupied terrotories. Nobody in the international community recognizes israels illegal annexation and yet they still want to take more land WHY? because they understanding that while negotiating they will be able to take the big settlement blocks and thats why israel opposes a new UN resolution that the palestinians and some countries in europe wnat to bring to the securtiy council which recognises the 1967 borders as there land that way enabling them to independently declare a palestinian state. and there are some nooks and crannies as well from both sides but im to lazy to talk about them hasosodat

Ok. It's more than likely what the person said below your post. They want a powerfull ally in the area. Generally the US will back them on many things. If Israel wants that territory, the US will most likely side with them.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

mattisgod01

It's even worse than that. They hate everyone who isn't the same kind of Muslim as they are. They hate everyone who doesn't believe the same ridiculous, oppressive dogma that they themselves believe.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

fiscope

A people without a home is a disaster. The jews have never had an army to defend themselves with, and so, they were killed in massive numbers and nobody really cared. They say that jews own the world, but that is a lie, as the holocaust has proven. They are a people brought within an inch of complete annihilation. They own a small bit of land called israel now, a very tiny, almost insignificant bit of land. Even smaller than florida, a single state in the US. Muslims have an entire part of the world to call home, where their religion is dominant. Let the jews have their little field.

I cannot let the Jews have "their little field" if it means the destruction of another's home and the imprisonment, persecution, and segregation of a country.

They literally encircle vast areas in a wall and starve them into leaving the area, then they move in.

In other neighborhoods, the Israelis literaly built apartments on top of arab homes, and they throw their garbage down into the streets.

They bulldoze neighborhoods, often with people still living in them or at least with their possessions in there.

They build highways that bisect arab neighborhoods, forbidding arabs to cross. So while one day an Arab could go to work, now he has to travel ten miles up the road to discover a checkpoint he cannot cross.

While I acknowledge the disaster that is the history of the Jewish people, there are far better ways to go about getting them their home. The establishment of Israel I do not necessarily object to, merely the expansion of Israel and the treatment of their neighbors.

I am not a bleeding heart liberal, I recognize the fact that both sides of this conflict have done tremendous wrongs to eachother, but the simple fact is that Israel started it.

fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fiscope

[QUOTE="fiscope"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

I cannot let the Jews have "their little field" if it means the destruction of another's home and the imprisonment, persecution, and segregation of a country.

They literally encircle vast areas in a wall and starve them into leaving the area, then they move in.

In other neighborhoods, the Israelis literaly built apartments on top of arab homes, and they throw their garbage down into the streets.

They bulldoze neighborhoods, often with people still living in them or at least with their possessions in there.

They build highways that bisect arab neighborhoods, forbidding arabs to cross. So while one day an Arab could go to work, now he has to travel ten miles up the road to discover a checkpoint he cannot cross.

While I acknowledge the disaster that is the history of the Jewish people, there are far better ways to go about getting them their home. The establishment of Israel I do not necessarily object to, merely the expansion of Israel and the treatment of their neighbors.

I am not a bleeding heart liberal, I recognize the fact that both sides of this conflict have done tremendous wrongs to eachother, but the simple fact is that Israel started it.

I hardly see this argument extended to AMerica any more. I suppose it's no longer fashionable. America was founded on principles of freedom and equality, yet they treated Native Americans and african immagrants like the scum of the earth. Welcome to humanity.

Wars are fought, land is taken, and in several years history leaves it all behind. If you think that there is a place on earth where this type of behavior hasn't taken place, you would be wrong. It's unfortunate that the arabs are being unfairly forced to leave, but what is even more depressing is that their own people arent there for them. All jewish citizens have a place in Israel and are allowed to travel there. Islam needs to come to it's peoples' rescue. Instead, the money sits with people who abuse it, and their own people starve.

I agree that it is not right, as you've said, but Israel is there to stay. The more their enemiesfight, the more they will die. It's time to move on or this war will last forever.

sosodat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sosodat

[QUOTE="sosodat"]

Its not israels territory if the land is occupied! And its not like the palestinians ask for all of israel anymore they understand that the state exists What they want is a state that should be on the 1967 occupied terrotories. Nobody in the international community recognizes israels illegal annexation and yet they still want to take more land WHY? because they understanding that while negotiating they will be able to take the big settlement blocks and thats why israel opposes a new UN resolution that the palestinians and some countries in europe wnat to bring to the securtiy council which recognises the 1967 borders as there land that way enabling them to independently declare a palestinian state. and there are some nooks and crannies as well from both sides but im to lazy to talk about them haFlamecommando

Ok. It's more than likely what the person said below your post. They want a powerfull ally in the area. Generally the US will back them on many things. If Israel wants that territory, the US will most likely side with them.

lol u clearly dont know much about US foreign policy. Israel wants that territory but they still havent gotten it because of US pressure there is a reason why the US tells israel to stop settlements. yes israel is Americas most important ally but at the same time giving israel everything they ever wanted such as jerusalem will easily ignite the area and even though israel is strong enough in my opinion to make every country in the middleast a parking lot it would be a disaster for US interests. At the end of the day AMerica will always back israel but at the same time it will not have them roaming around doing whatever they want! But its not like israel is Americas toy, Israel is also very smart, having alot of influence on American govt it can tell americans to veto resolutions it doesnt like and also push senators to condemn other govt of the world for not supporting israel. I mean israel destoyed gaza and still kill a couple of palestinians every day. It has a blockade never seen before in history and destroys palestinians economically and yet the world is still quite why because they blame a tiny group that really doesnt amount to anything compared to israel as "jeopardizing its existance"
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#36 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

its called the balance of power, the US needs a stable, strong ally in the mideast region.

Israel is that ally, other states in the region are simply too hostile/too unstable for good relations to occur.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8413234.stm In the UK we dont;)
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts

mrbojangles25
I agree with this. As an Arab, I have seen what people in Palestine go through and it is not pretty.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
well it isnt for any religious reasons and i dont think many Americans care for israel either way. its convenient for the us now
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GulliversTravel

Flamecommando
Poor Israel, building settlements on land that isnt theres and having to withdraw:cry:
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GulliversTravel
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Maqda7
I agree with this. As an Arab, I have seen what people in Palestine go through and it is not pretty.

Might i ask what country are you from? Im British but i have many relatives in Middle East.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts
Land doesn't inherently belong to anyone and that land has changed hands since forever.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="fiscope"] A people without a home is a disaster. The jews have never had an army to defend themselves with, and so, they were killed in massive numbers and nobody really cared. They say that jews own the world, but that is a lie, as the holocaust has proven. They are a people brought within an inch of complete annihilation. They own a small bit of land called israel now, a very tiny, almost insignificant bit of land. Even smaller than florida, a single state in the US. Muslims have an entire part of the world to call home, where their religion is dominant. Let the jews have their little field.

fiscope

1. I hardly see this argument extended to AMerica any more. I suppose it's no longer fashionable. America was founded on principles of freedom and equality, yet they treated Native Americans and african immagrants like the scum of the earth. Welcome to humanity.

2. Wars are fought, land is taken, and in several years history leaves it all behind. If you think that there is a place on earth where this type of behavior hasn't taken place, you would be wrong. It's unfortunate that the arabs are being unfairly forced to leave, but what is even more depressing is that their own people arent there for them. All jewish citizens have a place in Israel and are allowed to travel there. Islam needs to come to it's peoples' rescue. Instead, the money sits with people who abuse it, and their own people starve.

3. I agree that it is not right, as you've said, but Israel is there to stay. The more their enemiesfight, the more they will die. It's time to move on or this war will last forever.

1. sorry, I cannot accept "survival of the fittest" as a legitimate argument any more. I am ashamed of what my country (the US) did to its native inhabitants, but things change and we learn from history. Or, sometimes, we dont...sadly.

2. Arabs would come to the help of their brethren, if only the US was not there to slap any offenders down. Iran and many other countries would have wiped out Israel years ago, countless times over, if the US was not there to provide backing for Israel.

3. Well I am happy to see that you agree its not right. I also want to restate that I do not object to the existence of Israel; I just do not approve of the ways they expand. As for fighting harder and dieing harder, well, you cannot ask people to simply roll over and let the Israelis bulldoze over them. They gotta fight

I guess to make a long story short, history repeats itself...the US slaughtered the American Indians, now the Zionists slaughter the native Arabs. I am not going to sit back and say "Thats life" though.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

Take this from a Muslim:

I think Israel has the right to exist, but it's policies are oppresive and cruel. I would have no problem with Israel if they didn't treat Palestinians like dirt, steal their land, and restrict their movements. No matter how much the media covers it up, Israel is oppresing the Palestinians left and right. That being said, I think both Israel and Hamas (NOT Palestine) are in the wrong.

But it's the Muslims and Jews who should fix the problem and try to negotiate with each other. America shouldn't intervene.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Maqda7"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

GulliversTravel

Might i ask what country are you from? Im British but i have many relatives in Middle East.

He's from Jordan I believe.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Take this from a Muslim:

I think Israel has the right to exist, but it's policies are oppresive and cruel. I would have no problem with Israel if they didn't treat Palestinians like dirt, steal their land, and restrict their movements. No matter how much the media covers it up, Israel is oppresing the Palestinians left and right. That being said, I think both Israel and Hamas (NOT Palestine) are in the wrong.

But it's the Muslims and Jews who should fix the problem and try to negotiate with each other. America shouldn't intervene.

ghoklebutter

See, the thing about both sides is that they won't accept a secular government. Okay, people claim Israel is secular, but I don't believe it, and I don't think their policies bare that out, either.

But the point is, instead of coming together and having a unified country under a non-religious government, where all people live under the same rights and have freedom to practice their religion as they see proper, both are insisting their government should be Jewish or Islamic.

Some are going to say "But under Muslim control, the Jews were allowed to live in Jerusalem in peace." That's somewhat true (ignoring events such as massacre of Jews in Baghdad in 1828,) but Jews were NOT treated as equals, what with the Jizya and not being able to serve in the national defense and so on and so forth; they were alienated.

Both sides are idiots ran by stupid, stubborn, and ignorant people.

Jews: This land was given to us by God.

Palestinians: Any land to comes under Muslim control (even if by the sword) is NEVER allowed to revert.

But I don't get the Palestinians claiming that Jerusalem was never a Jewish center. The Torah mentions Jerusalem 669 times, and Zion (the land of Israel) 154 times. The Qur'an doesn't mention it once (though it does mention "in the direction of Syria" as the first qibla).

Yosemine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Yosemine
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

So some of you seem to be proposing Israel shoud cease to exist?

How many of you live in the U.S.? So lets give the U.S. back to American Indians. See how ridiculous that sounds? This caseis much more unjust, I think, than Israel's creation.

Or some of you seem to say Israel should give back land it won in wars, in which it was attacked. How is that fair?

I don't know what some of you people view Israel as. It's as if you think Israel is just some "evil" military force. Are you aware of all the useful technology that comes out of Israel, and the scientific studies? Have you even stopped to think how impressive it is that Israel is so successful in agriculture, considering their geography? It's not some backward country...

Kids are growing up like third, fourth generation in Israel. It is their home, and I think, comparing the size of all the neighboring Arab countries, that a tiny fraction of a fraction of the land can be designated "Israel."

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ghoklebutter

See, the thing about both sides is that they won't accept a secular government. Okay, people claim Israel is secular, but I don't believe it, and I don't think their policies bare that out, either.

But the point is, instead of coming together and having a unified country under a non-religious government, where all people live under the same rights and have freedom to practice their religion as they see proper, both are insisting their government should be Jewish or Islamic.

Some are going to say "But under Muslim control, the Jews were allowed to live in Jerusalem in peace." That's somewhat true (ignoring events such as massacre of Jews in Baghdad in 1828,) but Jews were NOT treated as equals, what with the Jizya and not being able to serve in the national defense and so on and so forth; they were alienated.

Both sides are idiots ran by stupid, stubborn, and ignorant people.

Jews: This land was given to us by God.

Palestinians: Any land to comes under Muslim control (even if by the sword) is NEVER allowed to revert.

But I don't get the Palestinians claiming that Jerusalem was never a Jewish center. The Torah mentions Jerusalem 669 times, and Zion (the land of Israel) 154 times. The Qur'an doesn't mention it once (though it does mention "in the direction of Syria" as the first qibla).

br0kenrabbit

As for jiyza, there is a reason why non-Muslims are exempted from military duty; when the state is under attack, grown Muslim men and women are commanded to fight. The non-Muslims aren't called out to fight, and instead, their life and property are protected. In exchange, those people who would fight otherwise (i.e. people fit for combat) pay a tax. It's restricting, but it doesn't take a significant toll on anyone. I would hardly call it "alienating". That being said, I don't think all the Muslim armies were fair and just towards the Jews and Christians.

Jerusalem isn't mentioned in the Qur'an, that's correct. The only thing we hold as significant in Jerusalem is the Dome of Rock and Al-Aqsa. And yes, I think both Jews and Muslims must share them. Just because I'm Muslim, doesn't mean that I don't regard others beliefs at all.

P.S. I hope you can read my post. GS is glitching on me again.

Democratik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Democratik
Member since 2009 • 662 Posts
because of the end times prophecy. basically it makes hitler look like jerry seinfeld if you know anything about it.