Why does god want us in heaven?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

For Christians, I have a question for you. When someone dies today, people say that they're now in a better place: in heaven with god where they will remain forever. Now, my question is, if god wants us in heaven, why are we here?

In Genesis, god creates the heavens and the earth, and puts Adam and Eve on earth, not heaven. If gods will was for us to be in heaven with him, wouldn't he of put us in heaven to begin with instead of creating us as humans that can only live on earth? Some may say that things changed after Adam and Eve sinned and Satan came into the picture, but doesn't gods will not change? If gods will was for us to live on earth, then it still is, so why would we go to heaven? And If his will is for us to live in heaven with him, then it still is, but that still leaves the question why we are here first. Can someone enlighten me?

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
for the lulz
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
*Thinks about self and the quality of person I am* ...***** if I know
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts
for the lulzJ-WOW
I'm inclined to agree with you.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Why do atheists continue to obsess over religion. Some questions just can't be answered.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dariency

[QUOTE="J-WOW"]for the lulzcybrcatter
I'm inclined to agree with you.

With all the people that of died, god must be getting tired of lulzing :? Then again I guess god doesn't get tired.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Why do atheists continue to obsess over religion. Some questions just can't be answered.

Pirate700

I don't obsess over religion.

bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts

So he can show off his Malibu beach house.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Pirate700

Lol :lol:

That's true, we won't know until we hopefully reach Heaven. As soon as God created Adam and eve they were given the ability to think for themselves and do as they please, they chose to listen to the Devil and eat the apple. Same applies for us, we are given the ability to do anything we want, believe in God or don't, follow His commandments or don't etc..

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dariency

Pirate700

I'm not atheist, I'm agnostic, but these unanswerable questions are why I can't put faith in a religion.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
I don't believe in the literal telling of Genesis, but the Garden of Eden was originally a Paradise on Earth that was tainted by humanity; and, once humanity got this taint, they were not allowed back into Heaven, hence why none were created into Heaven.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Pirate700

Some obsess over religion because it deals with some of the most profound issues in the universe. Just because we may not be able to find the answer, doesn't mean we should give up and stop searching.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23053 Posts
[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

I'm not atheist, I'm agnostic, but these unanswerable questions are why I can't put faith in a religion.

What you're asking for is essentially the meaning of life which has perplexed theologians and philosophers for centuries. Everyone seems to have their own viewpoint on what gives life meaning and/or why a deity would want to bestow it upon us. We won't be having any kind of revelation in this thread - we need more information.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

redstorm72

Some obsess over religion because it deals with some of the most profound issues in the universe. Just because we may not be able to find the answer, doesn't mean we should give up and stop searching.

Indeed, and I'd say that atheists have the right to obsess over it, seeing as how they're kind of getting the short end of the stick when they die. =/

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#16 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Because heaven is to be with God.. but if he just put us there, we'd have no choice in the matter... I guess. And that would strip atheists of their free will, since atheists would rather choose to be away from God.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#17 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

For Christians, I have a question for you. When someone dies today, people say that they're now in a better place: in heaven with god where they will remain forever. Now, my question is, if god wants us in heaven, why are we here?

In Genesis, god creates the heavens and the earth, and puts Adam and Eve on earth, not heaven. If gods will was for us to be in heaven with him, wouldn't he of put us in heaven to begin with instead of creating us as humans that can only live on earth? Some may say that things changed after Adam and Eve sinned and Satan came into the picture, but doesn't gods will not change? If gods will was for us to live on earth, then it still is, so why would we go to heaven? And If his will is for us to live in heaven with him, then it still is, but that still leaves the question why we are here first. Can someone enlighten me?

dog64

Maybe because if there was no promise of something better after this life, most people would realize the futility of it all and a kill themselves.

Personally, I'm holding on for the Scrubs reunion television special...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

If there is some all powerful being, do you really think anyone here would understand his reasons for doing things? That's like asking a 3 year old to explain Einstein's reasoning behind his theory of relativity.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
To answer in a more serious way... If you are saying there is a God (the being that created the universe), then I do not think it is logical to assume we could understand his motivations. Just think about the difference in intellect and emotions b/w us and a dog.
fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts
^ i dont see atheist all killing themselves @_@
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

In short: everything that has happened and will happen is in accordance with his good and perfect will.

In long: Every action God takes is caused out of his characteristic of holiness. This characteristic is the one characteristic in which all of his others might originate, whether it be his goodness, his mercy, or his hatred toward sin. All that has happened within this world from the beginning into eternity expresses this holiness. Everything within this creation, whether it be good or evil is to proclaim that there is a God who is different and greater than ourselves.

There is no one like God, infinite in every attribute. Everything else, everything else in which this infinite God created, is finite and bound to the infinite. In an expression of our inability to equal up to the infinite creator, whether it be by our own choice or by design, we find out we are incapable of equaling the greatness and holiness of God. In our inability, we see God's ability. In our finite lives, we cannot do anything but imagine that there be something greater than ourselves, God himself (unless we rebel against such a thought and think ourselves to be gods ourselves [e.g. Romans 1]).

In our inability, we realize our incapability to be as great, infinite, and holy God. Through this incapability, we realize we must find a savior: God himself through Jesus Christ. Through Jesus Christ we can truly experience the infinite despite our finite and incomplete natures. Through Jesus Christ we can truly experience not only that which is good, but the Author of all things truly good.

Our purpose is not merely to go to heaven but our purpose is to glorify God and show God to be glorious. Sure we can rebel against that purpose, but in our rebellion God will show himself to be glorious despite our refusal to repent and turn toward the Author of all things good. Regardless of whether we live the life God has caused us to live, God in all his glory and power will show himself to us. Some will see his awesome glory, some will see his awful glory.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#22 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

^ i dont see atheist all killing themselves @_@fl4tlined

They're all holding on for that Scrubs reunion.

Plus I said most people, unfortunately us heathens are in the minority. Most people believe in something, Baal, Zeus, Papa Smurf, you name it.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dariency

If there is some all powerful being, do you really think anyone here would understand his reasons for doing things? That's like asking a 3 year old to explain Einstein's reasoning behind his theory of relativity.

sonicare

There are some very intelligent Christians on this board who I'm sure would give a logical answer, even though we may not agree with it. What confuses me even more, though, are those who simply rely on faith alone and what their church tells them and pushes these kinds of questions to the side. If we're able and smart enough to ask ourselves these questions, we should be able to go out and find an answer, and if we don't, then we know somethings amiss.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

There are some very intelligent Christians on this board who I'm sure would give a logical answer, even though we may not agree with it. What confused me even more, though, are those who simply rely on faith alone and what their church tells them and pushes these kinds of questions to the side. If we're able and smart enough to ask ourselves these questions, we should be able to go out and find an answer, and if we don't, then we know somethings amiss.

The problem is there are tons of answers - it's just that no one can agree on them. It essentially boils down to everyone giving their opinion of what it could be, no one really sure, and there being no way to come to a consensus.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
If I get you right your basically asking why God created the universe the way he did. I can only answer you with, because it was His will, and for His love and Glory. We cannot possibly understand all of God's action nor his reasonings for them. For have limited knowledge of Him and can only know what he has revealed to us or what we can figure out through reason. Everything else we will know when we join with Him in the beatific vision of heaven.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mattbbpl

If we're able and smart enough to ask ourselves these questions, we should be able to go out and find an answer, and if we don't, then we know somethings amiss.

dog64

You can't expect to be able to arrive at an answer when their is incomplete information. Things must be figured out first.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dariency

In short: everything that has happened and will happen is in accordance with his good and perfect will.

In long: Every action God takes is caused out of his characteristic of holiness. This characteristic is the one characteristic in which all of his others might originate, whether it be his goodness, his mercy, or his hatred toward sin. All that has happened within this world from the beginning into eternity expresses this holiness. Everything within this creation, whether it be good or evil is to proclaim that there is a God who is different and greater than ourselves.

There is no one like God, infinite in every attribute. Everything else, everything else in which this infinite God created, is finite and bound to the infinite. In an expression of our inability to equal up to the infinite creator, whether it be by our own choice or by design, we find out we are incapable of equaling the greatness and holiness of God. In our inability, we see God's ability. In our finite lives, we cannot do anything but imagine that there be something greater than ourselves, God himself (unless we rebel against such a thought and think ourselves to be gods ourselves [e.g. Romans 1]).

In our inability, we realize our incapability to be as great, infinite, and holy God. Through this incapability, we realize we must find a savior: God himself through Jesus Christ. Through Jesus Christ we can truly experience the infinite despite our finite and incomplete natures. Through Jesus Christ we can truly experience not only that which is good, but the Author of all things truly good.

Our purpose is not merely to go to heaven but our purpose is to glorify God and show God to be glorious. Sure we can rebel against that purpose, but in our rebellion God will show himself to be glorious despite our refusal to repent and turn toward the Author of all things good. Regardless of whether we live the life God has caused us to live, God in all his glory and power will show himself to us. Some will see his awesome glory, some will see his awful glory.

mindstorm

I'm sorry but I don't see how that answers my question, other than we're unable to fully understand god and his glory because we're finite. I understand that, but referring back to my previous post, is it wrong for us to try to search for answers? Because the answer we come up with might not really be the right one, and which answer is the right answer is debatable.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

the most freeing thing we can say as humans is "i don't know" as it releases us from any preconceived notions of what the truth can be. once freed from these notions it's much easier to see things for what they are, instead of what we wanted them to be.

why does god want us in heaven? i don't know, i'll find that out later. i'll just enjoy right now for right now.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dariency

[QUOTE="dog64"]If we're able and smart enough to ask ourselves these questions, we should be able to go out and find an answer, and if we don't, then we know somethings amiss.

mattbbpl

You can't expect to be able to arrive at an answer when their is incomplete information. Things must be figured out first.

I'm not expecting a concrete answer, you really can't look for that in a religion thread. It's all a matter of beliefs and opinions. Still, I like to hear others reasonings for these questions.

awesomeray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 awesomeray
Member since 2009 • 2880 Posts
he puts us here to determine if we are worthy
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

^ to dog64 -i like to think god had an acid trip and this is its delusional, or perhaps just a self awareness expressing itself through a physical existence.

sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sgotskillz
Member since 2010 • 287 Posts

I've known a few people to have a Near Death Experience.

There is no Heaven or hell. If your consciousness wants to project a reality of utopia they can have whatever heaven they want. If they indulge in fear based thought forms they also can have a form of hell if they like. It's what ever your consciousness projects to be in a higher dense of reality.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

dog64

I'm sorry but I don't see how that answers my question, other than we're unable to fully understand god and his glory because we're finite. I understand that, but referring back to my previous post, is it wrong for us to try to search for answers? Because the answer we come up with might not really be the right one, and which answer is the right answer is debatable.

Justin Martyr was a Christian of the early church and wrote extensively to the philosophical populous in his day. Within his perspective of philosophy and the search for truth, he believed that if we truly sought truth we would eventually arrive at the person of God rather than any particular ideology. He argued this to be the case because of the Greek word Logos and Jesus' claim to be "the way, the truth, and the life." Within John 1, Jesus is referred to as the Logos, or Word of God. This translation of word is not the only possible explanation but it can also mean logic. Essentially, through this claim that Jesus is the Logos, he is the eventual result of any genuine search for truth. As a result, how can it be that to search for answers would inevitably be wrong? Where one can go wrong is in how one searches for answers. If one merely searches for the belief that one likes or agrees with then the Logos, Jesus, may not be the end result. If one searches for a truth that acts outside of us and in many ways contrary to us, then Jesus is the end result. The search for truth within this perspective is by its very nature to be selfless and less consumed with what we wish to be true. To put this in a cliche and oversimplified statement, all truth is God's truth.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
For the lulz. Seriously, that's what I believe.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]To answer in a more serious way... If you are saying there is a God (the being that created the universe), then I do not think it is logical to assume we could understand his motivations. Just think about the difference in intellect and emotions b/w us and a dog.

My sentiments exactly.
Darkainious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darkainious
Member since 2009 • 558 Posts

dog64
I can answer this question. God has a body. We were just spirits before we came to this world, and naturally we wanted to become like god. So he came up with a plan for us to get a body and sent us all down here. Lucifer had another plan, and he was cast out of heaven, along with his minions.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dariency

Justin Martyr was a Christian of the early church and wrote extensively to the philosophical populous in his day. Within his perspective of philosophy and the search for truth, he believed that if we truly sought truth we would eventually arrive at the person of God rather than any particular ideology. He argued this to be the case because of the Greek word Logos and Jesus' claim to be "the way, the truth, and the life." Within John 1, Jesus is referred to as the Logos, or Word of God. This translation of word is not the only possible explanation but it can also mean logic. Essentially, through this claim that Jesus is the Logos, he is the eventual result of any genuine search for truth. As a result, how can it be that to search for answers would inevitably be wrong? Where one can go wrong is in how one searches for answers. If one merely searches for the belief that one likes or agrees with then the Logos, Jesus, may not be the end result. If one searches for a truth that acts outside of us and in many ways contrary to us, then Jesus is the end result. The search for truth within this perspective is by its very nature to be selfless and less consumed with what we wish to be true. To put this in a cliche and oversimplified statement, all truth is God's truth.mindstorm

Interesting. But why would the answer be totally contrary to what we want? Or, the answer is what we think is wrong? I thought we were all born for the desire for truth and desire for god. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding because I am not worthy :P

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dariency

he puts us here to determine if we are worthyawesomeray

Worthy of what? To be with him? To live forever, or perhaps even the right to live? I'd think that if god strictly created us just so we can worship him, he would of created us that way, without the ablility to think otherwise. But since we do have that ablility and are able to think on our own, I don't believe that was his intention.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Justin Martyr was a Christian of the early church and wrote extensively to the philosophical populous in his day. Within his perspective of philosophy and the search for truth, he believed that if we truly sought truth we would eventually arrive at the person of God rather than any particular ideology. He argued this to be the case because of the Greek word Logos and Jesus' claim to be "the way, the truth, and the life." Within John 1, Jesus is referred to as the Logos, or Word of God. This translation of word is not the only possible explanation but it can also mean logic. Essentially, through this claim that Jesus is the Logos, he is the eventual result of any genuine search for truth. As a result, how can it be that to search for answers would inevitably be wrong? Where one can go wrong is in how one searches for answers. If one merely searches for the belief that one likes or agrees with then the Logos, Jesus, may not be the end result. If one searches for a truth that acts outside of us and in many ways contrary to us, then Jesus is the end result. The search for truth within this perspective is by its very nature to be selfless and less consumed with what we wish to be true. To put this in a cliche and oversimplified statement, all truth is God's truth.dog64

Interesting. But why would the answer be totally contrary to what we want? Or, the answer is what we think is wrong? I thought we were all born for the desire for truth and desire for god. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding because I am not worthy :P

If we have the same desires as God then the answer would not be contrary to what we want. If we are running from God = intellectual and spiritual search ends in falsehood. If we are running toward God = intellectual and spiritual search ends in Jesus himself.
awesomeray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 awesomeray
Member since 2009 • 2880 Posts

[QUOTE="awesomeray"]he puts us here to determine if we are worthydog64

Worthy of what? To be with him? To live forever, or perhaps even the right to live? I'd think that if god strictly created us just so we can worship him, he would of created us that way, without the ablility to think otherwise. But since we do have that ablility and are able to think on our own, I don't believe that was his intention.

to determine if we are worthy of delivering unto him the lulz
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Justin Martyr was a Christian of the early church and wrote extensively to the philosophical populous in his day. Within his perspective of philosophy and the search for truth, he believed that if we truly sought truth we would eventually arrive at the person of God rather than any particular ideology. He argued this to be the case because of the Greek word Logos and Jesus' claim to be "the way, the truth, and the life." Within John 1, Jesus is referred to as the Logos, or Word of God. This translation of word is not the only possible explanation but it can also mean logic. Essentially, through this claim that Jesus is the Logos, he is the eventual result of any genuine search for truth. As a result, how can it be that to search for answers would inevitably be wrong? Where one can go wrong is in how one searches for answers. If one merely searches for the belief that one likes or agrees with then the Logos, Jesus, may not be the end result. If one searches for a truth that acts outside of us and in many ways contrary to us, then Jesus is the end result. The search for truth within this perspective is by its very nature to be selfless and less consumed with what we wish to be true. To put this in a cliche and oversimplified statement, all truth is God's truth.dog64

"I thought we were all born for the desire for truth and desire for god." Hmm...I don't know about that. Because baptism removes Original Sin, and if you aren't baptized you still have Adam and Eves sin on your soul, so the pathway to Heaven is never really opened.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Justin Martyr was a Christian of the early church and wrote extensively to the philosophical populous in his day. Within his perspective of philosophy and the search for truth, he believed that if we truly sought truth we would eventually arrive at the person of God rather than any particular ideology. He argued this to be the case because of the Greek word Logos and Jesus' claim to be "the way, the truth, and the life." Within John 1, Jesus is referred to as the Logos, or Word of God. This translation of word is not the only possible explanation but it can also mean logic. Essentially, through this claim that Jesus is the Logos, he is the eventual result of any genuine search for truth. As a result, how can it be that to search for answers would inevitably be wrong? Where one can go wrong is in how one searches for answers. If one merely searches for the belief that one likes or agrees with then the Logos, Jesus, may not be the end result. If one searches for a truth that acts outside of us and in many ways contrary to us, then Jesus is the end result. The search for truth within this perspective is by its very nature to be selfless and less consumed with what we wish to be true. To put this in a cliche and oversimplified statement, all truth is God's truth.Snipes_2

"I thought we were all born for the desire for truth and desire for god." Hmm...I don't know about that. Because baptism removes Original Sin, and if you aren't baptized you still have Adam and Eves sin on your soul, so the pathway to Heaven is never really opened.

does that that mean we still lack the desire to know God. Baptized or not we still have that desire in our hearts to know truth and to better understand God and His creation.
Superironic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Superironic
Member since 2006 • 12658 Posts

It is quite simple really, the real reason is because... [This post has been modified at the request of God]

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

for the lulzJ-WOW

^This is the only reasonable explanation^

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

because some people havent earned the right, plus god wanted to give us choice, if he wanted us all to be perfection he would not give us free will, he would essentially just make us flesh-made robots.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ferrari2001
This has to be said. This is probably one of the most mature religion threads I have ever seen on gamespot. I'm impressed.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mattbbpl

because some people havent earned the right, plus god wanted to give us choice, if he wanted us all to be perfection he would not give us free will, he would essentially just make us flesh-made robots.

dragonfly110
This is the explanation I hear the most often, and probably the one I like the most. Kind of an iron before the forge type of thing.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

mindstorm
This is my issue with God. He creates man, according to his plan, and his all knowing wisdom then allows us to basically **** everything up. After that we are cast out of paradise, forced to suffer from the sweat of our brow, killed in a mass extinction event, saved (Noah - Abraham), and then we continue to piss God off. Then through his son we are supposedly saved again, but we keep messing up. God is all knowing. Why not stop the original sin from occuring when you are well aware of the fact that it is going to happen? Why punish us forever for one mistake? If you look at it some of this is God's doing. He put us in paradise near with all we can have then told us avoid one tree but he KNEW we wouldn't. And this is all supposed to be a part of his divine plan. Where is this plan? I would sincerely love to see the blueprints of it. I honestly believe in God. I believe he wants things for us. I believe Jesus was his son, and that rigamoroll. However, I honestly think God created us and left us to our own devices, and continues to do so. I really do not believe he interferes all that much with the daily goings on of man, and I do not believe it is all apart of some divine plan. It just seems too messy to be planned out by the most powerful, wisest, and all knowing of beings.
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4273 Posts

I'm about to tell you a story that you probably won't believe, but it's a true story according to the Bible.

God wants us to heaven, because when our souls were created, it was in heaven. All was good. Then, Satan, one powerful angel, wanted to be God and desgined a plan to take the whole universe for himself. Foolish of him to think so, because, nobody is smarter or more powerful than God. Long story short, he kicked him out, and locked him in Hell.

Now here is the "Funny" part. Around 75% of the people sided with satan. And 25% of people sided with the Angels. And instead of wiping out all the souls, God gave us a second chance here on Earth. To get a second chance.

Now as an athiest, you won't believe this, but this is the eternal sould we're talking about. This is it. Enjoy.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dariency

dragonfly110

I'd rather be made a fleshy robot then given the option of hell.