Why does everyone hate Transformers 2?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
I thought it was an awesome action movie with badass fighting sequences. Seriously, do you guys walk into an Action Film and expect a deep story + character depth?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

No, but when I walk into any movie I expect a coherent story and some depth, because story and depth = fundamental parts of a movie, regardless of genre.

Everybody hates Transformers 2 because it's a **** movie.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

The Autobot "twins" ruined the movie (among a few other things, but they were the worst)

A gold tooth...seriously

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 th3warr1or
Okay, I admit that was pretty stupid, but Megatron + Optimus fight scenes in the forest were nice.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rawsavon
Okay, I admit that was pretty stupid, but Megatron + Optimus fight scenes in the forest were nice. th3warr1or
good mech fight scenes...YES stupid new characters (twins)...Yes plot worse than first...Yes...where the hell was this big bad dude worse than megatron in the first movie? = good "graphics", crap story, stupid new characters
freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

The Autobot "twins" ruined the movie (among a few other things, but they were the worst)

A gold tooth...seriously

I almost cheered when I thought one of them died, then wept when I found that to be untrue.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]Okay, I admit that was pretty stupid, but Megatron + Optimus fight scenes in the forest were nice. rawsavon
good mech fight scenes...YES stupid new characters (twins)...Yes plot worse than first...Yes...where the hell was this big bad dude worse than megatron in the first movie? = good "graphics", crap story, stupid new characters

But that's the whole point I watch action movies. I mean terminator is pretty stupid too but it had action and that satisfied me. I don't expect a TDK or LoTR or Iron Man of every movie i step into.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

I hate it because it is a souless and overly glossy piece of crap with horrible acting, bad story, and terrible attempts at humor. Action movies dont need good plots, but they need some kind of heart and soul to them to be good. They rely on characters a lot because the story never tends to be good. Just look at Die Hard, one of the best action films ever made and it didnt have a good story but it was great because of Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman. Transformers 2 didnt even have any good characters at all. Nothing about it stuck out as being good in the slightest aside from the effects.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]Okay, I admit that was pretty stupid, but Megatron + Optimus fight scenes in the forest were nice. th3warr1or

But that's the whole point I watch action movies. I mean terminator is pretty stupid too but it had action and that satisfied me. I don't expect a TDK or LoTR or Iron Man of every movie i step into.

The latest Terminator was TERRIBLE I will agree that I do not expect great acting or a DEEP plot BUT: 1. Plot must make sense 2. Characters can't be stupid (twins) In Terminator, why the hell does the bad robot just throw John Connor around all the time. Just crush his damn skull already. But know lets have the bad robot throw John Connor around for 10 min,
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

I don't hate it, but then again, I saw it for free.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] good mech fight scenes...YES stupid new characters (twins)...Yes plot worse than first...Yes...where the hell was this big bad dude worse than megatron in the first movie? = good "graphics", crap story, stupid new charactersrawsavon

The latest Terminator was TERRIBLE I will agree that I do not expect great acting or a DEEP plot BUT: 1. Plot must make sense 2. Characters can't be stupid (twins) In Terminator, why the hell does the bad robot just throw John Connor around all the time. Just crush his damn skull already. But know lets have the bad robot throw John Connor around for 10 min,

Well the terminator series never made sense to begin with, but they did seem more wussy in the new movie. They could easily kill before but now they waste time throwing John Connor around a room.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 th3warr1or

I don't hate it, but then again, I saw it for free.

needled24-7
Cheers. I'm seeing it now lmao.
freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

Oh, and they killed Optimus again. I could barely take it the first time and they dare try that again?! Then the twins don't die,and Obama cuts the funding for the F-22 RAPTOR!!! Do you people want to see a grown man cry?!?!

*sobs uncontrollably*

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"] But that's the whole point I watch action movies. I mean terminator is pretty stupid too but it had action and that satisfied me. I don't expect a TDK or LoTR or Iron Man of every movie i step into. Film-Guy

Well the terminator series never made sense to begin with, but they did seem more wussy in the new movie. They could easily kill before but now they waste time throwing John Connor around a room.

Exactly You go into an action movie not expecting things to be realistic But you do expect characters to act a certain way Example: I go see Spiderman and I expect him to shoot webs, I DON"T expect him to fly like superman or heal like Wolverine So I expect the freaking Terminator Robot to crush someone's skull, not throw them around for 10 min. God Skynet sucks at programming
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
The fact it failed at delivering remotely interesting characters, a remotely interesting storyline, PLUS badass action sequences and fight scenes (seriously, have our standards dropped that low? They were boring...) is why everybody hates it. In other words, it is a terrible movie.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts

I don't expect a good story, I expect A story, not an hour of comic relief that isn't funny (in any way) then sudden, hamfisted exposition to give the garbage plot any kind of forward momentum, only to have it all topped off with an hour of ok action and more lame lame LAME jokes throughout. I laughed at one joke in that movie. ONE JOKE, out of hundreds of attempts at juvenile and idiotic humor.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

No, but when I walk into any movie I expect a coherent story and some depth, because story and depth = fundamental parts of a movie, regardless of genre.

Everybody hates Transformers 2 because it's a **** movie.

Theokhoth

Transformers 2 had a storyline. The story's depth was plenty for an action movie. The main purpose of an action movie is to deliver on the action. I recall you quoting the movie "Taken." Out of curiosity did you like that movie?

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

Hated it. Did anybody find the dog humping sequences funny? No (except for zoophiliacs). Twins were clearly racist and although I'm not all PC they were really annoying characters, trying way too hard to be 'street'. Dialogue was awful (expecially Megan Fox). Fights were one of the bright spots along with Shia who's acting wasn't bad. The movie ran way too long anyways.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 th3warr1or

Oh, and they killed Optimus again. I could barely take it the first time and they dare try that again?! Then the twins don't die,and Obama cuts the funding for the F-22 RAPTOR!!! Do you people want to see a grown man cry?!?!

*sobs uncontrollably*

freakbabyblues
Wait what do you mean AGAIN? When did he die in the first one?
Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Parandrus
Member since 2008 • 2511 Posts

It was just really bad. The acting was terrible. People use the excuse that it's an action movie, but the acting doesn't have to be *that* bad. The "awesome" fight scenes were, in reality, boring. The plot was nonsense, though I guess that can be somewhat forgiven using the action movie excuse. [spoiler] Also, I find it stupid how Optimus takes Jetfire's parts and becomes a bad***, but just drops them a minute later. Jetfire was willing to die so Optimus could be cool for a 30 second fight, which of all the fights, should've been the coolest. [/spoiler]

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
I wouldn't say it had too much depth, but it was still an awesome movie.
alien100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 alien100000
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

I thought the movie was great, no complaints here.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 th3warr1or
Glad to see some people actually enjoyed it.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 scorch-62
[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"]

*sobs uncontrollably*

th3warr1or

Someone never saw the original Transformers movie.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
I wouldn't say it had too much depth, but it was still an awesome movie.scorch-62
This. I went in expecting the movie to provide many explosions, and it delievered. Good story or not, it was a great way to spend 2 hours, especially watching it in IMAX.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 th3warr1or
One man... ...alone.. ..abandoned by the country he loves.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="freakbabyblues"]

*sobs uncontrollably*

scorch-62

I did. But I don't recall him dying... O.o
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 scorch-62
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"] Wait what do you mean AGAIN? When did he die in the first one?

Then you didn't see the original movie. The very first Transformers movie came out 23 years ago in 1986.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
i liked the movie. it was entertaining to say the least.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#30 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
Really decent action movie. =] The effects are just off the hook. Best i have seen in awhile, and how the fights were choreographed, were in my opinion, executed flawlessly. This is pretty much what i expected to see, and this is what i saw. *gives nod of approval*
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Just like most sequels/remakes, it is just a vehicle to get money for the producers. It is not art; it is not culture; it is not inspired by anything but cash.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] Someone never saw the original Transformers movie.

Then you didn't see the original movie. The very first Transformers movie came out 23 years ago in 1986.

Oh, then I didn't. :P I was born in 89 and other than music and westerns, didn't get into anything before I was born.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I don't like mindless action. Sure some sequences were well done, but the rest of the movie was terrible. There has to be some sort of story/plot that connects everything for me to like it. For Transformers 2 there just wasn't one and I couldn't accept that.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 th3warr1or
I'm just curious on something.. please clarify.. Why couldn't the other 6 original Primes kill the Fallen?
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

The first half of the movie was absolutely useless, which contained the majority of the annoying jokes, especially the overexposure of the parents. It wasn't until Optimus' fight with the Decepticons that the movie actually found its stride, but still made it difficult to make up for the tedious college sequence.

Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Parandrus
Member since 2008 • 2511 Posts
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]I'm just curious on something.. please clarify.. Why couldn't the other 6 original Primes kill the Fallen?

I'm going to add to this and ask if all the Primes gave their life to defeat the Fallen, where did Optimus come from? Wouldn't he have given his life too? I don't remember if this is ever explained in the movie.
Whitefire78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Whitefire78
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts
O.o story or Plot holes guys Because here is the story The Deceptions Revive Megatron they Try to harvest the Sun and Its up To the Military and Autobots to stop them. I thought the movie was good With Great actions sequences that was funny -_-
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]I'm just curious on something.. please clarify.. Why couldn't the other 6 original Primes kill the Fallen? Parandrus
I'm going to add to this and ask if all the Primes gave their life to defeat the Fallen, where did Optimus come from? Wouldn't he have given his life too? I don't remember if this is ever explained in the movie.

Ya know, I don't think Transformers is the movie series to ask puzzling plot questions about. :P
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 th3warr1or
I think Transformers is the kind of film that you walk it, watch the action scenes(I really loved Prime vs 3 decepticons), and walk out and say "Cool film bro".
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 th3warr1or
Oh yes, and I really loved Agent Simmons here lol.. "ONE MAN.. ALONE.. ABANDONED BY THE COUNTRY HE LOVES".
Whitefire78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Whitefire78
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]Oh yes, and I really loved Agent Simmons here lol.. "ONE MAN.. ALONE.. ABANDONED BY THE COUNTRY HE LOVES".

*Cough* Cough* its Betrayed
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 th3warr1or
Didn't he say it like 3 times with 3 different words? Once betrayed, once abandoned and once trained. He definitely said "trained" once.
Whitefire78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Whitefire78
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]Didn't he say it like 3 times with 3 different words? Once betrayed, once abandoned and once trained. He definitely said "trained" once.

O.O he did? i have to watch it again.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 th3warr1or
He said betrayed just before they entered the Museum to find Jetfire(underwear scene).. then he said abandoned somewhen I can't remember, and finally when he was driving that Leo around he says "You will never see this again. ONE man.. alone.. trained by the country he loves".. Lol
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
You know I really hate when people say "Oh, it's not supposed to be an Oscar winning movie" or "You have to like it for what it is" in defense of Bay's pile of crap that he likes to call movies, which is still stacking up as we speak. So what, are we supposed to expect a terrible story and script? Are we not supposed to connect with the characters becasue it's an action movie? It's just like saying "My crap stinks, but at least it doesn't smell as bad as other people's crap.". Just becasue it's an action movie, it doesn't excuse the rest of the movie's extremely lacking quality.
guitarheroF22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 guitarheroF22
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

i loved it and have yet to find a single person i know who didnt.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Because it was a bad movie. Some of the action scenes were okay, not the best, but everything else just sucked.
joao_22990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 joao_22990
Member since 2007 • 2230 Posts
It was bad. And Michael Bay should feel bad. Don't have a good story? Keep it to the minimum possible. Have good action scenes? Make it 95% of the movie. That was all that needed to be done to make it a bearable film. Good god, was it bad.
Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts

*Sighs* Where do I begin :|?

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Hated it. Did anybody find the dog humping sequences funny? No (except for zoophiliacs). Twins were clearly racist and although I'm not all PC they were really annoying characters, trying way too hard to be 'street'. Dialogue was awful (expecially Megan Fox). Fights were one of the bright spots along with Shia who's acting wasn't bad. The movie ran way too long anyways.

Bobzfamily

my friends and i walked out. that scene killed it. The Twins were fail.