Why do you believe the government won't disclose existence of Aliens?

• 78 results
GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

TOPIC

Lets be real, Aliens exist. From the rosewell incident to the hundreds of thousands of reported sightings, people being abducted, assasinated etc etc. Why is it that governments simply cannot disclose this?

My guess is the military has tried fighting aliens and have realised their weapons hit like a bb guns, with all this money spent in weapons R&D only for them to not work at all against a foreign threat is quite embarassing... something unjustifiable to the taxpayers.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Really? You are a Trump supporter right?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I believe aliens are real, they just haven't visited our planet yet.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GhostHawk196

@mark1974 said:

What has this got to do with which presidential candidate I support?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

That can of worms is still mostly closed. Why open it? I bet it would be such a pain for the gov't to take a formal stance on that. It's just not a priority.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Aliens are most likely real.

But considering the logistical issues of intergalactic travel. It seems extremely absurd to believe they have visited us. Especially since there is no evidence to support aliens being there. Just conspiracy theories.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

All the UFO sightings occurred during a time when both the USA and USSR were testing new secret weapons and aircraft.

That's definitely not a coincidence, most of all UFO sightings were definitely just man-built aircraft.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

Aliens are, statistically, likely to exist. Whether or not they come in the form of sentient humanoids or they are just space rats or space bacteria…who knows. But for the sake of this thread, let’s just assume they are the little green men/greys/human-enough-to-be-approachable aliens.

If that is the case, and the government knows they exist, then the aliens obviously have some insane technical superiority to us and are therefore a potential threat.

This would mean that the world has to either A.) strike some bargain with them to keep us independent and safe, B.) the aliens are not interested in us, or C.) the aliens are benevolent and kind but for some reason think we can’t be trusted (and with the world going the way it has been for the past couple months, who could blame them).

Option A is actually the plot of a decent sci-fi horror movie that came out, I think it’s on Netflix. Called “Extraterrestrial” and it is basically a cabin-in-the-woods movie, but with aliens and a governmental twist at the end.

I wouldn’t put it past the governments of the world to keep this secret, but at the same time the aliens would obviously have the advantage, so in truth if aliens are secret, it is because they want to be, too; it’s not like we could prevent them from introducing themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

My guess is the military has tried fighting aliens and have realised their weapons hit like a bb guns, with all this money spent in weapons R&D only for them to not work at all against a foreign threat is quite embarassing... something unjustifiable to the taxpayers.

lolololol

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#10  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19609 Posts

@Maroxad said:

But considering the logistical issues of intergalactic travel. It seems extremely absurd to believe they have visited us. Especially since there is no evidence to support aliens being there. Just conspiracy theories.

I was going to say something similar. I'm sure there might be aliens somewhere in this universe, but it's extremely unlikely they'd ever make contact with us, because they could be millions/billions of light-years away from us.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2385 Posts

If aliens exist, which they may or may not and anyone who is certain of either is a fool, they'd have to have the technology to cross vast distances of space and also decide to come to Earth instead of the trillions and trillions of other planets and moons in the universe. Better odds playing the lottery than waiting for aliens.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

if a contact had happened, and the aliens knew or were capable of something that could affect the authority of any government it would be an immediate non-disclosure. they wouldn't hesitate for a sec. I'm not saying that it has happened but to think that they'd let people know for the sake of humanity would be childish.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

You puny human have yet to realize that we have infiltrated every society on this miserable planet, your carbon vessels are food for our Overlords.

[ Ignore this message - US Government & NASA ]

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

The same reason we'll never know if an asteroid is on a collision course for earth, prevent chaos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I do believe aliens are real, and Hollywood has been using them in films for decades. Both government and Holywood know this and keep it from the public. For example it would be impossible to make a film like Aliens without real Aliens because in those days there was no cgi.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Because they don't have any...........

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

If I was an alien, I wouldn't take the trip over here, and I certainly wouldn't stick around when I saw the sorry excuses for creatures inhabiting this planet (from the point of view from someone capable of long distance space travel).

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

If a Conservative Nationalistic government was in charge they would love to offer up Aliens to unite the Xenophobic. If a Liberal government was in charge they would brand the discovery an accomplishment of their administration. Besides, it isn't like there would be a panic if they were not blowing up our monuments. Society kind of expects aliens to be out there.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

well, we did recently discover a potential earth-like planet in the next system over (4 lightyears) orbiting in the system's habitable zone. Maybe we have neighbors?

They're definitely out there somewhere. I'd like to think we could handle knowing we have made contact, but history makes me not so sure. It may not be in the public interest.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

If aliens are real and so technically advanced why would they contact our government in the first place lol ? I mean we had so many leaders, some of them were very smart, some of them were really dumb, but NOBODY, i repeat, NOBODY, even on their deathbed, confessed that they had had dealing with aliens. I get it that some very smart leaders could hide it for some reasons, but we also had stupid leaders like Donald Trump. Why all of them keep this secret so well ? Do you really think that people like W.Bush, Trump or complete dumbfucks like Maduro from Venezuela would keep their mouths shut about something so big as alien contacts consistently for so long? Lol here's answer.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

If aliens are real and so technically advanced why would they contact our government in the first place lol ? I mean we had so many leaders, some of them were very smart, some of them were really dumb, but NOBODY, i repeat, NOBODY, even on their deathbed, confessed that they had had dealing with aliens. I get it that some very smart leaders could hide it for some reasons, but we also had stupid leaders like Donald Trump. Why all of them keep this secret so well ? Do you really think that people like W.Bush, Trump or complete dumbfucks like Maduro from Venezuela would keep their mouths shut about something so big as alien contacts consistently for so long? Lol here's answer.

it's because the president isn't our real leader, so he doesn't know, just like Bill Pullman didn't know. Actually the world is run by an insider globalist conspiracy involving the media, the big banks, Paul Ryan, and Hillary Clinton. I learned this watching Trump rallies the past few days.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@Ish_basic said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

it's because the president isn't our real leader, so he doesn't know, just like Bill Pullman didn't know. Actually the world is run by an insider globalist conspiracy involving the media, the big banks, Paul Ryan, and Hillary Clinton. I learned this watching Trump rallies the past few days.

In the other words, we are being run by Illuminati XD But wait...maybe aliens ARE illuminati. OMG WE ARE BEING RUN BY ALIENS.

But wait if we are run by aliens, and aliens are supposed to be smart and super advanced, why they let something like ISIS happen, or the election of W. Bush, or Hillary vs Trump. If aliens are real and control us, then for a species so advanced they are doing a very bad job lol.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

All those things can easily be explained away, especially the "sightings" and "abductions".

If aliens, or more properly, extra-terrestrial life were to exist, it wouldn't be the government involved in it's discovery. An organization like NASA would be at the forefront and be eager to publish it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

TOPIC

Lets be real, Aliens exist. From the rosewell incident to the hundreds of thousands of reported sightings, people being abducted, assasinated etc etc. Why is it that governments simply cannot disclose this?

To much Aliens and Independence day?

But my guess is that you are a troll so nice try.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#25 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

The chances of aliens inhabiting planets in the goldie locks zone as it is called, and advancing much in the same way as us, seems to be supported in abundance by math.

However, I am agnostic on aliens visiting us. First, their appearance in people's stories seems to closely fit their depictions in science fiction comics and tv show. Second, if these aliens are not attempting to hide their existence from us, why do they never stand still on photographs? Also, if they are here, and so abundant, how has this much time passed without a single molecule of alien tissue or other material? Materials that circumvented Newtonian physics would have an earth shattering effect.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:
@mark1974 said:

What has this got to do with which presidential candidate I support?

stupid people that'll believe anything tend to support one of the two major candidates

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@Maroxad said:

I was going to say something similar. I'm sure there might be aliens somewhere in this universe, but it's extremely unlikely they'd ever make contact with us, because they could be millions/billions of light-years away from us.

Yup & if they could visit us...then we are screwed. :P

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Because they are spineless greedy scumbags? They are certainly hoarding any of the "black" technology for projects that we will never be cleared to know about.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GhostHawk196

I see a lot of skeptics, I honestly expected more people who believe the abductions...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

I see a lot of skeptics, I honestly expected more people who believe the abductions...

Where's the proof?

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GhostHawk196

@SOedipus said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Where's the proof?

Destroyed by the CIA/Government

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@GhostHawk196 said:
@SOedipus said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Where's the proof?

Destroyed by the CIA/Government

Nice tinfoil hat you have............

Chocobo_PS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Chocobo_PS2
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

Alien certain exist, and the way to avoid... Destroying is certain highest option duo numerous method + communication you trying to assassin me. And now trying to adjust status duo in spirit world to avoid crime. Not going happen.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Why do we assume aliens are technologically advanced for all we know they could have just discoverd how to use a stick.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@Maroxad said:

This pretty much. I'm sure there are a lot of alien life forms out there. But assuming they managed to visit us is silly and it gets worse when you build up a conspiracy about the goverment knowing and hiding it all.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Aliens make for an interesting premise in entertainment and literature. But there is no reason to believe they visited earth.

@Jag85 said:
@Maroxad said:

Well said. You worded it a lot better than me :P

I suppose someone could use a FTL excuse, but if someone is willing to go FTL, that opens up a WHOLE lot of issues And physics as we know it today would fall apart. In physics, as in any other science, one cant just pick and choose, due to how interconnected everything is.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

There's most likely not been any extraterrestrial life on earth since life maybe/maybe not arrived on earth by astral bombardment (If you believe in that theory). But there's surely life out there somewhere in some form, but small grey men that abducte people? Hell no, but if we humour the thought, why would they just not come down here and enslave, eat, free or teach us or whatever their aim is? There's no logic to it, if they can build crafts that can travel in space and time (Because that is what they would need to do to travel the absurd distances of space) why would they fear us? We would be ants to them. Humanity crashes ants, why wouldn't they do the same?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:

TOPIC

The 'Roswell Incident' had nothing to do with 'aliens'. The damaged weather balloon was/is stored in a hangar at the AFB I was stationed at.

If there are other forms of intelligent life in this universe, they sure as hell wouldn't visit Earth. This place is a fucked up version of Jerry Springer.

....and we have Republicans and religitards, who the hell want's to deal with that.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#40 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

If you know anything about space travel, you know that, realistically, aliens exist and will likely never visit us. Space travel is simply too massive and difficult to achieve.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

They won't confirm it, because it would show that Hillary is an alien and unable to run for president.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

Because having knowledge that others don't gives one power and control. I believe that we have been visited by aliens before and continue to be. People think that it's not realistic for aliens to have traveled vast distances but that's only because are understanding of its possibility is constrained to only what we can currently conceive of.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Might create civil unrest.

World is surprisingly religious in 2016.

Maybe they're high dimensional beings that can phase in and out of our 3rd denominational world at will. The universe is vast and beyond our comprehension, so our imagination fills in the blanks of what we don't know.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Might create civil unrest.

World is surprisingly religious in 2016.

Maybe they're high dimensional beings that can phase in and out of our 3rd denominational world at will. The universe is vast and beyond our comprehension, so our imagination fills in the blanks of what we don't know.

I honestly VERY much doubt that discovering aliens would create widespread civil unrest. The one exception being if there was some indication that the aliens were gonna destroy our asses.

Otherwise, I expect that most people would just either say, "that's really interesting" or "that really upsets me" and then go about their business as normal. I mean, even if you were the type of person to find the existence of aliens incredibly unsettling, you still need a home and a bed and internet access and electricity so that you can go online and complain about it. You're still gonna show up to work tomorrow and do your job because you kind of need to live your life as normal. Sure, there'll be a few crazy nuts, but most people will just go on with their lives as they always did.

Again, the exception is if there was a very clear indication that the aliens were about to f*** us all up. Not much reason to show up to work or pay your bills if you expect the world to end in a couple of days.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@mrbojangles25: if aliens were sufficiently advanced to have the technology to reach us, I'm sure they'd view us like ants. I doubt they'd accord us much attention at all, to be honest.

Like that African American astrophysicist (can't recall his name....Tyler de something?) said, it's like us walking past a worm on the sidewalk. We're so far past it we don't even pay it more than a passing thought, if that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@darklight4 said:

Why do we assume aliens are technologically advanced for all we know they could have just discoverd how to use a stick.

Always wondered that myself............

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

The universe is infinite and there are infinite possibilities for life out there. I would guess there are a number of less advanced as well as more advanced civilizations out there. People do not seem to understand the distances between stars. The odds of a near by star having an unbelievably advanced civilization that can travel here is very unlikely. The idea that it is even possible to travel from one end of the Galaxy to the other in any kind of reasonable period is nuts. It takes light 900,000 light years to reach us from the other side of the Galaxy. The distance from Galaxy to Galaxy is far too great to even think about. How are beings going to travel faster than light? Their technology would have to be beyond our ability to comprehend. And if they were that advanced they wouldn't be accedentally crashing on our planet, they wouldn't be seen unless they wanted to be and our government sure as hell isn't going to outsmart them.

The op asked me why I mentioned Trump. It is because a lack of scientific knowledge and believing in any conspiracy theory no matter how ridiculous is a hallmark of Trump and his supporters and I just wanted that fact highlighted for all potential voters to see.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@mrbojangles25: if aliens were sufficiently advanced to have the technology to reach us, I'm sure they'd view us like ants. I doubt they'd accord us much attention at all, to be honest.

Like that African American astrophysicist (can't recall his name....Tyler de something?) said, it's like us walking past a worm on the sidewalk. We're so far past it we don't even pay it more than a passing thought, if that.

You know, people actually go out of their way to study worms and ants.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Pretty much this. Is there other life in the universe? Almost surely. Is/was there other intelligent life in the universe? Probably, but are they now extinct? Did they develop the technology to protect their planet from extinction events (asteroids, comets, etc)? Did their star go nova before they could evacuate their plant? Did they doom themselves to extinction via their technology? Have they developed the technology necessary for interstellar travel?

While I think that life in the universe is abundant, there are significant hurdles to interstellar travel. Beyond that, any visitors from other stars would almost surely have to have originated in the Milky Way galaxy.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Because I've seen every episode of The X-Files and take it as gospel. That, and I don't trust the government as far as I can throw it.