Why do women have less of a sex drive then men?

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funnilov3
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

In all seriousness, why is it that men have more sexual urges, sometime on a minute to minute basis whilst women don't?

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

Women have just as big a sex drive as men, its just easier to hide it for them

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

That is one of life's greatest mysteries my friend. I just go with it.

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
maybe girls have more self control
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Reminds me of this comic I saw on Digg yesterday:

http://www.wetherobots.com/comics/2008-01-07-Misinformed.jpg

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Maybe men are so bad at sex women just dont want to do it.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Women have just as high sex drive as men however they find it to be more important and special then males and as such they want romance and you to be the sweet caring guy that cuddles and comforts them rather then the guy that just want to hump them for a couple of minutes and then go back to bed.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
When you get to college, you'll find out about the female sex drive.
--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

Women have just as big a sex drive as men.

Wolls

This. It also depends on the individual.

get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
Not true. Women can be very 'lusty,' for lack of a better word. They just don't like to talk about it because they feel it makes them sound "skanky." So sometimes they admonish it to sound above it.
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolls"]

Women have just as big a sex drive as men.

--Thomas--

This. It also depends on the individual.

Yes but thats true for men as well so.......
soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
[QUOTE="get-ka12"]Not true. Women can be very 'lusty,' for lack of a better word. They just don't like to talk about it because they feel it makes them sound "skanky." So sometimes they admonish it to sound above it.

I'd agree 100%. Thanks to double standards, if a woman is forthright about her urges, she's a slut and whore. If a man does it, he's normal.
K0PaSk4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 K0PaSk4
Member since 2004 • 15646 Posts
[QUOTE="get-ka12"]Not true. Women can be very 'lusty,' for lack of a better word. They just don't like to talk about it because they feel it makes them sound "skanky." So sometimes they admonish it to sound above it.

Exactly, they just as "vocal" as men when it come to expressing it but they do have needs as well. Dont worry you'll find out sooner....or later.
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts
Untrue. It's just that we have a pointy stick and they don't.
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

Niff_T

that was very funny, and true...:P

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
Sex drives pique at different stages of development in men and woman. However you'll find outliers I've had 2 girlfriends that seriously could not ever get enough.
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

Niff_T
that is so true :lol:
AcronymnsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AcronymnsFTW
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts
Depends on the person I would expect. One of my friends has great difficulty keeping her legs closed.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
I think they have a higher sex drive when behind close doors.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Because in terms of evolution, males want to mate more often so they can produce more offspring, which a female can't do because they have to spend so much time carrying any offspring.
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts
I have no idea why, my wife has absolutely none
Oresome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Oresome
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts

Because in terms of evolution, males want to mate more often so they can produce more offspring, which a female can't do because they have to spend so much time carrying any offspring. Silent-Hal

I wish life was as simplistic as 'we are animals'. Alas, it is not. Bad enough that I see bad journalistic articles that take everything out of context to try (a.k.a. make everything seem so simple, e.g. one Evolutionary article suggested women put lipstick on to make it look like a Vagina without mentioning at all that at certain points in history it was perfectly acceptable for men to do the same thing) and prove Evolution, now we have it in forums too (fyi, trying to be ironic)? Gratz you're an atheist that wants complex people to turn into animals, talk about it on the black-hole of intellect/logic/understanding that is the Dick Dawkins forums (yes, Dawkins is a moron, all his PR statements and books are beyond stupid and totally lack ANY understanding of the beliefs he is trying to argue against). 'In terms of evolution' cannot exist because evolution has never been proven, whether by science (a.k.a. no proof of beneficial generic data EVER coming about in ANY species or germ/virus/etc that wasn't a lose in information, no way for the first cell to be created within the environment Evolutionists have created/stated that the earth first started within and no way for existance itself to come about) and definitely not by any other field of study (since any other field states that humans are more then mere creatures). I'd have no problem with you stating in general that males are programmed a certain way, but 'terms of evolution' just shows your clear bias too much... Since Males can be programmed a certain way without evolution, just like Natural Selection itself is not something Darwin MAGICALLY came up with... Since of course non-Atheists themselves (e.g. Creationists) wrote about it before Darwin.

Wouldn't it work the other way as well? Females would want sex as well hence make more offspring? Even an Evolutionist themselves could have a go at you and say that you are generalising a complex situation, since why were females EVER given a sex drive if you apply your logic? They wouldn't need one, hell, if Evolutionary logic was applied to ALL then why don't women enjoy rape since no doubt according to the millions/thousands of years as cavemen (I laugh at the fact that people find a minor amount of bones in caves and start saying that we lived millions/thousands of years as cavemen, I'd think they could find more bones since there would have been millions of humans through those years) that males did just drag women by their legs and have forced intercourse to reproduce... SO WHY HAVEN'T WOMEN ADAPTED?!

Stupid logic is stupid, that is why.

Males are visual, females are not. I think that would be one of the major differences. Watching something the other day with a group of females talking about self-simulation, they stated they started (their first, you know what) at age 11 or 12 or something... Earlier then myself as a male I must say. Either way, like others stated, depends on each person. From what I know, for most women, if they are emotionally simulated they are much more into it (even though visuals come into it, overall trying to captailise on that fact more in line with males and their visual sexuality will be trying to make women into men). Of course, this includes men visualising within their own heads.

Anyway, I'm just saying what I think I know.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts
Depends on the person I would expect. One of my friends has great difficulty keeping her legs closed.AcronymnsFTW
is she hot?
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Ugh, yeah, that's all it was supposed to be: a generalised statement. I'm not about to write an essay on the complexities of human reproductive behaviour. You should probably take yourself off of that high horse of yours.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Wolls
This, sometimes higher. It just depends on their hormones, which go through more ups and downs than males' do. If there's a big long low due to hormones, some girls go on oral contraceptives to balance them out.
player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts

I have no idea why, my wife has absolutely noneCyleM
Same here. It might the age difference. As teens and early college years womens sex drives are high, but after kids or after 25 years their sex driver just goes to ****. Where as men might experience a dip in sex drive they still want to do it.

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CyleM
[QUOTE="CyleM"]I have no idea why, my wife has absolutely noneplayer_leo
Same here. It might the age difference. As teens and early college years womens sex drives are high, but after kids or after 25 years their sex driver just goes to s**t. Where as men might experience a dip in sex drive they still want to do it.

yeah we have one child now and she is pregnant now, but even in between she had no sex drive... and she is only 23 right now... it does suck though lol
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
Because in terms of evolution, males want to mate more often so they can produce more offspring, which a female can't do because they have to spend so much time carrying any offspring. Silent-Hal
its like you're the only guy in this thread that went to school
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Which is more likely to propogate the human race: 1 man and many women, or 1 woman and many men?

Men are just less essential in terms of reproduction, so they have to be more... productive, so to speak.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#30 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

*roars*Oresome

I agree with the latter part of your post, although it could reall do with some supplementing argumentation and source data. All of which i am too apathetic to set into motion, hence i´ll just smile and nod alongside with you.

And for what it´s worth, the middle and beginning makes a lot of sense, aswell. Thanks for typing the brunt of my thoughts out, now i bid you g´day.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 metroidfood

[QUOTE="Wolls"]

XilePrincess

This, sometimes higher. It just depends on their hormones, which go through more ups and downs than males' do. If there's a big long low due to hormones, some girls go on oral contraceptives to balance them out.

Not really true though. Men think about sex, desire sex, and have sex more often than women do on average.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I think many women have just as big of a sex drive, they just are more quiet about it.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
[QUOTE="CyleM"]I have no idea why, my wife has absolutely noneplayer_leo
Same here. It might the age difference. As teens and early college years womens sex drives are high, but after kids or after 25 years their sex driver just goes to s**t. Where as men might experience a dip in sex drive they still want to do it.

Actually that's not true, women generally hit their sexual peak in their early 30's through to their 40's depending on the woman of course. Women will experience a dip in drive when they are raising young children but that is usually a result of stress not necessarily hormonal...children can suck the sex drive out of a woman. I personally think we have a sexual peak later in life because that's when the men finally know what they are doing. ;)
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 metroidfood

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

Which is more likely to propogate the human race: 1 man and many women, or 1 woman and many men?

Men are just less essential in terms of reproduction, so they have to be more... productive, so to speak.

AcronymnsFTW

You do realize she can only be pregnant once at a time?

That was my point.

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CyleM
[QUOTE="player_leo"][QUOTE="CyleM"]I have no idea why, my wife has absolutely noneDDRMom

Actually that's not true, women generally hit their sexual peak in their early 30's through to their 40's depending on the woman of course. Women will experience a dip in drive when they are raising young children but that is usually a result of stress not necessarily hormonal...children can suck the sex drive out of a woman. I personally think we have a sexual peak later in life because that's when the men finally know what they are doing. ;)

hmm... interesting... well I know what I am doing for sure and I am only 24, she is the one that just lays there just to get it over with... she makes it seem like more of a chore than anything else...
AcronymnsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AcronymnsFTW
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts
[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="AcronymnsFTW"][QUOTE="metroidfood"]

You do realize she can only be pregnant once at a time?

That was my point.

Lies, I never made such a post.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 metroidfood

Lies, I never made such a post.AcronymnsFTW

What is this witchery?!

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

In all seriousness, why is it that men have more sexual urges, sometime on a minute to minute basis whilst women don't?

funnilov3
if u date a girl for a while, u will realise that the girls wants to have more sex than u in the end. so actually they have a bigger sex drive they just hide it but in reality they wanna do it even more than u
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"][QUOTE="Wolls"]

metroidfood

Not really true though. Men think about sex, desire sex, and have sex more often than women do on average.

I'm going to assume by that statement you are not female, because that is so untrue. The only reason a single woman would have sex less than single men (assuming people in a relationship are monogamous, thus having the same amount of sex) would be because of the double standard.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
hmm... interesting... well I know what I am doing for sure and I am only 24, she is the one that just lays there just to get it over with... she makes it seem like more of a chore than anything else... CyleM
Don't take it personally (I know that's hard) but it probably does seem more like a chore sometimes. I've been there, I had three children in 5 years before I hit my 28th birthday and there were times when the absolutely last thing I wanted to do after spending the day serving the needs of my children was worry about someone else's 'need.' In a couple of years when your wife no longer has babies and toddlers demanding all her time and energy, she'll hit her sexual peak and you'll be a happy man. lol
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CyleM
[QUOTE="CyleM"]hmm... interesting... well I know what I am doing for sure and I am only 24, she is the one that just lays there just to get it over with... she makes it seem like more of a chore than anything else... DDRMom
Don't take it personally (I know that's hard) but it probably does seem more like a chore sometimes. I've been there, I had three children in 5 years before I hit my 28th birthday and there were times when the absolutely last thing I wanted to do after spending the day serving the needs of my children was worry about someone else's 'need.' I hope so because before we were married and had children she was a wild thing... lol... I just usually thought that she was bored of it cause she has been active since she was 15 and I didn't start until I was 20 with her... I think another reason is because her mom is 53 and use to talk about sex all the time even at the dinner table with her dad and talked about all of her toys, so that really grossed us out... so hopefully after our kids get a little older she will be alright... thanks for the help In a couple of years when your wife no longer has babies and toddlers demanding all her time and energy, she'll hit her sexual peak and you'll be a happy man. lol

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It's a myth, they just hide it to get something from the guy or to make him whipped.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 metroidfood

I'm going to assume by that statement you are not female, because that is so untrue. The only reason a single woman would have sex less than single men (assuming people in a relationship are monogamous, thus having the same amount of sex) would be because of the double standard.XilePrincess

It's pretty much established fact that (statistically) when it comes to anything related to sex, men just want it more.

I'm sure there are plenty of women who want to bang everything in sight, but there are even more men who want to bang everything that is and isn't in sight.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

I am smart enough to know that I am way too stupid to comment with any shred of intelligence on the desires of women...

All I will say is that there have been many times where I have been having a night out and the ladies seem to be way more aggressive than the guys (also seen the reverse).
-so, in my experience, the behaviors appear to be fairly similar…at least when you remove some of the social stigmas/barriers with alcohol.
ALCOHOL FTW

player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 player_leo
[QUOTE="player_leo"][QUOTE="CyleM"]I have no idea why, my wife has absolutely noneDDRMom

I feel thats the reason Viagra was created. That 10 - 20 year drought in sexual activity causes men (faithful men) to start to lose their sex drive. Thus lose experience and forget "what their doing".
xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

You just live in a society where it is viewed like that. For example in Brazil it isn't odd to have women cheat on their husbands on a regular basis. And when asked "It is just sex." because it isn't a big deal. Some Pacific islanders have American social norms reversed. The woman goes out and works to bring home food while the man sits at home with the kids. And the woman has to instigate any sexual encounters.

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CyleM

You just live in a society where it is viewed like that. For example in Brazil it isn't odd to have women cheat on their husbands on a regular basis. And when asked "It is just sex." because it isn't a big deal. Some Pacific islanders have American social norms reversed. The woman goes out and works to bring home food while the man sits at home with the kids. And the woman has to instigate any sexual encounters.

xXDante666Xx
that is really weird, that would not fly in the USA
player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 player_leo

xXDante666Xx
Thats just wrong. It goes against the evolution of man. Hunters & gatherers and all that.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Niff_T

lol! thats an awesome cartoon! Might just put that on my facebook!

but in all seriousnes, women that are IN A RELATIONSHIP can be more sexual than guys. but women are trained to keep their sexual urges under control until they are married or in love.....wierd huh? and there are slutty girls too (more of an exception to the rule though). so NOT all women have a weaker sex drive. but i think it comes down to the history of humans or something. women dont do the "hunting", they tend to wait for the guy to come to them. Then they can choose who they want to be the father for their children (even though sex isnt just making babies). Most of us guys dont care as much who has our kids, we just wanna get out there and get our dna spread out as far as possible. Think of it this way: if guys didnt have a stronger sex drive, then the world would move at a much slower pace......and our population would be pretty small too i bet! (but that would be kinda nice considering we are overpopulated really)