Why do some people at my school look down upon me because I don't..

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hellfury360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hellfury360
Member since 2007 • 837 Posts

Smoke weed? I don't get it, people say I will understand life more if I do it? Really what does weed do I'm 16, never tried and never will.

hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

Don't let peer pressure get to you man.

Seriously though if they are looking down on you for not smoking weed then they are the losers. Its fine if they smoke weed but thinking they are better than you because they smoke weed makes them just stupid.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Just laugh knowing in a few years you'll be looking down at them when they're filling your car up with gas. ;)

Nevlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nevlim
Member since 2007 • 5312 Posts
I say just don't try it and don't let what they say to you affect you.
VENOM192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VENOM192
Member since 2009 • 1385 Posts

Stand strong man. Don't give into peer pressure.

VENOM192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VENOM192
Member since 2009 • 1385 Posts

Just laugh knowing in a few years you'll be looking down at them when they're filling your car up with gas.

Pirate700

That post is win. :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-583cc789d981d
deactivated-583cc789d981d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#7 deactivated-583cc789d981d
Member since 2008 • 1722 Posts

The same things happens to me because I refuse to drink Alcohol, living in Australia where pretty much everyone my age thinks passing out every weekend is cool means this is kind of annoying. Just ignore it, by 40 you will still remember your name, I doubt they could say the same

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

:? I don't know why people look down on you for it. I'm 23 and I have never smoked tobbacco or weed and nobody looks down on me. I am however not incredibly outspoken against weed either so maybe that's part of it.

I understand that weed isn't all that bad for you, but it just remains to be not my thing.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
Do what I do - develop superiority complex over them and call them "potty" instead of pothead. But there aren't that many weed smokers at my school, and superiority complex comes way too naturally because they're failing at life.
awesomejdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 awesomejdude
Member since 2008 • 4811 Posts

First of all, that's a really ridiculous thing to make fun of someone for. "Hey guys! Look, that guy doesn't enjoy killing himself! Ha ha, that's hilarious!"

Second, don't give in, and just ignore them.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

Just laugh knowing in a few years you'll be looking down at them when they're filling your car up with gas.

Pirate700
not all people that smoke weed are losers. :(
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
Because they are high. Duh. How else are they supposed to look at you from way up there?
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I tried weed when I was 15. All I can say is: don't do it, at least not until you're older.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
If you don't want to try it, then don't try it. Tell them that you're simply not interested. People in high school (hell, even in college) seem to think that indulging in weed and/or alcohol makes them special, superior, edgy, etc. The people who talk about it constantly, "brag," try to get others into it are obviously doing it for the social reasons. They want to appear cool. Not everyone is like this, though, but it is very commonplace in high school and even college. I noticed it a LOT in high school and I have noticed it a bit so far in college. It's up to you. Really. If you're not interested, that's totally fine. If you are, that's fine too. It's up to you. Don't worry about those other people. They should just leave you alone about it. That's just how I see it. I choose to indulge, but it's my own choice and I don't tell other people what they should or shouldn't do or whether or not they're cool. That petty high school stuff will be over soon for you.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
[QUOTE="Famiking"]Do what I do - develop superiority complex over them and call them "potty" instead of pothead. But there aren't that many weed smokers at my school, and superiority complex comes way too naturally because they're failing at life.

yeah that^ will get people less ticked at you. honestly this is the reason peer pressure exists. When you act like you're better than everyone else is exactly when the people you look down on ask, "Who the hell are you to judge me?"
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Weed was a good time in high school. Its only for getting high though. Don't let pot heads tell you that it will improve your life in any way whatsoever.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Tons of my friends do it and they offer but I always say no. They try to convince and stuff but I don't buy. Let them do whatever they want and do what's best for you. They'll eventually understand.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Just laugh knowing in a few years you'll be looking down at them when they're filling your car up with gas. ;)

Pirate700
Yep pretty much this. I am not saying all pot heads are unsuccessful bastards but those kids who think that it is "cool" usually are. Don't fall for their pressure.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
if it means anything, you arent missing out on that much fun.
Hellfury360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hellfury360

Well I have like friends do it, and I once heard of one of my friend's friend selling his Xbox 360 to get $150 of weed. I just think it's stupid to waste so much money on a plant that gets you high for like 30mins or longer

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Where do you live? I've never heard of that happening to anyone before..

Hellfury360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hellfury360

Dallas, Texas

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts

Smoke weed? I don't get it, people say I will understand life more if I do it? Really what does weed do I'm 16, never tried and never will.

Hellfury360

That's just a figure of speech. They just want you to do it, it doesn't give you 'magical insight' into life, it just makes you high.

When you do it, you giggle uncontrolably, you get hungry, your mind slows down, and you just get sensations that you normally wouldn't get, like it makes you 'happier' for some strange reason, probably the chemicals in the plants releasing other chemicals in the brain to trigger emotions.

hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

Well I have like friends do it, and I once heard of one of my friend's friend selling his Xbox 360 to get $150 of weed. I just think it's stupid to waste so much money on a plant that gets you high for like 30mins or longer

Hellfury360

umm what weed is your friend smoking? You get high for like 4 hours.

Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

In my school there are different groups. The potheads think people who don't smoke weed are wimps and ******s but some others think that doing weed makes you stupid and likely to fail in life. Most of the potheads in my school will most likely fail at life.

Hellfury360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hellfury360

[QUOTE="Hellfury360"]

hedden93

umm what weed is your friend smoking? You get high for like 4 hours.

I don't know. I don't smoke it :P

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Hellfury360

So...you then start smoking weed, and then people start looking down on you because you smoke weed.

1) Weed is cool, or it is awful. Weed is like school itself. You get out of it what you put into it. If you take weed and add your own laziness to it, then you're probably going to end up as a dumbass stoner who uses every situation as an excuse to get high.

2) If you're never going to try weed, then what the **** do you care if people look down on you because you don't use it? I'm never going to use crack or heroin. And if anyone ever looks down on me because I don't want to use crack or heroin, that merely tells me that I need to completely stop associating with those people.

3) Not that "weed" (aka "marijuana") is even remotely as dangerous as crack or heroin. I'm just stating the point that if illegal recreational drugs are THAT important to these people that they call you a loser if you don't use those drugs, then you need to stop associating with those people. They're drug pushers. I smoke a hell of a lot, and I drink a hell of a lot of booze. But you'll NEVER see me calling anyone a lame-ass dork because they don't like to drink and smoke. **** that. People can do what they like, and that's fine. If anyone EVER starts pressuring you to start using an illegal recreational drug, then you need to seriously re-evaluate your relationship with that person.

kingdavid562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 kingdavid562
Member since 2010 • 1173 Posts

dont worry... : )

they wont even remeber that because their gona keep smokining and smoking..

and just keep getining stupider and stupider....

thats what happemd to me...

SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts

Same thing happens to me. I'm 22 and never drank a sip of alchohol. Not really in any hurry to either.

teddyrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 teddyrob
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

Hellfury360

It turns you mad. Ask me. You will understand drugs more but that's about it.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
Meh. It's kind of the same at my school execpt my friends respect the fact that I don't want to smoke weed. They just don't bring it up with me. Suprisingly I even got one of my friends to quit.
teddyrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 teddyrob
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

Pirate700

That's a good outcome they can hope for. I've seen people die, hospitalised and go insane and get thrown into a mental institute with drugs, end up sleeping on park bench.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I always give people crap for not smoking weed. it's not a big deal though. If you don't like fun, that's your problem. :)
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Simply put, rebellious young people don't typically respect those who respect authority or rules. One of the primary appeals of marijuana is the fact that smoking it is illegal, and so it draws in many who try it just for that reason - similar to underage drinking. Those are probably the ones who look down on you, as you "play it safe."

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Don't let it phase you.. honestly if someone looks down on you for not doing drugs, really not worth it.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#36 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
All these people are crazy, just smoke up, you will understand life more.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

Pirate700
ironically enough i ran into one highschool pothead a few weeks back and he is quite successful now
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

You should be looking down on them.

Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Assassin1349
Member since 2009 • 2798 Posts

The people at your school are probably insecure and stupid. One, it will not make you understand life any better than you already do. Two, if you're comfortable with not smoking weed. Stick with it. I used to be high 24/7 and then I quit.. You're not missing much. It's not bad for you but really there's no need for it if you're already content living life the way you already do.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Hellfury360

Don't do it. Period. Its not cool, its a bad habit. One that will ruin your life. If those so-called "cool" guys think they're so high and mighty, they will pay for it later in life. I'm glad I never tried smoking. I have a heart defect and had to have surgery 4 years ago. I was told by mu surgeonafter surgery as you breathe deep and cough, smokers cough up black junk out of their lungs. Besides, you'll be healtheir than them. it is a purely bad thing without one once of good.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Simply put, rebellious young people don't typically respect those who respect authority or rules. One of the primary appeals of marijuana is the fact that smoking it is illegal, and so it draws in many who try it just for that reason - similar to underage drinking. Those are probably the ones who look down on you, as you "play it safe."

pianist

On the other hand, as a 30 year old man, pretty much all of my peers drink. Some drink often, some drink rarely. But whenever I see a 30 year old peer who NEVER drinks alcohol, I assume one of a few things...Either they just plain don't like alcohol, they're religious fanatics who think that alcohol is evil, they're potentially alcoholics and want to avoid the temptation, or they're just ****ing weird.

Several of those things may also apply to marijuana. But probably not all of them.

I see it more like this...illegality is probably a minor point when it comes to people smoking weed. Sure...some people surely smoke weed because they want to be rebels. The majority probably smoke weed because they like it. Legal? Illegal? Who cares? They like it, so they use it.

Same way that I've ALWAYS been a fan of alcohol. Don't get me wrong, it's a horrible and deadly drug. BUT I ****ING LOVE IT. Always have, since the first time I tried it. Probably always WILL love the alcohol for as long as I live. Weed, on the other hand, became a turnoff for me. I had a short period where I used the hell out of it, then using it just made me feel BAD. Like, "insane" and "life-cripplingly paranoid and antisocial". Got to the point where when I used that stuff, I was just constantly scared and terrified and in a state of panic. And that **** ain't fun. I never even made an attempt to quit, I just gradual stopped because emotionally the drug was making me feel increasingingly terrified and insane.

Anyway, I'm not denying that popularity, peer pressure, and rebellion are a reason why people start doing drugs. But...some people try those drugs and just plain don't like them. If someone's giving you **** for not liking a certain drug, then give him a balut egg and then feel free to call him a coward when he refuses to suck the juice out of an egg and then eat an entire duck fetus.

People like what people like. I like beer, but I hate candy corn. You hate beer, but you love candy corn. Let's make a deal. You can eat all the candy corn, and I'll drink all the beer. You don't try to make me eat your candy, I don't make you try to drink my beer. We can both consume what we want (with no outside pressure involved) and then you and I ought to be "cool with that", or something. Right?

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

First of all, that's a really ridiculous thing to make fun of someone for. "Hey guys! Look, that guy doesn't enjoy killing himself! Ha ha, that's hilarious!"

awesomejdude

Weed isn't great for you lungs, but saying that by doing it, you're killing yourself is a little extreme. I have and never will smoke weed, but in all honesty think it is far better for the human body than cigerettes are. The thing that makes weed bad, however, is the fact that it is a 'gateway drug'. I know a lot of people who started with it and now are doing much worse drugs :(

rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#43 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts

Hellfury360
there are so many other ways to understand life. if they pick on you for not smoking weed, well, you can shut them up by randomly phoning the cops. :D
Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Assassin1349
Member since 2009 • 2798 Posts

[QUOTE="awesomejdude"]

jorler333

Weed isn't great for you lungs, but saying that by doing it, you're killing yourself is a little extreme. I have and never will smoke weed, but in all honesty think it is far better for the human body than cigerettes are. The thing that makes weed bad, however, is the fact that it is a 'gateway drug'. I know a lot of people who started with it and now are doing much worse drugs :(

I don't buy into the 'gateway drug' deal. It's their own character that has lead them to do harder drugs.
hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 hodges_3_5
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="Hellfury360"]

Calvin079

Don't do it. Period. Its not cool, its a bad habit. One that will ruin your life. If those so-called "cool" guys think they're so high and mighty, they will pay for it later in life. I'm glad I never tried smoking. I have a heart defect and had to have surgery 4 years ago. I was told by mu surgeonafter surgery as you breathe deep and cough, smokers cough up black junk out of their lungs. Besides, you'll be healtheir than them. it is a purely bad thing without one once of good.

This is a little extreme don't you think? I agree with the bad lungs and stuff, but ruin your life? Come on now.
BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts

I dont get made fun of, but all of my friends smoke and drink, and Im 18 and headed to college. Not that I am trying to complain about it, but I have chronic migraines and I know I would do anything for a clear head. The fact that these guys give it away to easily is disgusting to me. But you have to realize that doesnt make them as people, its just a choice that as of right now could be worse. I hope things work out for you, but know there are kids like you out there. Something I have found helpful is when they are out partying, do something productive, such as workout, write a novel or study. Hope this helps.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

[QUOTE="Calvin079"]

[QUOTE="Hellfury360"]

hodges_3_5

This is a little extreme don't you think? I agree with the bad lungs and stuff, but ruin your life? Come on now.

Health wise, yes. It will ruin you. You have to pay to supply your habit. So health and financi wise it will ruin you.

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

[QUOTE="jorler333"]

[QUOTE="awesomejdude"]

Assassin1349

I don't buy into the 'gateway drug' deal. It's their own character that has lead them to do harder drugs.

I personally think weed can influence people's 'character'. I know plenty of people who did weed for a year or so, then started to experiment with other drugs hoping they'd have fun with it too. There's no denying the fact that it acts as a gateway drug to some people.