Why do other countries hate America?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tokra213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 tokra213
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

Really I just want to know...does anyone know why?

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts

Because we're just that awesome. 8)

tokra213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tokra213
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

Because we're just that awesome. 9)BladeOfHeaven

Could it be taht we just are? :O

EStar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 EStar999
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

One of the reasons why other countries hate America is that we are STILL unable to finish off the "war" in Iraq.

ManifestoJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ManifestoJoe
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
Because they like to generalize. Is that a double standard?
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

You guys don't play nice.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Because when we hype something AAA, it scores AAA.

Our stuff never flops.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

There is alot of reasons, some are due to steriotypical images brought by the media.

But Americans does in some points seem incredibly selfcentered, with the belief that they indeed are the center the world evolves around, and they have indeed long evaded any attempt to have regulations on polution.

Thier political views are about as alien to me as the middleeastern ones, thier Liberal party reminds me a bit of our Conservatives, just a whole lot more extreme, which basicly is not very popular in Europe.

Also the use of fuel in the States seemed a bit extreme, especially when it is quite clear that fuel is becomming REALLY scarse really fast. (this is also a view the media sends, altho I am fairly certain american fuel guzzlers have not sold well in over 20 years).

The american mentality just seems a bit... "off"...

Big cars (The Hummer comes to mind as a idiotic way of transport if you live in a city) would likely land you a backhand blow to the head over here.

Thier views of guns reminds us of something out of the middleages.

One particular thing hurt the states more then anything else tho... that would be the Bush admin, I do not personally blame Bush for it (it was an awefully big adminestration), but the States came off as just about as religiously fanatistic as the Middle eastern targets they were out against.

People also greatly dislike the US "Policing" of the world, tho that is not an issue here in Europe.

It is kinda Ironic innit? My country is placed right on the line of where Communist Russia and Capitalist USA met, and we do not care for either, a mix of them tho seems to be very effective tho.

The USA just seem so outdated and ancient in its train of thoughts.

But as I pointed out, this is indeed the fault of the Media, both internally in the states, and in europe. And the media is just about as powerful as the goverment, if not more, due to its ability to put thoughts into your head, most people does not even question the news, altho it is very selective, and often has a political agenda.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

We don't hate America :? If we did, we wouldn't be letting you use our bases.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

We have Brad Pitt ;)

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Depends on the country in question. There's a few with legitimate grievances.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

There is alot of reasons, some are due to steriotypical images brought by the media.

But Americans does in some points seem incredibly selfcentered, with the belief that they indeed are the center the world evolves around, and they have indeed long evaded any attempt to have regulations on polution.

Thier political views are about as alien to me as the middleeastern ones, thier Liberal party reminds me a bit of our Conservatives, just a whole lot more extreme, which basicly is not very popular in Europe.

Also the use of fuel in the States seemed a bit extreme, especially when it is quite clear that fuel is becomming REALLY scarse really fast. (this is also a view the media sends, altho I am fairly certain american fuel guzzlers have not sold well in over 20 years).

Big cars (The Hummer comes to mind as a idiotic way of transport if you live in a city) would likely land you a backhand blow to the head over here.

One particular thing hurt the states more then anything else tho... that would be the Bush admin, I do not personally blame Bush for it (it was an awefully big adminestration), but the States came off as just about as religiously fanatistic as the Middle eastern targets they were out against.

People also greatly dislike the US "Policing" of the world, tho that is not an issue here in Europe.

It is kinda Ironic innit? My country is placed right on the line of where Communist Russia and Capitalist USA met, and we do not care for either, a mix of them tho seems to be very effective tho.

But as I pointed out, this is indeed the fault of the Media, both internally in the states, and in europe. And the media is just about as powerful as the goverment, if not more, due to its ability to put thoughts into your head, most people does not even question the news, altho it is very selective, and often has a political agenda.

Maddie_Larkin
Those are some really pathetic reasons for hating America. The "policing" thing seems a bit ironic as the US tried to stay out of European affairs, but European nations wanted us... so when we finally got involved for good, they want us out.
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts
Arrogance and Politics. That is basically it
musicaz70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 musicaz70
Member since 2007 • 1949 Posts

Better question, why do we have this thread every other day?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Because we're stupid.

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Arrogance is one of the main reasons.

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

Really I just want to know...does anyone know why?

tokra213

The same reason that everyone hates the Yankees.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
I mean no offence when I say this but...America does have a habit of sticking its nose into other peoples buisness.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Because when we hype something AAA, it scores AAA.

Our stuff never flops.

Silverbond
Spore says hello :(
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

We have Brad Pitt ;)

vendettared468
And Angelina Jolie =] haha
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

they're just jealous of us.

Seriously though we claim to be the best country in the world which most likely comes acrossas arrogant. Also a lot of them sees us as the way Hollywood portrays us to be.

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

because a lot of Americans think that the U.S. is the Jesus Christ of nations and nevers does anything wrong. We've made enemies because we've screwed a couple of countries.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

Better question, why do we have this thread every other day?

musicaz70
Because we all have A.D.D.
clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
CAUSE WE'RE THE GREATEST USA USA USA (sings the star spangled banner) Honestly the Iraq war and the whole "fat and lazy" generalization that people have of us.
Punjabiking101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Punjabiking101
Member since 2008 • 1577 Posts

we're awesome and we are lazy as hell :P

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
The US is pretty much everything I don't want in a country. But that is my personal reason. (I wouldn't say I "hate" it, I just don't support it).
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
[QUOTE="Maddie_Larkin"]

DivergeUnify
Those are some really pathetic reasons for hating America. The "policing" thing seems a bit ironic as the US tried to stay out of European affairs, but European nations wanted us... so when we finally got involved for good, they want us out.

I don't see how they are pathetic. People's opinions of other countries are formed by what they think of the people and most of the world thinks American's are idiots and recent activities haven't really been helping.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

arrogance and greed?

You act like the world should bow to you presence

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Serraph105
CAUSE WE'RE THE GREATEST USA USA USA (sings the star spangled banner) Honestly the Iraq war and the whole "fat and lazy" generalization that people have of us.clubsammich91
Mindless Chants Mindless Chants Mindless Chants it only works if you have three sylables
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
threads like this don't help...
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="clubsammich91"]CAUSE WE'RE THE GREATEST USA USA USA (sings the star spangled banner) Honestly the Iraq war and the whole "fat and lazy" generalization that people have of us.Serraph105
Mindless Chants Mindless Chants Mindless Chants it only works if you have three sylables

Sort of like... Obama Obama Obama :P
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

well having lived in 3 countries myself... I have to say i prefer my previous 2 to america

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="clubsammich91"]CAUSE WE'RE THE GREATEST USA USA USA (sings the star spangled banner) Honestly the Iraq war and the whole "fat and lazy" generalization that people have of us.fidosim

Sort of like... Obama Obama Obama :P

Yes We Can Attica the list goes on I'm sure but that is all I can think of
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

well having lived in 3 countries myself... I have to say i prefer my previous 2 to america

ethanpaige
I agree. I lived in Japan and much prefer it to America.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
just look at the people who live here, you wont have to look farther than some of the posts people make on these forums.. were the only country who says were the best country in the world PUBLICLY. think of america as kanye west, he always says he is the best, and everyone hates him, he just comes off as a jerk, you can also think about it as the guy on your sports team that always says he's the best, and when he wins a game he says " i just ownd you, why do you even try against me, i'm the best" instead of " good game" were like that guy, but as a country. if we really are the most powerful country and if we think that makes us the best, which it dosn't, we should be at least humble about it, and not cocky.. a humble person who's great at what he does is looked upto, a hero, a legend.. on the other hand
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
[QUOTE="ethanpaige"]

Doomtime

Yeah I've lived in Ireland and South Africa, loved both of them. This place... meh.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Others hate us for our extreme sense of patriotism many Americans have. I'm American, and while I love it here and enjoy living here, I don't think the U.S.A is the best country ever.

mclovin401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mclovin401
Member since 2007 • 899 Posts
i think alot of areas of the world hate america/americans because we think our crap dont stink.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

im american and i like it here........but our freedom sucks.

mclovin401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mclovin401
Member since 2007 • 899 Posts
[QUOTE="ethanpaige"][QUOTE="Doomtime"][QUOTE="ethanpaige"]

Yeah I've lived in Ireland and South Africa, loved both of them. This place... meh.

visited holland and portugal.....they were amazing....mcdonalds is stupid expensive in portugal though .lol. it cost a little over 5 dollars american for a double cheeseburger there. but yea...i wouldnt say i like them more....i would say that if i had to live in either or, i wouldnt care.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="Maddie_Larkin"]

artichoke

I don't see how they are pathetic. People's opinions of other countries are formed by what they think of the people and most of the world thinks American's are idiots and recent activities haven't really been helping.

why do they think we're idiots? give us a real reason that, besides culture, proves the IQ of an American is lower than the rest of the world :|
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
America can't keep to itself and stay out of other country's business also the patriots and christian fundies give the country a bad name
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DivergeUnify
America can't keep to itself and stay out of other country's business also the patriots and christian fundies give the country a bad namemarkop2003
at the request of the respective nations
_glatisant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _glatisant_
Member since 2008 • 1060 Posts

America can't keep to itself and stay out of other country's business also the patriots and christian fundies give the country a bad namemarkop2003

This, pretty much. Also, in Britain we do tend to find your religious zeal rather worrying. We also don't share your enthusiasm towards guns.

These are obviously generalisations, but what else did you expect?

_glatisant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 _glatisant_
Member since 2008 • 1060 Posts

[QUOTE="markop2003"]America can't keep to itself and stay out of other country's business also the patriots and christian fundies give the country a bad nameDivergeUnify

You are taking this a bit too personally. Just admit that your country isn't perfect. It's hardly a reflection on you.

FAB_GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FAB_GS
Member since 2009 • 161 Posts

Arrogance and Politics. That is basically itOblivionfan10

That!

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Well I wouldnt know since I am from the US, I guess they are just jealous.
clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
Well I wouldnt know since I am from the US, I guess they are just jealous.RenegadePatriot
Of what?
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

Because we're stupid.

Gaming-Planet

ya olol

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
[QUOTE="markop2003"]America can't keep to itself and stay out of other country's business also the patriots and christian fundies give the country a bad nameDivergeUnify

Always?