Why do my Parents think Gaming makes you mad??

wasd123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 wasd123987
Member since 2020 • 5 Posts

My Parents think Gaming makes you mad(I am 8th Grade and doing very well in studies).They have always thought Gaming makes you Mad and your brain stops working properly.I don't play more than 3 hrs everyday and want to pursue Gaming as my Career but my Parents say Gamers don't get money they just dont realise how much of a big industry it could become idk how to explain it to them they just don't understand it and say you should become an Engineer or a Doctor. Recently I was playing Minecraft Hypixel Bedwars and when they came across the "You Died" message they freaked out and switched off the Computer they think the Age Restriction is 18+ but they don't believe when I showed it was just 7+... Kids my age play Fortnite and I can't even play Bedwars(P.S. they also freaked out about the Mouse Clicks and my Keyboard Sound).They just believe everything they hear and no one ever talks about the positive effects of Gaming.They can't even understand what is ESports and Gaming Clans like Faze,Team Secret,etc...Please help me to explain it to them

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Because they're stupid and wont check up on something they don't know anything about. My condolences, hope you can move out soon.

Gaming as a career though? You should probably not pursue that. Too hard to become successful.

wasd123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wasd123987

@Litchie: ik its hard but when you really want something nothing can stop you, ik u need to have a life and pls don't call my parents stupid.But I have a plan already but I just can't do it(I'll tell the plan if u want to know).Besides I am getting tired of this lockdown as no one comes out to play and if I play on PC my Parents just don't let me play and say get out and do something(I kinda blame my school for 7hrs of Online Class every day except Sunday when just 4hrs)...idk what I should do pls help me have a better life :(

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

People who have opinions about things they don't know anything about, and are ignorant enough to not check stuff up about the things they don't know anything about, are stupid. So yes. Based on the information you've given me about your parents, my conclusion is that they're dumb. That's something that you can't really fix. You can enlighten them about the truth, but if they wont listen, there's nothing you can do. You just gotta wait till you can control your own life as you want to, and then do it.

I can't help you better than this. You could search for some informative YT video about how videogames are good for you and show them or something. I've no idea if that would work or not as I don't know your parents.

Also, I'd highly recommend getting a job in the game industry over trying to become the next Ninja or a famous esports person.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

For every successful gamer there's probably 10,000 unsuccessful ones.

But hey you do you.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

On a side note, spend enough time w/ multiplayer competitive gaming and yes, you'd think those game types are making kids mad lol.

wasd123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wasd123987

Well I'm actually good at Minecraft Hypixel Bedwars but I can't upload :( ...idk what I should be doing the only Games I like are Fortnite and Minecraft(I'm Average in Fortnite)So I guess I need to wait and ofc I need money to buy a PC So I'll need to work in a Job as a Game Tester(The Best Job Ever)So Thank you guys for helping

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@wasd123987 said:

Well I'm actually good at Minecraft Hypixel Bedwars but I can't upload :( ...idk what I should be doing the only Games I like are Fortnite and Minecraft(I'm Average in Fortnite)So I guess I need to wait and ofc I need money to buy a PC So I'll need to work in a Job as a Game Tester(The Best Job Ever)So Thank you guys for helping

No, job testing isn't the 'best job ever', it's crap. You don't get to play the best games ever like you would enjoy it. You play the exact same part of the same level over and over to find any bugs/crash and report it. And if you find one, be sure to able to repeat all the process that lead you there.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

I'd be OK with my kid playing Minecraft, game is great for creativity, planning, architecture, and downright fun.

You might as well be against LEGOs if you're against Minecraft.

Try out Kerbal Space Program. It's a NASA simulator, except with Minion-looking characters. If they have a problem with a game that teaches you literal rocket science better than any K-12 teacher could....they have issues larger than any game might give you.

wasd123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wasd123987

@mrbojangles25: I'm not gonna go around playing Singleplayer... I will play Hypixel Bedwars and try to get better at it(P.S. I am the best amongst all my friends and I have over 1000 Friends)So ok Thank you ppl for the advice

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

Ooof, nice ad. Very sneaky.

Hiking-Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hiking-Viking
Member since 2020 • 11 Posts

Because it is easier to blame something like video games for the issues in children that are the consequences by the behaviour of said parents

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@wasd123987 said:

No, job testing isn't the 'best job ever', it's crap. You don't get to play the best games ever like you would enjoy it. You play the exact same part of the same level over and over to find any bugs/crash and report it. And if you find one, be sure to able to repeat all the process that lead you there.

Loading Video...

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Ill say this, gamers are often some of the most socially inept and awkward and narrow minded people you will meet. But that comes from toxic nerd/neet/weebo culture more then playing videogames. People that rigidly identify with things, often arent the most socially acclimated. Now avid videogame players with healthy social lives, thats a different story.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Its just a balance, man. I just got a job offer today in the music business because of my video game industry experience. Play your games, have fun but stay healthy and keep active both physically and socially.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

@wasd123987: If you’re good enough to play professionally you can start generating sub and donation money at 13. Your parents would have a hard time saying it’s not real when the money starts coming in.

And if you can’t generate interest in your stream or youtube channel even at a young age, at least to get enough subs to monetize at even a few hundred a month, then your dream ISN'T real, and you should figure out something else to do.