Why do Atheists make more religious posts than Christians?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peter1191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 peter1191
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts

Really, its our job to convert people. Why are we lagging behind? Theories/flame wars anyone?

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
I never!
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
lady
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Really, its our job to convert people. Why are we lagging behind? Theories/flame wars anyone?

peter1191
not really convert, but question "why?" It's like how the flat earth society has grown every year since 2009, do people seriously believe these things?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

It's not my place to convert anyone. I can present facts and ideas, it's up to the individual what to do with them

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
because they're just going through a phase /shadowmoses
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

Many New Atheists here are losers in real life. Most atheists on here, who I'd consider "normal", are absolutely fine and make the same amount of religious posts as your average Gamespot Christian would.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Many New Atheists here are losers in real life. Most atheists on here, who I'd consider "normal", are absolutely fine and make the same amount of religious posts as your average Gamespot Christian would.

kingkong0124
What is a "New Atheist"?
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kingkong0124

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

edgewalker16

What is a "New Atheist"?

Militant atheists

Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, other losers like that.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wis3boi

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

edgewalker16

What is a "New Atheist"?

a made up term by butthurt fundies

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingkong0124

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

wis3boi

What is a "New Atheist"?

okie dokie

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"] What is a "New Atheist"?kingkong0124

okie dokie

people have been doing this for centuries, you just see more of it with the Internet. it isn't 'new' at all.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingkong0124

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

okie dokie

people have been doing this for centuries, you just see more of it with the Internet. it isn't 'new' at all.

Okay, then it's a misnomer. That's what this movement is called: New Atheism. It may not be new, but that's what they call it.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
They must be mad.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

okie dokie

let him think that atheism is a "phase" and that people try to use reason and logic because we all hate religion:lol:

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]
okie dokie

kingkong0124

Okay, then it's a misnomer. That's what this movement is called: New Atheism. It may not be new, but that's what they call it.

Who's "They"? The same people who use the term "Militant Atheist"?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
Insecurity...../thread
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Insecurity...../threadLJS9502_basic

To easy, dont be a dick.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
I see a catholic with 139290 posts in this thread. Empirically wrong, OP edit didn't read properly ah well i'm tired as f*ck
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#20 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

Militant atheists

kingkong0124

Those men are more successful than you.

Which I recall was your defense of the Romney Ohio attendees.

So if those guys are losers, what does that make you (and every other person less successful than those people)

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
because they're just going through a phase /shadowmosesl4dak47
This.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Insecurity...../threadtenaka2

To easy, dont be a dick.

*shrugs* Someone secure in what they believe doesn't feel the need to seek constant reinforcement nor put down the beliefs of others. Period.
norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

Militant atheists

Slashless

Those men are more successful than you.

Which I recall was your defense of the Romney Ohio attendees.

So if those guys are losers, what does that make you (and every other person less successful than those people)

I think his use of "losers" here is on the same line as bullying. That's what most of these atheists do on this board anyway.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Insecurity...../threadLJS9502_basic

To easy, dont be a dick.

*shrugs* Someone secure in what they believe doesn't feel the need to seek constant reinforcement nor put down the beliefs of others. Period.

Nice to see the "You insecure so you argue for reinforcement" fallacy is still making the rounds in the 21st century. If i'm insecure in any belief i hold then why would i seek out dissenting opinion? When is that ever the case? The opposite is true, Those who are secure in their beliefs seek to correct and enlighten others. But it is always easier to make blind and baseless claims about ones position than actually address anything of value. Try to be less condescending.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

peter1191

Thank you! Atheists are by far the most preachy, most obnoxious bunch of folk. Well, not all of them, just the Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens (RIP) ilk.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]
okie dokie

Krelian-co

let him think that atheism is a "phase" and that people try to use reason and logic because we all hate religion:lol:

To be fair, the vast majority of atheists on this board continuously call for the extermination of all religion simply because they don't like it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

To easy, dont be a dick.

mattisgod01

Nice to see the "You insecure so you argue for reinforcement" fallacy is still making the rounds in the 21st century. If i'm insecure in any belief i hold then why would i seek out dissenting opinion? When is that ever the case? The opposite is true, Those who are secure in their beliefs seek to correct and enlighten others. But it is always easier to make blind and baseless claims about ones position than actually address anything of value. Try to be less condescending.

Nah. If you were secure...you wouldn't give a sh*t what someone else believed.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] *shrugs* Someone secure in what they believe doesn't feel the need to seek constant reinforcement nor put down the beliefs of others. Period.LJS9502_basic

Explain why that is?

I find it ironic coming from someone who spends far too much time arguing over every single issue on this forum. Why do it if you don't give a sh*t?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

mattisgod01

Explain why that is?

I find it ironic coming from someone who spends far too much time arguing over every single issue on this forum. Why do it if you don't give a sh*t?

Show me one thread I created wherein I put down anyone's beliefs......you on the other hand have been known to do that...and that's exactly why my answer made you uncomfortable.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Nah. If you were secure...you wouldn't give a sh*t what someone else believed.LJS9502_basic

Explain why that is?

Show me one thread I created wherein I put down anyone's beliefs......you on the other hand have been known to do that...and that's exactly why my answer made you uncomfortable.

Made me uncomfortable? Not in the slightest. I just try to stop people making the same old claims that have no basis in reality. Not that you would be concerned with reality.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] *shrugs* Someone secure in what they believe doesn't feel the need to seek constant reinforcement nor put down the beliefs of others. Period.LJS9502_basic

Again LJS trolls. There's no sense in believing something that isn't tenable. If there is no real reason to believe it, the belief is worthless. Anyone could believe that unicorns who **** rainbows exist somewhere in the universe... however without any reason, or any evidence to support it, there's no real purpose in believing it. PS: being "secure" about your belief, doesn't make your belief tenable.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

What is a "New Atheist"?

Militant atheists

The sort of people who consider people with different opinions and beliefs to be the dirt beneath their shoes. Classy stuff, really.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Nibroc420

Again LJS trolls. There's no sense in believing something that isn't tenable. If there is no real reason to believe it, the belief is worthless. Anyone could believe that unicorns who **** rainbows exist somewhere in the universe... however without any reason, or any evidence to support it, there's no real purpose in believing it. PS: being "secure" about your belief, doesn't make your belief tenable.

LOL I would never try to take over your title of trolling king of OT. But since you spend your time blasting religion...it's not surprising you wouldn't want to hear the reason.

PS...your PS sums you up.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

My little pony fans are weird.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WiiCubeM1

MakeMeaSammitch

Everything about you... just screams internet troll.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"] What is a "New Atheist"?ShadowsDemon

Militant atheists

The sort of people who consider people with different opinions and beliefs to be the dirt beneath their shoes. Classy stuff, really.

Is this the new position of Religious Apologetics? Everything else fails so you just crawl up into the intellectual fetal position and complain about the way others treat you? I've rarely seen atheists use this same excuse or claim towards the religious.

Just because they may make your position and beliefs seem inferior is not their fault, Maybe you need to reassess your reasons for belief.

Atheists are heavily outnumbered and yet we can make the religious squirm, We are slowly winning this war both with Logic and thick skin. If only use insecure, Militant Atheist Losers could be tortured and but to death like the good old days, Things were so much easier when everyone was forced to agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

We don't.

Well, I sure don't.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

Militant atheists

mattisgod01

Is this the new position of Religious Apologetics? Everything else fails so you just crawl up into the intellectual fetal position and complain about the way others treat you? I've rarely seen atheists use this same excuse or claim towards the religious.

Just because they may make your position and beliefs seem inferior is not their fault, Maybe you need to reassess your reasons for belief.

Atheists are heavily outnumbered and yet we can make the religious squirm, We are slowly winning this war both with Logic and thick skin. If only use insecure, Militant Atheist Losers could be tortured and but to death like the good old days, Things were so much easier when everyone was forced to agree.

One of the problems level-headed people have with some atheists is their sense of superiority.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Nah. If you were secure...you wouldn't give a sh*t what someone else believed.LJS9502_basic

LOL I would never try to take over your title of trolling king of OT. But since you spend your time blasting religion...it's not surprising you wouldn't want to hear the reason.

PS...your PS sums you up.

so much anger, relax man.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

WiiCubeM1

This thread was boring.

I decided to start a new topic.

facts are facts.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts
Because they're idiots.
noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

Atheists have no faith in anything and are mostly smart ass losers who will kill themselves after crying in a youtube video.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
Because there's more atheists that are willing to talk about religion on OT than there are Christians - therefore more posts by them will be made.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

WiiCubeM1

To be fair, the vast majority of atheists on this board continuously call for the extermination of all religion simply because they don't like it.

show me one

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] The sort of people who consider people with different opinions and beliefs to be the dirt beneath their shoes. Classy stuff, really.WiiCubeM1

One of the problems level-headed people have with some atheists is their sense of superiority.

Atheists are the least trusted group in the US, Behind Gays and Muslims. We are viewed as being inferior and there is statistical and vast other sources that show this to be the case. Again, Why should i care if people feel condescended when you take them to task on beliefs they are taught are infallible?

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mattisgod01

Atheists have no faith in anything and are mostly smart ass losers who will kill themselves after crying in a youtube video.

noscope-ak47

I can't tell if you are serious...

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wis3boi

[QUOTE="noscope-ak47"]

mattisgod01

I can't tell if you are serious...

I wouldn't feed the resident troll

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

MakeMeaSammitch

This thread was boring.

I decided to start a new topic.

facts are facts.

No, I mean everything about you is just hilariously pointing towards internet troll. Your name, the COD avy, your low level and not even 100 posts, and changing the topic by bringing up bronies.

I just really do find it ironically funny, no offense. I just have a weird sense of humor.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

mattisgod01

Atheists are the least trusted group in the US, Behind Gays and Muslims. We are viewed as being inferior and there is statistical and vast other sources that show this to be the case. Again, Why should i care if people feel condescended when you take them to task on beliefs they are taught are infallible?

You shouldn't, just like how I was raised not to feel superior to other beliefs.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

wis3boi

show me one

You are forgetting Atheists are the combination of Pot, Mau, Stalin and Hitler So in that case, Yes we absolutely do want to exterminate everything we don't like. By the end the world will consist of only one person, And they shall the the most cynical, Sociopathic, Nihilistic, And possibly Solipsistic person who ever lived. But they will also be an Atheist, So therefor atheism is bad.

Or so it is written.