This topic is locked from further discussion.

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
why do when kids in middle school or even freshman and they say they love each other adults always say that they are not old enough to know what love is like because they are young they cant comprehend it.  If love is as divine as we say and it truly is in everyone innately then why should you have to be a certain age to comprehend it?
Ricky_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ricky_O
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts
I think if you're in high school you're too young to know what true love is. I'm 16 and I can safely say that I've never truly been in love.
coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts
because some kids are to immature to know what love is
RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
idk, but i do know something....i love you :oops:
Avatar image for Etheral_Filcher
Etheral_Filcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Etheral_Filcher
Member since 2005 • 4457 Posts
why do when kids in middle school or even freshman and they say they love each other adults always say that they are not old enough to know what love is like because they are young they cant comprehend it.  If love is as divine as we say and it truly is in everyone innately then why should you have to be a certain age to comprehend it? inyourface_12
You could be any age to feel love, but usually it takes and older more mature person to comprehend it.
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
have your parents said that to you recently?
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
love can happen at any age...if children can't love...then they don't love thier parents...i know it's a different kinda love but still....if children wanna be in love, let them!!!!
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
yeah, I agree with you. It's like saying "You're only 4, you don't know how to play the piano, little Beethoven. Now go play with sticks like a good little boy."
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts
i know what love is, ive been with my gf for almost 6 monthes now, and im 14, and she even moved and the long distance thing is working and your ganna tell me what love is?
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
High School relationships are crap, and only a small handful of them will actually stay together until they grow old. The rest meet the inevitability of separation...something I quite enjoy seeing.

iforgotokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 iforgotokie
Member since 2005 • 5226 Posts
It can be hard to tell the differnce between puppy love (which feels like something more serious when you're young and don't have much experience) and true feelings.
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
High School relationships are crap, and only a small handful of them will actually stay together until they grow old. The rest meet the inevitability of separation...something I quite enjoy seeing.
 dragonlife29
well ive been dating my gf(now fiancee(is that spelled right?)) since 9th grade so...i guess we're a success story!!! YYYYYEEEEAAA!!!!
Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts
Yeah its child love the most pure of all, what they not comprehend is the compromise that they have with their kids, parents, wife when they grew up.
Avatar image for iloveyoufudgems
iloveyoufudgems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iloveyoufudgems
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
because almost all adults steryotype children...
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inyourface_12

have your parents said that to you recently?andyxm

actually no i doubt ive ever experienced love as ive only had one gf lol.  i was just wonderin what people thought.  ive been trying to make some good topics recently.  sadly this one sounded better than execution.

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 inyourface_12

idk, but i do know something....i love you :oops:RPG-er

i love you too:shock:

Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonlife29"]High School relationships are crap, and only a small handful of them will actually stay together until they grow old. The rest meet the inevitability of separation...something I quite enjoy seeing.
 steppinrazor88
well ive been dating my gf(now fiancee(is that spelled right?)) since 9th grade so...i guess we're a success story!!! YYYYYEEEEAAA!!!!

I wish you luck for the many years that you will be with your wife and childs i hope you put a lot value of integrity, true friendship, tolerance...when you educate them.
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts

[QUOTE="andyxm"]have your parents said that to you recently?inyourface_12

actually no i doubt ive ever experienced love as ive only had one gf lol.  i was just wonderin what people thought.  ive been trying to make some good topics recently.  sadly this one sounded better than execution.

well i hear ya, personally i think teenagers have the capability to love people in that way, its just harder for them to recognize that emotion, and diferentiate it from lust.
jerami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jerami
Member since 2003 • 1676 Posts
True comprehension comes with maturity - you will see this soon, I promise
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonlife29"]High School relationships are crap, and only a small handful of them will actually stay together until they grow old. The rest meet the inevitability of separation...something I quite enjoy seeing.
steppinrazor88

Nice going on that one--the road's just beginning, it seems. Trouble's abound, and it will get harder from here. Hope it goes well.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts
why do when kids in middle school or even freshman and they say they love each other adults always say that they are not old enough to know what love is like because they are young they cant comprehend it. If love is as divine as we say and it truly is in everyone innately then why should you have to be a certain age to comprehend it? inyourface_12

Love is divine. Humans are not.
Wslacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wslacker
Member since 2003 • 2696 Posts
Many people (middle school/high school even college aged and after) think that love comes from what is inside of their pants, or how much is in one's wallet, or what kind of car one drives, or what kind of job one has, or how well someone dresses, or how well-endowed one is etc.etc.etc. You see, that is why many parents think the way they do, and rightly so. Yes, there are many exceptions to such thoughts, but overall, we humans (myself included) have or have had it all screwed up.
ciredude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 ciredude
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts

i know what love is, ive been with my gf for almost 6 monthes now, and im 14, and she even moved and the long distance thing is working and your ganna tell me what love is?GD-1369211121

Because 6 months is forever... :roll:

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I think if you're in high school you're too young to know what true love is. I'm 16 and I can safely say that I've never truly been in love.Ricky_O

I'm 16 and i've been in love.  There have been few worse feelings though than knowing you are falling out of love.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
dragonlife29

I agree, most are.  I didn't realize i loved my gf until 9.5 months into our relationship, when i was trying to hold back tears because i was moving the following day.
You can tell when a relationship is fake when they say they love each other after a month.  THAT pisses me off.
ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts

why do when kids in middle school or even freshman and they say they love each other adults always say that they are not old enough to know what love is like because they are young they cant comprehend it.  If love is as divine as we say and it truly is in everyone innately then why should you have to be a certain age to comprehend it? inyourface_12

There is a difference between love and lust and a large percentage of teenagers can't comprehend that thus many adults think all teenagers cannot comprehend the difference.