Why are twitch streaming communities so......toxic.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Especially the larger ones. A lot of the major streamers have giant egos. Ninja got a major stream boost and 5k donation from freak DRAKE and has gone on record to say drake was using him. Their chats are also usually cancerous and they will leech into other communities to troll each other.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I don't go on twitch much, but for any live stream on any service (gaming or otherwise) that has more than a hundred people watching, the first thing I do is hide the chat.

how anyone gets any enjoyment out of that fast-scrolling stream of drivel is a mystery to me

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

just like Youtube

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

Especially the larger ones. A lot of the major streamers have giant egos. Ninja got a major stream boost and 5k donation from freak DRAKE and has gone on record to say drake was using him. Their chats are also usually cancerous and they will leech into other communities to troll each other.

The correct question here would be why do you care? Twitch is not geared towards your age group anyways unless you fall into the 13-17-year-old dumbo category.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

The correct question here would be why do you care? Twitch is not geared towards your age group anyways unless you fall into the 13-17-year-old dumbo category.

I disagree. If you like competitive gaming its a great place to watch pros, learn strats, see the current meta in massivily multiplayer games, and to interact one on one with pro gamers. Dota 2 streams were how I really got good at playing dota competitively. I would recommend finding streamers that arent complete tools and know the game if you are into any specific competitive multiplayer game.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

StoneMountain64 has fantastic steams. I don't watch anyone else to comment further though.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Eh, it's the internet. I often like to say that the Internet is the real-life Warp from Warhammer 40,000: chaotic mess of human thoughts and emotions that allow people to go to places at speeds that normally physically impossible. Hell, we even already have plenty of excess, scheming and rage; if we could find a little decay, I bet we could birth ourselves a nice little set of Chaos Gods.

It's also base human nature. Humans like to get away with things, as long as they face no consequences for it. The internet let people get away with a lot.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Twitch is awesome, just don't look or watch the top streamers or people with a massive audience.

https://lonelystreams.com/

^^^ A great website.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Twitch are full of 12 year olds, that's why it's so toxic.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I pretty much only watch one person on Twitch. A guy called death_unites_us that does some interessting FF7 challenges. The community there isn't toxic at all. But he is a rather small streamer, so it might be an issue for big streamers only.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

all true. hell look what gamespot has become. it pandering so so hard now. for the clicks.

i keep thinking this site is fortnite @ gamespot

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#12 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I've never really understood why people watch other people playing video games. I get some streamers might have entertaining personalities, but there are far better ways to entertain yourself... like playing the games.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

I've never really understood why people watch other people playing video games. I get some streamers might have entertaining personalities, but there are far better ways to entertain yourself... like playing the games.

Its to get good at the games themselves and find new strategies, eg; multiplayer games, where you just cant improve, you watch a professional player and learn new things that you would never have known.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I usually only watch Maximilian streams with any regularity. He has a pretty large viewership following but I really don’t see any toxicity or drama in them. I find him to be very cool and down to earth. Always very engaged with his viewers, fun to watch, and quite informative especially if you’re into fighting games.

nestlequick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nestlequick
Member since 2018 • 21 Posts

Lots of people who are anonymous is the problem. That and agreived male entitlement

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

is watching other people play games fun? is donating them worthwhile? sorry just dont get the stream culture

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
@madrocketeer said:

Eh, it's the internet.

/thread

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@sakaixx said:

is watching other people play games fun? is donating them worthwhile? sorry just dont get the stream culture

it is actually.

often times watching a person play a video game is more interesting then some of the best TV shows.

I dont know how much of it has to do with age and watching to lay down more often so there is that too

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#19 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Most online communities are toxic.

Avatar image for reaperinthyname
reaperinthyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 reaperinthyname
Member since 2018 • 273 Posts

I think youtube is worse. Harassment harassment harassment out the asses.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frogo0
Member since 2016 • 91 Posts

What does that mean?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Watched EVO and they were just spamming shit to oblivion to the point it canceled chat out (which I guess was the point), seemed like a bunch of man-children desperate for attention. Thankfully Capcom Fighters had a higher quality stream without any of that shit.

But yea, never use it unless absolutely forced.

Steelworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Steelworm
Member since 2018 • 31 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

I don't go on twitch much, but for any live stream on any service (gaming or otherwise) that has more than a hundred people watching, the first thing I do is hide the chat.

Yeah, good advice for all of us. Especially if you getting tired of toxic ppl.

Why are twitch streaming communities so......toxic.

That depends on two things: how popular streamer and what kind of game he or she is streaming. When it comes to Dota 2 or CS:GO... welp, I guess you know what to expect from chat.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It's pretty much everywhere on the internet. It's a people problem. I don't know what to do about it. Smaller communities tend to be better.