who here still thinks its okay for the iraq war to have happend

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendo_vip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendo_vip
Member since 2005 • 800 Posts
who here still agress with the war on iraq after finding out that its been an illegal war and over 100,000 civilians have been murdered by the hands of americans and terrorists (yes americangenerals who decide its orite to bomb innococent civilian areas because some terrorist are hiding there and im not saying terrorist are any better) ?
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
if i had a chance i would marry Bush and move to Iraq and adopt children. We will live as a happy homosexual couple
panda_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 panda_power
Member since 2005 • 2597 Posts
I am neutral, but a tyrant has been removed so that counts for something.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I thought it was stupid when we took our case to the UN in 2003, and I still think its a mistake. Al Qieda is stronger than ever, thats our real enemy. Instead of pursuing them where they actually were, we went to Iraq (claiming WMD, then Al Qieda) and continue to piss away billions of dollars when Americans are struggling to keep schools and public services open. Al qieda was never in Iraq as a terrorist force until we stormed the country.
bushidotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bushidotu
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
i support the war 100% and did u kno that the world can not go for10 years without getting into a war
joezer3003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 joezer3003
Member since 2005 • 6056 Posts
I'm always up for some good old fashioned genocide.
joezer3003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 joezer3003
Member since 2005 • 6056 Posts

i support the war 100% and did u kno that the world can not go for10 years without getting into a warbushidotu

Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I doubt the US army is murdering thousands of civilians. There have been a few instances of stressed out troops firing on civlians but that's a rarity. And put yourself in their shoes - seeing your friends and comrades blown up by roadside bombs, not knowing who the enemy is and who the innocent bystander is, it's enough to make anyone crack. It may be easy to sit and judge them from your coach, safe at home, but I give themthe benefit of the doubt.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

At this point every reason for going to war has been proven false and admittted by Bush himself.

WMDs...no

Al Queda and Saddam working together...no

Link to Iraq and 9/11...no

This basically means they lied to us, and it has cost us the lives of 3,000 troops and hundreds of thousands of civilians. The entire Bush administration should be gone.

Bush warned about Al Queda, went into Afganastan and actually got stuff done.Then lied about Iiraq, went into there, lied and said stuff was being done. Now theres no end in site, and ALQueda is getting stronger.

Iraq War=Useless.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts

At this point every reason for going to war has been proven false and admittted by Bush himself.

WMDs...no

Al Queda and Saddam working together...no

Link to Iraq and 9/11...no

This basically means they lied to us, and it has cost us the lives of 3,000 troops and hundreds of thousands of civilians. The entire Bush administration should be gone.

Bush warned about Al Queda, went into Afganastan and actually got stuff done.Then lied about Iiraq, went into there, lied and said stuff was being done. Now theres no end in site, and ALQueda is getting stronger.

Iraq War=Useless.

SaintLeonidas
Agreed. I'm pissed that we let Al Qieda walk all over Afghanistan/Pakistan. I'm not saying our troops are doing a bad job in Afghanistan, but Iraq is a huge distraction/diversion from confronting the enemies who can actually attack us.
ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts

who here still agress with the war on iraq after finding out that its been an illegal war and over 100,000 civilians have been murdered by the hands of americans and terrorists (yes americangenerals who decide its orite to bomb innococent civilian areas because some terrorist are hiding there and im not saying terrorist are any better) ?nintendo_vip

Well, that's not skewed at all!:|

flavort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#12 flavort
Member since 2003 • 3794 Posts

who here still agress with the war on iraq after finding out that its been an illegal war and over 100,000 civilians have been murdered by the hands of americans and terrorists (yes americangenerals who decide its orite to bomb innococent civilian areas because some terrorist are hiding there and im not saying terrorist are any better) ?nintendo_vip

Everybody thinks they know so much about whats going on in Iraq. It took about three weeks to take Saddam out of power. There have beenfewer casualties to our troops than other wars. Is there a war where civilians have not died? Have you asked the generals and troops if they believe what they are doing is the right thing to do? Have you heard from them about the progress we are making there? It is very hard to fight invaders that dress as civilians. They are beheading people, cooking children, and blowing themselves up just to murder children, woman, and men trying to create a good life for themselves. The people we are fighting, if you call them people know how to playour idiotic polititians andmedia that give you this idea of whats going on. You know very little about whats going on, in my opinion.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=17299

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/18/ap3927831.html

http://www.nysun.com/article/58586

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?sf=2813&art_id=nw20070702084407705C580892&click_id=2813&set_id=1

The democrat congress approval rating is at a all time low. Lower than president Bush. They are the ones that want to give up and lose.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SaintLeonidas

If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.Def_Jef88

plz explain, why should we stay?Why did we go in?Whats the advantage or what will we gain from this?

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.SaintLeonidas

plz explain, why should we stay?Why did we go in?Whats the advantage or what will we gain from this?

Lst I checked, we went because we thought that Iraq had WMDs and posed a major threat. The reason we ended up staying though, was get rid of Hussein and establish democracy. Wether or not we should have gone in the first place is debatable, but no that we are here we cant just quit. Iraq would be back to its old ways in less than a few years, and the terrorist would start bringing the attacks home again. (yo know, like they did with Clinton because he would never do anything about it.)
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.Def_Jef88

Lst I checked, we went because we thought that Iraq had WMDs and posed a major threat. The reason we ended up staying though, was get rid of Hussein and establish democracy. Wether or not we should have gone in the first place is debatable, but no that we are here we cant just quit. Iraq would be back to its old ways in less than a few years, and the terrorist would start bringing the attacks home again. (yo know, like they did with Clinton because he would never do anything about it.)

I must remind you that it was AL Queda that did 9/11. It is Al queda, not iraqi insurgents that are the people who have done the bombings around the world. And the government itself has said recently that al queda is stronger. that means staying in iraq, changed nothing, the terrorist are stronger. Now that al queda is stronger the attacks will "come home" again, and that means theiraqi war or as Bush says "war on terror" has really done nothing to stop or halt the real terrorists. Also, many iraqis say that it was better with saddam around. The guy wholed the riot and tipped over the saddam statue, now years later says he regrets doing so, and wishes that saddam was in power. as evil as saddam was, he atleast keep things together. now, with him gone, there is no order, a civil war is breaking out, and soldiers and civiliansare dieing for nothing.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.SaintLeonidas

Do you happen to remember what Iraq was like before we went in? Saddam (and his whole family) was bombing his own country with chemical weapons, torturing and killing thousands. Saddam controlled his country with terror. We should stay because if we leave now their government is just going to collapse on itself and perhaps birth a country in worse shape than it was before.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.MTBare

Do you happen to remember what Iraq was like before we went in? Saddam (and his whole family) was bombing his own country with chemical weapons, torturing and killing thousands. Saddam controlled his country with terror. We should stay because if we leave now their government is just going to collapse on itself and perhaps birth a country in worse shape than it was before.

It's not our job to police the world and their affairs are not our responsibility, our foreign policy should be one of non-intervention. A large factor for hate of Americans in the Middle East is our involvement in their affairs over the past decades. Plus, the Iraq Prime Minister said recently that US troops are free to leave at any time so what are we still doing there?

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts

It's not our job to police the world and their affairs are not our responsibility, our foreign policy should be one of non-intervention. A large factor for hate of Americans in the Middle East is our involvement in their affairs over the past decades. Plus, the Iraq Prime Minister said recently that US troops are free to leave at any time so what are we still doing there?

Headbanger88

Many americans think (or used to think) it was our job to do that seeing as we're a superpower, and that wasn't the ONLY reason we went in. I'm pretty neutral on it, but I do know lots of people were wanting us to go intervene in Iraq before the war, then the possibility that they had WMD and they might use them kinda pushed us over the fence.

KrayzieJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KrayzieJ
Member since 2003 • 3283 Posts
Well to say that this war was to depose Saddam and rebuild Iraq as a "democracy" (I.E client state) was a total and utter lie. Anyone who still believes that is why this war is being fought does not know world history. This war is a complete and utter affront to the dignity of humanity and a horrible sin, and I call it a sin and I'm not even religious.
ninjacat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 ninjacat11
Member since 2004 • 5008 Posts

i support the war 100% and did u kno that the world can not go for10 years without getting into a warbushidotu

Pax Romana. Take it or leave it.

drgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 drgrady
Member since 2005 • 513 Posts

Well to say that this war was to depose Saddam and rebuild Iraq as a "democracy" (I.E client state) was a total and utter lie. Anyone who still believes that is why this war is being fought does not know world history.This war is a complete and utter affront to the dignity of humanity and a horrible sin, and I call it a sin and I'm not even religious.KrayzieJ

You really stress your comment about knowing world history, and yet you do not offer any examples. Please expound upon your statement.

I would also like to call attention to a statement made by Senator John D.Rockefeller IVfromWest Virginia. I believe he made the statementinOctober of 2002.While I am not naive enough to believe that this is the only reason for entering the war, I do think it is a very clear statement regarding one of the reasons for going to war - Sadam's nuclear weapons program (not actual weapons, but the development of those weapons).

His statement is as follows:

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years. And that may happen sooner if he can obtain access to enriched uranium from foreign sources - something that is not that difficult in the current world. We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.

When Saddam Hussein obtains nuclear capabilities, the constraints he feels will diminish dramatically, and the risk to America's homeland, as well as to America's allies, will increase even more dramatically. Our existing policies to contain or counter Saddam will become irrelevant.

Americans will return to a situation like that we faced in the Cold War, waking each morning knowing we are at risk from nuclear blackmail by a dictatorship that has declared itself to be our enemy. Only, back then, our communist foes were a rational and predictable bureaucracy; this time, our nuclear foe would be an unpredictable and often irrational individual, a dictator who has demonstrated that he is prepared to violate international law and initiate unprovoked attacks when he feels it serves his purposes to do so.

The global community - in the form of the United Nations - has declared repeatedly, through multiple resolutions, that the frightening prospect of a nuclear-armed Saddam cannot come to pass. But the U.N. has been unable to enforce those resolutions. We must eliminate that threat now, before it is too late.

But this isn't just a future threat. Saddam's existing biological and chemical weapons capabilities pose a very real threat to America, now. Saddam has used chemical weapons before, both against Iraq's enemies and against his own people. He is working to develop delivery systems like missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles that could bring these deadly weapons against U.S. forces and U.S. facilities in the Middle East.

And he could make those weapons available to many terrorist groups which have contact with his government, and those groups could bring those weapons into the U.S. and unleash a devastating attack against our citizens. I fear that greatly.

We cannot know for certain that Saddam will use the weapons of mass destruction he currently possesses, or that he will use them against us. But we do know Saddam has the capability. Rebuilding that capability has been a higher priority for Saddam than the welfare of his own people - and he has ill-will toward America.

I am forced to conclude, on all the evidence, that Saddam poses a significant risk."

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="KrayzieJ"]Well to say that this war was to depose Saddam and rebuild Iraq as a "democracy" (I.E client state) was a total and utter lie. Anyone who still believes that is why this war is being fought does not know world history.This war is a complete and utter affront to the dignity of humanity and a horrible sin, and I call it a sin and I'm not even religious.drgrady

You really stress your comment about knowing world history, and yet you do not offer any examples. Please expound upon your statement.

I would also like to call attention to a statement made by Senator John D.Rockefeller IVfromWest Virginia. I believe he made the statementinOctober of 2002.While I am not naive enough to believe that this is the only reason for entering the war, I do think it is a very clear statement regarding one of the reasons for going to war - Sadam's nuclear weapons program (not actual weapons, but the development of those weapons).

His statement is as follows:

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years. And that may happen sooner if he can obtain access to enriched uranium from foreign sources - something that is not that difficult in the current world. We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.

When Saddam Hussein obtains nuclear capabilities, the constraints he feels will diminish dramatically, and the risk to America's homeland, as well as to America's allies, will increase even more dramatically. Our existing policies to contain or counter Saddam will become irrelevant.

Americans will return to a situation like that we faced in the Cold War, waking each morning knowing we are at risk from nuclear blackmail by a dictatorship that has declared itself to be our enemy. Only, back then, our communist foes were a rational and predictable bureaucracy; this time, our nuclear foe would be an unpredictable and often irrational individual, a dictator who has demonstrated that he is prepared to violate international law and initiate unprovoked attacks when he feels it serves his purposes to do so.

The global community - in the form of the United Nations - has declared repeatedly, through multiple resolutions, that the frightening prospect of a nuclear-armed Saddam cannot come to pass. But the U.N. has been unable to enforce those resolutions. We must eliminate that threat now, before it is too late.

But this isn't just a future threat. Saddam's existing biological and chemical weapons capabilities pose a very real threat to America, now. Saddam has used chemical weapons before, both against Iraq's enemies and against his own people. He is working to develop delivery systems like missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles that could bring these deadly weapons against U.S. forces and U.S. facilities in the Middle East.

And he could make those weapons available to many terrorist groups which have contact with his government, and those groups could bring those weapons into the U.S. and unleash a devastating attack against our citizens. I fear that greatly.

We cannot know for certain that Saddam will use the weapons of mass destruction he currently possesses, or that he will use them against us. But we do know Saddam has the capability. Rebuilding that capability has been a higher priority for Saddam than the welfare of his own people - and he has ill-will toward America.

I am forced to conclude, on all the evidence, that Saddam poses a significant risk."

it doesnt matter, all that has been proven false, and the Bush administration wont man up and truelly confess that they were wrong, and just get out of this mess. They just keep adding excuses for us to be there to make it seem like it was never a mistake.
drgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 drgrady

Look at what we stand to lose by pulling out. Iraq is not yet stable enough for a peaceful group to take control if we pull out. That means whatever terrorist organization that can gain the most power would take over, and we are naturally their number one enemy because of the war that we are currently fighting. Not only is our own safety at risk if we pull out, but all those Iraqis who oppose whatever group takes power will be at risk of being killed off. Then there is the religious feud that is still going on in Iraq, so while a terrorist group taking power does not directly translate into mass slaughter on the basis of religion, it is still a possibility.

Now what do we stand to gain from staying? More debt... and the possibility of a peaceful Iraqi government if we stop making plans to withdraw because those plans simply give any opposition specific dates for outlasting us. Just imagine if you were fighting against the US forces in Iraq, and the US government publicly announced that it would withdraw if certain criteria were not met by a certain day. WOW! They just gave you specific instructions on how to win the war. Now that doesn't make much sense...

drgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 drgrady

it doesnt matter, all that has been proven false, and the Bush administration wont man up and truelly confess that they were wrong, and just get out of this mess. They just keep adding excuses for us to be there to make it seem like it was never a mistake.SaintLeonidas

Actually, it does matter because despite the fact that WMDs were not found, the weapons programs were still intact, Sadam still had connections to various terrorist organizations (even if he was not linked to 9/11), and Sadam had a history of using WMDs when he had them. And it has not "been proven false". The only portion of that statement that could arguable be said to be proven false was Sadam's possession of chemical and biological weapons, but the statement never actually said that he had those weapons ready. It only states that he had the capability to obtain such weapons, and that is a true statement considering he had already obtained them in the past.

Mistakes were made, but there is a lot more to it than what you are seeing.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]
it doesnt matter, all that has been proven false, and the Bush administration wont man up and truelly confess that they were wrong, and just get out of this mess. They just keep adding excuses for us to be there to make it seem like it was never a mistake.drgrady

Actually, it does matter because despite the fact that WMDs were not found, the weapons programs were still intact, Sadam still had connections to various terrorist organizations (even if he was not linked to 9/11), and Sadam had a history of using WMDs when he had them. And it has not "been proven false". The only portion of that statement that could arguable be said to be proven false was Sadam's possession of chemical and biological weapons, but the statement never actually said that he had those weapons ready. It only states that he had the capability to obtain such weapons, and that is a true statement considering he had already obtained them in the past.

Mistakes were made, but there is a lot more to it than what you are seeing.

Bush, RUmsfield came before the US public and said that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction . Rumsfeld said "we know exactly were they are". The years later he denies these claims,yet we have the video to prove it.

watch this video,it angers me that hes still in office http://youtube.com/watch?v=OgfzqulvhlQ

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
Certainly.
ok_go_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ok_go_
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts

Too many long winded answers for me to read at this time of the night/morning. But i think, although the reasons we were given have now been proven to be wrong, we are in there for a good reason. I think ridding the world of such an evil person is at least something positive out of the whole thing. Ok i am not pretending to know everything about the matter or anything but we aren't fighting for nothing out there. And we have killed/located plenty of important terrorists/suspects.

And yes, i do not like the fact that many of our own are fighting and dying out there, but they join the military for one reason and for one reason only and that is to fight for their country. What i am saying is, sure its bad that our own are getting killed and injured, but they knew the dangers when they signed up. Thats what the military is for.

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#29 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
I actually stopped caring about this issue or debating it and I don't know why anyone else does. Bush is in office for one more year, even if aything passes, he'll veto and the votes against him aren't there. And unless any of you run a large corporation to line some pockets to get things done, that won't change and you're just wasting your time. Until January 2009.
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.drgrady

Look at what we stand to lose by pulling out. Iraq is not yet stable enough for a peaceful group to take control if we pull out. That means whatever terrorist organization that can gain the most power would take over, and we are naturally their number one enemy because of the war that we are currently fighting. Not only is our own safety at risk if we pull out, but all those Iraqis who oppose whatever group takes power will be at risk of being killed off. Then there is the religious feud that is still going on in Iraq, so while a terrorist group taking power does not directly translate into mass slaughter on the basis of religion, it is still a possibility.

Now what do we stand to gain from staying? More debt... and the possibility of a peaceful Iraqi government if we stop making plans to withdraw because those plans simply give any opposition specific dates for outlasting us. Just imagine if you were fighting against the US forces in Iraq, and the US government publicly announced that it would withdraw if certain criteria were not met by a certain day. WOW! They just gave you specific instructions on how to win the war. Now that doesn't make much sense...

This is from Saturday http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/07/14/iraq.military.ap/index.html. Al-Maliki says "We say in full confidence that we are able, God willing, to take the responsibility completely in running the security file if the international forces withdraw at anytime they want,"

So, do we listen to their prime minister? I mean, Iraq is it's own nation, it would be nice to honor their request. You know, Iraq has been training a police force and army for a few years now, their not completely helpless. You act like if we pull out Iraq will all of a sudden turn into Hell on Earth.

emerald-scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 emerald-scat
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
i hate the arguement that a tyrant has been removed. there is more violence now than there was when hussein was in power. the war has accomplished nothing positive.
Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
I support it, and you know what people like you have no idea, absolutely no idea you hear things on the media and believe it all. First, We dont bomb areas we use precision strike munitions and that virtually eliminates collateral damage, We do not bomb civilian populated areas. The insurgents are responsible for 99% of the civilian casualties, they place bombs in markets, in cars, under the roads and blow them up killing US troops and civilians. We do not murder civilians, we never go after civilians otherwise we would be no better than the people we are fighting, occasionally accidents happen and they are very few and far between, for instance the Marines in Haditha that were charged with the killing of 24 civilians, it happened much like this: clearing a room consists of throwing in a frag grenade let it blow up and start shooting, There was false information that that was a terrorist hideout, it would have been different had we known we had cleared a civilian house. The combination of the shrapnel from the grenade and the blinding smoke, it would be extremely difficult to see anything or tell the difference between civilian and terrorists. It is murder by the terrorists, but we dont kill civilians intentionally.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="drgrady"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]If you expected there to be no colateral damage in a war such as this, you were sorely mistaken. Yes i do support the war, and Im angered that the silly libs are gonna make us pull out now. All those deaths will have been for nothing.Headbanger88

This is from Saturday http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/07/14/iraq.military.ap/index.html. Al-Maliki says "We say in full confidence that we are able, God willing, to take the responsibility completely in running the security file if the international forces withdraw at anytime they want,"

So, do we listen to their prime minister? I mean, Iraq is it's own nation, it would be nice to honor their request. You know, Iraq has been training a police force and army for a few years now, their not completely helpless. You act like if we pull out Iraq will all of a sudden turn into Hell on Earth.

i say if he says he can ,listen.Lets get out now. And maybe focus on Al Queda for a change,you know the people who attacked on 9/11.

KurialGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 KurialGod
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts
I don't care.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
I feel much safer because of it. Before the war I lived my life in fear, I couldn't even go to sleep without checking my closet for terrorists. We're all still in danger though, I think we need to take care of the entire Middle East before I can truly go on living a terror-free life.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I never supported it, but not for the reasons you stated. When soldiers take innocent lives, it's almost always impossible to justify or condemn the actions. Cut them some slack.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
not me. whoever does think that is really really unintelligent
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="Headbanger88"][QUOTE="drgrady"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

This is from Saturday Al-Maliki says "We say in full confidence that we are able, God willing, to take the responsibility completely in running the security file if the international forces withdraw at anytime they want,"

i say if he says he can ,listen.Lets get out now. And maybe focus on Al Queda for a change,you know the people who attacked on 9/11.

Al Quaeda is in Iraq, they have a large organization in Iraq and thats who we are fighting, regardless if we caused it there we are fighting them and, they are being controlled by foriegn bodies. If you really want to go after Al Quaeda and Osama Bin Laden, then your asking us to invade Pakistan.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SaintLeonidas

I feel much safer because of it. Before the war I lived my life in fear, I couldn't even go to sleep without checking my closet for terrorists. We're all still in danger though, I think we need to take care of the entire Middle East before I can truly go on living a terror-free life.UssjTrunks

i hope your joking. Srry to tell you but the war in Iraq has done nothing to AL Queda. The government has stated that Al Queda is stronger now then its been since 9/11. So if you thought that being in Iraq kept you safe at home...nope. If anything, this war in Iraq has made it worst for us. If we had stuck with just Al Queda than thered be no real threat right now.

UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 UrbanSpartan125

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]I feel much safer because of it. Before the war I lived my life in fear, I couldn't even go to sleep without checking my closet for terrorists. We're all still in danger though, I think we need to take care of the entire Middle East before I can truly go on living a terror-free life.SaintLeonidas

i hope your joking. Srry to tell you but the war in Iraq has done nothing to AL Queda. The government has stated that Al Queda is stronger now then its been since 9/11. So if you thought that being in Iraq kept you safe at home...nope. If anything, this war in Iraq has made it worst for us. If we had stuck with just Al Queda than thered be no real threat right now.

They never said it was stronger, read up. They said their leadership has been greatfully diminished, and they never said they were more powerful, they said they gained strength in certain areas, since 9/11 not before it, and in other areas their capabilities are very weak. the report also said that since 9/11 we have stopped over 20 major terror plots in the US. So yes we have made progress.
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
I never supported starting this illegal war, and after many blunders and lies, I am even angrier. I despise how Bush has our troops policing a sectarian war that we should have no part of. He is a **** moron who is trying to shift focus on the failure in Iraq and a September deadline to report progress, (which he is trying to avoid by reviving "peace in the Middle East") which should be amusing to watch him fail at that, too. I was also annoyed by his recent comment about people who are unable to get insured with health care and his ignorance about that.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UrbanSpartan125
I never supported starting this illegal war, and after many blunders and lies, I am even angrier. I despise how Bush has our troops policing a sectarian war that we should have no part of. He is a **** moron who is trying to shift focus on the failure in Iraq and a September deadline to report progress, (which he is trying to avoid by reviving "peace in the Middle East") which should be amusing to watch him fail at that, too. I was also annoyed by his recent comment about people who are unable to get insured with health care and his ignorance about that.videogamer456
Take your misinformed anger else where. You are so wrong on everything you say.
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
[QUOTE="videogamer456"]I never supported starting this illegal war, and after many blunders and lies, I am even angrier. I despise how Bush has our troops policing a sectarian war that we should have no part of. He is a **** moron who is trying to shift focus on the failure in Iraq and a September deadline to report progress, (which he is trying to avoid by reviving "peace in the Middle East") which should be amusing to watch him fail at that, too. I was also annoyed by his recent comment about people who are unable to get insured with health care and his ignorance about that.UrbanSpartan125
Take your misinformedanger else where. You are so wrong on everything you say.

Tell me where I am wrong. This should be good.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="videogamer456"]I never supported starting this illegal war, and after many blunders and lies, I am even angrier. I despise how Bush has our troops policing a sectarian war that we should have no part of. He is a **** moron who is trying to shift focus on the failure in Iraq and a September deadline to report progress, (which he is trying to avoid by reviving "peace in the Middle East") which should be amusing to watch him fail at that, too. I was also annoyed by his recent comment about people who are unable to get insured with health care and his ignorance about that.videogamer456
Take your misinformedanger else where. You are so wrong on everything you say.

Tell me where I am wrong. This should be good.

Well if you look back at the last pages you will see where you were wrong, It is not a sectarian war, the Shias and Sunni's have been at it for hundreds of years, there's nothing we are going to do about it, There have been enormous achievements made in Iraq in the past 4 years, First, Saddam Hussein is no longer in power and no longer possesses chemical weapons, In December of 2005 Iraq had its first Democratic elections, and Millions of Iraqis came out to vote, showing their willingness to accept a democratic government type. The Sectarian Violence in Iraq since the surge started has decreased by over 40% and the death tolls of the civilians and our troops are significantly lower. There have been amazing military achievements in the past 4 years, the political achievements have been slower coming, but we are making progress we have to cooperate with the Iraqi government and the Iraqi government has to cooperate with us. We are making progress the Democrats though seem to ignore that, they have no care for our troops, they say the support them by cutting funding, tell me how is that support, and by pulling them out, you have no idea of the strategical and logistical failure that that would be. Iraq would be even more of a breeding ground for terrorists and our troops would be slaughtered as others leave, once we have less forces that means the other US troops that remain will be in extreme danger. It will follow by the fall of the Iraqi government and all the troops that have died and the progress we made would have been in vein. 90% of people in the military dont support the Democrats because they try to substitute their beliefs with the knowledge of Commanders and Generals.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
its for the oil isnt it? but would you want a bunch of idiots running that oil and killing the eco? Also, majority of people on here get information from the NEWS.. not a reliable source.. you only get one dramatic over rated side of the story..
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UrbanSpartan125
its for the oil isnt it? but would you want a bunch of idiots running that oil and killing the eco?darkfox101
Enough with the oil, crap we havent taken any of Iraq's oil all of it goes directly to rebuilding Iraq's infrastructure, if it was for oil the prices would not be over $70 per barrel.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]I feel much safer because of it. Before the war I lived my life in fear, I couldn't even go to sleep without checking my closet for terrorists. We're all still in danger though, I think we need to take care of the entire Middle East before I can truly go on living a terror-free life.SaintLeonidas

I was only joking. :P

Obviously I disagree, very few American wars have been worth fighting.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts

americans have not murdered civilans. either they were accidents, or some random guy going psycho.

BTW: to pull out now would be pretty stupid

Avatar image for Watch_Me_Xplode
Watch_Me_Xplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Watch_Me_Xplode
Member since 2005 • 8049 Posts
I supported the war at its outbreak, but I don't particularly care for the way it's ended up.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts

I supported the war at its outbreak, but I don't particularly care for the way it's ended up.Watch_Me_Xplode
same here

BTW, we dont kill civilans