Who else is appalled by "Creepshots"?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NarcissistLoser
NarcissistLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NarcissistLoser
Member since 2012 • 39 Posts
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/michael-brutsch-exposed-as-the-reddits-violentacrez-the-worlds-worst-internet-troll/story-fnddckzi-1226495497037 Okay so a "creepshot" is where guys take photos of non-consenting women (although it can be males/females of males/females) however usually it is men taking photos of usually unsuspecting women but I digress. This reddit came into fire when a teacher photographed a young female student and put a photo on Creepshots. So basically the reddit got shut down when someone compiled information about various creepshot users and posted then on a tumblr http://predditors.tumblr.com/ One of the mods closed it out of fear that he would be "outed". The man responsible for the subreddit was also responsible for various other controversial ones. I would like to note that I never really go to reddit and only investigated this when I read about it. Do you feel that Creepshots are wrong. Personally I find them to be distasteful and despicable. I think they make real photographers have a harder job for one and more importantly it is a violation of human being to objectify them with the shots imo. I am glad that the reddit is gone.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Yet half the people complaining probably go home and read a magazine, look at pictures taken of celebrities and business figures without their consent, and gossip over news articles filled with more images, often a lot more inciminating that just a casual photograph. Seriously, when I walk down the street I take millions of ultra high rez moving shots of people. They're called eyes. Seriously, unless they're hiding cameras in the stalls I couldn't give a fvck.
NarcissistLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NarcissistLoser
[QUOTE="Overlord93"]Yet half the people complaining probably go home and read a magazine, look at pictures taken of celebrities and business figures without their consent, and gossip over news articles filled with more images, often a lot more inciminating that just a casual photograph. Seriously, when I walk down the street I take millions of ultra high rez moving shots of people. They're called eyes. Seriously, unless they're hiding cameras in the stalls I couldn't give a fvck.

Um most people do not read celebrity gossip. There is a difference between using your eyes and actually taking a photo which lasts and sharing with the world
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Overlord93
[QUOTE="NarcissistLoser"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]Yet half the people complaining probably go home and read a magazine, look at pictures taken of celebrities and business figures without their consent, and gossip over news articles filled with more images, often a lot more inciminating that just a casual photograph. Seriously, when I walk down the street I take millions of ultra high rez moving shots of people. They're called eyes. Seriously, unless they're hiding cameras in the stalls I couldn't give a fvck.

Um most people do not read celebrity gossip. There is a difference between using your eyes and actually taking a photo which lasts and sharing with the world

What about when we inevitably get eye cameras? What then?
NarcissistLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NarcissistLoser
[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="NarcissistLoser"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]Yet half the people complaining probably go home and read a magazine, look at pictures taken of celebrities and business figures without their consent, and gossip over news articles filled with more images, often a lot more inciminating that just a casual photograph. Seriously, when I walk down the street I take millions of ultra high rez moving shots of people. They're called eyes. Seriously, unless they're hiding cameras in the stalls I couldn't give a fvck.

So you think women should be objectified further?
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts
[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="NarcissistLoser"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]Yet half the people complaining probably go home and read a magazine, look at pictures taken of celebrities and business figures without their consent, and gossip over news articles filled with more images, often a lot more inciminating that just a casual photograph. Seriously, when I walk down the street I take millions of ultra high rez moving shots of people. They're called eyes. Seriously, unless they're hiding cameras in the stalls I couldn't give a fvck.

...Wtf are you going on about?
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Overlord93
[QUOTE="NarcissistLoser"][QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="NarcissistLoser"] Um most people do not read celebrity gossip. There is a difference between using your eyes and actually taking a photo which lasts and sharing with the world

So you think women should be objectified further?

Don't hate the player.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I don''t care. *shrugs*

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

Regardless of specifics, fact is, it is wrong to take photos of anyone without their consent. Glad they caught him.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Regardless of specifics, fact is, it is wrong to take photos of anyone without their consent. Glad they caught him.

undergroundLPx

That's a rather broad statement. What if it's a crowd shot?

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

Oleg_Huzwog

Still wrong.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

undergroundLPx

Still wrong.

Explicit consent? Or can we assume the simple act of being out in public carries with it a degree of implicit consent?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I think it's hilarious that reddit moderators are getting pissed at Gawker for exposing this guy. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

undergroundLPx

Still wrong.

Because Im sure youve never taken a photo with a group of friends and ended up getting a stranger in the background...
ujjval16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ujjval16
Member since 2008 • 1669 Posts

I don't really care. If someone took a picture of me in my house or something that would be a different story, but if it's in public, then I don't really care.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Answer this. How is it ok to take picture of someone that's funny, (like people of wallmart)but it's appaling to take a picture of someone that's attractive?

I'm not saying either is right, but it's hypocritcal to be outraged about one, and passive about the other.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
Taking unsuspecting pics of people and posting them without the person's permission is a foul. You not only cause potential defamation of someone's character, you are doing it in hopes of making a name for yourself. That is one of the lowest things anyone can do for self gain.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

I'm against it as it's widely know photos steal your soul. It's wrong to take someone soul unless you have a contract, even the devil won't take a soul without one.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Meh, the world is a creepy messed up place, whats new.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Wait...I'm confused about what "creepshots" are, exactly. So these aren't like, hidden upskirt shots or anything like that, they're simply plain old candid photographs of girls in public?
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
Taking unsuspecting pics of people and posting them without the person's permission is a foul. bnarmz
This.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Wait...I'm confused about what "creepshots" are, exactly. So these aren't like, hidden upskirt shots or anything like that, they're simply plain old candid photographs of girls in public?MrGeezer
Sometimes they're upskirts
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="JML897"] Sometimes they're upskirts

Well that's obviously wrong and illegal. But if we're just talking about something like taking a picture of a girl walking down the street, I don't particularly see the big deal.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

I am glad that the reddit is gone.NarcissistLoser

lol Too bad there are a bunch more subreddits that offer the same sort of material or stuff much worse.

This one just happened to get negative publicity, which forced reddit's moderators into doing some damage control. Meanwhile worse subreddits are left open.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Most of reddit is appalling.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts
Wait...I'm confused about what "creepshots" are, exactly. So these aren't like, hidden upskirt shots or anything like that, they're simply plain old candid photographs of girls in public?MrGeezer
If a girl has a nice body or something in the line ahead of you, and you stealthily take a pic with your iphone, it's a creepshot.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
i dont see anything real wrong with it...they are in public.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

Answer this. How is it ok to take picture of someone that's funny, (like people of wallmart)but it's appaling to take a picture of someone that's attractive?

I'm not saying either is right, but it's hypocritcal to be outraged about one, and passive about the other.

Blue-Sky
This, weather it's not right or wrong is debatable but it's most certainly hypocritical. An extreme example is looking at an attractive girl but because she didn't give you consent you get in trouble for it. I don't like creep shots but it's too broad to really do anything about and it would be political correctness gone mad.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Ahaha what a loser.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#30 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Creepy stuff.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
It's gross. I have a problem with it.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
It's gross. I have a problem with it. t3hrubikscube
why? they are in public. if someone was taking pics of me (be it a girl or a gay guy), i would be flattered
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]It's gross. I have a problem with it. mingmao3046
why? they are in public. if someone was taking pics of me (be it a girl or a gay guy), i would be flattered

Not everyone is like you.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

undergroundLPx

Still wrong.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Not everyone is like you.ghoklebutter

This is a really hard concept for some people to grasp.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] why? they are in public. if someone was taking pics of me (be it a girl or a gay guy), i would be flattered

Regardless, you can't go out in public and expect that photographing you is off-limits. If you catch someone photographing you without your permission, then you can certainly ask them to stop, but they're free to just keep on shooting. Having said that, this guy's main gripe seems to be that people discovered his online identity. His problem seems to be that now that people know about his "creepshots" (among other stuff he's posted online), that he's worried about losing his job. And to that I say, tough luck. He should have thought about that before taking those "creepshots" and then posting them online. People can photograph whatever they want, but they're responsible for it. If the images he's making and displaying are deliberately intended to piss people off, if he's too scared of the consequences to attach his name to his photographs and his online content, then it's a bit too late to start crying about losing his job.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
First time ever hearing about "creepshots," but I think taking sexually explicit photos of someone without his/her consent is wrong.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrGeezer
First time ever hearing about "creepshots," but I think taking sexually explicit photos of someone without his/her consent is wrong.WSGRandomPerson
I doubt they're that sexually explicit if they were taken in public.
thenarutolover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thenarutolover
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts
I support Creepshots... and if you want a politician who will not take away your Freedom, your Liberty to take them... Vote Romney. Thats all.
silly_pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 silly_pants
Member since 2012 • 233 Posts
I support Creepshots... and if you want a politician who will not take away your Freedom, your Liberty to take them... Vote Romney. Thats all.thenarutolover
Yeah, no. You and the GOP can go **** themselves for mistreating women.
silly_pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silly_pants
Member since 2012 • 233 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]It's gross. I have a problem with it. ghoklebutter

*Claps*, so true.
thenarutolover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thenarutolover
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts
[QUOTE="thenarutolover"]I support Creepshots... and if you want a politician who will not take away your Freedom, your Liberty to take them... Vote Romney. Thats all.silly_pants
Yeah, no. You and the GOP can go **** themselves for mistreating women.

We do not mistreat women... Read your stats, married women are more likely to be Republican. We feed women, clothe them, provide them with kids, sex, etc. Just because we do not like killing fetuses which are 100% definitely considered children just like sperm does not make us dislike women. They can be very pretty sometimes.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Never heard of it till now.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#44 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"]First time ever hearing about "creepshots," but I think taking sexually explicit photos of someone without his/her consent is wrong.MrGeezer
I doubt they're that sexually explicit if they were taken in public.

They may not be explicit but they can still be innapropriate, like upskirt shots or pictures of the person bending over.

I remember hearing someone tell a story about how she cosplayed as Miss Marvel when she was 17 at a comic con convention. Some creep took a picture of her while she was bending over to pick something up and posted it on some weird site. If you wanna take pictures of people doing things like walking or standing thats not dirty and they are cool with it, then thats fine. But taking creepy upskirt shots or pictures of underage girls bending over is just plain weird (among other things).

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ghoklebutter

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]Not everyone is like you.Niff_T

This is a really hard concept for some people to grasp.

Only for people who lack empathy.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrGeezer

They may not be explicit but they can still be innapropriate, like upskirt shots or pictures of the person bending over.

I remember hearing someone tell a story about how she cosplayed as Miss Marvel when she was 17 at a comic con convention. Some creep took a picture of her while she was bending over to pick something up and posted it on some weird site. If you wanna take pictures of people doing things like walking or standing thats not dirty and they are cool with it, then thats fine. But taking creepy upskirt shots or pictures of underage girls bending over is just plain weird (among other things).

Lucky_Krystal
Inappropriate isn't even the issue, since there's no law against being creepy. You can say that it's creepy all you like, but people have every right to take a picture of you bending over in public.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

MrGeezer
Inappropriate isn't even the issue, since there's no law against being creepy. You can say that it's creepy all you like, but people have every right to take a picture of you bending over in public.

Whether it's a right or not, doing that is not free from blame.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

The whole creepshot/creeplife thing thing has been around since before this guy and will continue to be after him and i dont see the big deal. It isn't porn or upskirt shots for the most part at least. If your a female and dress and carry yourself in a respectful way there is no "creepshot" to be had really. It isn't illegal and shouldn't be.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ghoklebutter

If your a female and dress and carry yourself in a respectful way there is no "creepshot" to be had really.

Gen007
Or the person who wants to do a creepshot can just back off.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] Whether it's a right or not, doing that is not free from blame.

And I already addressed that. Whatever one chooses to photograph, they're responsible for it. If you ever take a photograph and then have to keep your identity secret when showing it out of fear of getting fired, then that's probably a pretty freaking good indication that you shouldn't be taking the picture. People absolutely have the right to call the dude out on his "creepshots", and that extends to his employer firing his ass once his identity has become public. But as far as the shots themselves, I'm not concerned (aside from the upskirt stuff). You go out in public in revealing clothes and then bend over in plain sight, don't start whining when someone takes a look or snaps a photo. As far as I'm concerned, that's like walking down the street in clothes that show heavy cleavage, and then complaining when you catch people staring.