Who do you want to see in an MCU X-Men film?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Now that the Disney-Fox deal is finally done and complete it is inevitable we will see the X-Men appear in the MCU within the next year or two. Who do you want to see?

My picks would be:

Prof X

Cyclops

Jean

Storm

Wolverine

Beast

Nightcrawler

Shadowcat

Would like to see introduced as anti heroes or villains before joining the team:

Gambit

Rogue

Pyslocke

Emma Frost

Younger mutants join eventually like Jubilee, Magma, Cannonball etc

Introduce the sentinels as the primary antagonist before eventually moving on to Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Pyro, Avalanche, The Blob, The Juggernaut

Later introduce Apocalypse/Mr Sinister and The Marauders, a Magneto/Apocalypse/Sinister movie (after some well written movies with good character development first) would be awesome

Thoughts??

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

Really anything at this point as long as it doesn't remind me of the Fox X-men movies. God they're terrible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

@volsung said:

Really anything at this point as long as it doesn't remind me of the Fox X-men movies. God they're terrible.

X2 and DOFP are really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@volsung said:

X2 and DOFP are really good.

Fine, everything besides X2 and DOFP are terrible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 uninspiredcup

The only thing i'd miss from a reboot is James Mcavoy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Eh...but I do want them all to get their own movies, Idon't care if they are 1 timeline, but do want crossover.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Yeah introducing them as antagonists first sounds like a good idea. I'd like Marvel to reboot X-Men altogether in fact. I was never a fan of the newer films and the idea of X-Men as a younger generation. I prefer them as middle-aged (plus two old ones) people just like in the original trilogy, which I quite enjoyed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Havok(Cyclop's brother) and Storm's brother who also a mutant.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@volsung: First Class and Logan are good too. Plus the Deadpool films

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

All I want to see is a proper Rogue where she fights Captain Marvel, steals her powers and leaves Captain Marvel as a useless husk. I've always known Rogue to be super strong, invulnerable and had the power to fly, so Rogue has never been represented correctly to me in the movies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I'd kind of like the Xmen to keep their own universe.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Want to see them continue the X-23 story.

@JustPlainLucas said:

All I want to see is a proper Rogue where she fights Captain Marvel, steals her powers and leaves Captain Marvel as a useless husk. I've always known Rogue to be super strong, invulnerable and had the power to fly, so Rogue has never been represented correctly to me in the movies.

yeah I don't know much about her, but it seems like Rogue has a lot of potential. I think in the movies she was just cast as "the emo" as far as role goes.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JustPlainLucas
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not me... their universe sucks.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JustPlainLucas

@mrbojangles25 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

yeah I don't know much about her, but it seems like Rogue has a lot of potential. I think in the movies she was just cast as "the emo" as far as role goes.

Yeah, she was severely underutilized in the movies. It was cool when she briefly absorbed someone's powers like Wolverine's healing ability, but other than that, she was incredibly weak. In the comics after she permanently absorbed Captain Marvel's powers, not only did she get super strength, invulnerability and flight, she could still absorb other people's powers as well. For instance, she temporarily absorbed Cyclops' powers and optic blasted everything to hell. So yeah... Rogue would be a NASTY character if they rebooted her right in the films.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

Yeah, she was severely underutilized in the movies. It was cool when she briefly absorbed someone's powers like Wolverine's healing ability, but other than that, she was incredibly weak. In the comics after she permanently absorbed Captain Marvel's powers, not only did she get super strength, invulnerability and flight, she could still absorb other people's powers as well. For instance, she temporarily absorbed Cyclops' powers and optic blasted everything to hell. So yeah... Rogue would be a NASTY character if they rebooted her right in the films.

Overpowered and ruining the action?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic  Online

@JustPlainLucas said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Currently but it's going to be rebooted.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JustPlainLucas
@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

Overpowered and ruining the action?

No more overpowered than, say, Magneto. I don't know any X-Man that doesn't have some weakness to exploit. Even though Rogue's invulnerable, she can still be knocked out if hit hard enough.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JustPlainLucas
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah, and I think it's going to be better for it. My only concern is the MCU writers not really knowing how to deal with Deadpool.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator

@JustPlainLucas said:

No more overpowered than, say, Magneto. I don't know any X-Man that doesn't have some weakness to exploit. Even though Rogue's invulnerable, she can still be knocked out if hit hard enough.

Magneto never gave me the impression of being overpowered really. Granted I haven't read any comics or seen all the movies.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JustPlainLucas
@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

Magneto never gave me the impression of being overpowered really. Granted I haven't read any comics or seen all the movies.

He yanked an asteroid out of its orbit and built a base on it. He could even pull the iron core out of the Earth if he wanted to. He could also kill everyone by pulling the iron out of their blood, although it's been proven that the iron in our blood is not magnetic. I even had a collectible card game called Overpower where his energy level was an 8 out of 8. So yeah, he's extremely powerful. The thing is, he's usually written in a way where there's always some opportunity to take him down, or he has a moral compass at times that prevents him from committing some truly evil acts.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 horgen  Moderator

@JustPlainLucas said:
@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

He yanked an asteroid out of its orbit and built a base on it. He could even pull the iron core out of the Earth if he wanted to. He could also kill everyone by pulling the iron out of their blood, although it's been proven that the iron in our blood is not magnetic. I even had a collectible card game called Overpower where his energy level was an 8 out of 8. So yeah, he's extremely powerful. The thing is, he's usually written in a way where there's always some opportunity to take him down, or he has a moral compass at times that prevents him from committing some truly evil acts.

In the movies? Damn,what I have missed. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@JustPlainLucas said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah, and I think it's going to be better for it. My only concern is the MCU writers not really knowing how to deal with Deadpool.

Didn't Disney decide to keep Deadpool R and therefore not with the rest of the characters?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup

An Apocalypse that doesn't suck.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

I usually do my research when comic book movies come out and sort of get a condensed version of it (I didn't read comics either).

But according to what I read at the time (it's been a while) Magneto is "all powerful" because magnetic fields and magnetic things are everywhere. They mentioned how he could reverse the polarity of the earth and blow it up or stop it from spinning or something, how he could throw rocks if they had enough iron in it, and stuff like that.

They go even further and say that human energy and time travel and atoms all have magnetic charges so Magneto is essentially god and can theoretically bring people back to life, travel in time, blah blah blah. He can project a shield around himself so he can't die, etc.

Basically what we saw in the films was like 5% of what he could do.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JustPlainLucas
@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

None of that was actually in the movies.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yup.

Shadebirb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shadebirb
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

Jubilee would've been nice. A new Gambit introduction too perhaps. I liked Jubilee in one of the old cartoons and Gambit in the evolution series.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

I like to see Spider-Man & the X-Men crossover like from the Comics to cartoon series if possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I'd like to see wolverine in avengers end game. That would be godly.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@horgen said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

None of that was actually in the movies.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yup.

In the Days of Future Past movie he did lift and move an entire sports stadium. In X3 Final stand didn't he move the Golden Gate Bridge or something? Been awhile since I've seen that one.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I really like him as an actor but I don't think he makes a good Prof X. I wouldnt really miss him much.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uninspiredcup

@vfighter said:

@uninspiredcup: I really like him as an actor but I don't think he makes a good Prof X. I wouldnt really miss him much.

I think it's more down to the depiction of him as younger. I really hated how these movies focused so much on Jennifer Lawrence. Sure she's a big star, but she's really shit in these movies, Rebecca Romijn was way better. Be glad to see her ejected.

nola1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nola1000
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Celebration would've been decent. Another Gambit presentation too maybe. I enjoyed Jubilee in one of the old kid's shows and Gambit in the advancement arrangement. Brazzers YoupornXhamster

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#33 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Pretty much everyone from the early 90's comics and the FOX Kids cartoon show.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#34 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Any of them. Still, sucks Hugh Jackman won't be playing Wolverine anymore. I gotta re-watch the movies. I remember 2 being especially good.