Which is more bigger attack on USA. 911 or Pearl Harbor?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mohan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mohan88
Member since 2006 • 4839 Posts
I would say 911 because I watched it on tv and it is also biggest attack I ever seen in my life. God bless to people who lost their lives on 911 and pearl harbor. But I say 911 was bigger attack than Pearl Harbor. What do you guys say?
TehAirHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TehAirHendrix
Member since 2006 • 1130 Posts
911 was just horrific. I was in 5th grade back then and I had no idea what the hell they were talking about in school when it was over the loudspeaker.

The minute I got home, my mom was crying in the living room while I watched the footage of that building that we actually have a picture of being next to it in the 90s crumbling to the ground with blasts of fire and smoke. The worst part is you could see little dots falling out windows. When I was told via the news that those were people, I couldn't believe my f()ckin ears.

It was one of those moments that you never want to experience in your life more than once.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Pearl Harbour nearly crippled the American Pacific fleet.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#4 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
I personally think the Pearl Harbor attack is more big, sense it led to WWII.
abattoir_blues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 abattoir_blues
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts
for most americans I think that they would say 911, becuase they hurt the heart of the country and the people that were killed were just every day people, in pearl harbor most of the people were marines.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 foxhound_fox
I personally think the Pearl Harbor attack is more big, sense it led to WWII.klusps

Someone obviously did not stay awake during history c-lass... :(

The war started in '39 son! September 1st, Germany invades Poland.
TehAirHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TehAirHendrix
[QUOTE="klusps"]I personally think the Pearl Harbor attack is more big, sense it led to WWII.foxhound_fox

Someone obviously did not stay awake during history ****.. :(

Well check your facts buddy. He's probably referring to when the U.S.A. entered World War II.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
Technically, Pearl Harbor had the biggest impact, only because it forced us to enter World War II, and we were attacked by the military (apparently), not some renegade terrorists. It was also an attack on our military directly, which can hurt an economy more than attacking civillians, quite frankly.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="klusps"]I personally think the Pearl Harbor attack is more big, sense it led to WWII.TehAirHendrix

Someone obviously did not stay awake during history ****.. :(

Well check your facts buddy. He's probably referring to when the U.S.A. entered World War II.

Yes I did meant the US, thanks for pointing that out for me. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 foxhound_fox
Well check your facts buddy. He's probably referring to when the U.S.A. entered World War II.TehAirHendrix

"sense it led to WWII"

I know the US entered the war in '41. December 7th, attack on Pearl Harbour, US enters on the 8th.

He said "led." If he had said "led to the US's entrance" I would not have attacked him... but I apologize... I am a history major and am a fact whore. >_>
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="TehAirHendrix"]Well check your facts buddy. He's probably referring to when the U.S.A. entered World War II.foxhound_fox

"sense it led to WWII"

I know the US entered the war in '41. December 7th, attack on Pearl Harbour, US enters on the 8th.

He said "led." If he had said "led to the US's entrance" I would not have attacked him... but I apologize... I am a history major and am a fact whore. >_>

Okay. What was the last thing George Washington did before he died?
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it.  Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. 
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
Pearl Harbor, it brought is into the world war.
Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
Well, of course you will get a biased answer of 9/11, because we actually saw what happend on live TV the moment the other planes crashed into the towers. Pearl Harbour we didnt, we just see pictures and hear stories, we just dont realise how bad it was.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Greatgone12

9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it. Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. Bass7
You realize the government probably had nothing to do with the attack itself. Apparently it was just the military. I don't know, maybe it was the government's intention.

I'm Japanese, too, BTW. 

TehAirHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TehAirHendrix
9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it. Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. Bass7
You're Japanese?
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Pearl Harbour makes us look bad?! PFFT, bring up Japan in  a WWII subject and all youll hear is rape of nankin, rape of nankin. now THAT makes us look bad:( 

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SimpJee
I'd say that I feel like an ass for what we did to Japan. We nuked you guys, which I say is worse than bombing run. Although both are bad, I think nuking a country is significantly worse.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Greatgone12

[QUOTE="Bass7"]9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it. Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. SimpJee

I'd say that I feel like an ass for what we did to Japan. We nuked you guys, which I say is worse than bombing run. Although both are bad, I think nuking a country is significantly worse.

We're all asses.

Just take comfort in knowing that Canada was not involved, and therefore still safe. 

BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BEAN_LARD_MULCH

[QUOTE="Bass7"]9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it. Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. SimpJee

True, but some people say we won in the long run.... 

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SimpJee

[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="Bass7"]9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it. Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. Greatgone12

We're all asses.

Just take comfort in knowing that Canada was not involved, and therefore still safe.

You're basically considered part of America, so don't think yourself too lucky. **** we pay your defense bill.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"]

[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="Bass7"]9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it. Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. SimpJee

We're all asses.

You're basically considered part of America, so don't think yourself too lucky. **** we pay your defense bill.

Yes, New Jersey is, in fact, a state.

I don't live in Canada. >_> 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 foxhound_fox
Okay. What was the last thing George Washington did before he died?Greatgone12

I don't know! >_>

I said I am a history major (technically, not yet), not a grad student! :P

I am just starting down the path to a degree that leads nowhere.
HupHupOranje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HupHupOranje
Member since 2006 • 1450 Posts
I say the OP should pay more attention in English class. :\
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Greatgone12
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"]Okay. What was the last thing George Washington did before he died?foxhound_fox

I don't know! >_>

I said I am a history major (technically, not yet), not a grad student! :P

I am just starting down the path to a degree that leads nowhere.

The answer was live. >___>
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SimpJee
[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="Greatgone12"]

[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="Bass7"]9/11 because I was actually alive to witness it. Also Pearl Harbor makes me seem like an ass because of what my country did to the U.S. :(. Greatgone12

We're all asses.

Yes, New Jersey is, in fact, a state.

I don't live in Canada. >_>

Minor oversight on my part.
mohan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mohan88
Member since 2006 • 4839 Posts
Anyone like to tell which one is bigger attack?
gamerelite5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamerelite5
Member since 2007 • 346 Posts

I would say 911 because I watched it on tv and it is also biggest attack I ever seen in my life. God bless to people who lost their lives on 911 and pearl harbor. But I say 911 was bigger attack than Pearl Harbor. What do you guys say?mohan88

After pearl harbor millions of japanese americans were considered spies and shipped off to internment camps. 

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts
9/11 was an unprovoked attack against civilians. PH was somewhat provoked against the military. Washington was looking for an excuse to get into the war anyway. Therefore I say 9/11.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
I say Pearl Harbor. Japanese basically said, "F*** You, America"
serbsta69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 serbsta69
Member since 2006 • 19209 Posts
i think 9/11
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

Depends on what you mean as "bigger"?

If it is deaths than I guess 9/11 wins by a little bit. As far as forces at work, Pearl Harbor. As far as headlines and shock, both are very similar.

glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

Well, technically, it would be Pearl Harbor because that's what led America into World War II, which led to even more casualites.

But on a psychological sense, 911 is worse because innocent people who had no involvement with the military whatsoever were killed.

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

Well, technically, it would be Pearl Harbor because that's what led America into World War II, which led to even more casualites.

glitchgeeman

In that case 9/11 led to the "war on terrorism" and more casualties too. Who knows when this one will end. :?

JamWithKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JamWithKetchup
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

But on a psychological sense, 911 is worse because innocent people who had no involvement with the military whatsoever were killed.

glitchgeeman

Ya' know what got the United States out of the Great Depression?  World War II.  While the casualities were high, America did benefit from it GREATLY.  On the other hand, the 9/11 attacks spurred an increasingly pointless war.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

9/11. Soldiers being attacked isnt a new thing,they are trained and know the risks,its there job to be in the line of danger. However 9/11 was all civilians,men,woman,children,normal people living out there normal lives which is what we do everyday,except on that day they were killed, not by a stratigical attack by another countries army,but by a terrorist organization,who would kill more civilians if they could.

As far as after the attacks. Pearl Harbor did led to more deaths to our soldiers,however this "war on terror" isnt over and doesnt look to be ending anytime soon. Plus its causing tension between us and other nations, for example Iran,which could end up being another war, and this time, the countries we are fighting are capable of getting there hands on nukes,whether they make them or buy them,and they arent affraid of walking into the city and blowing it up. 9/11 has had a big impact. Especially on our lives, we are living thorugh it and its after math. For all we know a war could start with iran and theres a draft and some of us actually have to go fight.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
9/11 was an attack on civilians directly. Pearl Harbor was an attack on our military.
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
Pearl Harbor led to the.....atom bomb
FootFetish24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FootFetish24
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
2000 men were lost in pearl harbor whereas 3000 men and women were lost in the WTC's. =0 both attacks of which america couldve stopped.
FootFetish24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FootFetish24
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
2000 men were lost in pearl harbor whereas 3000 men and women were lost in the WTC's. =0 both attacks of which america couldve stopped.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SaintLeonidas

Pearl Harbor led to the.....atom bombLief_Ericson

yes which we used twice,this war on terror and conflict with iran could led to a bigger nuclear problem.

PlayedThemAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PlayedThemAll
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
Okay, people don't like to hear this, especialy us Americans, and I am American. But both are over rated, and over hyped and over used propoganda for reasons why we should kill other people.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SaintLeonidas

Okay, people don't like to hear this, especialy us Americans, and I am American. But both are over rated, and over hyped and over used propoganda for reasons why we should kill other people.PlayedThemAll

so if your mother died in 9/11 you wouldnt want the terrorist group who killed them killed?

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
Less people died in Pearl Harbor but it was the catalyst to the Japan atomic bombings, so I choose both.
Bidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bidiot
Member since 2003 • 609 Posts

So the Japanese Imperial Navy who bombed us and then their government decleared war was just American propganda to join a war we had tried to stay out of and gain thousands of square miles of extra land to add to our nation? Thanks kimosabe.

Also it is also American propganda that al-queda attacked us so we could goto afghanistan and do what exactly?

ashmole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ashmole
Member since 2004 • 686 Posts
To the OP - you dumb immature brat, both attacks were just as horrible, and the reason behind asking such a senseless question is beyond my thinking.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Pearl Harbour.
mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#48 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts
In terms of damage the Pearl Harbor attack literally destroyed the Pacific Fleet-- but 9/11 was just truly horrible. While World War II was very significant on US policy, I think 9/11 changed our country in a radical new direction unseen in US foreign policy in my opinion. This is a war that will be fought all over the world for a VERY VERY long time.
HupHupOranje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HupHupOranje
Member since 2006 • 1450 Posts

so if your mother died in 9/11 you wouldnt want the terrorist group who killed them killed?

SaintLeonidas

I would. But if that were the case we would've invaded Saudi Arabia. Not Iraq. Not Afghanistan.

SS11SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 SS11SS
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
Pearl Harbour, it nearly gave Japan freedom in the Pacific.