DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

I've seen a few: Fugazi, Helmet, B-52s, Violent Femmes, The Roots, and Wayne Shorter. My favorite show was also my first. Helmet with the Jesus Lizard and Therapy? I've also seen other bands that aren't as popular. How about you?

I'm crushed that I didn't get to see Siouxsie and the Banshees play with Iggy Pop on another stage. Happened days ago, I think.

A couple of strange things happened to me at concerts. I've made eye contact with musicians and it was as if they were acknowledging me for something. Quest Love looked at me and nodded. At another show the lead singer pointed right at me. It was startling. Wish I knew what that's about.

Also, please share any anecdotes you have from shows you've been to. That would be amazing.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

International (in no particular order): Elton John, Scorpions, Chris Norman, Nightwish, Tarja Turunen, Andrea Bocceli. Local: Andrius Mamontovas, Marijonas Mikutavičius, Biplan, Thundertale, Inga Jankauskaitė.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Megadeth.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I'm going to limit this to bands I've seen more than once or we'll be here all day:

Judas Priest (which should surprise no one), Iron Maiden, Slayer, Green Day, Weezer, Bad Religion, Dio, Black Sabbath, Metalica, Sarah Mclachlan, NiN, Pantera, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Jason Mraz.

I want to explain that last one. I have nothing against Jason Mraz, but have never been to his concerts on purpose. He just kept poping up a free music festivals I went to. Accidently saw that guy three times.

Also, I don't only go to punk and metal shows. Those genres just work well live, so I'll see the bands more than once.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8219 Posts

korn

Alice in chains

Metallica

Primus

Ween

Gwar

Municipal Waste

CCR

ACDC

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Little Feet

Power Trip

Pearl Jam

Circle Jerks

Rush

Pantera

There's more, been to a couple festivals where I saw a lot in a few days, these ones off top of my head

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SargentD

@judaspete: never got to see Judas priest live, but I do love the music, screaming vengeance was stuck in my CD player for like 2 years. Didn't care, it was the best

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

The KISS Farewell Tour 2000 was my first Band live and afterward, it was Rammestine, Sevendust, & Trivium so far. The most regretted Band I never took the opportunity to see live is Linkin Parks😢

Bands I wanna see next in the future are: Slipknot, Bring Me the Horizon, & Motionless in White.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23033 Posts

Too many to list, but my favorites have been high energy bands in small venues that don't take themselves too seriously. Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, and The Lizdexycs spring to mind as examples.

Less Than Jake was fun because they ran their show like a comedy game show. It was like Celebrity Jeopardy, but the order of the set was decided Wheel of Fortune like. Reel Big Fish has a lot of fun with their songs and one of my favorites, She Has a Girlfriend Now, is a duet with a guest female singer that doesn't attend the shows. Instead, the trombonist clears his voice and does a VERY close rendition of her. The Lizdexycs was hired for a college party that I (cough) shouldn't have been to and got raided after a couple hours. Instead of running, the band called us over, gave us some discs and merch, and chatted with us while everyone else was losing their minds.

I still have that disc in my regular rotation.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@sargentd: Screaming for Vengeance is fantastic. Like, 40% of the songs on their "Best of" come from it. They start all their concerts with The Hellion/Electric Eye, because why the hell wouldn't they?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Alice in Chains, Five Finger Death Punch, Evanescence, Tool, Goo Goo Dolls.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@sargentd said:

@judaspete: never got to see Judas priest live, but I do love the music, screaming vengeance was stuck in my CD player for like 2 years. Didn't care, it was the best

Then I got you beat in that regard. I did see them live.

I've seen a lot of bands live and it would be an extensive list so I won't list it here but I am going to two MORE Cure concerts this year. YAY! I have seen The Cure the most.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic: I've tried to get into The Cure in the past, and while they're alright I don't understand the appeal that their super fans see. What am I missing? What are the strengths that make them special?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@LJS9502_basic: I've tried to get into The Cure in the past, and while they're alright I don't understand the appeal that their super fans see. What am I missing? What are the strengths that make them special?

I like the atmospheric aspect of their music, melodies, and the lyrics aren't trite. Plus, they do great live shows. Definitely get your money's worth and they don't try to gouge their fans.

I'd imagine a lot of fans feel the same way as I do. I will say their hits are great but the some of the other music is even better. Disintegration is the best album. Ever.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@davillain said:

The KISS Farewell Tour 2000 was my first Band live and afterward, it was Rammestine, Sevendust, & Trivium so far. The most regretted Band I never took the opportunity to see live is Linkin Parks😢

Bands I wanna see next in the future are: Slipknot, Bring Me the Horizon, & Motionless in White.

Just don't waste your time on The End of the Road Tour.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic: Thanks, I'll give them a listen through this window.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1345 Posts

Lots of pop punk and 2000s emo bands. I used to go to warped tour when that was around and a couple other music festivals where I’d see most of my favourite bands in a day or over a weekend.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I saw the Red Hot Chill Peppers live. I have had a crush on them since I was a teenager. I kind of think I still do! Hey like they say always say: "Simpin' aint easy!"

certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts

In no particular order: Moody Blues, John Fogerty, Lukas Nelson, Kiss, Megadeth, Motorhead, Volbeat, Lucana Coil, Nothing More, Ghost, Iron Maiden, Graveyard, Sabaton, Havok, Testament, Anthrax, Slayer, Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Disturbed, Theory of a Deadman, Bullet for my Valentine, Santana, Alice Cooper, Shinedown, Coheed and Cambria, Metallica, all of which I've seen with my mom she's the #1 concert companion lol.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

Certainly more than 100. Memorable ones? Neurosis, Radiohead, Tool, Dodheimsgard, Flying Lotus, Death Grips, Scuru Fitchadu, Jon Hopkins, Orange Goblin, Sigur Ros, Marylin Manson, Mão Morta... etcetera, etcetera.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

always been a club / dj guy rather than a live music guy. seen deadmau5, fatboy slim, daft punk, david guetta, tiesto, swedish house mafia, eric prydz, carl cox, armin van burren, paul van dyk, afrojack... so many over the years. i'm retired now but i'd love one last hurrah in ibiza

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

I once saw a Beatles tribute band.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#23  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I’ve seen AC/DC about 6 or 7 times,seen Megadeth,Iron Maiden,Ozzy Osbourne, Dangerous Toys,Fear Factory,I know there’s a few more.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Saw Wage War, Stick To Your Guns, Everytime I Die, Polynia and August Burns Red at a metal concert in 2015. I never been to a concert myself but it was fun especially the opening band as they were really good. Only bad thing was the sound system was terrible and it was too much bass as the instruments were drowning out the vocals.

Switchfoot, a band from 2001 that I always wanted to see live and they are really good and put on a good show. Got to meet them at a meet and greet for $50 which was worth it as I got a picture as well and bag with a autographed poster.

Warped Tour 08, saw Story of The Year which were really good and sounded like they do on the album. Relient K and a few other bands. Had to leave the concert as my brother's girlfriend couldn't take the heat. Was my first concert and it was actually fun with skate boarding and bands on the different stages.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

In no particular order and definitely forgetting some/excluding random openers (guess what type of music I like lol):

• Soundgarden (after they reformed in the early 2010's)
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • Protest the Hero
  • Black Label Society
  • High On Fire
  • Gojira
  • Devin Townsend (x2)
  • Opeth
  • Mastodon
  • Deafheaven
  • The Ocean
  • Power Trip
  • Ghost
  • Baroness
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SargentD

@with_teeth26: saw Power Trip at a small local venue of about 300 people and it was wild as shit. Loved every second of it

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#27 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@sargentd said:

@with_teeth26: saw Power Trip at a small local venue of about 300 people and it was wild as shit. Loved every second of it

yea same, not sure of the exact numbers but probably around there. It was them opening for High on Fire, epic show.

sadly heard the lead singer passed away (not sure how) not long after I saw them.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SargentD

@with_teeth26: yeah Riley passed, apparently took something with fentanyl in it. R.i.p

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I saw Prodigy live in the 90s, I saw Pixies live at a summer music festival, saw Weezer and Foo Fighters at an event where they toured together, when I was very young I was into New Kids On The Block because that's what my sister and god-sisters listened to and my older brother and his girlfriend took us to see them live, then years later, twice, my sister and god-sisters got me tickets with them when NKOTB were on reunion tours, the first one Lady Gaga opened and at the time though I had no idea who she was, before she blew up, and the next one NKOTB was touring with either Backstreet Boys or NSYNC, I forget, nobody seemed interested in NKOTB but the ladies were screaming like crazy for the other. I also saw Ricky Martin live with my family because my parents wanted to go and got tickets. I once saw Tito Puente perform at a local jazz club and he killed it on the drums. Saw MIA perform years back probably about time Paper Planes was a hit.

I once had tickets to events for MF Doom and Garbage, for Garbage the lead singer got food poisoning and the event was canceled. I forget why by the MF Doom event got canceled as well so couldn't see them.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts
  • Hank Williams JR.
  • Jefferson Starship
  • AC/DC
  • Carlos Santana
  • Primus
  • Faith No More
  • Pantera
  • Static X
  • Ministry
  • Revolting Cocks
  • Metallica
  • Korn
  • Ice Cube
  • Rammstein
  • The Police
  • Mr. Bungle
  • Buckethead
  • El Stew
  • System Of A Down
  • Slipknot
  • Rancid
  • Skankin Pickle
  • Dirty Rotten Imbeciles
  • Megadeth
  • Suicidal Tendencies
  • Violent Femmes
  • Steve Miller
  • George Thorogood
  • Blues Traveller
  • Helmet
  • Mudvayne
  • Golgol Bordello
  • Pink Floyd
  • Neurosis
  • Col. Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade
  • Pennywise
  • Insane Clown Posse
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Godsmack
  • Govt. Mule
  • Giant Robot

I'm sure there are more but this is all I can remember off the top of my head right now.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#31 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@DEVILinIRON:

None.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: Who do you want to see?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#33 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@heathen75: Always wanted to see Rammstein and Metallica. How’s Rammstein in concert in your opinion? Looks wild?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Just thinking about it, aside from school bands, never been to a "big legit" concert before.

Def like to see Metallica before they retire. Know they've been to Glasgow once or twice a few years back.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

I live in a country of sub 3m population, hate crowds and don't go out in general, so I've only been to Linkin Park and Within Temptation concerts.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@heathen75: Always wanted to see Rammstein and Metallica. How’s Rammstein in concert in your opinion? Looks wild?

One of the best live shows I've ever seen. They light everything on fire, including themselves. Being on acid didn't hurt either.